Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:39:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 20076 times)
psyborgue

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:26:35 AM

So is this a (poorly) hatched ruse to cover your ass when you start getting questioned by the people you stole from?

Or is this a legitimate case of poor security resulting in coinage loss.

Stay tuned to find out!
Who cares.  Either way he should pay the money back.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Icy-

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:27:46 AM

security problems are going to be the end of bitcoin.

I had almost 400 btc in my wallet on my linux box today. Someone was OBVIOUSLY watching the forums and either hacked me today or already had me hacked.

I had a very public LARGE business deal going and someone STOLE ALL OF THE BTC !!!!!

I was selling 10 XFX 6990's , I had 4 different buyers and I am completely screwed now!!!!!!

this is crazy, I really do not know what to do. i am going to get sued because some hacker scum bag

i was holding 400 btc of other peoples money and I was hacked today.

I have known this for hours but am just going public with it now. I really dont know what to do.

someone hacked my linux box and transfered out all this btc to some other accounts

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

i am ruined.

at least if you keep real money in your house and someone tries to break in and steal it you can fight them off
but these hackers are sneaky as fuck i dont know what to do im like totally freaking out right now!

yeah cause fighting someone is safer than just securing your system  Roll Eyes
Alex-Z

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:29:40 AM

i am going to get sued because some hacker scum bag

He's already telling everyone he isn't planning to pay back. He is outright lying about this obviously imo. I wouldn't trust this guy. I knew it was going to end badly when I saw the ad. Too bad people lost hard earned btc over this. I'm 100% sure he isn't paying back anyone.

Yes, it seems as if hes trying to gain pity from the forum but at the same time sort of incriminating himself further.

I love this
Alex-Z

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:30:37 AM

So is this a (poorly) hatched ruse to cover your ass when you start getting questioned by the people you stole from?

Or is this a legitimate case of poor security resulting in coinage loss.

Stay tuned to find out!
Who cares.  Either way he should pay the money back.

Without a doubt, he should.  I dont see why others should suffer due to his negligence, thats *IF* his story is true
Batouzo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:31:34 AM

this is crazy, I really do not know what to do. i am going to get sued because some hacker scum bag
i am ruined.

No problem.

ROLL BACK the steal.
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:32:39 AM

He shouldn't worry about being sued but charged with grand theft/larceny interstate wire fraud etc.
Because I would be looking into pressing charges if it was me who sent coins for goods and didn't receive.
Not to mention some concerned forum users who know more about him than he knows about himself it looks Wink

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:47:16 AM

Lol, make that your joomla admin name and password too.

Let's assume you are not joking:
He is a network Admin at CNY-Media and you already have his "personal-site" Joomla admin login name and password?
Hope is employer doesn't see this thread...

Icy-

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:52:10 AM

whats your bitcoin address? ill lookup the ip any coins were sent to

oh wai

it was you so you wont do it
tito13kfm

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:55:59 AM

He is a network Admin at CNY-Media and you already have his "personal-site" Joomla admin login name and password?

Not like I have done anything with it or plan to.  He's been advised in public about what I and many others know in case he plans on running away with the coins and cards.

I believe in my heart that this God fearing individual will see the mess he has gotten himself in to and will do the right thing and refund his buyers or ship out the merchandise.

If not, I have it on file in case the buyers want to pursue further legal action.
nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:59:50 AM

I know this comment adds absolutely nothing to this thread, but I can't help it so here it goes: What a fucking loser.
Icy-

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 03:01:26 AM

I know this comment adds absolutely nothing to this thread, but I can't help it so here it goes: What a fucking loser.

+1

and a scammer
XX55XX

Activity: 62

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 03:05:05 AM

I find it hard to imagine that a single computer on the Internet could get hacked.
Capitan

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 03:05:05 AM

security problems are going to be the end of bitcoin.

I had almost 400 btc in my wallet on my linux box today. Someone was OBVIOUSLY watching the forums and either hacked me today or already had me hacked.

I had a very public LARGE business deal going and someone STOLE ALL OF THE BTC !!!!!

I was selling 10 XFX 6990's , I had 4 different buyers and I am completely screwed now!!!!!!

I have known this for hours but am just going public with it now. I really dont know what to do.

someone hacked my linux box and transfered out all this btc to some other accounts

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

i am ruined.

at least if you keep real money in your house and someone tries to break in and steal it you can fight them off
but these hackers are sneaky as fuck i dont know what to do im like totally freaking out right now!

There is nothing you can do. Once the bitcoins were in your possession their security was your responsibility. Just like if people pay you cash for video cards, and you get robbed on your way home, the guys who bought the video cards have nothing to do with you being robbed. You are still responsible for sending the video cards. I feel for you and it really sucks that this happened (assuming your story is true, you never know, because this message board seems to be filled with trollers and dishonest types). But, if it's true, I hope you aren't posting here looking for sympathy and that you aren't going to try to back out of the deal to sell the cards. You should still send them.
Hello Thomas,
You are a network Admin at CNY-Media in Hannibal New York.
You should know what a log file looks like, and you should be able to prove this hack with little effort.

The buyers have your name, phone, address, business address, facebook account, etc.

I'd suggest refunds all around.

Good day.

Why would he do refunds, and not simply send them the cards? Or did he not own the cards to begin with? Was he acting as a middle man, purchasing the cards using the bitcoins the people sent him?
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 03:08:00 AM

Now would be a good time to seek some Mediation or other non-court dispute resolution, because, if this goes to court, OP, you're hosed either way.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Anduril

Activity: 92

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 03:12:00 AM

If not, I have it on file in case the buyers want to pursue further legal action.

It'd be interesting to see if anyone sues. Unjust enrichment may apply here.
Icy-

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 03:13:28 AM

**I buy graphics cards from you on ebay  Cheesy
**You get them stolen after I buy.  Undecided
**You should keep my money?  Roll Eyes
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 03:14:08 AM

Not like I have done anything with it or plan to...

Oh I know, It's just ironic since he's a network admin who should be good with security.

Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 03:16:14 AM

This is most definitely a scam, and I have proof.

Yesterday, he pointed out in a support request that about 230 BTC in this address was his on behalf of his customers:
http://blockexplorer.com/address/16k6KeqY13MEwXCKa6uMWvsg7Bmqq1TzXb

Thus far:
35.5 BTC haven't moved
At MINIMUM 78 BTC was change that is still in his control (if it was the other way around, it was 150)

That's 113.5 BTC that the thief decided to just leave. Yeah... BULLSHIT!

bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 03:18:42 AM

OMGz my bitcoinz got losted or stolded or something!!!!11!!1!

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
Icy-

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 03:19:51 AM

This is most definitely a scam, and I have proof.

Yesterday, he pointed out in a support request that about 230 BTC in this address was his on behalf of his customers:
http://blockexplorer.com/address/16k6KeqY13MEwXCKa6uMWvsg7Bmqq1TzXb

Thus far:
35.5 BTC haven't moved
At MINIMUM 78 BTC was change that is still in his control (if it was the other way around, it was 150)

That's 113.5 BTC that the thief decided to just leave. Yeah... BULLSHIT!
http://www.yorkblog.com/biz/img/Stealing%2004.jpg
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: