Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:05:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive BTCGarden AM V1 Setup [HD]  (Read 22313 times)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2542

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:50:25 PM

let me try a shoot in the dark on this topic.
Anyone still using a BTCgarden AMV1 X2 ?
I am having an issue, cgminer shows 343 accepted, but the antpool shows hashing at 1.54TH/s and 0
accepted.
I had a lot of Antminers in the past but all broke beyond repair, the only one that last is this BTCGarden.
I guess if no response back will have to open new topic.

I`d like to but they`re out of business. Can`t help with experience. What was the main problem with your Antminers, what broke them if you don`t mind the ask. Where to get ASIC chips to suit BTCGarden, got the build files & easy enough for a pcb house, but the main bits?

Cheers
Forget getting chips. The BE200 is long long long out of production. To the chip Foundries miner chips are boutique items and are produced in very limited numbers so zero chance of finding unused chips. Only hope is to find dead miners and harvest the chips from them.

As for dead Ants -- where are you running them? I have had over 100 of them from s1 up to the latest s9's and have had very very few problems even with my s9's. Zero dead ones. Ever. Bitmains R4, ja POS -- have 3 of them, 2 are perfect, 1 lost a hash board within 25hrs of starting.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:14:58 PM

I've sent more S9s in for repairs out of hosting than anything else. Just crossed 3 years of hosted miners in my current facility.

I also had a buttload of scrapped-out BTCGarden machines but I stripped useful parts and sent the rest to recycling at least a year ago, maybe more. Didn't keep the ASICs, didn't think there was much use for them since they run literally ten times the power of current gear. Did the same with a buch of AM Tube and Prisma boards - jeez those Prismas I parted out would have been good for something like 2000 chips.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
electrobits

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 09:14:23 PM

For what I see, whoever design the BTCGarden care more about quality and endurance than profit and did the boards design with more space between components and more heat sink cooling area making the miner to run cool, with less fan speed and noise making the fans to last longer.

What you mean by main bits?

That would be my thinking too. Thanks for sharing. Main bits was/is my reference to the ASIC`s working parts.

I have since seen some pictures, presumably of the BTCGarden board looks like they have Bitfury ASICs, but might be wrong. Undecided
smesterj

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:30:53 PM

Forget getting chips. The BE200 is long long long out of production. To the chip Foundries miner chips are boutique items and are produced in very limited numbers so zero chance of finding unused chips. Only hope is to find dead miners and harvest the chips from them.

As for dead Ants -- where are you running them? I have had over 100 of them from s1 up to the latest s9's and have had very very few problems even with my s9's. Zero dead ones. Ever. Bitmains R4, ja POS -- have 3 of them, 2 are perfect, 1 lost a hash board within 25hrs of starting.
[/quote]

I was running them from home with portable AC units on each one. in separate rooms.
At the end with the BTC value increase I get the invested money back but with the difficulty increase I am hesitating to buy another S9 and not get the money back before it crash.
I guess I have bad luck or maybe because I bought 1 at a time Bitmain just send units that were sitting there with no much care.
I can't see any link to order from the Bitmain website everything is out of stock.
electrobits

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 05:53:37 PM

I can't see any link to order from the Bitmain website everything is out of stock.

So it seems,but what other chip works with the BTCGarden unit. I have just been intouch with Bitfury, minimum order $500k around 72k ASICs (bit much considering would need a few hundred in any case to test out etc. before such an investment) looking at alternatives. Have just asked NXP, Renesas & Toshiba about ASICs, but then the design needs altering or start from scratch. (eagle parts foot prints etc. more work)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2542

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:25:39 PM

So it seems,but what other chip works with the BTCGarden unit. I have just been intouch with Bitfury, minimum order $500k around 72k ASICs (bit much considering would need a few hundred in any case to test out etc. before such an investment) looking at alternatives. Have just asked NXP, Renesas & Toshiba about ASICs, but then the design needs altering or start from scratch. (eagle parts foot prints etc. more work)
NONE. Miners are specifically designed to work with specific ASICs.
Mining ASICS are very much custom devices made per the design specs from Bitmain, Canaan, Bitfury et al. They are NOT generic devices...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
electrobits

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 05:24:46 PM

NONE. Miners are specifically designed to work with specific ASICs.
Mining ASICS are very much custom devices made per the design specs from Bitmain, Canaan, Bitfury et al. They are NOT generic devices...

NotFuzzyWarm that`s why you have "Legendary" status Grin, And the BTCGarden unit {zip folder schematics, etc} is pretty much a dead issue. Oh well guess I`ll go GPU. Thanks for the feedback fellas, appreciate it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: