Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:19:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Token price fall after ICO  (Read 11331 times)
pamsugas

Activity: 1092
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:34:37 AM

ico's virtue now when entering the market the price will drop even down x10
for now to invest ico very high risk
kingasf10

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:52:08 AM

how do we know which crypto coin will fail and fall below its own minimum value set during an ICO? There are some indicators to watch out for:

Product Offering: Look at the product they offer. Is it something that is already being done? Is there a need of that offering?
White Paper: The white paper should have clearly defined goals and timelines.
Hollow Promises: Is the team telling you that thy plan is well founded and strong, but fails to tell you the figures and statistics and is beating about the bush?
Team: The team should comprise of well-known people in the finance and technology department. College boys and people with no past on the internet should raise flags.

topex.io

Activity: 87

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:55:23 AM

All tokens are going through a stage of speculative growth after the ICO, the inevitable fall follows, and only after the team's work on the project and the release of the beta product - the price will rise!
cryptoadobo

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:59:40 AM

The main reason for the dumping of token after ICO is that the bonuses recieved by the investors are big during the ICO phase. When it is release to exchanges there are dumpers who will immediately sell their token and move on to another project.
BeeRoach

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:10:52 AM

Lots of tokens that besides ICO were distributed via airdrops, that's mainly the reason why the price after ICO drops dramatically. People want to claim their free money.
edulord

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:16:01 AM

Yes, there are many of them and I consider them scam or underdeveloped projects that even lack good management but there are also some that the price fall when the get listed but with time, they increased and are still growing in the crypto market. That is why it is good to make very good research about an ico before investing in it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
juragom

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:03:32 PM

I think things like this we often encounter almost in every altcoin that has been on the market at the beginning of the price will rise until it finally dropped and persisted in a long time.Because on ico tokens they can generate by buying it at an early stage and then selling when the price rises.
Financial Freedom 4U

Activity: 98
Merit: 31

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:27:36 PM

most people tend to withdraw their investments and bounty rewards immediately after ICO, but actually, the best thing to do here would have been to trade the coins or wait till they increase in value. Some coins have increased very much within few days or few weeks after ICO. But since no one can predict the future, with tact and an understanding of what the coin offers, we can reduce the chances of our investment going bad.

I made the same observation, especially in the bear market. Bounty hunters are less attached to a project than investors and typically get out once a coin is listed on exchanges. This way they hurt not only the rest of the token holders but mainly themselves. Selling for half the ICO price might be an easy decision if you got the coins for free. But if those people would just wait a few months until the market is bullish again, they would get a multiplier in payouts for the work they did. But in a downturn people are afraid the token dips hard and take no risks.

╔══// PixelCharity //  Stable coin to make charity free for everyone  // Pixel Charity // ══╗
╠═════════ Telegram ─── Bitcointalk ─── Bounty ─── Join Here  ══════╣
╚ Maybe the easiest way to help those in need without spending money! ╝
freebitcoins4u

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:44:29 PM

Have there been any tokens where the trading price on exchanges at the very start fell considerably below the ICO price and has not recovered?
I also noticed that it is better to sell coins or a token immediately because after ICO ends token prices begin to fall and not in all cases they rise again.
NOTORIOUST1

Activity: 93

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:00:56 PM

i think that's true especially in the kind of market we're in at the time almost all 2018 icos are trading below ico price the public sale price that is. and it's true that prices fall after but not because of bounty or airdrop usually it's a small percentage but i think what hurts the price so much is the presales and people who get from 35% to 100% discounts on their assets so even if you see the coin trading below ico price the private presale people are making some decent profits so for me it's a no for a public sale however good the project but i do keep an eye out on good icos so i can catch them at a good more discounted price
Financial Freedom 4U

Activity: 98
Merit: 31

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:38:55 PM

Have there been any tokens where the trading price on exchanges at the very start fell considerably below the ICO price and has not recovered?
I also noticed that it is better to sell coins or a token immediately because after ICO ends token prices begin to fall and not in all cases they rise again.

This was even true in the bull market, after people took profits many projects never reall took off again, this was also the case for projects that were regarded as top notch, such as Raiden or Quantstamp. Both were prestigous projects with a compelling use case and big communities, especially quantstamp. I wonder what it takes to appreciate in prices also after the ICO. Anyone got any ideas?

╔══// PixelCharity //  Stable coin to make charity free for everyone  // Pixel Charity // ══╗
╠═════════ Telegram ─── Bitcointalk ─── Bounty ─── Join Here  ══════╣
╚ Maybe the easiest way to help those in need without spending money! ╝
oseikuf44

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:02:24 PM

Since the beginning of this year, most of the ICOs I invested in has not even traded 80 percent of the price it ended up during the ICO stage. Due to the market down trend, most ICOs are not performing as anticipated.
JackyVanmarsenille

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:38:39 PM

Maybe lots of reasons. ICO is good because its provides to you some extra bonus. But yes most token price fall after ICO and people have to wait, I think its okey dev have to provide their product if they want to see grow.
Dandyhunter

Activity: 910
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:43:35 PM

Most likely, tokens are sold by large holders of this asset. Most likely it is done by large investors. Their goal is to get the maximum profit from the project, rather than support the project.
vovannovig2

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:30:09 AM

Very often after the completion of ICO, the price falls!

https://www.investinblockchain.com/10-most-successful-icos/ - Read about the most successful.
I think it's better to buy recognized projects!
№3 - Spectrecoin XSPEC PoS v3 Wink
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:39:38 AM

Yes, we have seen these falling from many ICO after listing in the exchanges but one thing i can assure the prices will start increasing only when the company starts giving updates and developments about their progress. Almost all coin prices will depend on developments they do what they mentioned in the roadmap.
audyearls

Activity: 215

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:19:22 AM

As far as I know, most of the prices of tokens from an ico will be lower than at ico, but most of these prices will also increase frequently over time if there is a transaction or investing using the coin. but there are also a number of tokens whose prices are actually going down and will go down and finally just become shit coins.
aragom

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:00:24 AM

ico's virtue now when entering the market the price will drop even down x10
for now to invest ico very high risk

in my past experience, i wont buy any coins from ico.
i took 1000 coin 3 months ago, now in markets i can buy 15000 coins to same price.
Neutronbot

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:02:50 AM

If you are going to invest in ICO, then you should know where your risk is. The listing price is lower than the ICO price every day, and you still have to bear the risk of project disappearing!
Questat

Activity: 2842
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:01:25 AM

If you are going to invest in ICO, then you should know where your risk is. The listing price is lower than the ICO price every day, and you still have to bear the risk of project disappearing!
ICO are not supposed to give us instant income or short term income.
Most of the ICOs has not working product, they only apply what is written if they collect a good amount of money.
First you need to trust the team, because if the team is not capable, a project would most likely fail.

Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: