Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:54:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *New PCI-E Based ASIC miners 1.2th/s - 1.9th's +\- 10%*  (Read 41457 times)
VPSguy83 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:45:48 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 12:10:22 AM by John (John K.)

[Moderator note: Caveat emptor. Read the thread carefully before you 'invest' any of your hard earned money]

Hey fellow crypto miners.

We have developed a new PCI-E ASIC bitcoin miner, We are also working on a scrypt based miner using http://www.parallella.org/ boards linked together each of those boards are 45ghz with 64 cpu's with mutli threading programming scrypt mining will be amazing on them.  But that is coming later.

Our PCI-e ASIC miners are based on the avalon CHIP (we ordered 10,000 of them).

We have also ordered 150 of the pci-e boards for our first batch.

Now I'm asking for a kickstarter like Plan from the Crypto Mining Communities.  We are offering 50 people (not sure about multiple orders from the same person though) Basically We would like 50 individuals to donate 2.0 BTC, to help us finish working the kinks and bugs out, and have 150 Boards Printed and ready to ship to the 50 Individuals Within 1 1/2 months.  **The 2.0 BTC just guarantee's you get the first Board Very quickly!

We already have a board printing company we have worked out all the details with and they have helped us along with the design process, and since we already have 10k AVALON chips and the 150 PCI-e Boards We can print out the 150 first batch very quickly and for a amazing cost.  

We Are Also Adding a perk to the first 50 to donate 2 BTC's, Not only will you receive your cards first and fast, we are going to keep 25 of the boards and let them mine on a private pool for 30 days, with automatic payouts in the term of 80%/20% (80% of any mined bitcoins will be divided up equally per person with the other 20% going into ordering a much larger batch run.  That still leaves 75 Boards that will be available with a guaranteed shipping time, you place order you pay for priority Over night shipping you get it the next day!

With our manufacturer we are getting amazing deals on the boards (once we get above 500 boards per run) But still estimated cost for a 1th/s - 1.6 th/s board (in the initial batch run of 150 we will be able to sell them at retail for under 1600$)  And remember You place order, choose shipping and you will get it! No waiting lists or never knowing when your card will arrive.  

There should only be a 1 month delay at most after the first 125 Boards are shipped to Customers. And the next batch will be run at 500 - 1000 Cards.  

If you feel like this is something for you, please Send 2.0 BTC to : 1CkhnDPQpK5CiQWf8r6WfVwet5F7Kozu7C then post here That you sent with your Address Label Only, then e-mail jont@poweredbyamd.com with your information Including Name, Telephone, and the best e-mail address to reach you at for automated e-mails with status updates.  Once 50 people reply and information is Verified that's IT, will have the thread locked.

** the first 50 people to send 2.0 bitcoins will have to pay the remainder of the price of the card minus the original 2 BTC donation.
And dont forget about the private pool we wil be hosting with 25 of the cards Paying out completely equal payouts to the select 50 =) This will run for 30 days and 30 days only.  

Remember You Must Send 2.0 BTC to : 1CkhnDPQpK5CiQWf8r6WfVwet5F7Kozu7C then you have to reply on this forum with your bitcoin address Label for Verification.  And Finally you have to e-mail jont@poweredbyamd.com With your bitcoin Address Label, Full name, Phone number(s) and the best e-mail to reach you at.  

I hope you see this as a great opportunity, as your existing GPU based mining rigs can be Majorly Overhauled.  While Saving ALOT of power costs compared to GPU mining.

We Are still working on a name for the company, so post some idea's and if we find one we like we will make it 50 miners out the door to 51 miners without the 2 BTC donation. Please do not post company name idea's on this thread, e-mail them to us at info@poweredbyamd.com

Instead of going to KickStarter with this, we Wanted to have a bitcoin Community Crowd-Sourced funding Campaign!  Figured it should be "by the people for the people"

Anyways thanks for the time you spent reading this.  We hope everyone see's the potential here!
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 08:53:46 AM

will dig out my 2 BTC once I solve the Multibit issue on my PC...

RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:56:03 AM

* RaTTuS gets the popcorn Wink

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:59:16 AM

Sorry, the pictures aren't working on my computer.  I can't see the printed board, or the chips, or any of the proof-that-anything-exists screenshots.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:00:02 AM

lol .. another pre-order one  Cheesy
abuelau

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:58:57 AM

I could be interested, sent you an email.

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:09:21 AM

A lot of them come out of the blue and here goes another 1? Where is your proof of purchase from avalon? you can just disappear with the bitcoin because they is no escrow ... the chips hasn't arrive and most probably maybe end of June earliest. be careful ..popcorn everywhere
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:52:04 AM

Hey fellow crypto miners.

We have developed a new PCI-E ASIC bitcoin miner, We are also working on a scrypt based miner using http://www.parallella.org/ boards linked together each of those boards are 45ghz with 64 cpu's with mutli threading programming scrypt mining will be amazing on them.  But that is coming later.

Our PCI-e ASIC miners are based on the avalon CHIP (we ordered 10,000 of them).

We have also ordered 150 of the pci-e boards for our first batch.

Now I'm asking for a kickstarter like Plan from the Crypto Mining Communities.  We are offering 50 people (not sure about multiple orders from the same person though) Basically We would like 50 individuals to donate 2.0 BTC, to help us finish working the kinks and bugs out, and have 150 Boards Printed and ready to ship to the 50 Individuals Within 1 1/2 months.  **The 2.0 BTC just guarantee's you get the first Board Very quickly!

We already have a board printing company we have worked out all the details with and they have helped us along with the design process, and since we already have 10k AVALON chips and the 150 PCI-e Boards We can print out the 150 first batch very quickly and for a amazing cost. 

We Are Also Adding a perk to the first 50 to donate 2 BTC's, Not only will you receive your cards first and fast, we are going to keep 25 of the boards and let them mine on a private pool for 30 days, with automatic payouts in the term of 80%/20% (80% of any mined bitcoins will be divided up equally per person with the other 20% going into ordering a much larger batch run.  That still leaves 75 Boards that will be available with a guaranteed shipping time, you place order you pay for priority Over night shipping you get it the next day!

With our manufacturer we are getting amazing deals on the boards (once we get above 500 boards per run) But still estimated cost for a 1th/s - 1.6 th/s board (in the initial batch run of 150 we will be able to sell them at retail for under 1600$)  And remember You place order, choose shipping and you will get it! No waiting lists or never knowing when your card will arrive. 

There should only be a 1 month delay at most after the first 125 Boards are shipped to Customers. And the next batch will be run at 500 - 1000 Cards. 

If you feel like this is something for you, please Send 2.0 BTC to : 1CkhnDPQpK5CiQWf8r6WfVwet5F7Kozu7C then post here That you sent with your Address Label Only, then e-mail jont@poweredbyamd.com with your information Including Name, Telephone, and the best e-mail address to reach you at for automated e-mails with status updates.  Once 50 people reply and information is Verified that's IT, will have the thread locked.

** the first 50 people to send 2.0 bitcoins will have to pay the remainder of the price of the card minus the original 2 BTC donation.
And dont forget about the private pool we wil be hosting with 25 of the cards Paying out completely equal payouts to the select 50 =) This will run for 30 days and 30 days only. 

Remember You Must Send 2.0 BTC to : 1CkhnDPQpK5CiQWf8r6WfVwet5F7Kozu7C then you have to reply on this forum with your bitcoin address Label for Verification.  And Finally you have to e-mail jont@poweredbyamd.com With your bitcoin Address Label, Full name, Phone number(s) and the best e-mail to reach you at. 

I hope you see this as a great opportunity, as your existing GPU based mining rigs can be Majorly Overhauled.  While Saving ALOT of power costs compared to GPU mining.

We Are still working on a name for the company, so post some idea's and if we find one we like we will make it 50 miners out the door to 51 miners without the 2 BTC donation. Please do not post company name idea's on this thread, e-mail them to us at info@poweredbyamd.com

Instead of going to KickStarter with this, we Wanted to have a bitcoin Community Crowd-Sourced funding Campaign!  Figured it should be "by the people for the people"

Anyways thanks for the time you spent reading this.  We hope everyone see's the potential here!

All out of the generosity of your heart...what love and light u shine upon the community

I think u take the BFL model to a new level

We charge u $220 to be allowed to buy product off us

What a sweet deal u offer

...why dont u just build all ur own shit and mine with it ..and shut f@#$ up !

OBJECT NOT FOUND
batman, not crabman

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:03:41 PM

uh, yeah, right.  And what is this 'remainder of the price'?

A horse walks into a bar and the barman says "Give me some Bitcoin!"
17TDYWdeL3GU2fsMSpV7itLYS2UJ91dCDx
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:05:59 PM

50 donations * 2 btc each = 100 btc.  That's about US$12,500 at the moment, for 150 boards.  US$12k isn't really that much to raise on your own.  Heck, many people could fund it with cash advances on their credit cards if you can't get a bank loan.  Those boards together constitute a minimum 1 to 2% of the total hashing capability of the entire bitcoin network.  

3,600 bitcoins are being generated ever day.  If you grab just 1% of that it's $4,500 per day.  In 3 days you have the loan paid off.

I'm curious as to why you need investors in your boards, and don't just keep the lucrative money making machines for yourself.

EDIT: Just read that the 2 btc is an initial donation, and that the donators will be obliged to pay the balance to receive the boards.  What's not mentioned is the cost.  A slightly important detail  Tongue
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:18:19 PM

My bullshit whistle is squaking.
Lethos

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 01:28:32 PM

The numbers doesn't quiet add up to me, I'm tired so excuse me if it's off and using rough math.

1 Avalon Chip does about 280 MH/s and uses about 1.9W.

To have a board do between 1.2TH/s and 1.9TH/s, you'd need between 4000 and 4500 Chips.

With that many chips required per board;
You not bought enough to do about 2 boards (you stated buying 10,000 Chips).
Which apparently each one would need in the region of 8000 Watts
This is you ignore the fact your suggesting you can fit that many chips on a board (or even a multi-layer boards), designed for a PCI-E slot.

So simply put, your numbers don't make sense.

Miracek

Activity: 142

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:38:31 PM

Come on, Simple math has no place in the world of ASIC devices.
newtothescene

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:46:31 PM

Numbers look very fishy.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:03:43 PM

Wow all sorts of ASIC offers coming out of the wood work.

I give this one a 'thank you sir, please come again'.  Chance of legitimacy? I'd put it at ....   4 to 6% ..

I just don't trust anyone that Capitalizes random words, especially. 

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
madkind

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:17:20 PM

OP could not even post to the proper subforum.
VPSguy83 (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:46:26 PM

Don't like what you hear, don't.  Our team which pools from IBM CPU designers, transistor and electric engineers, code developers, and more.  Were based in Research triangle park, NC *the tech hub of the east coast*, with a group of people from major tech firms, We have a wonderful system in place, if you read the entire post, we will be dedicated 25 of the cards to a private pool, which we will run after shipping the first 50 boards out, for a 30 day period and 80% of all coins found will be split evenly 50 ways with the other 20% going back into printing a larger order, which will in turn bring the price down.

remainder of the cost after submitting 2 BTC's our estimate right now for a 150 - 175 run will be right around 1600$ usD for a 1th/s - 1.5th/s +/- 10 percent card.  The cards are powered by a 6 pin molex connector.  We have everything in place except for the final revisions of the boards.

you dont want to participate that's fine, but don't troll this post.  

As to building them for ourselves and mining with them we don't want to emulate BFL labs *cough*

Anyways participate or don't we already have 5 of the 50 slots taken. So there are People who are interested, those who have placed full price orders to bfl labs with no chance of a refund, and no estimated time frame for receiving their rigs. I wil post pictures of the AVALON chips and our newest prototype in a couple of days, we just sent in a revision and it will take a week for it to be finished. You will get your screen shots and pictures.

So before you internet know-it-all's go on a flame and troll war, just be patient.  It's not like we gave a deadline on the 50 slots.  But the faster that happens the faster the boards will be available.  And Quite frankly after investing 10k of my own money Plus money from other team members over the past 6 months, If the mining community wants a option for the dedicated GPU rigs, they just need to show a little faith.  

Also the newest revision will allow for the cards to be run on a PCI-E 2/3.0 x16 board @ x8 So you can do 2 cards per x16 slot.

Our team has over 150 years of combined experience, I myself design Major ISP Level Colo/data centers and run my own dedicated / VPS hosting company.  Our 2 CPU architects have 50 years between them in the industry, our Circuit Board dev has 15 years experience and can hand soldier a circuit board that looks like it was printed professionally.  Our firmware and Program developers are FANTASTIC... So we have an amazing team.

But anyways carry on, participate or don't, We wanted this to be a "by the miners for the miners" project but if it ends up not meeting the 50 slot goal if we have more than 25 slots filled we will continue as planned if not we will refund every single BTC.

So please if you don't have anything good to say, have the common courtesy to keep your typing fingers from trolling this thread.

-Jon
jont@poweredbyamd.com
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:12:41 PM

The problem is your numbers do not add up. Above Lethos did the math for a 1.2-1.9 TH/s device based on Avalon chips. Unless you are overclocking them by an order of magnitude or two, you aren't achieving this on a PCIe card. Many PCIe cards? Sure. One card that fits in a standard case powered by one 6-pin connection pulls at most 150w if you stick with the PCIe spec.

Are you sure you didn't mean 1.2-1.9 GH/s per card? If that is the case then this is all one big misunderstanding and plausible.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:43:34 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 08:25:13 PM by server

@VPSdude... Terrahashes from a pci-e board with Avalon chips >> NOT POSSIBLE <<

Watch out people.

Tomintx

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:33:44 PM

1 Avalon Chip does about 280 MH/s and uses about 1.9W.

To have a board do between 1.2TH/s and 1.9TH/s, you'd need between 4000 and 4500 Chips.

So simply put, your numbers don't make sense.
Agreed!

ENTIRE Slush pool = < 1.0 TH/s.

ENTIRE Mining pool world wide reports ~108TH/s.

You're proposing to provide enough TH to "fork" the whole system.  Your math is so bad you can't possibly figure out how to solder chips onto a board designed by someone else, much less by you.

Best of luck with your little scam...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: