Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:02:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: next bitcoin fork in Nov?  (Read 4740 times)
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:00:58 AM

Best time to buy before the fork because no one knows if blockchain is going to split again or not, from the looks of it  people might greed-split bitcoin again to repeat the same experiences with BCC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sam Weir

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:05:10 AM

Best time to buy before the fork because no one knows if blockchain is going to split again or not, from the looks of it  people might greed-split bitcoin again to repeat the same experiences with BCC.

If a hard fork occurs, there is guaranteed to be a split. It's impossible for any other outcome to occur.
Answerme2

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:28:03 AM

I think nothing will happen in November, and if something happens, the bitcoin will drop slightly to get back up again, so do not worry about the split.
in that case which will you take as real bitcoin.bitcoin segwit2x or bitcoin core?if forks happens which looks possible then it will damage the image of bitcoin and cause confusion.segwit2x has more then 90% support but core has good developers the safest option will be to hold both the coins and wait it out.people should know to not be greedy and dump one coin for another as they may lose their coins if the coin they dump turned out to have less support from investers,miners,users.

ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:58:35 AM

Well the recent fork did not even change anything . Just Bitcoin cash was introduced, but It did not affect Bitcoin at all. Similarly I don't feel there would be any major difference in this fork as well ( if it happens).

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:05:27 PM

After the august 1 fork that happened with rumors about this and that.. Nothing seems to think seriously about what will come this November.. It might be those who regretted to sell there hold before august will not go on panic again.. Reality is, it is a done deal bitcoin still be at strong value whatever may happen..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:11:45 PM

I don't believe that the plug can significantly reduce the price of bitcoin. But in any case it does not add trust to bitcoin. Now we no longer hear conversations about the legalization of bitcoin. The government will never accept a currency whose behavior is unpredictable.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:29:53 PM

The fork that will happen in november will not affect the bitcoin price, the first fork in August did affect the bitcoin price, but that's because of a negative issue, so many people panic, and sell its bitcoin, panic sell that keeps the bitcoin price down.
That's true, last week if July, bitcoin price starts to get low but after Aug 1, bitcoin price become more high and much more than expected because we all thought that bitcoin price will just decrease so a lot of people sell all their bitcoins that they have just to be sure.
Irdina

Activity: 502
Merit: 100

TheFutbolCoin

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:20:34 AM

The fork that will happen in november will not affect the bitcoin price, the first fork in August did affect the bitcoin price, but that's because of a negative issue, so many people panic, and sell its bitcoin, panic sell that keeps the bitcoin price down.
That's true, last week if July, bitcoin price starts to get low but after Aug 1, bitcoin price become more high and much more than expected because we all thought that bitcoin price will just decrease so a lot of people sell all their bitcoins that they have just to be sure.
Yes, so don't panic and fear this segwit actually bring positive impact on bitcoin, so if there is bad news about bitcoin, ignore it.

▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀          T h e F u t b o l C o i n     [    App Store    ] [   Google Play   ]          ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀        WHITEPAPER    |    TEAM    |    TWITTER    |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK        ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:42:32 PM

Forking is same as printing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This is what repeated forks (where the network splits and both networks remain viable) will look like to the investing public. Two slightly different cryptocurrencies splitting, then minting coins on both forks at twice the original rate. That looks exactly like money printing.

Granted, decentralized currencies don't have the authority of fiat, so the market could kill off unpopular forks. But it's possible that many, many forks resulting in many network splits could survive. And that means a lot more than 21 million "bitcoins" (depending how you choose to define them) in circulation.
I think you are correct, forking is becoming a form of money printing, however since the fork is going to create another coin then bitcoin remains unaffected but I agree with you that this is a very sneaky way to circumvent the limitation put in place by satoshi.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:23:32 PM

Hi all,

I read somewhere that there will be another bitcoin fork in nov, is this true??

Where can I read more info on this? I googled but didn't find any news regarding this?

If it happens then it seems there will be another dip and I would buy then!!

Thankss

Don't let yourself be manipulated by rumors. The fact is that this is going to happen on and off through your entire experience with Bitcoin in cryptocurrency. There's always going to be somebody out there that's trying to push information with her it's false or nir false, and they're also going to take very small pieces of information that may or may not be true and blow them up much larger than they are.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:26:18 PM

Hi all,

I read somewhere that there will be another bitcoin fork in nov, is this true??

Where can I read more info on this? I googled but didn't find any news regarding this?

If it happens then it seems there will be another dip and I would buy then!!

Thankss

Don't let yourself be manipulated by rumors. The fact is that this is going to happen on and off through your entire experience with Bitcoin in cryptocurrency. There's always going to be somebody out there that's trying to push information with her it's false or nir false, and they're also going to take very small pieces of information that may or may not be true and blow them up much larger than they are.
The purpose of this is to create fear and to get people trading their Bitcoins. For the other people it's a great thing, but don't let yourself be manipulated by these things. It's dead be on the other side and take advantage of these things.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:22:09 PM

Right now it seems the split is still being chased by the miners so I think you need to make preparations if what you want is to hold your bitcoin or if in the other hand you want to get out of all this drama and move to another coin.
Aztek

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:27:48 PM

No there will be no fork, it is settled

Are you sure about that? Where is your source?

Last I heard they were still discussing a possible fork. At this point given how much the price is increasing it seems like it would not hurt the markets, at least. I guess we shall wait and see.
Correct the last news that I read about the subject a few days ago stated that the miners were still willing to go through the fork planned for November in the New York agreement, I really hope it does not happen but it seems they are decided to go through it and try their luck with yet another altcoin.
I am also not sure if there would be a fork or a segwit going to happened this November. It is a good thing to know information for a former miner so it could help other people to know it. Hence, it could be also a good thing to bitcoin just consider looking back the past splitting of Bitcoin as a success because the price of Bitcoin for now develop and progress the way it should be.
Kuchiyose

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:47:47 PM

If a hard fork occurs, there is guaranteed to be a split. It's impossible for any other outcome to occur.

Splits will always be there and will increase should better have a good strategy to win it
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 08:01:04 AM

Best time to buy before the fork because no one knows if blockchain is going to split again or not, from the looks of it  people might greed-split bitcoin again to repeat the same experiences with BCC.

Splits will always be there and will increase should better have a good strategy to win it

Its more about proper upgrades not splits. We need to be free from tech / deployment fud. This has and already had lot of bad impact to bitcoin. Market share might be not below 50%, because bitcoin can do!

There is no reason why bitcoin is not the AmazonGoogleEbayApple of the cryptoworld.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 08:06:18 AM

In Nov the hard fork is approaching and if occurs then the bitcoin will go down. It will negatively effect the ecosystem radically if it splits

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 08:09:25 AM

In Nov the hard fork is approaching and if occurs then the bitcoin will go down. It will negatively effect the ecosystem radically if it splits

I'm sure you can prove why, or you post fud.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:26:29 AM

Best time to buy before the fork because no one knows if blockchain is going to split again or not, from the looks of it  people might greed-split bitcoin again to repeat the same experiences with BCC.

Its more about proper upgrades not splits. We need to be free from tech / deployment fud. This has and already had lot of bad impact to bitcoin. Market share might be not below 50%, because bitcoin can do!

There is no reason why bitcoin is not the AmazonGoogleEbayApple of the cryptoworld.

If we want proper upgrades and not splits, we should be focusing on soft-fork upgrades, then. And by that, I mean miner-activated soft forks. Because without a mining majority, a UASF is virtually indistinguishable from a hard fork; it is incompatible with the legacy chain.

Unfortunately, we can't be free from fork FUD. The fact of the matter is that major stakeholders have become very entrenched in this industry. Companies like Bitpay and Coinbase and Bloq, miners like Bitmain... they have interests, and they are not necessarily in line with Bitcoin users. They will do whatever they can to further their business interests.
chesegrinder

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:43:47 AM

I read about news that there were going to have a segwit2x this november. Surely when it happen you will see a dip in bitcoin and other altcoin which is a good time to buy them BUT the hard fork happened last Aug 1 which is the born of bitcoin cash didnt affect bitcoin hence bitcoin increase its popularity more. And there are no news regarding thr success of bitcoin cash as still the leading crypto is bitcoin. Let them create new coins and more coins but it will not replace bitcoin on its place

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:58:46 AM

I read about news that there were going to have a segwit2x this november. Surely when it happen you will see a dip in bitcoin and other altcoin which is a good time to buy them BUT the hard fork happened last Aug 1 which is the born of bitcoin cash didnt affect bitcoin hence bitcoin increase its popularity more. And there are no news regarding thr success of bitcoin cash as still the leading crypto is bitcoin. Let them create new coins and more coins but it will not replace bitcoin on its place

I like your attitude, but I wouldn't be too confident until we start seeing miners and businesses defect from the New York Agreement. For now, basically all the signatories are still talking tough and planning on activating the November hard fork.

This is much different than Bitcoin Cash, which had no overt miner support besides Bitmain. It was manipulated through Bitmain's proxy, ViaBTC. There are mainly two unknown miners mining BCH at the moment; I'm assuming they are Bitmain. They are probably propping up the exchange market as well. With deep enough pockets, they might succeed in making a lot of money from it. Or they might end up like the Hunt brothers. Time will tell.

Anyway, my point is, that's a lot different than a diverse super majority of miners and the biggest BTC services in the space. I believe that users by and large support Core and do not support the fork, which makes a real economic split much more likely than with BCH.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: