Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:23:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ICO SCAM] Karbon is just another ICO scam with a bot-posted thread  (Read 2460 times)
cryptodevil (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:43:28 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 03:56:42 PM by cryptodevil

What happened:
Yet another ICO scam thread is what happened.

Which ICO scam does it involve this time?
A vague nonsensical 'social media' blockchain-magical-fairy-dust-app called 'Karbon'.

Their announcement thread can be found here

The Bought/Hacked forum account used to post the OP can be found here

Their bounty thread to get people to promote their scam can be found here

This topic uses BOT for increase in messages. They distribute the same messages with 30 on 150 page of a forum. Pay attention.

You look here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2042235.1100

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2042235.2100

They have written 156 pages in 2 days of the same messages

Damned Russian swindlers

LOLZ the mofo just keeps asking the same question

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2042235.msg21101982#msg21101982

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2042235.msg21102628#msg21102628

Example:

This bought or hacked account keeps posting the same messages over and over, for example this one:
Is it too late for the bounty/signature campaign, forgot to ask.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Remulos

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:05:31 PM

I don't mean to blow my own horn but I sent 2 messages to the Altcoins mod this morning at around 9am about a different user doing the same thing (daemmon) and also posted on the Meta board at 12.37 pm.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2119557.msg21191395#msg21191395
jagadlangit

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:52:21 AM

is that really scam?
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

umachit.fund

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:42:44 PM

New ANN and bounty thread.

.UmaChit.Fund.
‎ ★
..Revolutionized Rotating..
..Savings & Borrowings.....

‎ ★
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 11:16:32 PM

New ANN and bounty thread.
Trust summary for Kentedvard
This user recently woke up from a long period of inactivity.
Tagged.

Look at all those illiterate bounty campaign spammers. They are completely ignoring your post and just spamming. Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:45:21 AM

I just wanted to translate that campaign and get a bounty , I didn't know that campaign is a scam , my main role is translator and bounty manager , actually I manage 7 translated campaigns and 1 bounty campaign . You ruined all my work and my reputation with your red report . You must to understand that I DIDN'T KNOW THAT IS A SCAMM , and I apologize , i will check before to reserve another translation
cryptodevil (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:49:48 AM

You must to understand that I DIDN'T KNOW THAT IS A SCAMM , and I apologize , i will check before to reserve another translation

I'm getting tired of all the bounty-seeking twats helping these scammers con more people into believing they are legitimate, solely because you can't be bothered to actually look up a few posts and see that it has already been called out as a fraudulent ICO.

I'll remove your rating this time but I tend to limit the appeal process to a one-time-only opportunity.

Do better in future.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:56:54 AM

You must to understand that I DIDN'T KNOW THAT IS A SCAMM , and I apologize , i will check before to reserve another translation

I'm getting tired of all the bounty-seeking twats helping these scammers con more people into believing they are legitimate, solely because you can't be bothered to actually look up a few posts and see that it has already been called out as a fraudulent ICO.

I'll remove your rating this time but I tend to limit the appeal process to a one-time-only opportunity.

Do better in future.

Thank you for understanding , sorry but that account "Kentedvard" , the original owner of the bounty thread , he didn't get a report at that time when I posted the reservation for translation . I thought it was real , but after he got a report by Lauda , you can check the time when it was reported .

Thank you for your time
Have a great day
BitcoinBus

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Crypto is life !

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 10:18:35 AM

Hello, i dont now that carbon is a scam ^( what should i do with negative trust ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=415135
Please help me, I really did not know I just wanted to participate in the company of signatures.
bassong

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:20:54 AM

Good job cryptodevil, Too many scams masquerading as legitimate ICO's on the forum. Is there a way to create a thread or sub listing these scams? It will be of great help to the community.
cryptodevil (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:17:43 PM

Hello, i dont now that carbon is a scam ^( what should i do with negative trust ?
Please help me, I really did not know I just wanted to participate in the company of signatures.

Delete all your supporting posts for the scam and, once done, notify me and I will remove the rating.

Next time be more diligent.

BitcoinBus

Crypto is life !

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 06:57:24 AM

Delete all your supporting posts for the scam and, once done, notify me and I will remove the rating.

Next time be more diligent.

Thank you very much for your understanding, I will be more attentive to the future, I deleted posts and the signature, once again I thank you very much.
Grant Hero

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 07:02:44 AM

Thanks for your help and support in trying to protect the community from scams Cryptodevil.  We need more people like us in the community.
ismart1

Activity: 1008
Merit: 127

Make a difference, make it better.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 12:36:54 PM

Good job cryptodevil, Too many scams masquerading as legitimate ICO's on the forum. Is there a way to create a thread or sub listing these scams? It will be of great help to the community.

There is a big problem not with the reporting SCAMs , which I totally support, but with his methods. The same work that he has to FALSE reporting people of "Promoting scam coin", he should at least give a warning to the person first.
He gave me a negative trust because I candidate to make a translation for the coin not knowing it´s a SCAM, nothing else. Since I am a newbie here, I didn´t know where to check and see what coin is Scam or not. Not warning people, just giving them a bad rating for candidacy is NOT HONESTY. It´s easier to do, but very dishonest work. Since he is the POLICE for SCAMMERS, honesty should be a policy of his work, not this.
A fair WARNING, should guide his activity beforehand.
So he ruins people reputation for no reason, instead of doing his job the right way.

Yes, I apologize for being naive, or a newbie. But that´s not right and I want my trust rating repaired.
Please.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
cryptodevil (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:11:38 PM

You don't exactly live up to your username given that you posted this TWO DAYS AFTER this scam had been exposed.

Yes, I apologize for being naive, or a newbie. But that´s not right and I want my trust rating repaired.
Please.

Yeah you don't really come across as so contrite in your dm to me, though:
Hi, your idiot. I am reporting you for false statement. You put a distrust on my file saying that I am promoting scam coin. That´s not TRUE. I candidate myself to translate their material, but I didn´t and I didn´t know they were scammers.
So, you seem to be the scammer here, making a false statement about people to damage their reputation.

It would probably be a good idea perhaps to start by deleting the post you made offering to translate for this scam and then try asking me to reconsider the rating, no?

BitcoinBus

Crypto is life !

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 01:15:29 PM

There is a big problem not with the reporting SCAMs , which I totally support, but with his methods. The same work that he has to FALSE reporting people of "Promoting scam coin", he should at least give a warning to the person first.
He gave me a negative trust because I candidate to make a translation for the coin not knowing it´s a SCAM, nothing else. Since I am a newbie here, I didn´t know where to check and see what coin is Scam or not. Not warning people, just giving them a bad rating for candidacy is NOT HONESTY. It´s easier to do, but very dishonest work. Since he is the POLICE for SCAMMERS, honesty should be a policy of his work, not this.
A fair WARNING, should guide his activity beforehand.
So he ruins people reputation for no reason, instead of doing his job the right way.

Please.
You better delet your posts abour that scam...
ismart1

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 03:59:32 PM

You don't exactly live up to your username given that you posted this TWO DAYS AFTER this scam had been exposed.

Please.

Hi, your idiot. I am reporting you for false statement. You put a distrust on my file saying that I am promoting scam coin. That´s not TRUE. I candidate myself to translate their material, but I didn´t and I didn´t know they were scammers.
So, you seem to be the scammer here, making a false statement about people to damage their reputation.

It would probably be a good idea perhaps to start by deleting the post you made offering to translate for this scam and then try asking me to reconsider the rating, no?

Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
ismart1

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 04:00:44 PM

First of all, I admit that I am suppose to learn more about how things work here, and I am just finding out of your comment that I can delete my request for translation from there.
Second of all, Yes I PM you even before I report you, and I said you I would because I was mad about your methods.
Third, you´re stating that I candidate to translate with the knowledge that the coin was a scam. That´s untrue, you have been reported in your past for promoting scam coin. Did you know it? Did you do do it on purpose? That´s why you assume that I would do it? And, where was the warning that the coin was a scam? Was in the thread itself? So, it´s a lot of questions that could be avoided with a simple message.
But you don´t take the trouble to warn people, do you? You just come to an assumption, and like the all powerful authority, you go out damaging people reputation without any concern.
So, if you want to do a POLICE job that I think it´s VERY VALUABLE and APPLAUSABLE, do it right. Don´t be a jerk up front, be fair. A simple warning would avoid all of that.
I am not a kid anymore, so I am here to be a scumbag, I value my reputation and what you did, made me really mad.
So, please repair my trust and I do it likewise.

ismart1

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 05:10:24 PM

Please.

First of all, I admit that I am suppose to learn more about how things work here, and I am just finding out of your comment that I can delete my request for translation from there.
Second of all, Yes I PM you even before I report you, and I said you I would because I was mad about your methods.
Third, you´re stating that I candidate to translate with the knowledge that the coin was a scam. That´s untrue, you have been reported in your past for promoting scam coin. Did you know it? Did you do do it on purpose? That´s why you assume that I would do it? And, where was the warning that the coin was a scam? Was in the thread itself? So, it´s a lot of questions that could be avoided with a simple message.
But you don´t take the trouble to warn people, do you? You just come to an assumption, and like the all powerful authority, you go out damaging people reputation without any concern.
So, if you want to do a POLICE job that I think it´s VERY VALUABLE and APPLAUSABLE, do it right. Don´t be a jerk up front, be fair. A simple warning would avoid all of that.
I am not a kid anymore, so I am here to be a scumbag, I value my reputation and what you did, made me really mad.
So, please repair my trust and I do it likewise.

I deleted my post on that thread, I don´t support scams, mostly because I don´t want to be scammed either

Aventhe

Activity: 322
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:18:43 AM

ismart1, from what I can see from cryptodevil, he certainly has a lot on his hands. It is one of his main responsibilities to make this forum free of scammers so anyone could browse through it and invest with complete confidence and without a shadow of doubt that it may be a scam. (of course, that would be the ideal image). To do this, he has to ban all those who have been 'involved' one way or another. Who knows with all these hacked accounts who may be who.

Just be calm about it and discuss it in private with him if he has enough time. The best you can do is remove all the work you have connected to Karbon and then notify cryptodevil of your actions. I am sure he will be lenient if you provide a proper reason for it and have taken enough actions in removing your work. I would also suggest you also remove your negative trust from his profile. Remember, you can always give negative trust back if you are still mad.

Cryptodevil thanks for contributing to the community and we hope to see many more ICOs busted! Of course, it would be best if there were no scammers in the first place.....
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: