Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:49:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: stuff heard at bitcoin2013  (Read 6704 times)
tiananmenqian

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:49:00 AM

I remember yinfu April 15 began to say SMT formed after two weeks
May 1 , said SMT already in place
Now that the SMT one week
I despair
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:56:37 AM

Being that using bitcoins is actually illegal in china, its a valid concern.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:01:28 AM

Any idea if Mark Karples was there?
No Mark is not here. But I think Jed is.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:00:39 AM

Proof?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:04:04 AM

I was also there at the conference.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that Yifu stated they can produce about 50 Avalons a day once their new line is running and calibrated.
minternj

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:05:58 AM

Proof?

it's been discussed on other parts of the forum. Also easily searchable on the internet.

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2009/06/29/china-cracks-down-on-virtual-currency-for-real/

I don't think its enforced much. But hey its china who knows what they can do overnight. People forget its not a democracy.

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:17:16 AM

from josh: BFL mini rigs will probably be split into 3 units of 500GH/s. They will start sell 500GH/s units...maybe in the next 2 weeks. Power consumption of the 500GH/s units are currently ~3kW. Trying to get near 1.5kW.s

I'm guessing no indications on when they may have these 500GH/s ready for shipping?  I know he said they would start to "sell" them in maybe 2 weeks, but I think everyone would like to know when they would actually be able to ship them.

Probably means they will start pre-orders on their web site. Don't hold your breath, they are going to have a lot of problems getting the power consumption down, they will have to underclock and use more chips etc. which means board redesigns and delays.

The best thing BFL can do to save face is just pump out what they can, like thousands of 5GH/s units and anything else they can build. Apologise to the other orders like mini rig, and get on with fixing it, even if it means getting new wafers designed at a smaller fab size.

reedlaw

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:18:58 AM

Proof?

it's been discussed on other parts of the forum. Also easily searchable on the internet.

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2009/06/29/china-cracks-down-on-virtual-currency-for-real/

I don't think its enforced much. But hey its china who knows what they can do overnight. People forget its not a democracy.

https://www.btcchina.com/ still seems to be in operation.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:20:46 AM

Update:

It does sound like batches 2+3 will be coming shortly. Their SMT machine was held in customs between japan and china, so that explains why they were delayed there.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that Yifu stated they can produce about 50 Avalons a day once their new line is running and calibrated.

Seems strange that they imported their own SMT machine especially & then announce there will be no batch 4. Or maybe they already have the SMT lined up for sale after batch 3 is finished.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:22:02 AM

Update:

It does sound like batches 2+3 will be coming shortly. Their SMT machine was held in customs between japan and china, so that explains why they were delayed there.

Seems strange that they imported their own SMT machine especially & then announce there will be no batch 4. Or maybe they already have the SMT lined up for sale after batch 3 is finished.
Do they make the boards for ASICMINER?
minternj

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:22:45 AM

Proof?

https://www.btcchina.com/ still seems to be in operation.

Yep, not really enforced. But hey if they wanted to make example out of someone.. i can see why they are trying to be secretive.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:26:45 AM

They are dealing with potential security issues in china. e.g. ngzhang  doesn't drive his own car anymore, doesn't use his old cellphone, doesn't live where he used to...

They have physically secured the transportation route between them and the shipper in hopes of preventing damaged avalons (said 6-7 Avalons had  broken corners or damage).
I'm guessing he's thought of this before, and it seems unlikely I'll get a straight answer by asking him online.... but what's holding him back from moving?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:32:24 AM

... maybe in the next 2 weeks ...

LOL! Josh should get this copyrighted. He uses it so often it's not funny any more.

"maybe in the next 2 weeks" synonymous for "I have no clue" (synonymous for "can I have a quarter please?")

It was good to hear from Yifu with my own ears. The guy is a good guy. Given he has been able to produce and ship a size able amount of ASICs in a much shorter time than any other vendor it is hard not to respect the man.

BFL otoh in my view just did more dog and pony showing at this conference. Their name was not even listed on the map of booths. BitPay's name was only listed down as the booth owner/operator.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:48:57 AM

If gen2 avalon comes before BFL ships they're toast.

Well my best guess is that they will have the Next Gen announcement some time in late June.

Then we will see those chips in circulation one way or another by November.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:08:13 AM

Update:

Do they make the boards for ASICMINER?

I'd thought they were independent of each other?  but I really have no idea..
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:11:16 AM

I guarantee batch #4  for Avalon is coming guys.  If Yifu wants better ASICs, he should msg me....I can get them on 22nm packaging.  All i ask in return is a few Avalon's or a share of the pie Smiley.   

I also have a question of my own.   What is happening to our Icarus Trade-Ins?   I sent one and have not heard anything.   Did Mr. Yifu say anything about the status of Icarus / Lancelot batch #2 trade-ins?
monkee

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:27:25 AM

Proof?
But hey its china who knows what they can do overnight. People forget its not a democracy.

yeah, because nothing like that would ever happen in a democracy
kaerf (OP)

Activity: 631

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:03:39 AM

Update:

I thought that too. However, they need the machine to make batch 2 and 3. The reason they are buying their own equipment is to cut out the middle man. The only way that they were able to (sort of) meet their batch #1 timelines was to circumvent the traditional manufacturing process. They bought their own CNC machine because it would have taken two weeks to go the traditional route of putting their order in a queue. Having their own SMT machine should allow them to cut a bunch of time out of the manufacturing process.

Also, even if they are not making batch #4 gen 1 machines doesn't mean they will not make gen 2 machines...yifu did not commit to making gen 2 machines.
minternj

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:25:08 AM

Proof?
But hey its china who knows what they can do overnight. People forget its not a democracy.

yeah, because nothing like that would ever happen in a democracy

True , i get your gist but we don't have the media and internet completely censored(Yet, lol).

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:51:12 AM

Yes he did. Should be interesting when they get to that point.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: