Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:23:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins for the long haul  (Read 747 times)
Bittoshi (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:21:08 AM

Altcoins come and Altcoins go but if you would have to invest in Altcoins for a long time, which coins would you chose?

Assume you want to invest in 5-10 Altcoins now and hold them for 10 years (or even longer). Which Altcoins would you chose and why? Which coins have the biggest potential long term? Which coins will not be disappeared in 10 years from now? Eth? Waves? Iota? Monero? 10 years is a very long time and of course some of our today's picks would probably be replaced with newer coins then. But what would you chose for a shot&forget investment? I mean the coins with highest chances to survive and bring good profits for long term hodling.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
SavvyOli

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:28:33 AM

NEO is really cheap now, possible potential for increase in the long run as China Eth
strimteam

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 07:34:06 AM

Altcoins come and Altcoins go but if you would have to invest in Altcoins for a long time, which coins would you chose?

Assume you want to invest in 5-10 Altcoins now and hold them for 10 years (or even longer). Which Altcoins would you chose and why? Which coins have the biggest potential long term? Which coins will not be disappeared in 10 years from now? Eth? Waves? Iota? Monero? 10 years is a very long time and of course some of our today's picks would probably be replaced with newer coins then. But what would you chose for a shot&forget investment? I mean the coins with highest chances to survive and bring good profits for long term hodling.

You can check out the STRIM Network project - www.strim.me

We've just posted a sneak peek from the upcoming Alpha release in the BTT thread.

BTT thread here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2094129.0

And you can follow us on Twitter - @StrimNetwork
Telegram: https://t.me/StrimNetwork

It is a new project with a great idea and an enthusiastic team.Check it out!
Bittoshi (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:01:33 AM

NEO is really cheap now, possible potential for increase in the long run as China Eth

Saw an review video on youtube yesterday. Some guy said Neo will be the next big deal in some years from now. So they are maybe worth to buy some.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
CryptoBagHolder

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:23:46 AM

WAVES is a good one for the long haul you are looking for!!  Get it now while its still cheap and undervalued!! Grin
Rodriguez91

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:58:54 AM

ETH and NEO are the best options for long term investment
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:01:23 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindy_effect

Litecoin would be the obvious answer here. Longest living coin on the higher end of the marketcap, widespread adoption and active devlopment.
DRogers

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:46:38 AM

If you want to invest long term coin you have to find the coin that has the foundation as well and the tech or good community you and I can introduce you a few coin like ADX, NEO, XRP
CarlOrff

Activity: 826
Merit: 440

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:01:05 AM

My top 5 altcoin for long term investment :
 XZC - Zcoin
 XMR - Monero
 BSD - Bitsend
 MNE - Mineum
 GByte - ByteBall

XZC & XMR because anonimity will be a big attempt for a lot of people in the future.
BSD & GByte because the distribution model is very efficient : it is a guarantée for a long life.
MNE because it is a unique mode of mining coin : limited and well distributed, it can support a lot of unique features.

Bitcoin + privacy respect = BitcoinZ (topic BitcoinZ)
The only decentralized crypto that complements Bitcoin on privacy.
You missed Bitcoin in 2009 ? Do not miss BitcoinZ in 2018 !
billyj111

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:04:21 AM

I think my list would hit: Waves, Strat, Neo, Bancor and Wings.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
yura888

Activity: 364

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:07:12 AM

I would choose such coins: EOS, ETH, WAVES, STRATIS,NEO and TEZOS.

Ya-ing

Activity: 119

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:12:54 AM

LTC Grin

Waves seems good too, and ETH looks like is going to last, even though I do not personally like it much.

n4poleon

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:26:31 AM

Probably blockchain projects with the buzzword "smart contracts". Lol, Or projects with promising dev teams on just around less than $5 price point such as PIVX, UBIQ maybe STRAT and LISK too, put ARDR there too their childchain architecture is interesting, I want to see how the project react on market forces. Ohw and GBYTE, byteball is awesome tech DAGs are > blockchain in terms of scalability so there's that.
spain cool

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:33:36 AM

I chose ETH as a long-term investment. Many reasons we can take that ETH suitable to be a place to invest. Now many projects are using ETH contract for their ico.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

https://listfaucet.com

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 08:35:58 AM

ETH will still rise for some time. Newer platforms like NEO can yield better profit but for a long haul, I believe POW only coins would have a better future.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Top 5 Crypto Faucets - Earn Crypto For Free! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
1. VieFaucet  ♥♥♥  2. Earnbitmoon.club ♥♥♥ 3. Feyyora.top  ♥♥♥  4. Coinpayz.com ♥♥♥  5. Adbtc.top
⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏
zabisux

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:39:20 AM

Monero and IOTA are the best candidates for this situation. Why? these coins hold great future value over internet marketing. IOTA is new tech. Monero is best anonymous coin.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:43:00 AM

ETH and XRP for certain. Some XEM and NEO.
Also I'm starting to think that Stox could be really big. Nothing like ETH or XRP because the market isn't the same, but still, it looks promising.
coinfoundry

Activity: 292

Miningcore

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 08:51:34 AM

For me it comes down to XMR, LTC, ETH, NEO.

Miningcore.pro - Stress-Free, Reliable Crypto Mining. Period.
Alcarin

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:59:18 AM

For me it comes down to XMR, LTC, ETH, NEO.

I agree allthough I would add coin like Dmarket whose ICO just ended, 2nd offering soon, and also might add IOTA and ICONOMI.

Very happy if you use my ref link:
Kuccoin: https://www.kucoin.com/#/?r=E3I9Ij
Ruggito

Activity: 283
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:19:35 AM

In the long haul Eth, Neo, Waves, Stratis, Monero, Zcash, Tezos... You'll not gain a x100 probably because this are already consolidated realities, but I think it will be a nice investiment anyway  Grin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███