Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:13:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Buckets - A game with a winning strategy! 1 BTC GIVEAWAY, 0.3 BTC LEFT.  (Read 9691 times)
i3lome

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:27:17 AM

If you pm me an email ill send you the files if you want them, I think the host I uploaded to done something cause it seems pixely. The originals look better, let me know what you think.

Edit, green looks bad the original isn't like that

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitshy (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:34:07 PM

Wow, that's amazing! I'll PM you.
i3lome

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:20:25 PM

Sorry brother about the delay just got back intown from a road trip, I emailed you the buckets. my email is i3lome@gmail.com
LottoPool

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:28:08 PM

Lets get some rounds in tonight people.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:42:52 PM

Red just dumped... someone refill it!

I can see that I'm going to get addicted to this game.

i3lome

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:49:13 AM

Red just dumped... someone refill it!

I can see that I'm going to get addicted to this game.

This game is awesome we need more people to play so we can make more off it. Im totally addicted to this game too
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:09:39 AM

This game... is amazing. Seriously. It's about time someone comes up with something fresh and new. I love the concept.

Need more people though... been waiting 20m+ for these buckets to flip and it's at 95% probability right now (one still isn't funded).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
001sonkit

Activity: 784

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 03:01:14 PM

Got on a first time on Green bucket from, being poured with red one's coin!

someone refill it? Tongue

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:24:46 PM

Hi everyone! I'm glad you are all enjoying the game!

Satoshi Buckets has been up and running for over 10 days! I haven't done any development for it in the last several days, and I'm going to perform only very minor updates in the next two weeks -- real life is taking over for now. I will still check the forums often!

When I come back, I will add a history tab to the page! Meanwhile, you can check the history by downloading the raw history file directly, or by clicking on each bucket to see the bucket's history.

If you have any further comments or suggestions, let me know here or via PM!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:50:51 AM

Hi everyone! I'm glad you are all enjoying the game!

Satoshi Buckets has been up and running for over 10 days! I haven't done any development for it in the last several days, and I'm going to perform only very minor updates in the next two weeks -- real life is taking over for now. I will still check the forums often!

When I come back, I will add a history tab to the page! Meanwhile, you can check the history by downloading the raw history file directly, or by clicking on each bucket to see the bucket's history.

If you have any further comments or suggestions, let me know here or via PM!

Do we actually get to watch the buckets fall? Sadly I've watched for a few hours sporadically but haven't seen it during the round-finish stage, Sad.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:03:52 AM

PROMOTION: The house cut has been reduced to 0.5% until June 9!

Do we actually get to watch the buckets fall? Sadly I've watched for a few hours sporadically but haven't seen it during the round-finish stage, Sad.

Sorry, but there isn't a falling animation. :-/
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:16:33 AM

I also made a first reddit post for Satoshi Buckets! If you want more people to come play, I suggest going in there and letting them know your thoughts!

I should mention that Chainsaw had the idea of reducing the cut. He suggested I get rid of the cut for a week. The 0.5% cut is as close as I can reasonably get to 0%, in order to make up for the server costs. Chainsaw also suggested I reduce the cut to 1% permanently. I think I might do that, depending on how much turnout we get from the Promotion.

What are your thoughts?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:01:54 PM

I also made a first reddit post for Satoshi Buckets! If you want more people to come play, I suggest going in there and letting them know your thoughts!

I should mention that Chainsaw had the idea of reducing the cut. He suggested I get rid of the cut for a week. The 0.5% cut is as close as I can reasonably get to 0%, in order to make up for the server costs. Chainsaw also suggested I reduce the cut to 1% permanently. I think I might do that, depending on how much turnout we get from the Promotion.

What are your thoughts?

Here's my 2 BTC:

1) Needs more falling animations, :p. Maybe it's just me, but I think being able to visualize what's happening (as opposed to a refresh that just updates numbers) is a good thing. Not sure how doable that is though...

2) The cut... 1% isn't bad, although I think I have a better way of handling it (although again I don't know feasibility about this either):

So my idea is to do two things: allow cheaper bets and reduce fees by decreasing payments that are going back and forth. To do this, you run an account system. The deposits you make go into the account. From here it doesn't matter if you want to put in 0.01 BTC or 0.000001 BTC since all the code is doing is handling the deduction/addition. The 0.01 BTC could be the "minimum deposit" and then you could have a withdrawal minimum or just charge the fees on that.

Now, this brings up two new concerns: security and trustworthiness (but honestly I wouldn't be so worried about the trust part. If I'm already sending 50 BTC it's not really relevant whether you're holding it temporarily or in an account, since either way I'd still be trusting you to send it back).

The decrease in transactions cuts down your paid transaction fees, and allowing people to do the smaller bets would make some more secure I think.

bitshy (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:36:23 PM

Here's my 2 BTC:

1) Needs more falling animations, :p. Maybe it's just me, but I think being able to visualize what's happening (as opposed to a refresh that just updates numbers) is a good thing. Not sure how doable that is though...

2) The cut... 1% isn't bad, although I think I have a better way of handling it (although again I don't know feasibility about this either):

So my idea is to do two things: allow cheaper bets and reduce fees by decreasing payments that are going back and forth. To do this, you run an account system. The deposits you make go into the account. From here it doesn't matter if you want to put in 0.01 BTC or 0.000001 BTC since all the code is doing is handling the deduction/addition. The 0.01 BTC could be the "minimum deposit" and then you could have a withdrawal minimum or just charge the fees on that.

Now, this brings up two new concerns: security and trustworthiness (but honestly I wouldn't be so worried about the trust part. If I'm already sending 50 BTC it's not really relevant whether you're holding it temporarily or in an account, since either way I'd still be trusting you to send it back).

The decrease in transactions cuts down your paid transaction fees, and allowing people to do the smaller bets would make some more secure I think.

1) Falling animations aren't a bad idea, but I'm terrible at graphics and animation. There's also a good chance that you'll miss the falling animation... Unless it only plays when you have the Satoshi Buckets tab active. Hmm...

2) I really like the idea of accounts. It would reduce the back and forth transaction fees, making it nearly costless to play. I'll have to think about it. I won't implement anything like this in the near future, however: it's a lot of work, and I have to focus on real life stuff right now. But I'll revisit the idea in some 15 days. There are a lot of cool things that could be done with accounts. But again, it's a new layer of complexity on an otherwise fairly simple game.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:15:46 PM

There are a lot of cool things that could be done with accounts. But again, it's a new layer of complexity on an otherwise fairly simple game.

Definitely. There are some people that like the prospect of playing without an account, but (at least for me) having the extra freedom makes it well worth having one. The account could even be as simple as using just your payment address and a password, so no usernames or anything are being given.

I hope everything goes well that you're dealing with in RL, as I look forward to seeing what you transform this game into, Smiley.

001sonkit

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 05:18:58 PM

Lol, 2 ppl is rallying the EV of the bucket with me, really like to know who is playing the bucket with me. All trying to get in the bucket before the EV goes negative

EV calc: http://goo.gl/K0vA9

LottoPool

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:26:18 PM

I'm in red bucket as we speak, address 1ba....
PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:30:47 PM

I'm on blue.

001sonkit

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 05:35:37 PM

FEATURE REQUEST!

Off-chain Transaction PLEASE. The transaction fee is much a burden for us with these kinds of micro betting. By the way, no one wants to spam the chain and pay for those crazy fees right?.

I am 1Casper, who bet with 0.0x1

I bet according to the expected value

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:45:57 PM

FEATURE REQUEST!

Off-chain Transaction PLEASE. The transaction fee is much a burden for us with these kinds of micro betting. By the way, no one wants to spam the chain and pay for those crazy fees right?.

I am 1Casper, who bet with 0.0x1

I bet according to the expected value

We already had a semi-discussion about it up above (on this same page). Using accounts so you aren't sending funds back and forth constantly. :p

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: