Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:49:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeFortress VERY untrustworthy, owes me 10.15 BTC, possibly others.  (Read 11303 times)
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:24:07 PM

I'd say the lesson is don't trust the default trust list.

I agree, and I don't, but what else are brand new users meant to do?
They have to assume that the default they have been given are sensible.

Well, I kept TradeFortress, dumped Theymos, and added MPOE-PR and Kakobrekla to my trust list.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DumbFruit

Activity: 433
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:34:59 PM

Dumbfruit is a TF sockpuppet btw, I recognize his style.
I guess we're kinda similar... We both don't double space after a period.

Other than that, he's way more professional, and tends to write less.

When I first got here I called out BitEnsure as a ponzi scheme, and I looked at BitLenders thinking I was going to find the same thing, but there wasn't anything I could fault him with.

There have been quite a few scam accusations but his accusers tend to be vindictive melodramatic adolescents that never prove their point, or never have a point to begin with. So I bought a CD at CoinLenders.

Hopefully I judged correctly, but at any rate it has nothing to do with my thoughts about Ripple. You said that you're suppose to only trust people you trust IRL, but not even that can be trusted.

By their (dumb) fruits shall ye know them indeed...
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 12:15:10 PM

Dumbfruit is a TF sockpuppet btw, I recognize his style.
I guess we're kinda similar... We both don't double space after a period.

Other than that, he's way more professional, and tends to write less.

When I first got here I called out BitEnsure as a ponzi scheme, and I looked at BitLenders thinking I was going to find the same thing, but there wasn't anything I could fault him with.

There have been quite a few scam accusations but his accusers tend to be vindictive melodramatic adolescents that never prove their point, or never have a point to begin with. So I bought a CD at CoinLenders.

Hopefully I judged correctly, but at any rate it has nothing to do with my thoughts about Ripple. You said that you're suppose to only trust people you trust IRL, but not even that can be trusted.

Get in the WoT already will you.

The OP who got "ripped off":

Webr3 was pompous and refused to believe that TradeFortress was showing everyone a real problem in Ripple. He lost bitcoins, and then TradeFortress returned what he lost, at which point he promptly did exactly the same thing and lost his bitcoins again. He gets a few laughs, but very little sympathy from me.

Welcome to the problem of infinite hitpoints.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 12:35:49 PM

If MP keeps this up, I can see "There's a relevant Trilema for everything" forming, much like xkcd.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:45:53 PM

If MP keeps this up, I can see "There's a relevant Trilema for everything" forming, much like xkcd.

It'd have to be a translation, it's a 5yo Romanian insider joke.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 11:04:32 AM

Followed up on the public ripple ledger.

Shortly after he initially sent the BTC back to me, he sent one of his IOUs for 15BTC to bitcointalk user aadje93 ripple address rMyHUbgreHFvvxoD5pGmg1fKRdSBHisy39 who then immediately withdrew 9.15 BTC to bitstamp.

See https://ripple.com/graph/#rH3bZsvVUhzugvcYuJVoSYCEMHkfK6wHNv

Mods: please check the IPs of this user aadje93 to see if it's the same as TradeFortress.

The other 1 BTC was done as a test by a member who said they'd be happy to it back to me, even though they don't owe it, tradefortress does.

rMyHUbgreHFvvxoD5pGmg1fKRdSBHisy39

The address TradeFortress used to issue this bad debt was funded by... rMyHUbgreHFvvxoD5pGmg1fKRdSBHisy39 - the TradeFortress address is by the way the ONLY address that this "aadje93 address" was funding (Funding means the first initial transaction of XRP in Ripple that are partially held as account reserve).

aadje93 seems to be a guy named Adrian from the Nederlands or Belgium (if you take the 93 as birth year, he's likely 19-20 years old). I'm not too sure that he is actually TradeFortress (different writing style amongst other things) but I really wonder then why he sent some XRP to this address that was used to scam people AND managed to scam them for real as well afterwards. There must be some connection between TF and aadje93, after all their addresses are far to closely linked in the Ripple graph for this to be accidential or by chance.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:26:45 AM

Shortly after he initially sent the BTC back to me, he sent one of his IOUs for 15BTC to bitcointalk user aadje93 ripple address rMyHUbgreHFvvxoD5pGmg1fKRdSBHisy39 who then immediately withdrew 9.15 BTC to bitstamp.

Bingo, looks like that timing is the smoking gun of the scammer who definitely should NOT be in the default trust list for perpetrating this scam alone.

There must be some connection between TF and aadje93, after all their addresses are far to closely linked in the Ripple graph for this to be accidential or by chance.
Forensic analysis to back up the timing evidence. I'm convinced and so should most reasonable people.
Link in my sig with more TF scam activities plus you get to see how many puppets TF used to vote he doesn't scam.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: