Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:56:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASUS B250 Mining Expert MB - 19 Cards!  (Read 31058 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:18:17 AM

I'm having a hard time finding a shop in Europe where this motherboard is available. Have you got some links?

I was also wondering if the motherboard had to be powered by ALL 24 pin connectors or if 3 molex + 1x 24 pin is enough?

You don't need to use the 4-pin molex connectors on the motherboard when using powered risers. They are only there for the few people that may still use ribbon unpowered risers.

https://youtu.be/6e7ywLfRogQ?t=4628

So why dont we all use unpowered risers when we can get power from the pci-e slots?

Because ribbon-type risers are a ROYAL PAIN to deal with compared to USB-cable-type, and you really need powered risers ANYWAY to avoid overloading the power traces on the MB even WITH the "aux power MOLEX connectors" in use if you run a lot of cards.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
DanEON

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:53:48 AM

I'm having a hard time finding a shop in Europe where this motherboard is available. Have you got some links?

I was also wondering if the motherboard had to be powered by ALL 24 pin connectors or if 3 molex + 1x 24 pin is enough?

You don't need to use the 4-pin molex connectors on the motherboard when using powered risers. They are only there for the few people that may still use ribbon unpowered risers.

So why dont we all use unpowered risers when we can get power from the pci-e slots?

Because ribbon-type risers are a ROYAL PAIN to deal with compared to USB-cable-type, and you really need powered risers ANYWAY to avoid overloading the power traces on the MB even WITH the "aux power MOLEX connectors" in use if you run a lot of cards.

I am trying to setup 12x 1080ti in my B250. Should I use the mobo's "aux power molex" even if I am using 12x powered risers??

So far I got to set 7x 1080ti (4x in A slots and 3 in B slots), but I cant make windows recognize the 8th vga. The slot appears as green on boot, but Win 10 refuses to find it.  Undecided
mshordja

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:01:08 PM

I am trying to setup 12x 1080ti in my B250. Should I use the mobo's "aux power molex" even if I am using 12x powered risers??

So far I got to set 7x 1080ti (4x in A slots and 3 in B slots), but I cant make windows recognize the 8th vga. The slot appears as green on boot, but Win 10 refuses to find it.  Undecided
with 12 ATI i had no problem at all, after i find the correct drivers to use, i think its all about drivers

DanEON

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:18:17 PM

with 12 ATI i had no problem at all, after i find the correct drivers to use, i think its all about drivers

humm, I havent tested other drivers, I am using the latest one.

So, the ones who have 12x nvidia VGAs, which driver are you using??
mshordja

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:35:24 PM

i am on ATI, i don't know what has to be used in nvidia, if you have ati i will be happy to help you.

uDwcHYO

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:08:13 PM

probably it will be difficult to put so many equipment near

zzz
mshordja

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 02:42:20 PM

for 12 cards its perfect for more i am with you its too difficult Sad

DanEON

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:12:27 PM

i am on ATI, i don't know what has to be used in nvidia, if you have ati i will be happy to help you.

ohh sorry, the question wasnt for you, but for the people with nvidia cards in this thread. Wink

for 12 cards its perfect for more i am with you its too difficult Sad

yea, not too hard to setup 12 cards. They are all in place already, I just need to make Win10 recognize it now.  Sad
obit8

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:55:37 PM

I have 13x gtx 1060 and I'm using the last nvidia driver...
DanEON

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:25:14 PM

humm, ok, thanks!! So it must be something else.  Huh
betaminer

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:56:47 PM

So then we are stuck with "only" 13 gpu.

This information isnt helpfull for me, as long as you dont offer to communicate your experience how you come to this conclusion,...

best regards

BM
klintistwood

Activity: 157

Out of the box is where I live

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 05:00:58 PM

I have 13 GPU on my Asrock and I'm using only powered risers but I had to connect 2 molex + 24pin to the motherboard otherwise it wouldn't start. I had an error message saying that the motherboard was not sufficiently powered.

The PSU I'm using for my currenct motherboard has only one 24 pin connector while the B250 has three. If I have to use those three together, I'll need to buy another PSU, I'd like to avoid that if it's not necessary.

thanks!

13 GPU Nvidia Rig running under Ubuntu 16 (eth hash rate: 300+Mh/s @ 1000W for whole rig): 3x EVGA GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 65W) + 6x MSI Armor GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 70W) + 1x MSI GTX 1060 (24Mh/s @ 65W) + 3x Zotac GTX 1060 (24MH/s @ 65 W). PSU 2400W, Asrock ASRock H110 Pro BTC+, cheap Chinese risers, Kingston SSD 120Gb, 8Gb memory. Selling some of my GPUs (around 200€, still under warranty), if you're interested, contact me in private.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:09:24 PM

The idea is to spread evenly.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 05:43:16 PM

I have 13 GPU on my Asrock and I'm using only powered risers but I had to connect 2 molex + 24pin to the motherboard otherwise it wouldn't start. I had an error message saying that the motherboard was not sufficiently powered.

The PSU I'm using for my currenct motherboard has only one 24 pin connector while the B250 has three. If I have to use those three together, I'll need to buy another PSU, I'd like to avoid that if it's not necessary.

thanks!

Can u please specify exact configuration

Type of GPU (AMD or Nvidia) and did you use A , B an C or just A and B PSU.

It seams that AMD GPU-s because of their bios are using power from pci-e slot rather than from additional 6 port plug from the psu

klintistwood

Activity: 157

Out of the box is where I live

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 07:49:07 PM

Can u please specify exact configuration

Type of GPU (AMD or Nvidia) and did you use A , B an C or just A and B PSU.

It seams that AMD GPU-s because of their bios are using power from pci-e slot rather than from additional 6 port plug from the psu

Well, I have 13 GPU on  a 13 GPU motherboard so it's now like I have much choice. I have an Asrock motherboard, not an Asus one. I'm running the rig with Ubuntu 16 and it's a 100% nvidia rig (see my signature)

13 GPU Nvidia Rig running under Ubuntu 16 (eth hash rate: 300+Mh/s @ 1000W for whole rig): 3x EVGA GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 65W) + 6x MSI Armor GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 70W) + 1x MSI GTX 1060 (24Mh/s @ 65W) + 3x Zotac GTX 1060 (24MH/s @ 65 W). PSU 2400W, Asrock ASRock H110 Pro BTC+, cheap Chinese risers, Kingston SSD 120Gb, 8Gb memory. Selling some of my GPUs (around 200€, still under warranty), if you're interested, contact me in private.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:20:23 PM

I was setting up my Wemo smart plug yesterday and went into the bios and didn’t see an option to power on the board after a power loss. Can someone who has this board help me out how to find this setting or have it power on after an outage?
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 07:50:39 AM

I was setting up my Wemo smart plug yesterday and went into the bios and didn’t see an option to power on the board after a power loss. Can someone who has this board help me out how to find this setting or have it power on after an outage?

You might have to go into BIOS and under  Advanced Mode.  In there you should find a switch called 'Restore AC Power Loss or sometimes it's called "Last State"

Sometimes this options is BAD, because usually at my place when the electricity goes out, few minutes later it comes up again and immediately goes down again so you could make damage in that ON/OFF process that goes into loop for small period of time until local electricity company doesn't solve problems that lead to that first outage.

Bigdrago

Activity: 312

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:42:40 PM

Just received an reply from Asus:

Q: "Thanks for the reply. Will there be an bios update so the mb supports 19 non-mining cards? So we can use regular gpus.
P106 and p104 cant be bought in my country."

A: "Unfortunately I cannot give such information. BIOS release notes are not given even to support teams before actual BIOS release.
However, while there could be compatibility fixed, I doubt there will be official support for non-mining cards. as Asus overall stance is that cryptomining isn't supported regular and gaming products."
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:46:53 PM

Ridiculous they won’t support mining but they will making a mining expert moterhbosrd. Absolute garbage response from ASUS
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:18:50 PM

I guess only the chinese have the upper hand here cause they are the only ones who can buy mining cards for a good price, where I live there were many mining cards but the cost was 30% higher than gaming cards.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: