Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:47:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Devtome: Get Hundreds of Thousands of free Devcoins for writing  (Read 44756 times)
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:53:06 PM

I just got 11DVC, was that the payout from Devtome or something else? Otherwise the shares must be really low this time =P
it's lower but I hope not that low. No, it was the test transaction to check wallet addresses.

its bot even fummy to me no one was even paid! and u still puff DVC !~ i expect something for schooling all yall

I cannot decipher this post. I think you're saying nobody got paid? Well, payments are still coming. This was merely a test transaction, but judging by your post your English skills don't seem all too great, and I assume you won't read half of this post. Infact, the only words you'll read is "nobody got paid".
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:07:47 PM

I cannot decipher this post. I think you're saying nobody got paid? Well, payments are still coming. This was merely a test transaction, but judging by your post your English skills don't seem all too great, and I assume you won't read half of this post. Infact, the only words you'll read is "nobody got paid".

Owsley is an anti-DVC troll who's been quite active recently...would recommend ignoring him.
owsleybeatsbigcartel

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 07:17:07 PM

I just got 11DVC, was that the payout from Devtome or something else? Otherwise the shares must be really low this time =P
it's lower but I hope not that low. No, it was the test transaction to check wallet addresses.

its bot even fummy to me no one was even paid! and u still puff DVC !~ i expect something for schooling all yall

all inside job~ show me one valid BTC address (has a balance) in that list it's all all shaggy and crew pump fibbers
jaywaka2713

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:42:45 PM

For those who aren't already aware, the new, final, main Devcoin thread is now here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.new#new

It will be a self-moderated thread by the Aegis account to delete spammers and keep it clean.

Boelens

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:25:53 PM

Is there anywhere we can see how much shares are?
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 03:49:46 PM

You just do the math. 180,000,000/(total shares)= the value of each share.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
Boelens

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:13:36 PM

Yeah, but how many total shares are there this round?
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 04:15:23 PM

Yeah, but how many total shares are there this round?

Idk the exact number, but it's over 1,000. Since over 1,000,000 words were written this round.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 04:17:21 PM

BTW, soon I will start publishing the things that are on Devtome in book (in the next 3 months). And there will be a Devtome library for sale somewhere online. Or you can buy individual volumes.

There will also be a 2nd edition, 3rd edtion, etc as Devtome is edited and extended.

weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:26:21 PM

BTW, soon I will start publishing the things that are on Devtome in book (in the next 3 months). And there will be a Devtome library for sale somewhere online. Or you can buy individual volumes.

There will also be a 2nd edition, 3rd edtion, etc as Devtome is edited and extended.
It's open-source
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 04:28:53 PM

It's open-source

That doesn't mean publication is free. And the money will go into making it easier for everyone to publish things (for free if we can earn enough, and the Devtome stuff will automatically be published free of charge to the author). So it doesn't go against the open source idea.

weisoq

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:32:25 PM

It's open-source

That doesn't mean publication is free. And the money will go into making it easier for everyone to publish things (for free if we can earn enough, and the Devtome stuff will automatically be published free of charge to the author). So it doesn't go against the open source idea.
You need to look more into the publishing process, including the revenue cost/benefit of publishing open-source material.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 04:37:16 PM

It's open-source

You need to look more into the publishing process, including the revenue cost/benefit of publishing open-source material.

I know how publishing works, I've been watching my dad do it since I was born, since he was a half owner of "Legend Printing", then "UrNameOnIt" in Texas. There was even a guy that lived with us and used his machines for counterfeiting when I was a baby.

Look up "Innis Free", that's a book my dad published that I've read over and over since like 2nd grade.
And I even worked for him in Highschool, I know how to do this stuff.

weisoq

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:39:27 PM

It's open-source

I know how publishing works, I've been watching my dad do it since I was born, since he was a half owner of "Legend Printing", then "UrNameOnIt" in Texas. There was even a guy that lived with us and used his machines for counterfeiting when I was a baby.

Look up "Innis Free", that's a book my dad published that I've read over and over since like 2nd grade.
I'm not disputing that Fin, and you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying that just because something is doable doesn't necessarily mean it's worth doing.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 04:43:16 PM

It's open-source

I'm not disputing that Fin, and you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying that just because something is doable doesn't necessarily mean it's worth doing.

Well, I think it's worth doing. I know that it won't be purchased by too many people, since it is available for free online. But one day there may be people that want to read through the old version of Devtome, whenever it's got 1,000 publishers.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 04:47:29 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=235066.0

JahPowerBit

Activity: 335
Merit: 255

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:02:20 PM

Is it possible to receive devcoins for translations into French, for example?
weisoq

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:01:40 AM

Is it possible to receive devcoins for translations into French, for example?
Not yet, primarily I think because there aren't enough people to be able to vet/edit any writings not in english. You can offer to translate from french to english, if anybody is interested in taking you up on it:  http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_translators
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:19:32 AM

looks like you'll need at least 10 shares to get 1 BTC. That would be 10,000 words for $100. It's still profitable but not nearly what it was.

If you write 80,000 words you'll get something like 8 BTC.
Boelens

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:21:06 AM

looks like you'll need at least 10 shares to get 1 BTC. That would be 10,000 words for $100. It's still profitable but not nearly what it was.

If you write 80,000 words you'll get something like 8 BTC.

0.1BTC for something that I didn't spend all too long on? Not bad, not bad. Definately not as profitable anymore, but still a profit, and I'm a quick typer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: