Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:21:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SHIFT vs Substratum - battle to decentralize the web  (Read 3268 times)
Bobobog

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:04:48 PM

Shift already has a dApp ‘Phantom’ and their newer website will run on it. But Substratum seems to be rallying high these days due to their marketing only. As an investor, I think Shift has a lot of room to grow now when their new website is launched and they start marketing.
You can read more about SHIFT: https://www.shiftnrg.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Shift%20Upbit%20-%20English%20text.pdf
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:50:35 PM

SHIFT is going to be the winner here, they already have an implementation of phantom which has been on testnet for a while. It used IPFS to share content and is a great idea which i think will make waves for the future.
RippleSider

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:47:17 PM

I don't like the winning thing. Not always there are only two competitors and one will win and one will fail. While Shift has found a solution around the IPFS drawbacks with JENGA, maybe substratum has another solution. please don't forget how many oldstyle webhosters in every country are around. There should be a HUGE market and potential for two and more decentralized web solutions.

im hold SHIFT but don't know  enough about SUB to decide if it is better or worse or whatever.
Bobobog

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:52:40 PM

I don't like the winning thing. Not always there are only two competitors and one will win and one will fail. While Shift has found a solution around the IPFS drawbacks with JENGA, maybe substratum has another solution. please don't forget how many oldstyle webhosters in every country are around. There should be a HUGE market and potential for two and more decentralized web solutions.

im hold SHIFT but don't know  enough about SUB to decide if it is better or worse or whatever.
You can buy them. Subs and SHIFT.
toto31

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:02:27 PM

Definitely SHIFT!
It has a working product https://gateway.shiftnrg.org/ipfs/QmRm6bzVH7bebHCgjFu18cMNKsPMYyDcVR3u8Pp2RzgpMC/
The time Substratum has something to show, Shift will have thousands of websites already hosted.
Bobobog

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:10:53 PM

Definitely SHIFT!
It has a working product https://gateway.shiftnrg.org/ipfs/QmRm6bzVH7bebHCgjFu18cMNKsPMYyDcVR3u8Pp2RzgpMC/
The time Substratum has something to show, Shift will have thousands of websites already hosted.

SHIFT broke its new all time high a few days ago. I guess big pump is coming.
DarkElm0

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:05:46 PM

My money is on Shift - would I invest in Sub sure BUT anytime you ask a question they beat around the bush...It seems all show no go to me at this point.  Why would you host a public Alpha testing then not allow the participants to talk about it then tell everyone it went well? 
That's like big pharma saying weed is bad, use these meds instead that cause temporary to Parkinson disease to cure your depression...trust us. Wink
I think the price is being manipulated hard on Sub at the moment by some big whales from the ICO start and it will pump higher soon and they will dump on everyone.

I asked Sub how they plan to use current browser technology to convert traffic to IPFS protocol and they say "it just will."... ok..... sketchy.

I hope they do get a working platform as there is room for both but at the moment I go with old faithful.

I work IT and deal with programmers everyday....They barely update any of our team and aren't the greatest at communicating but damn can they publish some results when it comes down to it.  That's just their personalities....Shift is a group of PROGRAMMERS who don't have MARKETING yet and are about to start.  It's going to be fantastic.

Just compare the market cap of Augur to Shift with same coin supply...
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/augur/

Also SUB is talking about burning tokens to increase price....What tokens?  The circulating tokens?  That's not how this works..
They don't make sense a lot of the time and just fishy to me and I don't feel like throwing 20-30 grand on an IF.

I think Shift is going to BOOM and it will be awesome.

I like a few things the SUB gui has but it's just all a theory at the moment and nothing to back it...

Also Shift is javascript...so dApp devs don't have to learn a new language which is HUGE. That opens the room to such a large community of devs.

In the end there is room for both...so much money in this game and we have barely penetrated the real world.
I hope BOTH succeed but I only bet on sure things after a lot of questions and research.

So for now my money is on Shift...Damn I wrote too much...
bouldou

Activity: 403
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:18:14 PM

I've put lots of money on SHIFT too, I'm a strong believer in this coin Smiley when they will start to use they Phantom servers, price will moon !

Vous voulez une Lambo ? Investissez dans le YENTEN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2706079.0
DarkElm0

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:30:47 AM

https://www.shiftnrg.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Shift%20Upbit%20-%20English%20text.pdf

https://twitter.com/shiftnrg?lang=en

Grin
JW9494

Activity: 178
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:47:17 AM

Substratum..
It's on all the major Chinese exchanges. I
And I've been on KuCoin for a few months.. Substratum
Has been kicking ass.
Choosewise

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:05:00 AM

Shift already has some development towards it, not just the idea itself.

d0r10n

Activity: 217

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:40:37 AM

A family member put me onto Substratum, it looked good but didn't know about Shift, think I'll choose Shift over Sub now.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ░░▓▓ AXE Coin ▓▓░░   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
Masternodes › › ›   ░░▓▓▓▓░░   ‹ ‹ ‹  X11 Algo
DecentralizedACTIVE GITHUBAnonymous
tripkebab

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:39:58 AM

My vote is Shift.

Shift has a working product now. With a little marketing all it takes is one well known website to host themselves on Phantom and Shift will be viral before Sub is even out of the Petri dish.
fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:50:13 AM

Shift already has some development towards it, not just the idea itself.
And SUB hasn't?
They've been beta-testing this week and results are very positive ;-)

Tomak

Activity: 173
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:35:28 PM

My vote is Shift.

Shift has a working product now. With a little marketing all it takes is one well known website to host themselves on Phantom and Shift will be viral before Sub is even out of the Petri dish.

Ok but when? Give me the date because i dont want to miss this train and i dont have the money now to bet on both. I am all in SUB for now, i dont know, i think is my instynkt....Market cap of SUB is already 4 times higher and community is more active.

And also why one has to be a winner and other looser i dont get it also. I think both of them will be winners. Just look at the crypto space.

Shift community is dead, wake me up when it hits 100k market cap then maybe i will be interested in investing.

Personally i dont like to invest in early stages and waiting with hope for incoming pump, i just dont have money and time for this. I like projects with some momentum already and active cummunities.
Bobobog

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:34:20 PM

My vote is Shift.

Ok but when? Give me the date because i dont want to miss this train and i dont have the money now to bet on both. I am all in SUB for now, i dont know, i think is my instynkt....Market cap of SUB is already 4 times higher and community is more active.

And also why one has to be a winner and other looser i dont get it also. I think both of them will be winners. Just look at the crypto space.

Shift community is dead, wake me up when it hits 100k market cap then maybe i will be interested in investing.

Personally i dont like to invest in early stages and waiting with hope for incoming pump, i just dont have money and time for this. I like projects with some momentum already and active cummunities.
Shift community is active on Ryver or Telegram. They don't use Slack.
lmk99

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:57:05 PM

Shift just published the November newsletter! This was their announcement in Ryver, details are very bullish:

Hi all, the November Newsletter is published! Please join the discussion on Reddit and please remember to subscribe to r/ShiftNrg for future Shift updates! Subscribing on Reddit is a simple action you can take to help grow our community and awareness of Shift through the end of this year and beyond! https://www.reddit.com/r/ShiftNrg/comments/7gp7lu/november_newsletter_discuss_here/?ref=share&ref_source=link
johnywalkerrr

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:08:24 PM

Internet is decentralized itself. There are no need in such projects at all
RippleSider

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:11:32 PM

you are a funny guy.
d0r10n

Activity: 217

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:06:51 AM

you are a funny guy.

Actually depends on how you look at it, if you look at it as a network, it is decentralized in that it's a bunch of connected network nodes, and IP packets on the network layer generally have multiple routes end to end, and if one of the nodes in Path A goes down, the packet should be able to be routed through another path.

But in crypto when we talk about decentralized we mean more in the service mindset, so if Website A (owned by a single entity, and hosted on a single virtual/physical server) goes down for whatever reason then that service is no longer available.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ░░▓▓ AXE Coin ▓▓░░   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
Masternodes › › ›   ░░▓▓▓▓░░   ‹ ‹ ‹  X11 Algo
DecentralizedACTIVE GITHUBAnonymous
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: