Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:02:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SHIFT vs Substratum - battle to decentralize the web  (Read 3268 times)
CryptoPro3 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Money loves speed

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:59:10 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2017, 12:43:47 AM by CryptoPro3

What is everyone's thoughts on SHIFT vs Substratum in terms of decentralized web and hosting?

SHIFT:
https://www.shiftnrg.org/

Substratum:
https://substratum.net/technology/

I know SHIFT has been in the game for a few years, kinda flying under the radar while they work hard on development, but I recently came across the substratum ICO and it looks like they are trying to accomplish the same thing as SHIFT. However, it doesnt look like Substratum offers anything that SHIFT is already not doing...

I believe Substratum is an eth based token, and SHIFT is it's own blockchain, that originated as a fork from Lisk (LSK) code.

My vote goes to SHIFT, a project that has been around long before all this ICO hype - they are soon redesigning their website/whitelist and deploying a new marketing campaign. Plus they have a small marketcap and a lot of room to grow, with only 11 million tokens.

What are your thoughts?

▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬WAVES▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
THE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEED
▩▬ DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE ▬▩
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoPro3 (OP)

Money loves speed

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:09:09 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2017, 12:22:51 AM by CryptoPro3

Shift is the coin I most often see in this forum when people ask potential next 100x.

I am very excited for Shift's first app - Phantom web hosting - to go live soon!

▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬WAVES▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
neowne

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:34:46 AM

What is everyone's thoughts on SHIFT vs Substratum in terms of decentralized web and hosting?

SHIFT:
https://www.shiftnrg.org/

Substratum:
https://substratum.net/technology/

I know SHIFT has been in the game for a few years, kinda flying under the radar while they work hard on development, but I recently came across the substratum ICO and it looks like they are trying to accomplish the same thing as SHIFT. However, it doesnt look like Substratum offers anything that SHIFT is already not doing...

I believe Substratum is an eth based token, and SHIFT is it's own blockchain, that originated as a fork from Lisk (LSK) code.

My vote goes to SHIFT, a project that has been around long before all this ICO hype - they are soon redesigning their website/whitelist and deploying a new marketing campaign. Plus they have a small marketcap and a lot of room to grow, with only 11 million tokens.

What are your thoughts?

well why does substrtum uses the oictures from shift on the whitepaper?
CryptoPro3 (OP)

Money loves speed

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:40:52 AM

Also, the substratom logo icon looks awfully similar to SHIFT's old logo... almost identical.

▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬WAVES▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
anks

Activity: 572
Merit: 259

LSK, QTUM

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:32:57 PM

Shift is nearly ready and thats good
i also heard about maidsafe but i will stick to the ipfs thing.

LISK
          ▄██▄
        ▄██████▄
      ▄██████████▄
    ▄██████████████▄
    ▀██████████████▀
      ████████████
       ██████████
       ▀████████▀
      ████████████
     ██████████████
      ████████████
        ▀██████▀
                 ▄▄   ▄▄
                ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
               ▄▀     ▀▀
           ▄▄▄▄█▄
       ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
   ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
  █  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
   ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
    █                  █
     █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
      ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
        ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▄▀▄              ▄▀▀   ▀▀▄
    ▀▄ ▀▀▄▄         █     ▄   ▀▀█▀
      ▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄     █         █▀
      ▀▄ ▀     ▀▀▄▄▀         █
       ▄▀▀▄                  █
        ▀▄▄                 █
  ▀█▄▄     ▀▄              █
    ▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▄    █
      ▀▄▄          ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀
         ▀▀▄▄     ▄▄▄▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀      ▀▀▄▄
  █              █ ▄
 █                █ ▀▄
 █                █  ▀▄
  █              █    █
▄▀ ▄▄          ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▄▀▄            ▄▀▄
   █   █          █   █
  █     █ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █     █
 ▄▀      ▀      ▀      ▀▄
 █                      █
█       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       █
█    ▄▀▀          ▀▀▄    █
█   ▄▀   ▄      ▄   ▀▄   █
 █  █   ███    ███   █  █
  █  █   ▀      ▀   █  █
   ▀▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
CHAT
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:47:17 PM

Shift takes my vote too. Longer development, product ready to go
tech72

Activity: 427

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 06:12:58 PM

I almost bought SHIFT till I read this is it true? https://i.gyazo.com/ba085417428fe786abd68ea5a5893578.png

Please tell me something. So that i'll more confident to buy SHIFT.

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
anks

Activity: 572
Merit: 259

LSK, QTUM

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:36:04 PM

I almost bought SHIFT till I read this is it true? https://i.gyazo.com/ba085417428fe786abd68ea5a5893578.png

The subdomain thing isnt true
http://alwaysonline.io/#intro

this site is hosted on phantom.
much talk nothing behind it. yes the idea of ipfs doesnt come from shift itself
but that doesnt mean that they didnt put any work to program it in combination with a dApp
and a blockchain. he throws in his comment a programming language, a databank system and a microsoft app while he is comparing with shifts programming languages only. his comparisations are out of relatives and they didnt even bring anything to the table yet.

LISK
          ▄██▄
        ▄██████▄
      ▄██████████▄
    ▄██████████████▄
    ▀██████████████▀
      ████████████
       ██████████
       ▀████████▀
      ████████████
     ██████████████
      ████████████
        ▀██████▀
                 ▄▄   ▄▄
                ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
               ▄▀     ▀▀
           ▄▄▄▄█▄
       ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
   ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
  █  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
   ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
    █                  █
     █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
      ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
        ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▄▀▄              ▄▀▀   ▀▀▄
    ▀▄ ▀▀▄▄         █     ▄   ▀▀█▀
      ▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄     █         █▀
      ▀▄ ▀     ▀▀▄▄▀         █
       ▄▀▀▄                  █
        ▀▄▄                 █
  ▀█▄▄     ▀▄              █
    ▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▄    █
      ▀▄▄          ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀
         ▀▀▄▄     ▄▄▄▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀      ▀▀▄▄
  █              █ ▄
 █                █ ▀▄
 █                █  ▀▄
  █              █    █
▄▀ ▄▄          ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▄▀▄            ▄▀▄
   █   █          █   █
  █     █ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █     █
 ▄▀      ▀      ▀      ▀▄
 █                      █
█       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       █
█    ▄▀▀          ▀▀▄    █
█   ▄▀   ▄      ▄   ▀▄   █
 █  █   ███    ███   █  █
  █  █   ▀      ▀   █  █
   ▀▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
CHAT
Bobobog

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:45:02 PM

The subdomain thing isnt true
http://alwaysonline.io/#intro

this site is hosted on phantom.
much talk nothing behind it. yes the idea of ipfs doesnt come from shift itself
but that doesnt mean that they didnt put any work to program it in combination with a dApp
and a blockchain. he throws in his comment a programming language, a databank system and a microsoft app while he is comparing with shifts programming languages only. his comparisations are out of relatives and they didnt even bring anything to the table yet.

Still up?
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 03:08:32 PM

Not sure about Substratum but i saw it on reddit as it was accused scam?
Bobobog

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:51:12 PM

I'll look at substratum but shift is better and has a working product.
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:35:54 AM

I'm a bit irritated. The SHIFT website says "Q3 - new roadmap" and the now visible roadmap only shows vague steps until Q3. Q3 is now nearly over yet no update. In my unterstanding, a rough roadmap shoul exist in the first place, so why isn't it updated maybe every 6 months or so? That's really bad communication.

Substratum has a slack group and youtube channel btw:
- Slack: https://substratumcoin.slack.com/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxUJoTH0XLERKl55zGnFI6g
Bobobog

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:07:01 AM

I'm a bit irritated. The SHIFT website says "Q3 - new roadmap" and the now visible roadmap only shows vague steps until Q3. Q3 is now nearly over yet no update. In my unterstanding, a rough roadmap shoul exist in the first place, so why isn't it updated maybe every 6 months or so? That's really bad communication.

Substratum has a slack group and youtube channel btw:
- Slack: https://substratumcoin.slack.com/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxUJoTH0XLERKl55zGnFI6g
Shift is rising right now.
PPleaseman

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:30:30 AM

Hi. Shift has been around longer and they will release their phantom testnet soon, so they say. I never looked into substratum but shift delibered so far. Also i like DPOS

Cheers
Buyingallcoinsz

Activity: 392
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:32:39 AM

SHIFT will definately win. It has the best infrastructure. Shift is the new web. Decentralized and versatile.
Combining a blazing fast, dApp-ready, delegated Proof of Stake blockchain with the interplanetary file system - for a decentralized, resilient and highly extensible web 3.0 platform. Building the new world wide web. Just better. From ICANN to hosting providers, from advertisers to social media, the Internet is getting privatized and centralized more and more. On the new web there is no censorship or discrimination due to its decentralized nature.
Bobobog

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:01:44 PM

SHIFT will definately win. It has the best infrastructure. Shift is the new web. Decentralized and versatile.
Combining a blazing fast, dApp-ready, delegated Proof of Stake blockchain with the interplanetary file system - for a decentralized, resilient and highly extensible web 3.0 platform. Building the new world wide web. Just better. From ICANN to hosting providers, from advertisers to social media, the Internet is getting privatized and centralized more and more. On the new web there is no censorship or discrimination due to its decentralized nature.
fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:40:57 AM

Substratum is definately not a scam. They have a great team, great roadmap, they keep to their roadmap and are delivering!
Already 3x since few weeks ago!

artmen007

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:53:14 AM

I not long ago watched over the SUBSTRATUM, but in terms of price, even now he is very confident, even against BITCOIN.
And the shift have been watching for over a year. I know that this project is long. Connect with high hopes. Like the team. Technology. I think this coin will make a break in 2018 and will cost more than $ 10

High risk high payoff
Bobobog

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:16:56 PM

I not long ago watched over the SUBSTRATUM, but in terms of price, even now he is very confident, even against BITCOIN.
And the shift have been watching for over a year. I know that this project is long. Connect with high hopes. Like the team. Technology. I think this coin will make a break in 2018 and will cost more than $ 10
Yes. Definitely SHIFT will win.
Sikka157

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:02:41 PM

Shift already has a dApp ‘Phantom’ and their newer website will run on it. But Substratum seems to be rallying high these days due to their marketing only. As an investor, I think Shift has a lot of room to grow now when their new website is launched and they start marketing.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: