Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:07:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BlockChain vs Internet boom  (Read 408 times)
Lovetrading (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:12:17 PM

What are the similarities and differences between the current Blockchain boom and Internet boom back in late 90's.
My guess, blockchain protocols (i.e. Bitcoin, ETH, Bitshare, WAVES) will grow faster than the combined value of the applications built on top it.  This is big change from the previous internet boom where investing in applications (i.e. Facebook, Ebay, Linkedin, ...etc) produced high returns whereas investing directly in protocol (i.e. TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP) technologies generally produced low returns.

Agree or disagree?  let me know your thoughts
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adChain

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:58:25 PM

In terms of the overall sentiment of the first Internet boom (and bust) I asked someone recently who was on the ground floor at that first wave and who is also here now during this blockchain wave. He said the undertones and overall energy around blockchain are remarkably similar to what he witnessed back in the 1990's. And he said a lot of the same familiar faces are popping up again. We are in for an exciting ride!
billyj111

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:02:45 PM

So fullness agrees with the author, since the situation in the market is very similar to the boom of dotcom

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:12:50 AM

What are the similarities and differences between the current Blockchain boom and Internet boom back in late 90's.
My guess, blockchain protocols (i.e. Bitcoin, ETH, Bitshare, WAVES) will grow faster than the combined value of the applications built on top it.  This is big change from the previous internet boom where investing in applications (i.e. Facebook, Ebay, Linkedin, ...etc) produced high returns whereas investing directly in protocol (i.e. TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP) technologies generally produced low returns.

Agree or disagree?  let me know your thoughts

I don't know. It seems like this particular wave has lasted a lot longer with a lot more energy behind it than the internet boom. Obviously the internet hasn't gone anywhere, but each change in the internet and each new technology led to a new boom, which transfer the energy from that last boom, to the next. Whereas, the cryptocurrency world is more isolated so all of that energy has remained within that one system.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
FarmerOak

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:46:38 AM

I know with every boom/bust people say "this is different", but I do feel this is different mainly because it's still hard the casual individual to participate. By the time the tech is easy enough to invest in for average people, we'll likely have some enormous projects doing great things. My two cents

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: