Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:17:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Poloniex made people richer?  (Read 848 times)
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 02:59:59 AM

So here is how poloniex dealt with BCC fork: People who had any bitcoin on August one in their polo wallet, received equal amount of BCC from poloniex.
Which means if someone had 1 Bitcoin in their polo wallet on August 1, now he has 1 bitcoin and also 1 Bitcoin Cash in their wallet. So technically, they have given free multiplication to bitcoin funds of people who had it on their platform. I mean they can sell their BCC(which is now over $600) and increase their total worth or bitcoin.

Now my question is, why would they do that? And if they did it. Can we do the same with out bitcoin on our wallets too? Is it possible?
I thought we can only have one of the two, I mean we can only convert our bitcoin to BCC, but to have both is certainly a bonus, isn't it?
Intensity

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:05:32 AM

If you had Bitcoin during the fork, an equal amount of BCC was created to your private key that was holding your BTC. If you scroll down to Step III (Step III: Obtain a Bitcoin Cash Compatible Wallet), you can follow this guide to get your BCC.

https://medium.com/airbitz/how-do-i-get-my-bitcoin-cash-from-airbitz-e97982e3fc4c
Antivoid

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:14:22 AM

you will receive bcc in your wallet or any other exchange, poloniex didnt do anything more, you just get what you deserved
intec

Activity: 265

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:23:15 AM

Correct me if im wrong but there is no free money in here, you deposit 1 btc you receive 1 btc 1 bcc to trade with. If you spend balance on btc your bcc decreases too. But i never dealt with with bcc so I don't really know.
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 03:28:07 AM

Correct me if im wrong but there is no free money in here, you deposit 1 btc you receive 1 btc 1 bcc to trade with. If you spend balance on btc your bcc decreases too. But i never dealt with with bcc so I don't really know.
That's thankfully not true, bitcoin and bitcoin cash are on two totally separate blockchains. Bitcoin cash merely made a snapshot of the bitcoin blockchain and continued adding blocks to the chain on its own so any transactions you make now on the bitcoin cash blockchain remain there, they don't get propagated to the bitcoin blockchain as well.

intec

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:32:00 AM

So are you saying if i deposit btc in exchanges i get the unit value in bcc to dump?
garytheasshole

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 03:36:53 AM

So are you saying if i deposit btc in exchanges i get the unit value in bcc to dump?
If you import the private keys in your bitcoin cash wallet from any address that had bitcoins before August 1st, 5:20am PT (12:20pm UTC) you will get the same amount of bitcoin cash, exchanges just do it for you since you don't have the private keys of your exchange bitcoin address.

CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:43:34 AM

No you will not get the unit value in bitcoins cash BCH not BCC on poloniex, because poloniex market doesn't support this feature
 but if you have bitcoins before 1st August 2017 and you keep the private key you will get the unit value in bitcoins cash BCH
 You can claim bitcoins cash that support for it, but you can not do it on poloniex, you can claim on bittrex to get your bitcoins cash.
mriansa

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:48:42 AM

So here is how poloniex dealt with BCC fork: People who had any bitcoin on August one in their polo wallet, received equal amount of BCC from poloniex.
Which means if someone had 1 Bitcoin in their polo wallet on August 1, now he has 1 bitcoin and also 1 Bitcoin Cash in their wallet. So technically, they have given free multiplication to bitcoin funds of people who had it on their platform. I mean they can sell their BCC(which is now over $600) and increase their total worth or bitcoin.

Now my question is, why would they do that? And if they did it. Can we do the same with out bitcoin on our wallets too? Is it possible?
I thought we can only have one of the two, I mean we can only convert our bitcoin to BCC, but to have both is certainly a bonus, isn't it?

Yes of course this depends you can take advantage of the situation or not, if like yesterday 1 August BCH is given free of charge and it is very profitable for those who have 100 BTC in polo enough for snack Cheesy
intec

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:50:18 AM

No you will not get the unit value in bitcoins cash BCH not BCC on poloniex, because poloniex market doesn't support this feature
 but if you have bitcoins before 1st August 2017 and you keep the private key you will get the unit value in bitcoins cash BCH
 You can claim bitcoins cash that support for it, but you can not do it on poloniex, you can claim on bittrex to get your bitcoins cash.

Was a snapshot of the blockchain taken? If I spent already those bitcoins do I get something?
kolap

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

In Crypto We Trust

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:51:30 AM

You is a little late on this, other exchanges already gave away BCC way before Poloniex did, like Bittrex or Kraken and soon will be Coinbase.  

Loepuenkyou

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 03:52:31 AM

youre are true, after bitcoin cash listing and can trade in poloniex BCH price incraese very high
i think much people get much profit , if have big capital money can rich
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2002
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:53:31 AM

Didn't get me rich, but it sure did make me sell BCC for BTC asap

in retrospect, should have waited
garytheasshole

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 03:57:14 AM

Didn't get me rich, but it sure did make me sell BCC for BTC asap

in retrospect, should have waited
I'm happy that I dumped as fast as I could get the BCC on polio, bought myself some nice things, out of thin air!
I hope we see a lot more of these in future.

veraoktav127

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:17:53 AM

youre are true, after bitcoin cash listing and can trade in poloniex BCH price incraese very high
i think much people get much profit , if have big capital money can rich
yes, it all depends how clever we count..if there is a chance then take it

PHOENEX EXCHANGE                       
                               ● Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ●                               
TELEGRAMREDDITREDDITMEDIUMFACEBOOK   ◣WHITEPAPER   
bengems

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:21:12 AM

I think they made people rich, but they are very rigid for not allowing new coins to be added. Now they are losing their position trex. Bad for them

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jzale

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:25:05 AM

It's not just Poloniex. All wallet providers who supports BCC on their platform has made people who supports BCC when the fork occurred had an additional asset to their accounts. If you've got 10+ BTC on your wallet during fork then surely it will make you more richer.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:23:57 AM

bittrex made its users a lot more richer because they added bitcoin cash in the first day and the pump back then was up to 0.4 if i am not mistaken.

Now my question is, why would they do that?
because they wanted to take the safest route. they first waited to see if this chain can survive and also if it could they waited until it stabilizes first and takes its possible victims and then they got in.

And if they did it. Can we do the same with out bitcoin on our wallets too? Is it possible?
it is like half the topics on bitcointalk these days Smiley
yes you can. as other user said if you had any coins prior to Aug 1 in a wallet that you control they private keys of, now you have bitcoin cash in same amount too.

that is called buying something, you can also buy BCC with your fiat or bitcoin and have only one of them!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:52:45 AM

I don't think it was to make people richer, it was to credit them as a platform, bittrex did it, coinbase did it, you must have noticed how the volume decreased before the fork because everyone was getting their Btc out of polo, their support currently sucks, Its a PR move.
3months18w

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:31:54 AM

Hi man , seems you have  left crypto for a while as you're a SR member , or else you  should know every BTC holder got an equal amount of BCC. That's what you should got.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: