Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:00:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens if BTC gets regulated?  (Read 2132 times)
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:21:26 PM

I cannot see Bitcoin getting regulated but i can see countries creating their own crypto currencys. if they regulate bitcoin could we not just create another decentralised and unregulated version of bitcoin, oh wait like bitcoincash !

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:44:33 PM

I cannot see Bitcoin getting regulated but i can see countries creating their own crypto currencys. if they regulate bitcoin could we not just create another decentralised and unregulated version of bitcoin, oh wait like bitcoincash !

It's not "hard" to see it happen when you look at how China's actions have impacted exchanges and bitcoin.
Even though we don't really know what China has in mind yet.
leyton11

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:14:33 PM

It's not "hard" to see it happen when you look at how China's actions have impacted exchanges and bitcoin.
Even though we don't really know what China has in mind yet.
The FUD by China has ended, I am sure that, because they do not have any reason to keep this FUD when the price of Bitcoin recover to $4,000. But important, the mentality of traders are fearing, they can take advantage this chance to create new FUD again.
rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:11:36 PM

Hello,

Just read somewhere that BTC is accepted by strippers now? lol

I wonder what will happen if it gets regulated by the government? value would go down? perhaps consolidation?

Overall , what's the general outlook? Obviously, I understand it'll be personal opinion but still. Go ahead and share. I'll get to learn something new.

If Bitcoin gets regulated by the government, I think the people will get interested in Bitcoin. This is because their government has paid much attention to the said coin and it will become hot on the people's eyes. However, I cannot think of a way where the government can do some regulations in Bitcoin. Bitcoin is decentralized and it will be difficult for the government to do such thing.

BunnyShibe

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:42:39 PM

Hello,

I wonder what will happen if it gets regulated by the government? value would go down? perhaps consolidation?

Overall , what's the general outlook? Obviously, I understand it'll be personal opinion but still. Go ahead and share. I'll get to learn something new.

If Bitcoin gets regulated by the government, I think the people will get interested in Bitcoin. This is because their government has paid much attention to the said coin and it will become hot on the people's eyes. However, I cannot think of a way where the government can do some regulations in Bitcoin. Bitcoin is decentralized and it will be difficult for the government to do such thing.
yes that is right to say that if bitcoin will become regulated, people will become more confident and they will hopefully invest more and more money in bitcoin and will make bitcoin more stronger because bitcoin has a good potential that its price will continue increase tell the time when people will adopt bitcoin and will invest their assets in bitcoin.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:45:40 PM

If bitcoin becomes regulated by the government that would mean higher fees due to taxes. And some people will take it negatively due to the high price of bitcoin the tax will surely eat a large part of it which would mean a lot less profit from your investment.
I am not sure exactly whether this thing will ever happen or not, but let us suppose that this thing will happen then I must say there will a lot of difficulties as well. The most basic problem which we will be facing will be the payment of tax and all that stuff which will result in depreciation of our money.

I am thinking the same that bitcoin would never be regulated, because government would surely want a system that they can control or monitor Well maybe because their purpose on not regulating bitcoin so they can surely prevent people from using it the wrong way or criminals to be using it in their country, and they are really preventing that to happen.
It is a bit difficult but not impossible yet because the price of the bitcoin is increasing and the chance for the profit is high so if the government will make the bitcoin regular and they will earn from bitcoin so it will be good for the economical life of the bitcoin. The strategy of the bitcoin currency is not yet impossible so if the government of any country will accept bitcoin it will increase the trust of the people in bitcoin.
rebelappliance

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:52:48 PM

Hello,

Nothing. Bitcoin can't be regulated in the normal sense.
soham

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:57:01 PM

Hello,

Don't know about the strippers but yes, if bitcoin is regulated by a government, then the price and interest for bitcoin would go down considerably. But bitcoin is not structurally born to be regulated by anyone. It can be accepted by a government like Holland or Japan or can be banned by a government like China or North Korea. But can't be regulated.

But if anytime, bitcoin is strictly regulated and monitored by an international agency, then the price will go down considerably because a lot of dirty money would was away from the system or get channelized. A cleaning would be done for bitcoin for good, but the market cap will go down drastically so as the price.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
Tumanggor

Activity: 1050
Merit: 109

1xBit.. recovered their reputation

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 06:00:11 PM

if bitcoin gets permission and regulation from the government in every country, then its price will surely soar, up to 50 to 100%, this is my opinion, hehehe

Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:10:02 PM

If bitcoin becomes regulated by the government that would mean higher fees due to taxes. And some people will take it negatively due to the high price of bitcoin the tax will surely eat a large part of it which would mean a lot less profit from your investment.
I am not sure exactly whether this thing will ever happen or not, but let us suppose that this thing will happen then I must say there will a lot of difficulties as well. The most basic problem which we will be facing will be the payment of tax and all that stuff which will result in depreciation of our money.

I am thinking the same that bitcoin would never be regulated, because government would surely want a system that they can control or monitor Well maybe because their purpose on not regulating bitcoin so they can surely prevent people from using it the wrong way or criminals to be using it in their country, and they are really preventing that to happen.
It is a bit difficult but not impossible yet because the price of the bitcoin is increasing and the chance for the profit is high so if the government will make the bitcoin regular and they will earn from bitcoin so it will be good for the economical life of the bitcoin. The strategy of the bitcoin currency is not yet impossible so if the government of any country will accept bitcoin it will increase the trust of the people in bitcoin.
I agree that it might increase the people's trust and confidence over it, but I am not certain if bitcoin taxations will not be corrupted by the leaders who handle the regulations imposed. Although its showing positive effect to the live of the people who is going to experience comfort and profitable sources of funds, it's not guaranteed that transparency between government and people will be that promising. So it needs to be reviewed all over again so that we'll no regret by the moment it will be merged by the laws.
1enterthebtc

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:30:02 PM

Anon coins price will skyrocket because their use will go up.  Non users will want to know what the regulators are afraid of will investigate it and become users. Basically free advertising.
kamikadze69

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:33:47 PM

I think that regulation will make things better, and the most important is the security side. but I think if the government implements a bitcoin-related regulation, one of the properties of bitcoin will be lost. an anonymous feature, because once the government regulates it, I'm sure they'll keep an eye on all bitcoin activity, because they do have the right to do it.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:36:51 PM

Hello,

There's no reason for bitcoin to go down. Bitcoin can be regulated by the government only in some ways, however I think bitcoin would be hard to be regulated in some countries like Philippines, people would find ways not to follow it if they find it to strict. It would be impossible for government to tax bitcoin if that's what you mean.
dlhezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:47:10 PM

Hello,

yes probably the value of bitcoin will reduce if this bitcoin regulated by the government, and i think they also implement a new law to gain more taxes from bitcoin. and this is the beginning of a massive corruption from the other government agencies and possible to ruin the process of bitcoin in blockchain and in the market, they also implement a legal information of all bitcoin holders in all over their country to manipulate the income of the individuals that relying on bitcoin.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:28:48 AM

I am not agree with you that it is difficult but not possible, I think it is impossible completely to get control on bitcoin and regulate it by a government because bitcoin is decentralized and uncontrollable cryptocurrency.

In a way government can earn from bitcoin if government announce bitcoin a legal currency in his country and collect taxes from blockchain because bitcoin is not in access of someone. But if happens to regulate then people will left bitcoin.   
Sirait

Activity: 1890

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 08:32:32 AM

if the government gives regulation to Bitcoin then I think the price will increase, but it seems it will be long, because to get the regulation government must learn it first ..

infinity33

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:35:43 AM

if the government gives regulation to Bitcoin then I think the price will increase, but it seems it will be long, because to get the regulation government must learn it first ..
they will have a discussion on it and for what majority can win i think regulation to bitcoin will not be.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 10:11:06 AM

I am not agree with you that it is difficult but not possible, I think it is impossible completely to get control on bitcoin and regulate it by a government because bitcoin is decentralized and uncontrollable cryptocurrency.

In a way government can earn from bitcoin if government announce bitcoin a legal currency in his country and collect taxes from blockchain because bitcoin is not in access of someone. But if happens to regulate then people will left bitcoin.   

bitcoin is a currency and a currency is used in businesses, shops, merchants and things like that. when you speak of regulations you speak of regulating all these use cases for example you take taxes from the shops that are accepting bitcoin you give businesses license to operate.
it is not really any different when regulating a business that is working with fiat.

--looking for signature--
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:47:43 AM

Hello,

Well first of all, strippers accepting bitcoin really has nothing to do with government regulating bitcoin...

But to answer your question, the government is already "regulating" bitcoin through regulating exchanges and handing out licenses to bitcoin exchanges. Exchanges have certain KYC guidelines in order for customers to deposit/withdraw funds, issued by the government.

Excessive KYC and AML guidelines would definitely hurt bitcoin, such as in the case of China. Otherwise, bitcoin wouldn't really be affected much at all, since it is decentralized in teh first place.
iamMhew

Activity: 688

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:23:42 AM

Hello,

in the other side, thats the facts that when this bitcoin gets regulate by the government,its good to be to legalized and totally accept bitcoin in your country that would be a great news for us. but i think the price of this bitcoin goes down, why? because we all know that all of the government has/had to implement a tax and i think our privacy in this bitcoin will reveal by this government wants to regulat bitcoin.then i think from the original price of bitcoin in the market its become a 120-130% when you buy/deposit bitcoin from its original price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: