Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:52:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do u agree that Bitcoin will go to 500,000$ in 2020 by john Macafee claim ?  (Read 4452 times)
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:56:45 AM

John macafee tweeted last month that bitcoin will hit 500,000$ in next 2 to 3 years whats your opinion about that? are u seeing this or not??
i don't think bitcoin can reach $500k, cuz 10 Trillion market cap is a lot! maybe will hit $50k, the only info that i know now is bitcoin will
reach $13k in Feb/Mars 2018  Wink

I agree that $500,000 seems way too high at least for 20 years or so. There will most likely be gains but probably a more gradual increase with some corrections along the way.

There needs to be more adoption by businesses and big investors before the price will really take off. That's going to take years and will be very gradual.

Spot on.

Mcafee is completely right to be bullish about bitcoin, in fact i think he is one of the only big names outside of crypto that supports the growth of bitcoin publicly, and is willing to take a bet on it.

However 500k is just way too big of a number to achieve in 3 years. It could happen but i do think that he is being a bit overconfident with his predictions. It's probably not going to climb all the way up, but rather in stages and gradually, with a lot of corrections that can't be avoided.

But still, prove me wrong Mr. McAfee. It it does climb to 500k then i'd be more than happy since i do hold btc as well.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:17:03 AM

i think its too soon to reach $500,000 in 2020 because we know bitcoin price is too volatile especially for now we have bch that trying to increase like bitcoin. we need to break much higher price before we can reach that price and its need more time before we can go to that price. but i am sure that many people including me that agree if bitcoin price will reach that price.

Exactly. He isn't even considering how hard it is for us to move up by $1000, and he's already thinking about $500k. I mean it's good to talk about the long term but 2020(3 years time) isn't exactly long term.

I hate to say it but, i don't think that this is likely to happen at all. The price has risen a lot and in between halvings there is usually reduced economic activity within the bitcoin ecosystem. $500k per bitcoin would be a whopping 8 trillion dollar market cap. Something that i think we'll achieve in a few decades time when btc goes mainstream but definitely not now.

I think that we'll all be entertained by him giving himself a nice BJ on national television, though. We'd all be entertained by that.

Smiley
SirLoot

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:32:55 AM

I think it might reach $50,000 at some point in the next 5-10 years. But no, $500,000 is insane in my opinion.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:54:33 PM

Let's march for $5000 at first, then we could start thinking for a 100x over it but not possible in the next 3 years because it takes a lot of volume as well as fiat in order to move the markets towards where we want it to be. $500k is not crazy but the bet that the guy made was, absolutely. We should be prepared for newer ATHs that are going to be seen but should really not expect such extreme volatility in the markets which could drive it away to the said point.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:46:25 PM

I didn't know John MacAfee married a hooker who appears to be even more out of it than he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxuxNFtsrCU

Good luck to the pair of them anyway. I truly wonder where his life will head next.
Skol600ml

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:53:37 PM

With a fee of BTC0.002  Roll Eyes

Amazing future for Bitcoin  Wink
Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:10:22 AM

No way, 2020 is two and a half years away. I don't know what should happened so that bitcoin can raise in value so much. I have to agree, it is my opinion too, that we could easily see bitcoin price at 10 000$ in that time. 500 000 sounds to abstract, to beautiful for everyone that saves bitcoin and I know that it's just to good to be true.
jimn

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:53:41 AM

No , i don't think so because this date is close and the current price is just a little above 4000$ so in just 2 years and half i can't imagine that the price will highly rise to reach $500k, it is almost impossible.

████████████████
                           ████████████████████████
                    ████████                      ██████
                   █████                █████       ███████
               █████                 █████████            ███
            ████   █████   ██████████████████████           ████
           ████   █████████████████████████████████          ████
         ███      ███████████         █████████████████         ████
         ██       ███████████        ██████████     ████████████  ███
       ███        ████████████████████       ██       ██████████   ███
      ████      █████████       ██████       ████     ███████████   ██
     ████     ████    ██     ███     ██████████████████████████     ███
     ██       ████   ███     ████    ██████    ███    █████████      ███
   ███      ████     ████████████████████████  ███      ████████      ███
   ███   ███████████████     ███████████████████████   ███   ███      ███
  ████ █████████████   ██   ██████████████████ ███████████   ████     ████
  ████ ███████████     ███████████        ████████    ████   ████       ██
  ████ ███████████     █████ ████          ███████    █████  ████       ██
  ████   ██████████  ████████████          ████████████   ██████████    ██
  ████    █████   ██████   ██████          ████  █████    ███████████   ██
  ████     ████    █████   ███████       █████████████     ██████████ ████
   ███     ████    ██████████ ███████████████████  ███    ███████████ ████
   ███      ████   ██    ██████████████████  ██    ████████████████   ███
   ████     █████████    ████████████████████████ ██████    █████     ███
     ██     █████████      ██    ████████ ████████████     ████      ███
      ███   ████████████████████████████  ████     ███    ███       ██
      ████  ██████████████████████   ████████      ███ █████       ███
       ████ ███████████      ███      █████████████████████      ████
         ███████████████     ████    █████   ██████████████      ███
          ████         ███████████████        ██████████████   ████
           ████         ████████████████     ██████████████  ████
              █████         ███████████████████       ██  █████
               █████         █████████████              █████
                   ██████       ██████             ███████
                        ██████████████  ████████████
                            ██████████████████████
Gaze Coin

BLOCKCHAIN-VR/AR TOKEN 

=
  [Facebook][Twitter][Telegram]
[Reddit] [Steemit]
drachman

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:12:33 AM

John macafee tweeted last month that bitcoin will hit 500,000$ in next 2 to 3 years whats your opinion about that? are u seeing this or not??

I appreciate his optimism but i don't think it is going to happen.

Honestly, if would shock everyone, even the biggest bitcoin fans if it happened.

He actually made the prediction when the price of bitcoin was steadily rising on a day to day basis, and i think that's what has mostly influenced him to say such an outrageous thing. Obviously, he did not consider that growth will ultimately slow down. There is nothing on this world that can sustain 10% per day gains, without correcting itself in a major way. I see a major correction happening next year, which will slow us down quite a bit.

So sorry Mr. McAfee.
I do not think we are meant to take this prediction literally since there is no way for bitcoin to have that value, I think this is just a declaration of a sentiment, he feels bitcoin is going to be very valuable in the future and in that he is not wrong.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:01:29 AM

I think the chances is near to zero, to reach that high it need so many people to actively used it and when the price is too high people tends to look for another coin to invest, I do hope it can reach untill 500k but I think the best it can reach is 100k when 2020

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:33:00 AM

I do believe that bitcoin will go as high as $500,000 based on what is happening in bitcoin market. I believe that before 2020 bitcoin has gone mainstream and that is what will multiply bitcoin price *20 or even 30*. Macefee prediction may come truth as many people are daily become knowlegable of making money with  bitcoin.
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:39:35 AM

Honestly, if would shock everyone, even the biggest bitcoin fans if it happened.

He actually made the prediction when the price of bitcoin was steadily rising on a day to day basis, and i think that's what has mostly influenced him to say such an outrageous thing. Obviously, he did not consider that growth will ultimately slow down. There is nothing on this world that can sustain 10% per day gains, without correcting itself in a major way. I see a major correction happening next year, which will slow us down quite a bit.

So sorry Mr. McAfee.
I do not think we are meant to take this prediction literally since there is no way for bitcoin to have that value, I think this is just a declaration of a sentiment, he feels bitcoin is going to be very valuable in the future and in that he is not wrong.

He seems to be completely serious about this, even if this was just a publicity stunt i think that he does mean what he say. He isn't just throwing $500k around as an arbitrary number for bitcoin, he is giving that figure as a target AND he is giving a time that this is going to be achieved as well. I doubt that he's merely demonstrating that he is a supporter of bitcoin, as this would be a rather idiotic way to do it.

Usually after the pump(which is now), there is a few years of bearish or sideways movement in the bitcoin market.

His date of 2020 falls on a halving which could potentially bring bitcoin back to the price right now or even above($5k), but $500k is 100 times that figure.
Fatunad

Activity: 2240
Merit: 354

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:02:20 AM

So sorry Mr. McAfee.

He seems to be completely serious about this, even if this was just a publicity stunt i think that he does mean what he say. He isn't just throwing $500k around as an arbitrary number for bitcoin, he is giving that figure as a target AND he is giving a time that this is going to be achieved as well. I doubt that he's merely demonstrating that he is a supporter of bitcoin, as this would be a rather idiotic way to do it.

Usually after the pump(which is now), there is a few years of bearish or sideways movement in the bitcoin market.

His date of 2020 falls on a halving which could potentially bring bitcoin back to the price right now or even above($5k), but $500k is 100 times that figure.
But talking seriously we wont really able to reach out that price range on 2 years time as of now we might see above 5k but talking on $500k its not really possible and i would say his confident and beliefs on bitcoins potential is too high but well its really achievable but i would say it would really takes decades on where also comes to a point on which bitcoins is already being max adopted worldwide.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:24:52 AM

I think the chances is near to zero, to reach that high it need so many people to actively used it and when the price is too high people tends to look for another coin to invest, I do hope it can reach untill 500k but I think the best it can reach is 100k when 2020
until the time is not done yet zero chances can be change too, bitcoin already surprises most of us guys and if ever a big big billionaires invested money
and try to hold every bitcoin that he can have maybe that will be the time that bitcoin price will go there since its controlled by little numbers of players.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:44:13 AM

I do believe that bitcoin will go as high as $500,000 based on what is happening in bitcoin market. I believe that before 2020 bitcoin has gone mainstream and that is what will multiply bitcoin price *20 or even 30*. Macefee prediction may come truth as many people are daily become knowlegable of making money with  bitcoin.

Even if it goes mainstream i don't think $500000 is a realistic figure to look at right now.

I'm not sure whether McAfee was high when he said this or he just genuinely believed in bitcoin. If he genuinely believed in bitcoin then great, i have nothing against that. However he should really consider what he says before he actually says it to millions of people publicly. He is making bitcoin sound like some sort of magical investment fund that pays off everyone who invests in it, which isn't exactly what bitcoin is.

Anyways, $500k is way more than 20x the price. It is more like 120x the price, which means that mass adoption HAS to happen before this sort of price level can happen. So either a) hyperinflation happens, 500k is worthless anyways or b) everyone decides to use bitcoin in 3 years time, or at least the majority of people on earth, which is highly unlikely.
drachman

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:04:43 AM

So sorry Mr. McAfee.

If that is the case then I do not know what to say since it is impossible we are going to reach that price in that time frame, I’m not even sure we could see that price in the next century.
onrise

Activity: 1512
Merit: 316

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:51:00 AM

I think it might reach $50,000 at some point in the next 5-10 years. But no, $500,000 is insane in my opinion.

Well yes given the long term horizon of 5 years I see btc may be somewhere above 25000$ or so. But in couple of year 500000$ is weird considering the altcoins coming in market are also started to capture a bit of market. And the pace at which technology is changing in next 5-10 years there would be something new and better than btc may come up which will eat away btc market if people like that thing more. So price may drop at that time.

But if it reaches this mark by 2020 everybody who owns it will be super happy .

███████████████████████████
████████▀         ▀████████
███████             ███████
███████             ███████
██████▀             ▀██████
█████▄         ▄██▄  ▄█████
██████████▀▀███████████████
████▀▄██▀    ▀ ▀██▀██▄▀████
████  ▀             ▀  ████
█████▄▄    ▄███▄    ▄▄█████
CHIPS!
▄▄▀▀▀█████████▄▄
██▄███████████████
█▄████████████████
██████████████████
▄█▀▀▀██████████████▄
█▄▄██████████████████
▀████▀██████▀ ▄▀█▀
██ ▀▀███▀ ▄▀▄██
███
████████▀▄█████
▄███████████████▄
▀████████████████▀
▀██████ ████▀▀

▄▄██████ ███ ██████▄▄
$100,000       
EVENT
!
The Ultimate Crypto Casino
9 CRYPTOCURRENCIES
   ▄█████████████▄     ▄▄▄
  █████████████████   █████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▀
▄███████████████████▄   ▄
███▀             ▀███   █
███ ▐██▌ ███ ▐██▌ ███   █
███ ▐██▌ ███ ▐██▌ ███ ▀▀▀
███▄             ▄███
▀███████████████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████████▀▀▀███
  ███████████▄▄▄███
  ▀███████████████▀

▄███████████▄
██  █████████
██  █████████
█████▀ ▀█████ █████▄
████ ▄█▄ ████ ██████
████ ▀█▀ ████ ██████
█████▄ ▄█████ ██████
█████████  ██ ██████
█████████  ██ ██████
▀███████████▀ ██████
       ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
       █████████████
       ▀███████████▀

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:19:33 AM

until the time is not done yet zero chances can be change too, bitcoin already surprises most of us guys and if ever a big big billionaires invested money
and try to hold every bitcoin that he can have maybe that will be the time that bitcoin price will go there since its controlled by little numbers of players.
Can't deny it completely. Everything happens with regards to the growth in the users as well the market acceptance. Bitcoin is a surprise to the people who are into it. Everyone were just speculating about $2500, but in unexpected time the price pumping took place in multiples of $10000and reached the current price in a short time period. Hope the same can happen in the future years too.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:17:51 AM

Not yet, we are going to tank.. and hard.. but we are going to the moon..  Make sure you are ready for the rough ride.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:53:49 AM

Not yet, we are going to tank.. and hard.. but we are going to the moon..  Make sure you are ready for the rough ride.

So short it. Or are you not THAT sure?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: