Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:44:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy  (Read 78545 times)
boo50

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

lux8.net

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:14:56 AM

Will be, it's only matter of time.
At the moment coins sold for only 2000sat, it's very low price, check any coin on equihash, all of them have a good price.
If we will see a good graphical wallet for Mac and Win by the end of ICO this coin have all chances to overtake most of equihash algo coins.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
votecoin.site (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 05:14:04 PM

A month passed since the release of VoteCoin and it is time for a little recap:

First month we were focusing all our resources mainly on developing software and VoteCoin network. Good news is that VoteCoin starts to gain momentum and more and more people (miners, investors, promoters) getting involved in the project. Seeing all these people taking interest in VOT opens good prospects for the future.

Here is summary of our accomplishments so far:

• We have successfully released fully functional VoteCoin core client: https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin
    Now anyone can send and receive VoteCoins (VOT)
  • We have successfully implemented Insight as a blockchain explorer web application service for VoteCoin: http://explorer.votecoin.site/
    Now anyone can browse through all VOT transactions, see mined blocks and see with their own eyes that VoteCoin network is stable and everything runs smoothly.
    Anyone can check Genesis block -  where we mined 10.000.000 VOT for the ICO. All 10 million coins are now sitting at this address and we are ready to start distributing them to all investors.
  • We have successfully opened official VOT mining pool with 0% fee: http://pool.votecoin.site/
    Now anyone with some technical knowledge and decent hardware can mine VOT on his own. We are pleased to see that more and more miners are joining and mining VOT, which helps to secure VoteCoin network.
  • We have released Official VoteCoin wallet for Windows (850MB): https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases/download/v1.0.11-win32/VoteCoin.standalone.Win32.zip
    You asked for it and we delivered! Starting now everyone using Windows can setup VOT wallet and start receiving or sending VoteCoins. It is not GUI wallet yet, it is only a text-mode server and client. The big size is due to the proving key which is included in the release, to make it simple for users to download and use.

There is still a lot of work ahead of us, to name a few:

• Our main goal is still the development of GUI wallet for Windows, Linux and MAC OS X. It is a hell of work, but we know it will be well worth it. The initial release should also include functionality for voting, crowd funding and much more.
  • We watch closely the latest developments in elliptic-curve cryptography and we are eager to implement new proving scheme algorighms to VoteCoin, for example the elliptic curve called Jubjub (to be included in ZCash too) which is efficient to perform operations on inside of zk-SNARK circuits. Rough estimate indicates 80% reduction of proving time, and a 98% reduction in memory usage, which is simply awesome.
  • We have started the enhanced account verification process on major exchanges Poloniex and Bittrex. This step is required to get VOT listed on these exchanges and as many of you know, this process can take long time.

We'd like to thank to all our supporters!
For all those who already bought some VOT in the ICO or who simply like the VoteCoin idea, please spread a word about us and recommend us to other investors. And for all those who haven't invested yet, it is now right time to do so. Seeing all our prospects we think we're selling cheap now. Keep in mind that the ICO ends in less than a month.
Have a nice day everybody!

VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy
ianj

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:47:41 PM

The initial release should also include functionality for voting, crowd funding and much more.

This is really exciting. Even if it is still in planning and not yet implemented, feel free to share how you think it might work and how you might implement it

I have some dev capabilities and would happily look at pre-alpha stuff. It doesn't have to work properly.

Even specs would be good
Supercoiner111

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:56:28 PM

A month passed since the release of VoteCoin and it is time for a little recap:

First month we were focusing all our resources mainly on developing software and VoteCoin network. Good news is that VoteCoin starts to gain momentum and more and more people (miners, investors, promoters) getting involved in the project. Seeing all these people taking interest in VOT opens good prospects for the future.

Here is summary of our accomplishments so far:

• We have successfully released fully functional VoteCoin core client: https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin
    Now anyone can send and receive VoteCoins (VOT)
  • We have successfully implemented Insight as a blockchain explorer web application service for VoteCoin: http://explorer.votecoin.site/
    Now anyone can browse through all VOT transactions, see mined blocks and see with their own eyes that VoteCoin network is stable and everything runs smoothly.
    Anyone can check Genesis block -  where we mined 10.000.000 VOT for the ICO. All 10 million coins are now sitting at this address and we are ready to start distributing them to all investors.
  • We have successfully opened official VOT mining pool with 0% fee: http://pool.votecoin.site/
    Now anyone with some technical knowledge and decent hardware can mine VOT on his own. We are pleased to see that more and more miners are joining and mining VOT, which helps to secure VoteCoin network.
  • We have released Official VoteCoin wallet for Windows (850MB): https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases/download/v1.0.11-win32/VoteCoin.standalone.Win32.zip
    You asked for it and we delivered! Starting now everyone using Windows can setup VOT wallet and start receiving or sending VoteCoins. It is not GUI wallet yet, it is only a text-mode server and client. The big size is due to the proving key which is included in the release, to make it simple for users to download and use.

There is still a lot of work ahead of us, to name a few:

• Our main goal is still the development of GUI wallet for Windows, Linux and MAC OS X. It is a hell of work, but we know it will be well worth it. The initial release should also include functionality for voting, crowd funding and much more.
  • We watch closely the latest developments in elliptic-curve cryptography and we are eager to implement new proving scheme algorighms to VoteCoin, for example the elliptic curve called Jubjub (to be included in ZCash too) which is efficient to perform operations on inside of zk-SNARK circuits. Rough estimate indicates 80% reduction of proving time, and a 98% reduction in memory usage, which is simply awesome.
  • We have started the enhanced account verification process on major exchanges Poloniex and Bittrex. This step is required to get VOT listed on these exchanges and as many of you know, this process can take long time.

We'd like to thank to all our supporters!
For all those who already bought some VOT in the ICO or who simply like the VoteCoin idea, please spread a word about us and recommend us to other investors. And for all those who haven't invested yet, it is now right time to do so. Seeing all our prospects we think we're selling cheap now. Keep in mind that the ICO ends in less than a month.
Have a nice day everybody!

Wow this is great news! Many thanks for the update!

boo50

lux8.net

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:00:15 AM

great news, community give a VOTE to you!

Moondoggie

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:39:02 AM

great news, community give a VOTE to you!

Hopefully we can make it to cryptopia/yobit and coinmarketcap to generate some more interest.
Everything seems to be progressing fast with active devs!
Keep up the great work.
YourMom420

Activity: 430

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:52:58 AM

ill mine once the wallet is easier. i cant get votecoin-cli to run even after sync. just opens than closes.
boo50

lux8.net

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:11:43 AM

yep, we need some readme or how to for win command line client.
a lot of users ask how to use it.

maybe someone will write a guide, maybe even myself  Smiley

punkoivan

Activity: 143
Merit: 8

https://nibirupool.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 06:27:52 AM

Thanks guys!

Waiting for huge development!

(And may be we don't need win how-to, at least for a couple of days? Wink )

But is there any difference between GNU/Linux command and windows?
If no, I can write some overview.

https://NibiruPool.com
Moondoggie

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:04:21 AM

Thanks guys!

Waiting for huge development!

(And may be we don't need win how-to, at least for a couple of days? Wink )

But is there any difference between GNU/Linux command and windows?
If no, I can write some overview.

Few days sounds good to me Tongue
boo50

lux8.net

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:16:22 AM

commands are the same, but people don't know how to work with command line.

here are a simple guide:
1) run votecoind.exe
wait till full sync

2) create a .bat like ones for a miner and put in:
for new address

Code:
votecoin-cli getnewaddress
pause

after you got address you can start mining, examples

Nvidia EWBF
:loop
miner --server votecoinmine.site --user your_wallet.worker --pass any --port 3333 --eexit 3
goto loop

AMD Claymore
:loop
ZECMiner64.exe -zpool stratum+tcp://votecoinmine.site:3333 -zwal yourwallet_.worker -zpsw pass
goto loop

3) for balance check create .bat

Code:
votecoin-cli getbalance
pause

4) send transactions

Code:
votecoin-cli sendtoaddress recieving_addr
pause

dukemc

Activity: 431
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:01:43 AM

Looks very interesting - we will take an eye of this coin and the develop of this coin.
danystatic

Activity: 235

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:20:24 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 05:49:05 AM by danystatic

I can php but not enough to build this coin, this is the project I was waiting for.

keep pushing disruptive technology while I hope to be alive to see this run ...
achkn

Activity: 183

Cryptobiosis

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:11:10 PM

UNOFFICIAL wallet
https://github.com/ianpjohnson/votecoin-swing-wallet-ui/releases/tag/0.68.6.votecoin

ianj

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:20:44 PM

@votecoin.site - any more information on how the voting stuff might work, in addition to the stuff in your white paper

I have "skin in the game" so it is interesting to see what happens and maybe even to contribute something

Specifically, how will you :
  • Model a vote subject/candidates in the block chain
  • Do you have voter allocations or can anyone vote for anything
  • What happens if you vote in excess of your allocation - does the size of your wallet decide everything ?
  • How are voting subjects created/maintained - a central repository, an address
  • How do you define a "fake" vote - for that you need to define a "legitimate" vote
  • How will you track non transparent votes to ensure they are legitimate
  • How will you implement proxy/delegated voting
  • Interesting idea on combining voting with crowd funding - care to elucidate ?

Also, is there any room for community input or discussion on this ?
And feel free to be technical - i have plenty more questions
Sikid

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:01:06 AM

When I try to run votcoin-cli it opens then  closes. I also tried running that guys .bat above and that also closes after I enter after the pause. I havent been able to get it open by using simply the cmd, I keep getting either path not found or "" not reconizable as an internal or external command, operable program or batch. Any idea what I'm missing here?
Yerba

Activity: 146

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:45:43 AM

When I try to run votcoin-cli it opens then  closes. I also tried running that guys .bat above and that also closes after I enter after the pause. I havent been able to get it open by using simply the cmd, I keep getting either path not found or "" not reconizable as an internal or external command, operable program or batch. Any idea what I'm missing here?

Well, i try to make it short:
1) Dont run votecoin-cli. Run votecoind instead it ( this one is daemon ).
2) Dont run bat file. Bat file contains shortcuts for commands . Run just command prompt instead it. Navigate to VoteCoin standalone Win32 folder. I hope You know how to use cd .. and cd commands in command prompt. When You are in VoteCoin standalone Win32 folder then just type vot and press enter. You will see brief help for commands. With vot addr command You can generate new address. Remember - bat file contains just shortcuts for commands. With votecoin-cli getaddressesbyaccount "" command You will see all Your votecoin accounts. You can insert shortcut to this command into bat file also. For example:
if "%1" == "accounts" (
   votecoin-cli getaddressesbyaccount ""
   goto exit
)
Next time just type vot accounts and voila. Smiley

heroeswill

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:26:16 PM

Hi all.

Can someone help me?
Can not send the coins to another wallet, do you have an example?

http://prntscr.com/gqsf05
Yerba

Activity: 146

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:15:56 PM

Hi all.

Can someone help me?
Can not send the coins to another wallet, do you have an example?

http://prntscr.com/gqsf05

Hi!

votecoin-cli.exe sendtoaddress "ADDRESS" AMOUNT

And thats it.
kaedcoin

Activity: 408

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:21:30 PM

Hi,

do you plan to add a bounty program ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: