Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:53:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Devtome: Get Hundreds of Thousands of free Devcoins for writing  (Read 44756 times)
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:18:18 PM

Oh that's right, you're in to personalizing everything. Ok, then sure, this is about YOU. You're a jackass and your constant whining and bitching and trying to appear intelligent makes most of us laugh to ourselves. Of course those of us who take the time to converse with you are all against you! Jeesh man, thicken up a bit.

DVC's value is DOWN because there's no REAL incentive for it to rise. The coin's sheer numbers and ease of collection make it nearly worthless to anyone who'd consider it an "investment." DVC is a brilliant idea, but no amount of stoners and 4-Loko drinking skanks making Youtube videos is going to ever increase its value to the point you can get another Xbox. Face that fact and stop making all these worthless threads.

lol
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 11:18:09 PM

Well maybe we can get some developers to ask to be paid in DeVCoins instead of whatever crapcoin someone wants them to work on when they whore themselves out to work on some crapcoin of the day, or something. So people will have to buy DeVCoins to hire developers...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 11:19:08 PM

Well maybe we can get some developers to ask to be paid in DeVCoins instead of whatever crapcoin someone wants them to work on when they whore themselves out to work on some crapcoin of the day, or something. So people will have to buy DeVCoins to hire developers...

-MarkM-

That would be cool.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 11:23:18 PM

And just for the record, a coin having a low value isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially with Devcoin.

Devcoin gives out free coins every round, which means there is a rather high chance of dumping a coin.
Sure, dumping a coin looks bad in the short run.

But if you watch bitcoin, you learn something. When coins are cheaper, more people buy them. When more people buy a coin, the price will go up. Before I fell off the face of the internet, I was telling people they could buy Devcoins for 20/1 penny. Now you can buy like 30-40 for one penny.

All this is doing, is making it easier for new comers to buy more coins. And, the coins are passing into the hands of more caring individuals, instead of just being in the wallet of someone who will dump them.

smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:27:16 PM

And just for the record, a coin having a low value isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially with Devcoin.

Devcoin gives out free coins every round, which means there is a rather high chance of dumping a coin.

But if you watch bitcoin, you learn something. When coins are cheaper, more people buy them. When more people buy a coin, the price will go up. Before I fell off the face of the internet, I was telling people they could buy Devcoins for 20/1 penny. Now you can buy like 30-40 for one penny.

All this is doing, is making it easier for new comers to buy more coins. And, the coins are passing into the hands of more caring individuals, instead of just being in the wallet of someone who will dump them.

I think devtome needs a better screening process, because some writers just write to get coins, dump, and never come back.
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:28:11 PM

I think devtome needs a better screening process, because some writers just write to get coins, dump, and never come back.

Also maybe a "share per fifty lines of code" implementation to devtome.  (Maybe devcoincode.com or something)
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 11:36:29 PM

That could help, but I don't think they have enough authors to turn away anything but spam yet.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 11:37:21 PM

Also maybe a "share per fifty lines of code" implementation to devtome.  (Maybe devcoincode.com or something)

Devtome is meant for stuff like that. As long as the code is not owned anywhere (and it's not fake), you can get paid for posting it.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:12:01 AM

Also maybe a "share per fifty lines of code" implementation to devtome.  (Maybe devcoincode.com or something)

Well as of right now not much incentive to hold right? That is the point of devtome, but you need a marketplace so you can buy things with your devcoins to avoid exchange back to btc or fiat etc. This is what will be the success case for devcoin, it needs to be set up and then be used... like ftc or i think dgc set up right when they created it, however not sure how much they are used.

Im pretty sure if devcoin had a marketplace then it would be used more because you can earn devcoins by development work. I think there is a way bigger market for people to develop/write/sing/earn than to mine/earn and then purchase goods. If you get the word out to random people who are in the development community im sure a good amount of people will come, and then realize they can actually buy things... the price of things sold will be pretty much on level with things in other currencies like usd but the beautiful thing is you have all of the things about crypto's working for you so you have incentive to hold the coin instead of exchanging it.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 12:16:34 AM

Maybe we should check how many devcoins are at the writer's receiving address, and limit the amount of writing we will pay for accordingly.

So if someone wants to dump 80k of words, they would need as many devcoins already hoarded as they would gain if they got paid for all 80 of those kilowords...

That could filter out the people who just write and dump and never come back, because if they do come back, sorry, you are not a holder of devcoins so don't qualify...

Check the average number of coins they had at that address over the last cycle-period, for example.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 12:20:32 AM

Maybe we should check how many devcoins are at the writer's receiving address, and limit the amount of writing we will pay for accordingly.

So if someone wants to dump 80k of words, they would need as many devcoins already hoarded as they would gain if they got paid for all 80 of those kilowords...

That could filter out the people who just write and dump and never come back, because if they do come back, sorry, you are not a holder of devcoins so don't qualify...

Check the average number of coins they had at that address over the last cycle-period, for example.

-MarkM-

Isn't the point of Devcoin to PAY artists though, not to ask them to hold onto Devcoins.

I personally have no money, and I plan on using most of my Devcoins on silver, then selling that silver for Devcoins. As well as buying new books for Devtome research.

Plus, Christmas is coming up. So I bet we are going to see some dumps soon.

But again, when coins get cheap it lets people that can hold the coins buy them at a better price.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:22:40 AM

-MarkM-

pretty sweet idea! that forces people to buy as many as they earn? I think people would do it! I know if I was struggling for cash and I knew I could double my current stash by just writing I would do it. That would weed out the people abusing the system for sure.

That would mean that person could not mathematically drop the price as they are in 0 sum minus fees  in that case and noone is dumb enough to do that.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 12:24:13 AM

pretty sweet idea! that forces people to buy as many as they earn? I think people would do it! I know if I was struggling for cash and I knew I could double my current stash by just writing I would do it. That would weed out the people abusing the system for sure.

No, it would weed out the people that start off with no cash.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 12:28:41 AM

Why don't you just weed out the people that write and disappear by watching them disappear and buying all their coins for cheap?

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:30:26 AM

-MarkM-

Isn't the point of Devcoin to PAY artists though, not to ask them to hold onto Devcoins.

I personally have no money, and I plan on using most of my Devcoins on silver, then selling that silver for Devcoins. As well as buying new books for Devtome research.

Plus, Christmas is coming up. So I bet we are going to see some dumps soon.

But again, when coins get cheap it lets people that can hold the coins buy them at a better price.

LOL you keep associating cheaper prices as better prices you think that magically there will be people out there that see something we all don't see and gobble up at a cheaper price to achieve some kind of great ROI in a few months?

At some point the cheaper prices look bad on the coin as like I said the market is fwd looking and whatever is happening right now is already baked into the price. It drops as a result of lack of action from the community and to me does not constitute a good day for me to be able to acquire more. At this point I can say its near bottom at 0 satoishi's so not sure how much cheaper you wish for it to get since you don't have any money to buy anyway. I suggest to try to get a part time job and earn som emoney the old fashion way and then use devcoin as a gateway to earn more on the side, but not depend on devcoin for putting food on the table. I don't think we are there yet.

I like MarkM's idea because it weeds out dependant people who drop the price in exchange for devtome article's that we have no idea what their worth is because its all open source and free to view. Yes if you had to pay a small fee to read articles of your interest and that went towards buying devcoins in the market then it would make sense!

I can't see that the current structure makes business sense. Either add incentive for writers to purchase/double up their coins or add a small fee to view articles (our current base does not have sufficient quality and quantity of content to warrant this I believe)... but someday I think we may get there too, because at some point ther ewill be some cool content that people will want to read and ar ewilling to pay through advertising or through viewership fees.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 12:32:28 AM

LOL you keep associating cheaper prices as better prices you think that magically there will be people out there that see something we all don't see and gobble up at a cheaper price to achieve some kind of great ROI in a few months?

At some point the cheaper prices look bad on the coin as like I said the market is fwd looking and whatever is happening right now is already baked into the price. It drops as a result of lack of action from the community and to me does not constitute a good day for me to be able to acquire more. At this point I can say its near bottom at 0 satoishi's so not sure how much cheaper you wish for it to get since you don't have any money to buy anyway. I suggest to try to get a part time job and earn som emoney the old fashion way and then use devcoin as a gateway to earn more on the side, but not depend on devcoin for putting food on the table. I don't think we are there yet.

I like MarkM's idea because it weeds out dependant people who drop the price in exchange for devtome article's that we have no idea what their worth is because its all open source and free to view. Yes if you had to pay a small fee to read articles of your interest and that went towards buying devcoins in the market then it would make sense!

I can't see that the current structure makes business sense. Either add incentive for writers to purchase/double up their coins or add a small fee to view articles (our current base does not have sufficient quality and quantity of content to warrant this I believe)... but someday I think we may get there too, because at some point ther ewill be some cool content that people will want to read and ar ewilling to pay through advertising or through viewership fees.

This is literally like saying "If bitcoin were $5, I wouldn't buy any because obviously they suck". Seriously? Would you not buy any?

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 12:34:53 AM

And I don't have to be looking for magic to see that Devcoins will LAUNCH in value once there are like 5 stores to spend them in, and 2-3 methods to earn them with.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:36:10 AM

-MarkM-

Mark, I think we can extend the idea by saying that you must meet some kind of reserve requirement to be able to earn any more. ie: by saying you need 50% means if you own 5 million devcoins you can earn 5 million devcoins for free by writing quality content.

For those starting out with nothign well not sure what to do about that... I mean you want to bring in talented people but you also don't want it to be a handout and you also want incentive to hold coins so later when there is a marketplace they can contribute to it.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:40:56 AM

This is literally like saying "If bitcoin were $5, I wouldn't buy any because obviously they suck". Seriously? Would you not buy any?

It doesn't make business sense!!! there is no incentive to hold, even if there was a marketplace using the current structure you have no incentive to hold coins as you earn. The price of things will keep dropping because people want to exchange back btc or usd. Devcoins have no limit so that is more of a barrier than it is of help. It only helps if there is mass adoption involved and there is some mechanism to fight deflation pressures by offering that this coin has some inflationary aspects. Mass adoption is out of the question so people will always see this negatively... you need to add incentive for people to hold and trade amongst devcoin's only.

You can always earn devcoins, and you can always cash out but to earn mor eyou have to show that you truely believe in the idea by holding amount of the coins you are earning (or some fraction)!
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 12:49:16 AM

It doesn't make business sense!!! there is no incentive to hold,

I don't care HOW MANY PEOPLE say that this doesn't matter, but Devcoin has been 10$ before. JUST LIKE THE 60,000,000 DVC dump DROPPED the price... If we Unionized, and no one sold DVC for under 1 Penny. And everyone BOUGHT Devcoins that were under a penny when they could, so that they were no longer listed. The price of the coin would INEVITABLY  be one penny.

And that is the power of trading. There are ways for this to happen, even without doing it through direct trade, EX:

When I start a Silver shop, I will be testing the silver and allowing people to view THEIR bar/round of silver tested for purity. Literally they can see the bar in their hand, and compare the serial number to the one in the video.

And this silver will be available for DVC. So people will see that they can buy pure silver with DVC, and they will want DVC or put a higher value on the DVC in their wallet.

Same would happen if ANY OTHER stores started opening.

And AS SOON as these things start happening, Devcoins value goes up. There's your incentive to hold.

HOLDING COINS DOES NOT MAKE THEM WORTH MORE

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: