Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:40:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Buckets - A game with a winning strategy! 1 BTC GIVEAWAY, 0.3 BTC LEFT.  (Read 9684 times)
bitshy (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:36:05 AM

The blue bucket has made me so much profit so far Cheesy
Same! I can now afford to buy a mcdouble now for free!  Grin

Bwahahahah! The blue bucket finally fell, after a 15-round streak!

All buckets must fall ... eventually.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
scalar33

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:13:22 AM

The blue bucket has made me so much profit so far Cheesy
Same! I can now afford to buy a mcdouble now for free!  Grin

Bwahahahah! The blue bucket finally fell, after a 15-round streak!

All buckets must fall ... eventually.

Woohoo!  Down with the buckets!

62 Posts  BTC: 12UByjpZgQMV1j8Hg8KQuztGbmfb2aD5HM
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:09:11 PM

You should add a history of previous bucket falls on the game webpage, and perhaps estimate of when the next round will decide(assuming all buckets are funded).

I added a round timer! Also, history is now available (if you want it) at /live/history.csv. I'll figure out a way to incorporate this into the web page, later.
vlees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:16:10 PM

You should add a history of previous bucket falls on the game webpage, and perhaps estimate of when the next round will decide(assuming all buckets are funded).

I added a round timer!

Everytime I press F5 it just starts from 5:00 again.

BEEP BEP
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:47:09 PM

Everytime I press F5 it just starts from 5:00 again.

That is by design. The clock only measures how likely it is that a block will have fallen since you started waiting. If you refresh the page, it counts as if you've started waiting again. This is because a round will happen with the same probability at any given time -- the probability doesn't go up over time, only the cumulative probability.

By the way, you shouldn't need to press F5, ever. Satoshi Buckets updates the page automatically.

I think there is a slight bug in the clock code, but that isn't quite it!
BitDonkey

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:49:51 PM

Interesting game.
I think there are still some kinks to work out.  Like right now green bucket shows 0.02, which fell about 4 blocks ago according to the history file.  The history file shows subsequent blocks to be no play because green bucket is 0 according to the file.
It showed 0.02 before the green fall (on screen) but paid out like 0.01 just like it represented in history file. (I had/have the red bucket paid in)
Seems like the screen refresh is behind but the history file is probably accurate.
Interesting that when you add to the bucket though the screen shows it almost instantly.  FYI I don't see any pending transactions for the green bucket to account for the 0.02 on screen.
Keep up the good times with bitcoin!
i3lome

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:25:17 AM

Im loving this game, the only problem I have is I cant tell if I still have money in the bucket. I think I give enough time but Im sure I bet on multiple buckets a few times. Great game, maybe just need a little more advertisement. I'll probably link my signature to the page if your fine with that. Love the game been playing for the past 3 days
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:44:46 AM

Interesting game.
I think there are still some kinks to work out.  Like right now green bucket shows 0.02, which fell about 4 blocks ago according to the history file.  The history file shows subsequent blocks to be no play because green bucket is 0 according to the file.
It showed 0.02 before the green fall (on screen) but paid out like 0.01 just like it represented in history file. (I had/have the red bucket paid in)
Seems like the screen refresh is behind but the history file is probably accurate.
Interesting that when you add to the bucket though the screen shows it almost instantly.  FYI I don't see any pending transactions for the green bucket to account for the 0.02 on screen.
Keep up the good times with bitcoin!

Hi BitDonkey! Thanks for the feedback!

The totals shown on the website are for both confirmed and unconfirmed transactions (in order to give good up-to-date estimates on each bucket payout). When deciding how buckets actually pay out, only confirmed transactions are counted. (Otherwise the Satoshi Buckets would be vulnerable to a "man-in-the-middle" style attack, or even a double spend attack.)

This brings us to the green bucket. There is one unconfirmed transaction that has been messing with the green bucket's totals on the website all day long: b00ea9d1b3ba00c593ae1f76e6c522b699044834468e59c37d6dc348c919f903. This transaction hasn't been confirmed yet because the "transactor" didn't pay any transaction fee. From an administrative standpoint, there's little I can do (other than ignore every such transaction manually) since bitcoind doesn't tell me which transactions have paid transaction fees. However, there is a good incentive not to use transactions without transaction fees: it will take forever to be confirmed. Hopefully such transactions will not be common, or I will definitely figure out a way to ignore such transactions on the website.

Im loving this game, the only problem I have is I cant tell if I still have money in the bucket. I think I give enough time but Im sure I bet on multiple buckets a few times. Great game, maybe just need a little more advertisement. I'll probably link my signature to the page if your fine with that. Love the game been playing for the past 3 days

Hi i3lome! Great to hear you're enjoying the game! There's one way to see if your transactions are still in the buckets: click on the buckets to be taken to a list of transactions done to or done by the buckets. You can use this to check if your address is still in the running. Another way is to see if you've received 0.0005 for every 0.01 bet you made.

I would be super happy if you advertised the game in your signature! The game becomes more interesting if more people play it!

i3lome

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:23:46 AM

Thanks for the reply and information. IT helps out a lot. Link is in my signature. Keep up the good work, I also like the frequent changes, it show that this working means a lot to you. I will be a long time fan
scalar33

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:06:09 AM

Someone had 0.11 in red the other day, that was a nice pot.

62 Posts  BTC: 12UByjpZgQMV1j8Hg8KQuztGbmfb2aD5HM
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:17:35 AM

Someone had 0.11 in red the other day, that was a nice pot.

That would be me. Put 0.1 in it.
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:50:38 AM

I fixed the weird timer -- now it starts timing since the last block. So pressing F5 won't restart the timer.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:32:56 AM

Bitshy is an independent, anonymous software and games developer.

You are a bit shy Tongue
i3lome

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:04:49 PM

Has something changed, cause Ive lost .06 over that last day. Every bucket I fund drops right aways instant loose, so I tried to be smart and buy all 3 buckets, lost everything, didn't even get part of my own coin back. Not mad, disappointed a lil but still been advertising for you. Sad thing is im to the point where im too poor to play.
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:38:11 AM

Bitshy is an independent, anonymous software and games developer.

You are a bit shy Tongue

And I enjoy puns. :-)

Has something changed, cause Ive lost .06 over that last day. Every bucket I fund drops right aways instant loose, so I tried to be smart and buy all 3 buckets, lost everything, didn't even get part of my own coin back. Not mad, disappointed a lil but still been advertising for you. Sad thing is im to the point where im too poor to play.

Hi i3lome. I went and checked and it seems you have tripped into a bug! Playing in multiple buckets in a single transaction had a weird interaction. I fixed the bug now. If you look at these transactions, you'll see that the green bucket is returning money to the red bucket, rather than its backer (you, I presume). So I will reimburse you for the money you should have won in that time: 0.007. I'll bump that up to 0.01 as a sort of apology. Sorry. :-(

On the other hand, it seems you have also had a spat of bad luck. :-(

EDIT: Reimbursement sent.
i3lome

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:52:23 AM

Thanks for the reimbursment, Sorry about breaking it/giving you more work to do. I have been advertising for you will continue to do so, bad luck is normal for me. No worries will keep playing. Thank you
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:36:30 AM

Thanks for the reimbursment, Sorry about breaking it/giving you more work to do. I have been advertising for you will continue to do so, bad luck is normal for me. No worries will keep playing. Thank you

Actually I appreciate it! The only way to make the game better is to break it in new ways!
i3lome

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:24:26 PM

Hey brother, do you have a banner for your site. Id like to put it on my page and I have some banner advertisement that I would like to use to help promotoe your site.

Im not the best at graphics, but if you have some idea's I'd like to help. I think the only thing your page needs is graphics and advertisement and you will be off and running. I'll be goin out of town till Friday, Ill try and get you something before I leave tonight.
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:08:46 AM

Hi i3lome! I really don't have any graphics -- only the three buckets I hand-pixeled. Feel free to use those buckets if you make the banner! Take care. :-)

In other news, Satoshi Buckets has recently passed 50 rounds! I will post the stats in a little while.
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:21:55 AM

Satoshi Buckets has passed the 50 round mark!

In the last 50 rounds:
  • R has won 30 times, gaining ฿0.297 total.
  • G has won 32 times, gaining ฿0.309 total.
  • B has won 38 times, gaining ฿0.232 total.

Interesting trends!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: