Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:24:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 20076 times)
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 01:12:38 AM

seems online banks get hacked frequent enough and it isn't the end of the USD yet Tongue
If people paid you in bitcoins for a product, you need to ship that product regardless if you are now out of the money.
It isn't their fault your security was lax.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 01:14:08 AM

seems online banks get hacked frequent enough and it isn't the end of the USD yet Tongue
If people paid you in bitcoins for a product, you need to ship that product regardless if you are now out of the money.
It isn't their fault your security was lax.

The USD is crashing!  SELL ALL YOUR USD!!!

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 01:16:13 AM

Can you provide the details of how you were hacked for the benefit of the community? And if you'd like, include the actual IP addresses and times of the attacker (remove your own IP address if you want) so that perhaps the attacker can be identified and if the attack source was itself compromised, appropriate notifications can be sent. This will also help people to believe you, if you care about that.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
BeeCee1

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 01:20:44 AM

Because it was reasonable to foresee that a hack was possible (anybody read the news), OP can't claim it's all the hacker's fault.

Yeah, and if a thief breaks into your house, you can't really blame the thief because you know that locks can be picked, it's partly your fault for not staying in your house all the time with an automatic weapon.
SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 01:22:48 AM

be careful. In the states if a thief falls through a skylight and lands on a knife, you could be held liable. Doesn't really apply for bitcoins, but still funny.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
bitcoinminer

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 01:23:01 AM

Because it was reasonable to foresee that a hack was possible (anybody read the news), OP can't claim it's all the hacker's fault.

Yeah, and if a thief breaks into your house, you can't really blame the thief because you know that locks can be picked, it's partly your fault for not staying in your house all the time with an automatic weapon.

But if 5 of your 10 neighbors say "I left the door unlocked and I got robbed this weekend", and the cops tell you "Lock your doors" and you dont, then you go to the cops and say "I got robbed!  I left my door unlocked, but you didn't stop them! The police department should reimburse me, as should all of my neighbors!"

-Warren Buffett
tito13kfm

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 01:34:59 AM

I CANNOT AFFORD TO USE ANY KIND OF ESCROW SERVICE BECAUSE I PUT CASH DOWN TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN AND I NEED TO GET THIS CASH BACK.

Christ, a sucker is born every minute.
bitcoinminer

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 01:38:24 AM

It was probably one of the people you sold the video cards to.

-Warren Buffett
tito13kfm

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 01:52:41 AM

Hello Thomas,
You are a network Admin at CNY-Media in Hannibal New York.
You should know what a log file looks like, and you should be able to prove this hack with little effort.

The buyers have your name, phone, address, business address, facebook account, etc.

I'd suggest refunds all around.

Good day.
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 01:55:26 AM

Assuming this is legit, I'm really sorry for your loss. 

security problems are going to be the end of bitcoin.

I agree.

Some of you need to relax.

Do you think bitcoin is the first financial system ever to experience hacker attacks?

Check your security and give it a rest.
BeeCee1

Activity: 115

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:01:05 AM

But if 5 of your 10 neighbors say "I left the door unlocked and I got robbed this weekend", and the cops tell you "Lock your doors" and you dont, then you go to the cops and say "I got robbed!  I left my door unlocked, but you didn't stop them! The police department should reimburse me, as should all of my neighbors!"

I just re-read the thread and I don't see the place where he asked for me or anyone else to reimburse him.

I look at it this way, if 1 of your neighbors says "I had the house locked and someone still broke in" I'll be more careful,  If 5 of them say it I'll be even more careful (like change my locks), each report I hear I'll increase my vigilance.  It is very useful to hear about them to get an idea of the magnitude of the problem.  If, after all that, I still get my house broken into, I'll tell my neighbors and it is still the thief's fault.
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:05:03 AM

Hello Thomas,
You are a network Admin at CNY-Media in Hannibal New York.
You should know what a log file looks like, and you should be able to prove this hack with little effort.

Well that's certainly interesting.

Did an employee of a New York based online reputation management firm just happen to scam a bunch of people out of their Bitcoins?

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:06:43 AM

i am going to get sued because some hacker scum bag

He's already telling everyone he isn't planning to pay back. He is outright lying about this obviously imo. I wouldn't trust this guy. I knew it was going to end badly when I saw the ad. Too bad people lost hard earned btc over this. I'm 100% sure he isn't paying back anyone.
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:07:11 AM

screenshots or it didn't happen

Be humble!
netrin

Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:12:25 AM

I just re-read the thread and I don't see the place where he asked for me or anyone else to reimburse him.

Yeah, people are quick to jump on him. We can speculate about his motives about any number of imagined facts.

I am curious about the distribution of Linux, what services were running, how many users, type of networking (wifi?), how often the system is updated, and (since I assume the password has been changed) what the password of the victims account was.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:13:48 AM

Obviously trying to run with 400BTC making this public to look like he was robbed.

Not one single reply after his initial fud post.

I hope the people who gave you 400BTC (if this is even true, might just be another BTC hater) come after you.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Alex-Z

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:17:48 AM

So is this a (poorly) hatched ruse to cover your ass when you start getting questioned by the people you stole from?

Or is this a legitimate case of poor security resulting in coinage loss.

Stay tuned to find out!
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:21:25 AM

I lover these threads

lots of vengeful bitches, painting targets on themselves,
who probably deserve to get haxooorrrr'd

xD

have some compassion or get off the internetz.

Valhala muthafukin RISING.

tito13kfm

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:24:56 AM

Yeah.. Um.. I scare myself sometimes.

Be glad I wasn't the one who got ripped off.

I have his
Full name
Address
Phone
Place of business
Church
Wife's name
Kid's names
And plenty more...

Lol, um yeah.. I'm just gonna stop now before the cops start questioning me.

Lol, make that your joomla admin name and password too.
lemonginger

Activity: 210

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:26:07 AM

security problems are going to be the end of bitcoin.

I agree with this. Or at least are the single largest problem facing the community at the moment.

BUT this post seems fishy as hell.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: