Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:29:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $100 USD BOUNTY: I had BTC on bitkee how to claim bitcoin cash?  (Read 2002 times)
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:36:52 AM

One of the priv qts  (compressed WIF) says no funds in wallet. The other (uncompressed WIF) seems like it starts the process, but then just bounces me back to balance tab.
 I uninstalled and redownloaded coinomi...kept all recovery info. Same thing. I type manually, same thing. Grrr
I wannanbelieve itnssomething small I simoly overlooked, but I'm the guy who's brain itches until it's fixed lol. Spent many I nsomniac hours building and overclocking/undervolting a small gpu farm. I should be able to get this...grrr.  thanks man. I'll ttya 2morros

Ok. You have the address and the corresponding priv key, that's no way you lost your money. Yesterday I used coinomi to transfer some ether and seemed pretty buggy, It bounced me back to balance and when it finally show the tx I found I transfer my 0.1 three times instead of one.

Don't worry, I don't feel u are stupid, we are somewhat pioneers and we have to help each other. At this point, I would suggest change wallet. Besides coinomi, I know electron cash and the ABC wallet.

Electron cash would be faster, but I read many people who said it didn't work or stole their money, could be that there are malicious version and the original version is ok but as now I cannot vouch for it.

With ABC wallet you have to synch it and it would be painfully slower, but more secure.

The last alternative i can think of, you can give me your priv key and I will try to import in coinomi, I will never scam you and immediately delete it if it don't work, but obviously I don't suggest this solution, as it would require to trust a stranger for pretty a shitload of money.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
pitbully2000 (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:16:58 PM

Morning buddy (actually afternoon here, and njght time where u r? Sorry for the kiddie-speak. I do it when typing on my phone lol. Ok, so I'm gonna do my morning routine and then try the ABC? When you say painfully ow...do you mean it's going to download the entire chain? I did that way back in the  market cap millions (can u belies it?) Days. Took forever lol. Really though, from millions to tens of BILLIONS! 😁. Think my buy average is around 125 USD.  Tried daytrading. Far to much stress.  Anyways, I'll get on it w/in the hour and get back to you soon. You're awesome.for all the help...and I appreciate the kind words! Always been the guy who MUST " get to the bottom.of things" 😉. Now that I NEED that trait...i gotta reach out. Grrr. Ok...ill be on pc in an hour or so. The is again erre!
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:23:22 PM

Should I download the and client to a different machine? I read somewhere that it can oberwtie existing bitcoin code or something like that...
erre
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:30:22 PM

Should I download the and client to a different machine? I read somewhere that it can oberwtie existing bitcoin code or something like that...

Yes, don't download  qt and abc on the same machine unless you use a partiton or something like that. After that, you have to download the whole Chain.
I just noted that coinomi support  bip38, did you try to insert the encrypted key and then the pass in coinomi? I really can't understand why it isn't working, besides some bug

pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:37:02 PM

Yes, don't download  qt and abc on the same machine unless you use a partiton or something like that. After that, you have to download the whole Chain.
I just noted that coinomi support  bip38, did you try to insert the encrypted key and then the pass in coinomi? I really can't understand why it isn't working, besides some bug

I actually did that last night. Got out of bed to try it lol. Realized that it said it worked w/bip38 so I scanned and typed my  (long) passphrase. Had my wife do it the 2nd time just because I thought she might catch something I was overlooking. But same result, looks like it's starting the process...even says creating transaction, but then bumps me back to the (empty) balance tab grrr
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:53:43 PM

Ok...downloading. says it need couple hundred gigs...this will take awhile...
erre
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:25:40 PM

Good luck, keep me updated, I will post here every new idea I can think of, but I'm starting to run out of them.... maybe try to install coinomi on another phone?

pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:34:38 PM

Good luck, keep me updated, I will post here every new idea I can think of, but I'm starting to run out of them.... maybe try to install coinomi on another phone?

Hmmm...
Didn't think of that! I've got another android!.... Also, maybe the wife's iphone?
Thanks...i WILL get this, eventually, somehow. Even if i have to givd up my privkey, would hope youre good to your word, also, i can just swap for a new one as soon as you were done grabbing my bitcoinncash anyways, right? Your bounty shall be paid, good sir! Truly appreciate the help. I know its aggravating.  😁
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:55:25 PM

Just did it on my other android. Got excited because it really does look like it's starting, but nope. Grrr. I'll try using the bil38 and I'll try on her iPhone when she gets home. Otherwise, I'm waiting the hours it'll take to finish getting this ABC wallet setup. Thanks again and again and again.
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:22:36 PM

Not to statt a whole other thing...but...if you were me, would you keep the BBC, or swap out for BTC? Or...would you just take the money and run? Just curious...
erre
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:07:25 PM

Not to statt a whole other thing...but...if you were me, would you keep the BBC, or swap out for BTC? Or...would you just take the money and run? Just curious...

I did dump all my bcc under 0.1...i advice you that I'm not a good trader at all, but I think bcc has no future, i consider it mainly a marketing operation to push segwit 2x, and i think that actual buying pressure is artificial. But seems like you have way more bcc than me, i would consider dumping a part (i.e. 70-80%) and wait till November to see what happens. Would not hold more than 30%, but that's just my opinion.

pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:19:17 PM

I did dump all my bcc under 0.1...i advice you that I'm not a good trader at all, but I think bcc has no future, i consider it mainly a marketing operation to push segwit 2x, and i think that actual buying pressure is artificial. But seems like you have way more bcc than me, i would consider dumping a part (i.e. 70-80%) and wait till November to see what happens. Would not hold more than 30%, but that's just my opinion.

I tend to agree w/everything you just said. Wish I had been more on top of things...but not a terrible rate now...if I can get my hands on em lol. One last dumb question....after ABC synch up...will this be surefire way? Anything special I need to know (I ask because I know you'll be snoring by the time this is finished) 😁
 Thanks buddy...upping it again... is $200 USD fair? I know youre getting frustrated too...
erre
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:38:41 PM

I tend to agree w/everything you just said. Wish I had been more on top of things...but not a terrible rate now...if I can get my hands on em lol. One last dumb question....after ABC synch up...will this be surefire way? Anything special I need to know (I ask because I know you'll be snoring by the time this is finished) 😁
 Thanks buddy...upping it again... is $200 USD fair? I know youre getting frustrated too...

Give me any tip you want, really, I would had help you for a lot less or even for free, this forum was made for things like this. I don't exactly know ABC wallet, but I suppose that you can import your privkey now, and you will start to see your address with 0 balance. That would be just fine, when the wallet becomes synched with the blocks containing the tx of your incoming bitcoins you will see bcc balance.
But I just suppose so, it could be you have to be synched to the 1st August blocks to see the balance.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16839

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 08:53:18 PM

I just read through 5 pages, all the time expecting you'd have solved it by now. Guess not!

Let me summarize:
155HLTxjDXfgcyBeDUviGj5QGSAVnJdZHQWatch Only
This is the address of your bitkee (a Metal Bitcoin Wallet): 155HLTxjDXfgcyBeDUviGj5QGSAVnJdZHQ and you moved your 11 BTC to this address on your Trezor: 1PShvoNo6o2DAHHAuveBx7GDttUb2d7QXu.

Although you missed out on very nice airdrops in the past months, you can indeed still claim your Bitcoin Cash as your Bitcoins were on your bitkee during the August 1 fork.

https://www.bitcoincash.org/ sends me to blockdozer as an explorer, and indeed, your address 155HLTxjDXfgcyBeDUviGj5QGSAVnJdZHQ still contains 11 Bitcoin Cash (worth about $6700 or 1.52 BTC).
So far everything is okay Smiley

What I'm not sure about, is what you want to do with your Bitcoin Cash. Let's assume you want to sell them for Bitcoin, do you already have an exchange in mind, or do you want to use Shapeshift.io to exchange your Bitcoin Cash for Bitcoin and send it directly to your Trezor: 1PShvoNo6o2DAHHAuveBx7GDttUb2d7QXu (or a new address on your Trezor)?

I have no experience with Coinomi, but it seems you couldn't get that to work either. I am very familiar with handling private keys, and this is what I did with my Bitcoin Cash: I installed Electron Cash in a Linux Virtual Machine, imported my private key, and sent my Bitcoin Cash to my exchange Bittrex.com. From there I converted it to Bitcoin.
To be complete, I want to say that Electron Cash is debated and not trusted (see Aug 1 summar), although I haven't read about any confirmed problems. If you go for Electron Cash, make sure to download it via bitcoincash.org .

What are you downloading now? The Bitcoin Cash full-client ABC wallet including a full blockchain?

I can't believe something this simple filled 5 pages and 3 days Cheesy

pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:47:00 PM

Give me any tip you want, really, I would had help you for a lot less or even for free, this forum was made for things like this. I don't exactly know ABC wallet, but I suppose that you can import your privkey now, and you will start to see your address with 0 balance. That would be just fine, when the wallet becomes synched with the blocks containing the tx of your incoming bitcoins you will see bcc balance.
But I just suppose so, it could be you have to be synched to the 1st August blocks to see the balance.

EXTREMELY kind of you ERRE! But I firmly believe in paying what's right! You've spent a considerable mount of your time (the most valuable commodity, as you canr ever get it back 😉) and I'd like to show my appreciation! Thanks gain....im gonna wait for it to synch before I start messing around. Gonna try and reply just play this one by the #s so I don't miss something by being impatient. Thanks buddy...will update you while you sleep lol.
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:57:05 PM

I just read through 5 pages, all the time expecting you'd have solved it by now. Guess not!

Let me summarize:
This is the address of your bitkee (a Metal Bitcoin Wallet): 155HLTxjDXfgcyBeDUviGj5QGSAVnJdZHQ and you moved your 11 BTC to this address on your Trezor: 1PShvoNo6o2DAHHAuveBx7GDttUb2d7QXu.

Although you missed out on very nice airdrops in the past months, you can indeed still claim your Bitcoin Cash as your Bitcoins were on your bitkee during the August 1 fork.

https://www.bitcoincash.org/ sends me to blockdozer as an explorer, and indeed, your address 155HLTxjDXfgcyBeDUviGj5QGSAVnJdZHQ still contains 11 Bitcoin Cash (worth about $6700 or 1.52 BTC).

What I'm not sure about, is what you want to do with your Bitcoin Cash. Let's assume you want to sell them for Bitcoin, do you already have an exchange in mind, or do you want to use Shapeshift.io to exchange your Bitcoin Cash for Bitcoin and send it directly to your Trezor: 1PShvoNo6o2DAHHAuveBx7GDttUb2d7QXu (or a new address on your Trezor)?

I have no experience with Coinomi, but it seems you couldn't get that to work either. I am very familiar with handling private keys, and this is what I did with my Bitcoin Cash: I installed Electron Cash in a Linux Virtual Machine, imported my private key, and sent my Bitcoin Cash to my exchange Bittrex.com. From there I converted it to Bitcoin.
To be complete, I want to say that Electron Cash is debated and not trusted (see Aug 1 summar), although I haven't read about any confirmed problems. If you go for Electron Cash, make sure to download it via bitcoincash.org .

What are you downloading now? The Bitcoin Cash full-client ABC wallet including a full blockchain?

You summarized it perfectly! I have already climes bcc from trezor. They made it very easy. But trying to get this done AFTER I pulled my coin from a bitkee, to blockchain wallet, and now trying to use coinomi, it seems like it's trying to start transaction, but in the end it just bounces me.back to balance tab w/no balance.
 When I split using trezor splitter, I sent it to hitbtc and did the swap from bcc to btc from there. I'm not familiar w/Linux  (I've worked w/Ubuntu a LITTLE bit a couple years ago, but certainly not fluent)

As far as "What are you downloading now? The Bitcoin Cash full-client ABC wallet including a full blockchain?"
 The answer is yes! About 25% done now...much faster than when I loaded the entire chain years ago...may be bigger, but apparently, my internet speed is even faster still lol

And yeah...3 days...5 pages...excessive I know, but just so maddening. Nice to know there are people like we're and yourself even willing to give a stranger a hand 😁😁😁
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:03:52 PM

Let me summarize:

You summarized it perfectly! I have already climes bcc from trezor. They made it very easy. But trying to get this done AFTER I pulled my coin from a bitkee, to blockchain wallet, and now trying to use coinomi, it seems like it's trying to start transaction, but in the end it just bounces me.back to balance tab w/no balance.
 When I split using trezor splitter, I sent it to hitbtc and did the swap from bcc to btc from there. I'm not familiar w/Linux  (I've worked w/Ubuntu a LITTLE bit a couple years ago, but certainly not fluent)

As far as "What are you downloading now? The Bitcoin Cash full-client ABC wallet including a full blockchain?"
 The answer is yes! About 25% done now...much faster than when I loaded the entire chain years ago...may be bigger, but apparently, my internet speed is even faster still lol

And yeah...3 days...5 pages...excessive I know, but just so maddening. Nice to know there are people like we're and yourself even willing to give a stranger a hand 😁😁😁

Also...if I can't get this working  (ABC). I will attempt to follow your instructions : , I want to say that Electron Cash is debated and not trusted (see Aug 1 summar (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059111.0)), although I haven't read about any confirmed problems. If you go for Electron Cash, make sure to download it via bitcoincash.org
 Thanks for another possible solution...
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:37:27 AM

IT WORKED!!!
 Not the ABC or any of the other suggestions. I did the same thing I've done many times before, I added BTC to the coinomi wallet (I did this the 1st 3x, so wasn't anything new) and on a whim, I re-scanned...all the sudden...ALL GOOD! Waiting for confirmations right now! SOOOO happy!
 You guys were all awesome, but ERRE...you certainly went above and beyond, and didn't even CARE about the bounty! You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!
 Everyone else...way awesome of you to try and help a stranger....my f***ing HEROES!
If any of you happen to listen to "heavy" music..gimme a shout, love to turn you onto some of my "day-job" work, we just got signed by an extremely reputable label (distrubution by SONY). And I'd LOVE to share some of our material w/all of you!
THANKSS AGAIN AND AGAIN...EVERYBODY!
 Smiley Smiley Smiley Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cool Cool Cool Cool
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:41:56 AM

@ Wusolini -
 You, my bro, have been awesome as well! Just saw your PM offering the other help! wanted to thank you again personally as well!
 If, in fact, you DO listen to "heavy music" lemme know and I'll send you some tunes/merchandise. We just got signed to a major label (inked the contract last week) and would love to send you a little something for trying to help! Even if my music isn't your cup of tea...maybe you know someone who will enjoy?
 THANK YOU!
 Grin Grin Grin
pitbully2000 (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:24:55 AM

EXTREMELY kind of you ERRE! But I firmly believe in paying what's right! You've spent a considerable mount of your time (the most valuable commodity, as you canr ever get it back 😉) and I'd like to show my appreciation! Thanks gain....im gonna wait for it to synch before I start messing around. Gonna try and reply just play this one by the #s so I don't miss something by being impatient. Thanks buddy...will update you while you sleep lol.

ALL GOOD!
Sent your $200 USD to 16Hy2dMNeqZwa4vcS7UBX1HJmHNFAvmxM2
PLEASE let me know you have received...again, thanks, and again...sure hope this puts a smile on your face...dont know why it wont let me add a "trust" point to your account?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: