Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:54:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China Blocking ICO?  (Read 3936 times)
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:38:19 PM

I do not think the Chinese government can block the ICO projects since this has been a global market and it is so promising that no one will try to stop it.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:55:06 PM

I don't know how they can do this. But as far as I know  know United states and Singapore citizens are not allowed to invest in ICOs (please someone correct me if I am wrong)
Does Any one know how can governments do this?
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:42:42 PM

China Blocking ICO? What do you think about this?
NEO Already reacted to this statement
I believe that what the governments want is compliance and not an outright ban. If NEO can find the right balance, citizens from both countries should still be allowed to participate in ICOs on NEO, with the added benefits (or downside, depends on how you look at it) of regulation.
CrypticGambit

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:44:44 PM

Yes they are blocking icos like usa did for Americans. Well this just gives more opportunity to europe Smiley

PenStand

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:50:28 PM

China is not blocking ICOs, but will regulate ICO for the reason that too many ICOs are just scam. And Europe will be the next. I think this is a good sign for having a better investment environment. 

colahenk

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:51:22 PM

Thought it was very bad news, but it turns out it's for the best!
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:28:21 PM

The market is reacting to the FUD by fear dumping NEO. Buy the fear. Anyone who bought that epic dump in the 600's had a chance to sell up into the 800s earlier and we're still sitting in the 700's. Once the FUD goes away and we are back to normal trading, people will realize it is still a very good project with a great future and the price will rocket up again. I doubt this news will impact further ICOs much. Regulation of this Chinese market means that we can get more reliable projects to invest into!

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
Inu.Guren

Activity: 379

homt.net

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:54:23 PM

i don't know about it, i just know this news from you OP

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:57:26 PM

I think it's a good thing.
Better companies, minimize scam.

No Signature right now...
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:32:26 PM

I think the Chinese people have lost from ICO, thus declaring blocking for ICO maybe the ICO they join a lot of swindlers. Hope can get back to normal without any blocking Wink

BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:34:41 PM

I saw the news on Coindesk as well. China has already forbidden very many financial products. However, the Chinese have always found a way to continue to invest. I think that is especially so in the anonymous area. If the ban comes, then certainly less coins will flow into ICOs from Chinese investors, but it will not have so much effect in my opinion. But generally more and more institutions all over the world try to regulate or ban ICOs.
kandholabhavna

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:38:34 PM

Its not like that they will be banning ICO's. Only working to regulate them the same way SEC did it in USA. Its a good thing for the long term if you think straight.

geac.xraekhurcoe

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 08:53:07 PM

I think the principle here is like Proof of Work for Security, by making it costly for registered companies to do ICO's it reduces scams and/or bad actors. But, keep in mind, scams comes from unregistered companies or from companies registered on protected "realms" like Switzerland so it's effectiveness is vague and depending on how costly it should become companies could rethink about the old IPO model again, so It can be more effective for damage limitation for the old model than actually preventing scams. On the other side everytime a Government talk about blockchain it is doing a major marketing campaign for it as the majority of people don't even know about bitcoin, altcoins or blockchains but usually listen when the Government talks about something, so overall it is bringing even more people for ICO's through their massive reach on media and public. Ultimately speaking decentralization also means unregulated and they can only regulate where there is a point of centralization like on centralized exchanges and their chambers of commerce where their companies are registered with. So this is just like psychology warfare where one party claim something unfeasible and hope the other parties have engaged enough fear from it that it works even it is impractical. In the end it has a real impact for amateur scammers and newcomers blockchain users but Ultimately it is unregulated by design.

҉ Planet QYBB   ҉
Danny Zen

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:00:57 PM

I'm just curious to see where NEO is going to go from here. It has definitely had a dip, but not a drastic one.
jerkoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:11:15 AM

Well they haven't but they might, not may Cheesy I briefly read the post today via LinkedIn and what I understood was that if the proposed regulatory strategy doesn't work and if ICOs continue to be a kinda threat to the country or its economy, then a step to ban all ICOs might be plausible. But how will this banning thang work? That I have no freaking idea Cheesy
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:04:11 AM

China,Singapore,India Japan will release his own regulation regarding ico,for now i see Binance exch accepted some ico,s Sec regulations are not really regulation only warnings.To be honest lot of people will lost money on all those hypes.It is to big and for all industry will be good to be not suspected for money laudering

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
LakeBTC

Activity: 903
Merit: 1000

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 02:48:36 AM

The bigger picture here is that China is fighting hard against pyramid schemes and other sorts of financial fraud. ICOs are really a tiny part of this.

There's actually a lot of evidence that the Chinese national government is friendly to cryptocurrencies and financial innovation, including ICO.

We wrote a couple of blog posts about this. Links below. In summary: The Chinese government is very keen on risk management. They will go after the bad guys, but they will also give the good guys some space to work. Legit ICO projects should have nothing to worry about.

https://medium.com/@andrew.mccarthy/icos-based-in-china-a-concern-for-investors-1b4b3f244cfc

https://medium.com/@andrew.mccarthy/investigation-into-shanghai-blockchain-summit-national-crackdown-or-simple-misunderstanding-6e851fbf20ec

LakeBanker: Free Banking for the World     LakeBanker.com   Token Sale. Participate Now!
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:55:10 AM

I think every country has a different perspective on ICO. This is a reaction to the negative effects arising from ICO. Is there a possible way to have a negative effect due to the scam amount of ICOs being minimized? this requires cooperation and the same mindset.
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:00:09 AM

I think this is not a blanket banning of ICOs. Singapore is doing the same, right? But not really a total ban of ICOs. These are just regulations. Just to put ICOs in the right place and order. After all, any government should not just allow everyone to hold an ICO for the sake of making and gathering money and in the end the investors will end up seething in anger of the failed project. This is a timely regulation.
sweisbrot

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:53:41 AM

Hey guys,

I'm an American living in China for over 9 years (fully fluent and literate in Mandarin), and I'm deeply involved in the industry here.

I've got to say that the Chinese ICO regulation won't do anything to change the market except make the Chinese hungrier to invest in Western ICOs (which is my specialty).

The market will shift so that the ICO platforms in China will die, the Exchanges in China may take on fewer new coins, but the real important thing is that if the Western companies want to get Chinese investors, they'll have to design a Chinese landing page for them to directly invest through (and then my company can promote through our circles in China)!

ICO Regulation won't change the industry much for us small folk.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: