Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:10:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin Cash have a chance at overtaking Bitcoin?  (Read 2590 times)
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:56:20 PM

No, BCH is a Roger Ver scam. Look at the blockchain Tx volume and LOL. They will now need small block size. Cheesy

What are you talking about? Even 8MB blocks got full in the BCH blockchain. And if a system is capable of handling high volumes, its peak capacity should be high. 8MB blocks achieve that.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:15:05 PM

Although the majority now hold the opinion that the altcoyins are now much stronger, depend little on the bitcoin course, however, it is unlikely that they will be able to bypass bitcoin. In any case, in the near future. For bitcoin is not only a good team, but also the authority of the leader of the crypto currency, significant support of the community. Altkoinam in this regard should really try hard.
i think yes, although anything can happen, but too me i think that bitcoin is still the strongest currency all the crypto world , in fact it has as strong support from the community as they have fully trust on bitcoin and therefore they are still investing money in bitcoin. therefore i cannot see any single altcoin which can overcome bitcoin.
8rch7

Activity: 1372
Merit: 465

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:24:23 PM

There is no altcoin does stand a chance against btc, not before, not now, not in the future. Btc is more matured, trusted by many, well known, being used for how many years and the father of all coin. How many altcoin has been made and tried to overtake btc, a lot but they never had a chance to come close on where is btc now, on what btc has achieved.

I agree, bitcoin is the best and will always be. As far as I know, only one coin, Zcash initially was above BTC in price but that lasted only couple of days, right now Zcash is 0.059 BTC.

I think Bitcoin Cash will end up at 0.1 BTC and will stay at around that price in the future.

I am also remember Zcash that have high price above BTC ( about more 20BTC, right? ), but its not stable.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
enzeperix

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:57:46 PM

I think there are good chances that a significant portion of Bitcoin network hashpower will go to Bitcoin Cash network. Right now it is much more profitable to mine BCH, but if this trend continues the difficulti on BCH will increase and the miners will have to decide which way to go and most of them will definately choose BTC so in the long term i don't think it poses a threat.
Another aspect would be the 8Mb blocks. I may be wrong, but it is not so easy right now to propagate a 8MB block which is full with 8 MB of transactions . I think it would take few seconds to propagate from a peer to another with average internet connection. Not all the people have 100 Mbps link not to mention 1Gbps.
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:12:30 AM

We can't tell since bitcoin cash is not a month old yet. Even in its early stage, it has a potential get near to bitcoin and passed the price of ethereum that started in 2015 while this forked product bitcoin cash just started in august 2017. I can't see that there is a chance overtaking bitcoin. The pioneer of digital currency will be the only one king and it is bitcoin.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:27:45 AM

Bitcoin Cash over taking bitcoin is not the issue we should worry about as the splitting coin has potential to realize there potential. We must not allow the split to deter us what bitcoin core stand for! Bitcoin core still remain the only decentralized cryptocurrency not like others coins we are see today that we know people that are behind them and most of them are they to enrich their pockets. Therefore we should not worried about the potential of bitcoin core.
-security-

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:31:08 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2018, 08:29:47 AM by -security-

Price is important?
In such case 42 coin is one of the best if not the best at over $8000 a piece.

just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:35:47 AM

There is no altcoin does stand a chance against btc, not before, not now, not in the future. Btc is more matured, trusted by many, well known, being used for how many years and the father of all coin. How many altcoin has been made and tried to overtake btc, a lot but they never had a chance to come close on where is btc now, on what btc has achieved.

I agree, bitcoin is the best and will always be. As far as I know, only one coin, Zcash initially was above BTC in price but that lasted only couple of days, right now Zcash is 0.059 BTC.

I think Bitcoin Cash will end up at 0.1 BTC and will stay at around that price in the future.

I am also remember Zcash that have high price above BTC ( about more 20BTC, right? ), but its not stable.

No, it was never 20 BTC. Zcash was 6 BTC max at the very beginning in Oct 29 2016 and the price lasted only several hours. Then in two weeks it went down to 0.21 and right now it's 0.055 BTC.

I think for those who have Bitcoin Cash it is the right time to sell it because 0.156 is a pretty high price for this coin.
MinMan

Activity: 608
Merit: 154

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:13:00 PM

Anybody else getting worried that this may be a possibility?  Huh
I doubt if it does though, but over the past few days bitcoin cash has been rising while the price of bitcoin seems to be stagnant or falling, and I am starting to think if bitcoin cash can overtake or overprower bitcoin.
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:23:34 PM

Anybody else getting worried that this may be a possibility?  Huh
I doubt if it does though, but over the past few days bitcoin cash has been rising while the price of bitcoin seems to be stagnant or falling, and I am starting to think if bitcoin cash can overtake or overprower bitcoin.
The fluctuation in the market is always present though bitcoin cash lately is keep rising. There is a possibility to overtake if most users will support bitcoin cash than btc.
guclu

Activity: 260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 03:41:46 PM

It does not make sense actually. When everybody is so full of btc storgae somehow, at least everybody that own bcc through btc they held, why would they try to increase the value of a lower price coin when there is a well working one right now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: