Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:04:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASUS B250 Mining Expert MB - 19 Cards!  (Read 31058 times)
kgminer

Activity: 100
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:17:24 AM

I see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvbqkv2SgHc

from the video it seems like Nvidia GTX 1060 is same as 106 cards and you can use 8*gtx 1060 + 11*AMD cards to get this motherboard going with 19 GPUs.

Any one got it working like this? I have 7 GTX 1060 and would like to use this motherboard. 106 cards are pretty hard to find.
Bigdrago

Activity: 312
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:07:28 PM

I see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvbqkv2SgHc

from the video it seems like Nvidia GTX 1060 is same as 106 cards and you can use 8*gtx 1060 + 11*AMD cards to get this motherboard going with 19 GPUs.

Any one got it working like this? I have 7 GTX 1060 and would like to use this motherboard. 106 cards are pretty hard to find.

I only see 11 nvidia cards ?
revbones

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:55:46 AM

I'm running four 1080's and eight 1080 Ti's currently. I have another 1080 Ti arriving next week and will probably order another to test afterwards. 

Does any have 14 or more Nvidia cards (regular non-mining) working on this mobo?  I'd really like to know before ordering #14...
Master One

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 11:42:40 AM

Does anybody have recommendations for frame kits to purchase?

I see that most seem to build their own, but I'd rather prefer to buy a ready to assemble solution.

I found an offer on eBay, but that one is extremely expensive with 109.90 EUR + 36.90 EUR shipping.

revbones

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:08:47 PM

Honestly, I thought the same thing and built my first rig using a 12 gpu frame off Amazon.  It's limited me to 12 cpu's in the frame, and I had to zip-tie 3' poles to the back to mount the exhaust fans for the water cooled cards   I'm in the process of moving it off the table I have it on to a wire rack (still keeping the 12 in the frame). If I had it to do again, I would just buy those wire racks. They make a 24"x36" one that is perfect to build an enclosure around and have room for ducting, plus they make 8"x36" half shelves that just sit on the back two poles and can easily mount cards or fans on. 

If I had it to do over, I'd just build it myself or make it using wire racks. The kit I bought was a PIA and is not easily changeable after being built and cabling is a nightmare with it.
mr_blanket

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:23:42 PM

Can anyone comment on having 13 nVidia and 6 AMD?  Does it work with the current firmware?
Using HiveOS, DSTM.

My plan is 13 1070ti (as I can find them) and 6 580s (again, as I can find them).

Thanks.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:28:21 PM

It's already been asked a million times, you can't. Because of a limitation of the motherboard, you need P106 mining cards for more than 13 cards on both Windows and Linux.
revbones

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:45:57 PM

Yes, but many comments regarding that 13 card limit here and elsewhere either were before the last two BIOS updates or reference posts/videos that were dated before then.

So if your comment was in response to my question, then I would reply that I was asking if anyone had successfully done it - not if a "million" comments/videos were made before BIOS changes that were unsuccessful.
Vann

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:54:34 PM

If you bothered using the search instead of asking the same question that's been answered a million and one times, you would have seen nothing has changed regarding the REQUIREMENT of P106 mining cards for more than 13 cards.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2605418.0
revbones

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:13:25 PM

Not sure why you're in such a mood.  

For the record, I did search.  Both here and elsewhere.  As I stated and you seem to have missed, I was asking if anyone had successfully done more than 13 of the same non-mining cards yet since the latest BIOS update and drivers.  I see all sorts of posts and videos before the latest BIOS updates that it couldn't be done until the BIOS was updated. I see all sorts of posts after the BIOS updates but those are reporting that they are using numbers like 7 or 9 and don't really apply to my question.  Maybe re-read the thread you linked to, and look at the dates and content of the posts after the latest BIOS release date.

Congratulations on your forum police badge.  I apologize for hurting your sensibilities by asking a question that you misunderstood as being asked before...
Vann

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:37:28 PM

For the million and second time, the answer to your question that was understood perfectly and already answered is no. Nobody has run more than 13 non-mining cards because of a hardware limitation. In addition to all the posts and ASUS manual which say you can't, both before/after the Bios update, common sense should tell you that is the reason nobody has posted otherwise .
Master One

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 05:55:18 PM

If I had it to do again, I would just buy those wire racks. They make a 24"x36" one that is perfect to build an enclosure around and have room for ducting, plus they make 8"x36" half shelves that just sit on the back two poles and can easily mount cards or fans on. If I had it to do over, I'd just build it myself or make it using wire racks. The kit I bought was a PIA and is not easily changeable after being built and cabling is a nightmare with it.
Which wire racks? Do you have a specific recommendation?

I may have to consider building a rack myself, not sure how it's supposed to look like or what the best design would be to keep it compact but easy to cool though.

Bigdrago

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:57:28 PM

If I had it to do again, I would just buy those wire racks. They make a 24"x36" one that is perfect to build an enclosure around and have room for ducting, plus they make 8"x36" half shelves that just sit on the back two poles and can easily mount cards or fans on. If I had it to do over, I'd just build it myself or make it using wire racks. The kit I bought was a PIA and is not easily changeable after being built and cabling is a nightmare with it.
Which wire racks? Do you have a specific recommendation?

I may have to consider building a rack myself, not sure how it's supposed to look like or what the best design would be to keep it compact but easy to cool though.

I´m building one myself in wood. 13 gpu in one row.
Master One

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 06:01:32 PM

Interesting, didn't even consider wood. How far are you already and can you share any pics?

Bigdrago

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:05:23 PM

Interesting, didn't even consider wood. How far are you already and can you share any pics?

Its all in my head. I´ve seen other made riggs out of wood.
Will be buying parts in a few days.
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 07:22:50 AM

If you go with wooden build keep in mind that construction cannot be so good that you could just take it out to clean it with air compressor.
Metal construction would be much better for moving around.
Cards are full of dust in a month or two.

Master One

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 09:48:55 AM

If you go with wooden build keep in mind that construction cannot be so good that you could just take it out to clean it with air compressor. Metal construction would be much better for moving around. Cards are full of dust in a month or two.
True, so wood isn't such a good idea after all.  Roll Eyes

OK, so if I want to try to build a metal frame myself, any idea where to begin with? Has anybody seen something like a tutorial, build instructions or video? I mean, the wheel should not have to be invented twice...  Wink

Boriss

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 09:56:59 AM

If you go with wooden build keep in mind that construction cannot be so good that you could just take it out to clean it with air compressor. Metal construction would be much better for moving around. Cards are full of dust in a month or two.
True, so wood isn't such a good idea after all.  Roll Eyes

OK, so if I want to try to build a metal frame myself, any idea where to begin with? Has anybody seen something like a tutorial, build instructions or video? I mean, the wheel should not have to be invented twice...  Wink

Every construction with 13 GPU will be big and heavy, you can go with wood but you could make base with kitchen board (more sturdy and will not bend so much under weight).
Or you could make metal frame under it and go with classic wooden frame.

It all depends what your personal requirements are, I like to have transportable rig.

You could go with wood, and attach some industrial wheels under it.

NitriusX

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:33:20 PM

Have anyone had any network problems with the card? Thinking about the onboard nic from Intel. Am having troubles with download speed, it's nowhere near my isp limit, and i've tried other computers on the same network, router and cable. Installed a standalone nic from Intel, and right away i got correct speeds. Anyone got any clue? Defect onboard nic?
Boriss

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 07:49:59 PM

Have anyone had any network problems with the card? Thinking about the onboard nic from Intel. Am having troubles with download speed, it's nowhere near my isp limit, and i've tried other computers on the same network, router and cable. Installed a standalone nic from Intel, and right away i got correct speeds. Anyone got any clue? Defect onboard nic?

Have you tried testing transfer speeds from integrated NIC to some other PC on same network?
It could be driver problem or just some settings in driver.
I had that kind of problem on some other boards, usually correct drivers solved the problem.

Also keep in mind that cable cannot be tested without instrument, I had cables that were problematic and sometimes keep loosing packages so speed dropped a lot due to re-transmit of packages.
That same cable have been tested with instrument and sometimes it had 8 pin connection and sometimes didn't.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: