Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:42:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [DISHONEST ICO] NATV underlying 'GIG' platform a low-traction one-man-band op.  (Read 546 times)
cryptodevil (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:52:08 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 09:40:49 AM by cryptodevil

Which ICO Scam does this concern?
The 'Native Currency' ICO

Their ICO announcement thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2119346.0

[EDIT]
*Update* Negative ratings removed following confirmation of the identity of the profile used as being legitimate.

Ongoing discussions taking place in thread seeking to resolve other concerns and issues. See post for details.

*Update2*
Concerns raised have yet to be sufficiently addressed. Jason Hoff is being offered one more chance to respond to the issues properly or the negative trust ratings will be restored.

*Update3*
With the ICO supposedly beginning tomorrow and evidence showing his dishonest representation of the GIGB2B.com platform as being more substantial an operation than it is, all the while it can be seen that he has chosen to release dozens of promotional copy-pasta articles for the NATV ICO only days before launch, I have chosen to restore the negative rating and scam accusation as there is an EXTREMELY HIGH RISK that the purpose of the ICO is, at best, a cynical dishonest cash-grab for a bare-frame website or, in light of the none-existent traction of the underlying GIGB2B.com platform, the to-date development costs for which amounts to a tiny fraction of the investment funding he is seeking, possibly an intentional deception to defraud investors through collecting substantial funds for which there is no escrow or oversight and which could then be siphoned off for his personal expenditure.

Our traffic isn’t significant
It is next to non-existent for a fledgling platform seeking millions of dollars through a token ICO which was only dreamed up a couple of months ago, Jason. The fan-boi newbies you've got posting in this thread are just the Indian freelancers chasing bounties, they aren't your staff, they aren't even unique to your platform.

The thing is, you haven't been quite as keen to promote gigb2b as you have your ICO and that does not bode well considering your somewhat dishonest spin on the size and scope of your platform.

You've made sure to get lots of copy-pasta articles in circulation promoting a multi-million dollar ICO. Trouble is, they don't really come across as honest when you're spinning the image of your platform to be something it is not, namely, an operation of size, scope and substance.

I’m sorry that you think we are rushing this project...There’s no reason for us to spend months marketing the project to outside investors
I don't think you are rushing gigb2b's development at all, but you sure as hell are racing forward with a multi-million-dollar ICO sale with barely any time between your flurry of newswire NATV promotional articles and the actual launch date. Many of these articles show they were published just FIVE DAYS AGO and you're intending to launch this Friday?!

There is no justification for doing that other than to take advantage of FOMO while making vague hand-wavy promises about how you'll use the funds. You've got no escrow, no oversight and the fact is you've got nothing really invested in gigb2b.com other than a few thousand dollars and a boatload of fake 'likes' on Facebook. What is to stop you misusing those funds? It wouldn't exactly be difficult for you to siphon off 'expenses' into your own pocket, considering you're running the business as the sole operator of it.

Speaking of which, you cite 'Native Currency LLC' as being the commercial vehicle through which you are operating, but I can't find any such incorporated company online. Which jurisdiction is it registered in? For that matter, 'GIGB2B Inc' doesn't seem to be pinging up on company registrar records, either.

We are not going to deceive anyone or try and dump tokens on any exchange.
LOL. You wouldn't have to dump NATV tokens, you're aiming to be in possession of many thousands of ETH. So that promise is just another specious straw-man.

Our community, our time and all of our hard work, and our Business Relationships are worth far more to me than that.
There is no "Our", Jason, there is simply YOU and a handful of freelancers who have registered on your just-another-freelancer-website and, as I said, they're not even unique to your platform as they got there only because they were already active on other freelance websites you were advertising a couple of jobs on!

You have single-digit social-media activity and sod-all traction but you've chosen to frantically ramp up your marketing for a multi-million-dollar ICO you only thought of a couple of months ago. The optics on this do not look good.

The only way you could possibly justify this ICO would be to have in place both an independent escrow to hold the funds AND to employ an independent audit company to oversee their expenditure. Given that you're potentially seeking many millions of dollars, I don't mean some Mom-and-Pop outfit from your former business associations, either, I mean a proper blue-chip firm.

Otherwise you're no different from any other sketchy "Trust me..." promise-merchant.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 12:34:37 PM

Don't forget the other account, from the previous thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2115039.0. Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1074943.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2002
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:50:20 PM

Why am i flagged as a hacked account, when all i did was do a bounty for translation?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 02:56:23 PM

Why am i flagged as a hacked account, when all i did was do a bounty for translation?
1)
Trust summary for btcltcdigger
This user recently woke up from a long period of inactivity.
2) You're helping advertise scams.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
btcltcdigger

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:20:35 PM

1)
Trust summary for btcltcdigger
This user recently woke up from a long period of inactivity.
2) You're helping advertise scams.

For 1)

Yes, I've been away for about 2 years, but if you check my activity, I've been back for the last month.
What does that have to do with anything?

For 2)

So you're saying that all the people who took activity in bounty campaigns get negative trust if this ICO turns out to be a scam?
I don't think that's fair.

I'll gladly remove my translation for an ICO scam, and disown the bounty.
I've been trying to keep a good reputation on this site, as doing bounties helps me financially to invest in crypto
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:51:02 AM

Hey you Devil Cheesy we need more of you around here, there are too many ICOs and 99.99% of them are not just scams but useless sh*tcoins.
When someone develops a cloud storage on blockchain then you'll see 5/6 other projects with the same idea but without any working platform/software. I think it's not enough to only have you busting such scams, there is gonna be some other way to speed up what you're doing.
btcltcdigger

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:07:14 AM

So, the scam allegation was debunked.

Can we get out trust sorted out?
cryptodevil (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:21:29 AM

I'm looking into this further and have said so in the announcement thread. It may well be that I was wrong about the profile being fake, but further investigation brings up serious issues regarding what is being claimed about this ICO and associated 'partners' to it which I will seek clarification on before deciding whether to withdraw the negative ratings.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
btcltcdigger

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:23:29 AM

I'm looking into this further and have said so in the announcement thread. It may well be that I was wrong about the profile being fake, but further investigation brings up serious issues regarding what is being claimed about this ICO and associated 'partners' to it which I will seek clarification on before deciding whether to withdraw the negative ratings.

Ok, that's completely fair
cryptodevil (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:52:59 AM

OP Updated to reflect the lack of reasonable response to the misrepresentation of the size, scope and substance of the underlying operation.

In light of the fact that the ICO launches tomorrow the negative rating has been restored to alert potential investors to the situation.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: