Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:42:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Astrology Reading Audio File  (Read 1469 times)
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:17:59 PM

Hello all,

I had a professional astrology reading given by Adam Sommer (The host of the Holes to Heaven Astrology Podcast).
It is a 30 minute audio file and AFTER YOU LISTEN if you post questions here I'll forward a few on to him as this is part 1 of 2 (yet to come). I already have a few follow-ups in mind.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0Yof4QTY_z8SkdiTmw0UHkxZXc/edit?usp=sharing

This is for fun and I found it, thus far, quite interesting. If you don't have anything constructive to say, just leave it out please. This thread is NOT about the efficacy of astrology or the like. I do however look forward to some feedback and comments. If you don't need the images in your reply, please leave them out for ease of following the thread.

The charts he mentions are all below. Note - He uses equal sized houses so the charts are somewhat different than the others in Otoh's Astrology thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75955.0). Otoh and I came up with some questions and such to ask together though and we both agreed on the Dublin Chart.

I will donate $50 for the reading and Otoh will chip in $25 (Thanks) - $75 total. Otoh's part might be in BTC/LTC, don't know yet - that is up to Sommer to decide on. If you would like to chip in, here is my BTC address 1jTJiNgcyNoi8WJJ93nypT1v4UnMJLrdw and a Lite Coin address: LdNHBi1W7Gfoe7CT6LpiR88fT2jYXK85vW .

enjoy,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:34:47 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2013, 08:43:27 PM by Otoh

I've listened to the reading again & like it a lot, I haven't tried to list all the things that I like or agree with as I have less time than usual today, I did though like the emphasis on Bitcoin's "legacy, the children from this idea" - maybe this refers to Alternative coins like Litecoin who's chart I shall be most happy to commission & also Bitcoin's "longevity" in itself & through this.

I also liked the advise that to "hold your chips - don't gamble or speculate" is the way to go, I liked that he could see a strengthening through partnership "merging or holding hands with other entities" but a lot of caution needed in choosing these. As he is new to the btc concept perhaps to explain that it is in no way a corporation & that it has no stock either, but rather is a fully decentralized, open source P2P experiment.

I wondered if the explanation of Saturn at the bottom of the chart for the next two & a half years or so & being concerned with foundational work & getting the roots & basics correct may also relate to the forming & work being done by the Bitcoin Foundation, in which case that would seem apropos.

I shall be watching events & any news from the Bitcoin Foundation around the 8th of July when he mentions Saturn as going direct again.

Also the important transit of Pluto when it conjuncts Btc's natal Sun for some potential serious empowerment. I was likewise interested & in agreement with his seeing Jan to early April as being the most positive time of the years for btc & late Aug, Sept, Oct to be the more challenging.

The San Jose conference coinciding with Jupiter, Venus, Mercury being in gregarious Gemini & the progressive 11th house of Aquarius makes sense, then being joined by the Sun there too.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Idaho

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:19:25 PM

I'm glad it's a professional astrologer. I wouldn't want to hear what some bs-spouting charlatan had to say.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:50:47 PM

Professional is usually used to differentiate from an amateur or hobbyist status, who may be just as good but do not happen earn their living from that particular work whereas a professional often does, anyway it's  always reassuring to be getting input from a professional troll & not just some bs drive by one like you appear to be Mr I de Ho. Wink

Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:56:45 PM

Professional is usually used to differentiate from an amateur or hobbyist status, who may be just as good but do not happen earn their living from that particular work whereas a professional often does, anyway it's  always reassuring to be getting input from a professional troll & not just some bs drive by one like you appear to be Mr I de Ho. Wink

+1

Great Job on the troll kill!

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:31:42 PM

Here is part II of the reading, enjoy: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0Yof4QTY_z8SkdiTmw0UHkxZXc/edit

vokain - Tough question. I would say to listen to some online podcasts (if you search you can find some that are educational I would think). I learned at first by picking up a few small and concise books. You can also get some free software to give you another perspective. It really takes time is the main point and there are so many avenues you can go down along the way. You can of course use your personal chart and those close to you to better make sense of what you are learning. Hope that was a bit helpful.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
scooter

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:02:45 PM

The failure to take into consideration the Andromeda alignment in this chart makes it completely worthless.  Have fun losing your bitcoins.
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:38:09 PM

The failure to take into consideration the Andromeda alignment in this chart makes it completely worthless.  Have fun losing your bitcoins.

BTC = Black Swan.
Revelation 22:13

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:05:29 PM

Can somebody TL;DR this?
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:10:11 PM

Can somebody TL;DR this?

Two points:
1 - You don't have to read anything, it is an audio file.
2 - You have 20 posts...

BTC = Black Swan.

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:21:29 PM

Can somebody TL;DR this?

Two points:
1 - You don't have to read anything, it is an audio file.
2 - You have 20 posts...
I am simply requesting somebody to summarize the audio file for my benefit and others.
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:27:41 PM

My bad, was influenced by the prior "wise" comment.

All I have written down is what Sommer sent me from the 2nd part. I think there is a lot of truth to it, outside of the astrological interpretation. You should give the first one a listen though, it (they) are short.

Chiron:

With Chiron in the 7th with Neptune, it shows a general naivety, or innocene in the ways in which it presents itself to the world.  I'm not sure how many attempts there has been with the actualization of Bitcoin, or how many revamps of the company's presentation has been made, but this is where the journey starts.  Through a series of trails and tribulations, the perfect--or ideal--marketing strategy and image will reveal itself.

Lilith:

Being with Pluto in the 5th house, I feel that this aspect speaks straight into the heart of needing to create some sort of Legacy.  The Lilith both shows the powerful and wild potential here, but it also shows the tendacy to fall into guised intentions from forces outside of itself.  "the woman with the Red dress."  Don't fall for seductive offers.  Something like this.

The Uranus Saturn opposition is in most peoples minds - many focus on it. But what about the benefits of "working this out"?

Saturn in the 2nd house constricts and creates a very conservative approach to ones resources. This is great in relation to the opposition of Uranus in a few ways; 1. If you were to treat this aspect/chart as an entity, it shows lots of ups and downs in the history  of this entity.  Probably from taking lots of chances and having  its fair share of big gains (Uranus) and big loss (Saturn).  With Chiron transiting towards that Uranus in the eighth, it is my guess that something traumatic may happen, then a swing in the opposite direction, because of the lesson being learned.  Pray that Chiron heals the opposition and brings Bitcoin into Mastery!

Venus:

Exalted at 0 degrees, it shows the ultimate dream in its infancy.  Be careful of being over idealistic.  The Dream needs to happen slowly.  This is perhaps why Saturn is in the 2nd house.  The essential need of this Venus is to dream big and be content with what shows up.  Never stop attempting to manifest the craziest dreams.

Mars:

With the Sun in the 6th house, this is an Exalted Mars as well.  Both Venus and Mars.  Capricorn shows a powerful Will, that can change the world.  It wants to do this.  It just needs to learn patience.  Patience is everything here.  Waiting for the Piscean dreams to manifest, and to not lose the way because of the darkened thoughts of Saturn in the 2nd.

Moon in 9th - Where is Bitcoin comfortable and such

An Aries moOn in the 9th house means that it is comfortable exploring new territory.  To be a leader in a new field, spearheading in the world of alternative currencies and the like.  It is very important not to get out of control though.  An Aries moon is prone to making many mistakes for its impulsiveness.  Whats interesting though, is that the ruler of this Moon in Mars in Capricorn, which brings a great power to this Moon. But they are square…..meaning much friction is created between the two.  Compromise needs to be had between the Moon's comfort zone in leadership and Mars' desire for Service.  The question is: How to be an avant-garde leader while working with others and being of great service with the rest of the world.

Pluto  square moon - considering above

This weaves into what I said above, because Mars is conjunct this Pluto.  Gives a little bit more intensity and tells me it is the Soul intention of Bitcoin; to learn how to be a selfless collaborator in this field, cooperating and being of great service to the entire world! =)

BTC = Black Swan.

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:29:49 PM

Thank you. Smiley

Interesting.
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:42:41 PM

wanted to give this a try - but at 1:30 already is he referring to pluto as a planet?? pluto was ruled as a dwarf planet in 2006 and is clearly not a planet. sorry.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:50:01 PM

wanted to give this a try - but at 1:30 already is he referring to pluto as a planet?? pluto was ruled as a dwarf planet in 2006 and is clearly not a planet. sorry.

This is astrology & not astronomy, they work by different rules, Google can help you understand how this may work - if you can't be bothered to find out before making erroneous assumptions of how it's meant to be then just look at astrology as being more of an art than a science, though both are in a state of flux, evolution & development in any case.

Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:56:06 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 09:04:24 PM by Its About Sharing

In addition to what Otoh said, Pluto in astrology is one of the most POWERFUL planets out there. Evolutionary Astrology, which I am very familiar with, puts it at the center. I wouldn't try to use normal physics (e.g. - planet size) to explain astrology.

Don't let the size fool you.  Wink

BTC = Black Swan.
KSV

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 08:42:35 PM

interesting at the least. . . thanks for sharing

Trade Bitcoins @ FYB-SE ---> https://www.fybse.se
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 09:18:23 PM

In addition to what Otoh said, Pluto in astrology is one of the most POWERFUL planets out there.

powerful, yes... guess that explains how he managed to fluff himself up enough so that astronomers believed he was a big boy, a proper planet already.  Wink

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:12:19 AM

In addition to what Otoh said, Pluto in astrology is one of the most POWERFUL planets out there.

powerful, yes... guess that explains how he managed to fluff himself up enough so that astronomers believed he was a big boy, a proper planet already.  Wink

Exactly, just think of the things Pluto often represents:

Death
Sex/orgasm
Transformation
Regeneration
Abuse of power
Other peoples money
The part we hide from others
--------Those are some HEAVY things for a "planetoid". ehehehe

I think people think of astrology (since we don't know how it words - if we believe it works) in a mechanistic sense, meaning the larger planets affect us more and such. But, things like the nodes of the moon, if you follow that, have strong correlations to us and are not even physical things in the sky.

Anyway, this is for fun. We realize this is a speculation forum; we are just really taking speculation to a "physical" extreme here. And what the reading says, really goes along with my feelings on Bitcoin. Understand, the guy who did the reading - Sommer - had NO IDEA what Bitcoin was (I did give him a 15 minute primer). He was just reading the chart.

BTC = Black Swan.
wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:22:34 AM

this topic needs to be killed with fire
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: