Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:12:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CROAT - THE CATALAN ALTCOIN - EGALITARIAN COIN OF THE CATALAN PEOPLE  (Read 66260 times)
odubo

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:04:42 AM

The .wallet file cannot just disappear. It can be deleted, like any file, or, which is more probable, the recently opened wallets history was deleted, which is not in any way critical. We will look into that, to make sure this doesn't happen, because we haven't experienced it until now.

The default save location is in the same folder the app was installed in, but this location can be changed by the user.

A search for .wallet files is the first thing to do. After locating it, either keep it there, ore move it to a chosen location which you will remember. From the CroatCore app, use the Open Wallet button and browse to the wallet's location.

If you don't find the .wallet file, then you can recover it by using the private keys and importing them into the app. In the CroatCore instructions it is recommended to export the wallet's keys and keep them in a safe place.

We cannot stress enough how important it is to treat you wallet like you'd treat cash. Make sure you know where you save it, like you'd know where you keep you physical wallet. Be careful when writing the password. Don't forget it. Export the keys right after creating the wallet and keep them in a safe place. Make as many backup copies you see fit of the wallet, the password, the keys, and keep them safe, just like physical cash.
There is no other possibility to recover a wallet and there is nothing that the developers can do, even if you send us your wallet address.

thanks for the support, I returned the purse, with it everything is fine.
But there are some problems:
I have 6 farms, 4 is excellent, and 2, after restarting Windows 10 64bit there are no wallets, as I have just installed the application, and each time I need to specify the path to the wallet in the program folder, specify the address of the pool.
so on 2 of the 6 farms.
This is a comment to the programmers to correct this bug for the future.
For me, he is not critical.
and yet, after opening a purse, I can not immediately start mining, sometimes it takes 5 minutes to wait, a "Daemon ..." notification appears and you just have to wait.
I think to reinstall the application.
I have all the same farms, the components are identical, windows and other programs and settings too, all farms work in 1 network.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dazuixia456

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:06:16 AM

I think this is just a coin around the hype. Nothing good will end, this is a very unstable investment
greentekel

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:08:23 AM

The .wallet file cannot just disappear. It can be deleted, like any file, or, which is more probable, the recently opened wallets history was deleted, which is not in any way critical. We will look into that, to make sure this doesn't happen, because we haven't experienced it until now.

The default save location is in the same folder the app was installed in, but this location can be changed by the user.

A search for .wallet files is the first thing to do. After locating it, either keep it there, ore move it to a chosen location which you will remember. From the CroatCore app, use the Open Wallet button and browse to the wallet's location.

If you don't find the .wallet file, then you can recover it by using the private keys and importing them into the app. In the CroatCore instructions it is recommended to export the wallet's keys and keep them in a safe place.

We cannot stress enough how important it is to treat you wallet like you'd treat cash. Make sure you know where you save it, like you'd know where you keep you physical wallet. Be careful when writing the password. Don't forget it. Export the keys right after creating the wallet and keep them in a safe place. Make as many backup copies you see fit of the wallet, the password, the keys, and keep them safe, just like physical cash.
There is no other possibility to recover a wallet and there is nothing that the developers can do, even if you send us your wallet address.

I have 6 farms, 4 is excellent, and 2, after restarting Windows 10 64bit there are no wallets, as I have just installed the application, and each time I need to specify the path to the wallet in the program folder, specify the address of the pool.
so on 2 of the 6 farms.
and yet, after opening a purse, I can not immediately start mining, sometimes it takes 5 minutes to wait, a "Daemon ..." notification appears and you just have to wait.
I have all the same farms, the components are identical, windows and other programs and settings too, all farms work in 1 network.

You don't have to have the program and separate wallets on each computer, you can farm to the same wallet with xmrMiner and only have one wallet on your main computer.
imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 11:36:34 AM

CROAT

We're proud to announce the result of a long time of hoping, dreaming, planning and lots of hard work!

Croat, the Catalan Altcoin is here to make history!

Croat was one of the most used and longest lived of the Catalan coins. Croat is an important part of the historical dentity of the Catalan people. Croat as an altcoin brings the Catalan coin from the past into the future.
A tool within everyone’s reach, justified not only by economical needs, but also by historical, cultural and personal ones.

More info on Croat's history here.

Croat is a virtual coin or criptocurrency based on Cryptonote algorithm. Although technically not a great innovation in terms of major changes in the algorithm, this was not our main purpose. Our objective is to create a Catalan product, a tool destined to be used by the people, governed by the people, and that brings benefits directly to the people.

There have been other intents to launch a Catalan cryptocurrency. Some failed due to technical faults, others were not really a decentralized cryptocurrency, but more a centralized “token” system related to some local authority. We've studied them all. We learned from the mistakes some made and from the approach others had, to make Croat the best option for ordinary people, unrelated to any institution or organization.

Although we strongly believe in Catalonia's future, we are not politically subscribed to any party or group. In our group of developers there are people with different political views, but as a group we only believe in the future of Croat as THE CATALAN ALTCOIN. People deserve the right to have access to Croat, no matter what their political views are. In the end, it's only money. And we strongly believe that PEOPLE should have the right to govern and control it, not institutions, not political parties, not central banks.

The Croat project started out of a need to offer a virtual coin to the Catalan people. Catalonia has a lot of economic potential and Croat will be a powerful tool to accelerate the economic development of our region We cannot stress enough the importance of THE PEOPLE. Croat was not created by any institution, government or official organization, but by a group of ordinary people, passionate developers, with Catalonia at heart. We want to empower our PEOPLE, give them a tool that works for them and, more importantly, one that represents them.

Why Croat?

It's obvious that other cryptocurrencies also offer the advantages of de-centralization and security. But Croat is much different because of several reasons:

Although having worldwide usability by design, Croat was developed and began in Catalonia. All our efforts to make it known will be centered among the Catalan community, locally and abroad. Anybody can jump on board, even they're not Catalans, out of sympathy for the Catalan identity, culture and community, or simply because they are able to see a business opportunity in a very different altcoin, with great potential to succeed. But the fact that it all starts in Catalonia, and most of Croat users, at least in the beginning, are Catalans, will directly help the Catalan people when Croat's value increases, because they were part of it from the beginning (remember that 100 $ worth of Bitcoin bought in 2011 are worth over 400 millions in 2017). We'd be extremely proud to know that we have directly contributed to the economical wellbeing of our people.

As most Catalan people, we, the developers, are very concerned about many causes that need help, such as fighting inequality, unemployment, social exclusion of certain groups, people afflicted with rare diseases, the environment, among many others. And we're sick of hearing promises and seeing governments and institutions develop complex and useless programs which only waste precious resources and don't really get to help those who are really suffering. Croat system will give us the best tool to be able to directly help some of those in need. All of the pre-mined Croats will only be destined to ensure the continuous development of the coin, to fund special actions consistent with our philosophy, and to help those in need.  We have already started by donating wallets with Croats to various foundations and organizations that fulfill these criteria. We will continue to do so, and, for those which accept this, we will publicize these donations on our website and on our social channels. Stay tuned to find out about our plans, some of them are really big!

Similarly to the idea that we want Croat to serve common people, we developed this cryptocurrency only with the common people in mind. The user interface is extremely intuitive and easy to use. You don't need to be an expert to get on board. With a few clicks, you can start mining and get your rewards in a very short time. The algorithm we chose is the best for our cause. Why? Because it's ASIC-resistant. This sounds complicated, but what it really means is that ANYONE can mine. You don't need to invest a lot of money in specialized equipment. Just use your personal computer, install our client app, and you're good to go! Also, it's ecological. Unlike Bitcoin mining, as well as many other cryptocurrencies, you won't need to spend huge amounts of electricity to be able to mine Croat. Again, you'll just need a normal personal computer. This is great for the planet, but also not bad for your own finances!

Technical Specs

Downloads

Downloads page for Croat Core wallet / client

The Croat console and wallet software are currently available for Windows, MacOS and Linux. We're also working hard on a portable wallet app for both Android and iOS, which will be available soon.
Croat Core for Windows: Compatible with Windows 7 64 bits or higher
Croat Core for Mac OS X: Compatible with Mac OS X 12.12 or higher
Croat Core for Linux: Compatible with Ubuntu 16.04

Downloads page for Croat Core wallet / client

Now voting on C-CEX: https://c-cex.com/?id=vote&coin=croat

Coming soon!

In-wallet pool mining already available. Please download the latest version!

Pool 1(official): https://croat.pool.cat/
Pool 2 (official): http://178.22.66.126/

Pool 4 (international): http://croat.globalpool.cc/
Pool 5 (international): http://croat.pools.e-scavo.net.ar/croat_site/ --- UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Blockchain explorer

We are dedicated to building more apps for the platform, to increase usability and ensure flawless functioning, as well as provide continuous updates and support. All members of the  development team have years of professional experience, enabling us to give the end user superior technical support and to create industry leading software.

Croats can be used globally, in any country, at any time. Built upon public open source architecture, nobody owns or controls Croat, and anybody can take part.

For those wishing to track developments and Croat news, please have a look at our website, subscribe to our news feed and follow us on our social channels of Facebook and Twitter.

If you wish to discuss or promote Croat in the press or online, please find our press kit ready for this use at http://croat.cat.

Important Links

Official website: http://croat.cat
Facebook page
Twitter
Official press release
Croat and Croat Core client source code on GitHub

Now, that Croat is launched, we need your help!

• Most importantly, join the Croat community NOW. Install the Croat client and start mining as soon as possible. The more miners we have, the better and stronger the system is and the sooner Croat will reach tangible value. Also, the sooner you get on board, the more you'll be able to mine, given the very low difficulty at the beginning.
  • Vote for Croat to be accepted in the different exchanges we have applied to (more information on our website). This will help us be able to exchange Croat for real money sooner.
  • Follow us on our social channels and spread the word, either online or among your friends. Croat is a great business opportunity, but not the kind that gives you an advantage if you keep it to yourself! The more we are, the merrier!
  • Ask you favorite stores and shops, especially local ones, to start accepting Croat as a means of payment. The first businesses which start to accept payments with Croat will be acknowledged on our website as early adopters forever!

Everybody gets a chance. It's up to you to not miss it!

Welcome to the Croat Community!

After all the controversy in Spain right now I'm starting to think about mining this. Is there anyway to get a wallet without downloading the entire blockchain?
vietdungvn

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:13:07 PM

What happen ...Diff X2 today and still increase
Marbella_Broker

Activity: 202
Merit: 101

Find out who you are and do it on purpose

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:14:47 PM

Visca Catalunya lliure! Visca el Croat! Em mantindré informat sobre la moneda.

Free Catalonia! Long life Croat! I'll keep an eye on it!

Vaya un flipao! What a douche bag!
greentekel

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:18:53 PM

New miners, probably the coin attracted lots of interest because of the Catalan news.
epcroat (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 11

CROAT - THE CATALAN ALTCOIN: https://croat.cat

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 06:36:27 PM

so on 2 of the 6 farms.

Thank you for your feedback regarding this issue.

CROATCore only saves recently used wallets if the user properly exits the application [i.e., uses the close button and waits for the application to completely shut down which may take up to a minute].

Once the application is shutdown correctly, it saves the recently used wallets in a file called: "recentw.cro".

If, for some reason, the folder where CROATCore attempts to save the file becomes read-only, the app will be unable to save the file thus no recently used wallets would be visible once CROATCore would be restarted.

Also, if for any reason, the file is removed from that folder, CROATCore would be unable to load the recently used wallets.

As such, on the machines where you are not seeing your recently used wallets, could you please let us know if the file called "recentw.cro" exists ?

In Windows, the file is saved in the same folder as your application.

The same explanation applies for pool settings as well which are saved in a file called "pref.cro".

In conclusion, it would be interesting to find out if these files exist in your application folder, first. Again, these files are generated only when CROATCore is properly shut down.

Regarding the wait for synchronizing with the daemon, what version of the app are you using ?

Indeed, current version do not allow wallet operations and/or mining until the CROATCore is fully synchronized with the network. However, the latest version should minimize in-app daemon synchronization waits.

Sometimes new data arrives and CROATCore makes sure that its daemon is synchronized with the network before allowing operations and that is why you are seeing the synchronization with daemon message; no need to reinstall the application, this is expected behavior at this point in time.

You may also see this error message if you initially enter an incorrect password and after entering the right one, you may have to wait for a while until everything is synched again.

We are planning on soon releasing a new version which will allow you to start mining right away without having to wait for network synch.

Thanks again for your feedback.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you about the "recentw.cro" and "pref.cro" files [whether they exist in the app folder on the machines where you do not see your recently used wallets and pool settings].

ridd

Activity: 346

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:11:15 PM

Sure, today we had 1.5 MH/s boom!!

CROAT :: CROAT Desktop Wallet  :: GitHub :: BITCOINTALK ENG · ESP · CAT :: STEX BTC  BISQ BTC
epcroat (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 07:25:13 PM

The developers of Pool 5 (international) have told us that it is now up and running. They've finished all the tests and everything works well. So it's no longer "under construction".

You can find all the pools here: http://croat.cat/en/home/#eco

Pool 5 is this one: http://croat.pools.e-scavo.net.ar/croat_site/

flyingpigs1911

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:58:10 PM

@epcroat
There is a copycat coin, called CatalunyaCoin. CatalunyaCoin  has no website, no wallet,no app. CatalunyaCoin looks like a shit coin. No wait, it is a shit coin.

QlooQl

Activity: 322
Merit: 122

Hello World!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:03:58 PM

You know a lot of people discussing this coin fail to see how one day something like the Catalan Coin might catch on and change the world forever. Imagine if the State of Texas decided to succeed and preemptively started using an altcoin instead of the USD! The entire state just stopped paying taxes and instead just traded its own cryptocurrency. The US government would have to crack down and say they aren't allowed to use any currency but the USD. Suddenly a crypto is a real threat. Then the fun begins! 

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
bitnod

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 01:20:10 AM

You know a lot of people discussing this coin fail to see how one day something like the Catalan Coin might catch on and change the world forever. Imagine if the State of Texas decided to succeed and preemptively started using an altcoin instead of the USD! The entire state just stopped paying taxes and instead just traded its own cryptocurrency. The US government would have to crack down and say they aren't allowed to use any currency but the USD. Suddenly a crypto is a real threat. Then the fun begins! 

IMF Head Foresees the End of Banking and the Triumph of Cryptocurrency...
read ^^ https://twitter.com/bitnod/status/914730599931359232
mf2016

Activity: 64

Making BlockChain

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:01:49 AM

if anyone need change 100000 CROAT to 1 ETH , PM
odubo

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:52:26 AM

Thank you for your feedback regarding this issue.
CROATCore only saves recently used wallets if the user properly exits the application [i.e., uses the close button and waits for the application to completely shut down which may take up to a minute].
Once the application is shutdown correctly, it saves the recently used wallets in a file called: "recentw.cro".
If, for some reason, the folder where CROATCore attempts to save the file becomes read-only, the app will be unable to save the file thus no recently used wallets would be visible once CROATCore would be restarted.
Also, if for any reason, the file is removed from that folder, CROATCore would be unable to load the recently used wallets.
As such, on the machines where you are not seeing your recently used wallets, could you please let us know if the file called "recentw.cro" exists ?
In Windows, the file is saved in the same folder as your application.
The same explanation applies for pool settings as well which are saved in a file called "pref.cro".
In conclusion, it would be interesting to find out if these files exist in your application folder, first. Again, these files are generated only when CROATCore is properly shut down.
Regarding the wait for synchronizing with the daemon, what version of the app are you using ?
Indeed, current version do not allow wallet operations and/or mining until the CROATCore is fully synchronized with the network. However, the latest version should minimize in-app daemon synchronization waits.
Sometimes new data arrives and CROATCore makes sure that its daemon is synchronized with the network before allowing operations and that is why you are seeing the synchronization with daemon message; no need to reinstall the application, this is expected behavior at this point in time.
You may also see this error message if you initially enter an incorrect password and after entering the right one, you may have to wait for a while until everything is synched again.
We are planning on soon releasing a new version which will allow you to start mining right away without having to wait for network synch.
Thanks again for your feedback.
We are looking forward to hearing back from you about the "recentw.cro" and "pref.cro" files [whether they exist in the app folder on the machines where you do not see your recently used wallets and pool settings].

I checked, there is this file in the program folder - recentw.cro

I think it is worthwhile to think about the intermediate preservation of this file, because sometimes the farm hangs and leaves in the blue screen! then it reboots, it turns out that the program was not saved properly and the pool data was not saved.
you can configure the saving of the file once per hour or at a different interval, you can save after clicking on start mining.

what happened to the difficulty in the last 2 days? every day it increases by 2 times, and the amount of coins mined falls 2 times.

I noticed that if you run each farm on a separate wallet, and not all on 1, then the income is higher.
vietdungvn

Activity: 102

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:00:54 AM

if anyone need change 100000 CROAT to 1 ETH , PM
You need ETH or Croat ?
vikingbill

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:33:05 AM

looking to buy 500000 Croat for .35 BTC. PM
mf2016

Activity: 64

Making BlockChain

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:55:45 AM

like to buy 100000 CROAT
tirailleur

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:57:50 AM

another coin without any purpose except hype. No, thanks
Ueland

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:58:59 AM

Impressive to watch the difficulty rise that quickly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: