Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:20:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to run an Anarchy  (Read 17518 times)
myrkul (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 03:43:57 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2011, 03:59:34 PM by myrkul

Where is the love, man?
None if nobody is willing to help.
There is today, even if nobody is willing to help.
Resist your brainwashing. Taxation is not love.
also: Welfare is not love.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:35:53 PM

To the one in need it matters little if the help comes from the willing or the unwilling.
A drowning man doesn't care if you swam out to him because you're a nice guy or because I held a gun to your head. He will be saved, that's all that matters to him.

Taxation might not be love, but what you can do with it can be. Brainwashed? Oh, I see, you're the only one able to think for yourself while everyone else are brainwashed sheep.
Tell me, do you have to be an arrogant prick to be an AnCap, or is that optional? If it's optional I suggest you stop.

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 04:48:12 PM

To the one in need it matters little if the help comes from the willing or the unwilling.
A drowning man doesn't care if you swam out to him because you're a nice guy or because I held a gun to your head. He will be saved, that's all that matters to him.

Taxation might not be love, but what you can do with it can be. Brainwashed? Oh, I see, you're the only one able to think for yourself while everyone else are brainwashed sheep.
Tell me, do you have to be an arrogant prick to be an AnCap, or is that optional? If it's optional I suggest you stop.

Hmmm...
Double quotation, calling me an 'arrogant prick'...

Yeah, I think I touched a nerve.

Frankly, I am not obligated to help someone. I am not obligated to save a drowning man. Nor pay for the care of an AIDS baby. If you feel that it is so important that this person be helped that you are willing to threaten my life to get it done, do it yourself.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
JA37

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 05:33:32 PM

Hmmm...
Double quotation, calling me an 'arrogant prick'...

Yeah, I think I touched a nerve.

Frankly, I am not obligated to help someone. I am not obligated to save a drowning man. Nor pay for the care of an AIDS baby. If you feel that it is so important that this person be helped that you are willing to threaten my life to get it done, do it yourself.

Not really. Just pointing out that falsely assuming that someone's opinions are the result of "brainwashing" or not being able to think for themselves is very arrogant, and arrogant people are pricks, you know that as well as I.

Way to miss the point by the way. I was talking about if your reason for helping someone matters to the person being helped. It doesn't.

Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 05:45:39 PM

Way to miss the point by the way. I was talking about if your reason for helping someone matters to the person being helped. It doesn't.

I got your point. I just don't care. It matters to me why I helped the guy. If I helped them because someone held a gun to my head, I've been extorted, no less than if I was forced at gunpoint to hand over cash to a mugger.

JA37

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 05:57:54 PM

I got your point. I just don't care. It matters to me why I helped the guy. If I helped them because someone held a gun to my head, I've been extorted, no less than if I was forced at gunpoint to hand over cash to a mugger.

It'd be interesting to watch you in a similar situation.
"Oh darn, I seem to be drowning, but I wouldn't want anyone to be coerced into helping me, so I'll just drown here in peace".  Wink

myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 06:07:55 PM

Let me restate my position:

When a man is drowning, a bystander who is good will jump in and help.
an evil bystander will force another to jump in and help.

I say again: If it matters that much to you, do it yourself.

AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 07:49:11 PM

AyeYo:  It seems like you have to stop at some premise and either attack it's logic or accept it, because otherwise you slide into infinite regression.  For example, I could say that the natural law that "all men own their own bodies" derives from the fact that all organisms deserve a chance at life, and in order for them to do so they must decrease entropy locally which requires economic ownership of not only their lives but resources around them.  But then you could ask me to prove that all organisms are entitled to a chance at survival.  I can't prove that.  It is an assertion.  The best I could do would be to say that by living you implicitly agree with my assertion.  However, then you could argue that only some organisms have a right to a chance at life. 

See, you've presented an argument for the claim made.  NOW we have somewhere to start from, and you've even gone a few steps ahead.  MoonShadow didn't want to do this because it leads to a dead end for him, so instead he just kept on the chant of wanting me to prove a negative.

Now...
I'll counter your idea of a "right to life" with the fact that life is taken away by forces out of our control ALL the time.  If there is a natural law that says living beings have a right to life, then nature wouldn't be constantly and arbitraritly taking that life away.  Natural laws CANNOT be disobeyed.  The laws of physics CANNOT be ignored.  The laws of mathematics CANNOT be altered.  If there was a natural law granting a right to life, nothing would ever die.

And I guess that it's impossible to fly, since there is a natural law that we call "gravity", huh?

See, I can pull your bullshit too.

No even remotely close, not ballpark, not even universe.

Flight is accomplished by use of the LAWS OF PHYSICS to OVERCOME the force of gravity.  It is NOT accomplished by violating the law of gravity.

Keep trying though.  I'll keep laughing.  Cheesy

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
AyeYo

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 07:50:30 PM

I'll counter your idea of a "right to life" with the fact that life is taken away by forces out of our control ALL the time.  If there is a natural law that says living beings have a right to life, then nature wouldn't be constantly and arbitraritly taking that life away.  Natural laws CANNOT be disobeyed.  The laws of physics CANNOT be ignored.  The laws of mathematics CANNOT be altered.  If there was a natural law granting a right to life, nothing would ever die.

You've actually made the best argument against a positive right to life I have ever seen.

That said, I counter it with a negative right to life: I have the right to not be murdered before my naturally decreed time.

Oh yea?  Says who?  Prove it.  Someone can murder you right now and where'd that right go?  It's not a natural law if you need to fight to maintain it.  We don't need to fight to maintain the laws of thermodynamics.  Roll Eyes

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
JA37

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 07:53:56 PM

Using your definition of good and evil bystanders:
If you were drowning, and there were no good bystanders, would you like to have an evil bystander present?

AyeYo

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 07:56:26 PM

Now...

What you are arguing is not natural law and has little to do with natural law.

Natural law is not the laws of physics.  Natural law has a specific meaning with regard to philosophy and the rights of people.  In this specific definition it is understood to be an axiom, which can be accepted or not, and it cannot be proved or disproved.

Since you seem so skilled at looking up stuff on Wikipedia, why don't you start there, rather than vomiting your ignorance all over this thread.

I'm well aware of that.  And this fact, basically by definition, means that "natural" rights are in fact not natural at all, but a construct of society and only have meaning if excepted by that society.

As already pointed out, anything truly natural exists with or without people there to fight for its existence.  If I don't force society to grant me the right to not be murdered, then I do not have that right.

myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 08:03:23 PM

Using your definition of good and evil bystanders:
If you were drowning, and there were no good bystanders, would you like to have an evil bystander present?

At the time, you're right, I wouldn't care. I certainly wouldn't refuse the assistance!

After the fact, I would support and bear witness to any claim that the 'neutral' bystander who was forced to help me had against the 'evil' one.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 08:21:33 PM

Flight is accomplished by use of the LAWS OF PHYSICS to OVERCOME the force of gravity.  It is NOT accomplished by violating the law of gravity.

Oh, I'm sure that you have been laughing the whole time, I doubt it not.  That is, after all, the primary motive of agitators like yourself.

Just keep laughing.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
AyeYo

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 08:23:49 PM

Oh, I'm sure that you have been laughing the whole time, I doubt it not.  That is, after all, the primary motive of agitators like yourself.

Just keep laughing.

How about addressing the point?  Lots of personal attacks, lots of troll calling... not much substance.

vector76

Activity: 70
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 08:49:42 PM

Natural law is not the laws of physics.  Natural law has a specific meaning with regard to philosophy and the rights of people.  In this specific definition it is understood to be an axiom, which can be accepted or not, and it cannot be proved or disproved.

Since you seem so skilled at looking up stuff on Wikipedia, why don't you start there, rather than vomiting your ignorance all over this thread.

I'm well aware of that.  And this fact, basically by definition, means that "natural" rights are in fact not natural at all, but a construct of society and only have meaning if excepted by that society.

As already pointed out, anything truly natural exists with or without people there to fight for its existence.  If I don't force society to grant me the right to not be murdered, then I do not have that right.

You can't redefine words to mean whatever you want them to mean, and still have a meaningful discussion.  You could argue that it is improperly named, but you can't redefine natural law to mean something else and then argue against that other thing which is not what people are calling natural law.

AyeYo is effectively saying, "What you are calling 'rights' I interpret as unicorns, and unicorns do not exist!  Or at least the burden of proof is on you to show that unicorns exist."

If you want to argue that might makes right, you are free to argue that, but please don't call it natural law or unicorns or some other thing which does not mean what you want it to mean, even if you pay it extra.
AyeYo

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 08:59:40 PM

You can't redefine words to mean whatever you want them to mean, and still have a meaningful discussion.  You could argue that it is improperly named, but you can't redefine natural law to mean something else and then argue against that other thing which is not what people are calling natural law.

AyeYo is effectively saying, "What you are calling 'rights' I interpret as unicorns, and unicorns do not exist!  Or at least the burden of proof is on you to show that unicorns exist."

If you want to argue that might makes right, you are free to argue that, but please don't call it natural law or unicorns or some other thing which does not mean what you want it to mean, even if you pay it extra.

As already stated, I'm well aware of the concept of natural rights.  As I just pointed out in the last post, the concept is extremely flawed for multiple reasons.  

It's accepted by many people because on the surface it appears reasonable - most European and Asian based societies seem to share the same ideas of morality in spite of their separate origins.  However, when you start to examine the practices of native societies in other areas, what appeared to be the obvious truth of natural rights suddenly vanishes.

Here's is the bottom line, as it has always been:

The truth of natural rights is not the issue at hand. The issue at hand is that libertarianism FORCES those that do not agree with it 100% to nevertheless abide by its rules.  You attempt to justify this by saying it's based on some "natural law" and "natural rights", but the fact of the matter is that not everyone agrees with you, in fact most don't.  No matter how you want to spin your belief system, no matter how you redefine words, no matter how arbitrary you are with your application of standards, the bottom line will always remain the same: your belief system is hypocritical because it is based on non-aggression, but it is inherently aggressive against those that do not subscribe to it.

myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 09:06:36 PM

No matter how you want to spin your belief system, no matter how you redefine words, no matter how arbitrary you are with your application of standards, the bottom line will always remain the same: your belief system is hypocritical because it is based on non-aggression, but it is inherently aggressive against those that do not subscribe to it.

Anarchy: We leave you alone, Whether you want it or not!

JA37

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 09:29:39 PM

At the time, you're right, I wouldn't care. I certainly wouldn't refuse the assistance!

After the fact, I would support and bear witness to any claim that the 'neutral' bystander who was forced to help me had against the 'evil' one.

You don't think that's a little hypocritical? Without the "evil" bystander you would be dead. You owe him your life, yet you would like to punish him for saving it.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 09:31:00 PM

You don't think that's a little hypocritical? Without the "evil" bystander you would be dead. You owe him your life, yet you would like to punish him for saving it.

What if the forced bystander died trying to save you, and you knew that he was forced to do so?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 09:36:19 PM

No, I owe the forced bystander my life. The 'evil' one committed an aggressive act against the person to whom I owe my life, so of course I would like to see that he is justly compensated.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: