Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:33:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A4+ Coming soon - Pre-order  (Read 8576 times)
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:32:41 PM

I just updated the title to this thread and removed the group buy from the subject.  I don't think we are going to get a group buy discount or any assistance on this.  I have mentioned it and asked about what a group buy would get us and I didn't get a reply to that.  So I think the price is what it is and we have to decide if that is what we want to spend.

They mentioned a group buy would be a MOQ of 5, but when I asked about a discount or any breaks for the group buy I got no reply.  I did reply back that MOQ without a group buy is 3 so I would hope we would see a break if we bought 5.  But no additional info. 

So at this point I am going to assume there will not be a group buy.  What I would suggest is that if your interested in buying one or two and need someone to go in with you to meet the MOQ then post your interest here and where you are located and see if maybe you can coordinate a purchase that way.  So you can group your purchase together, maybe pick a single POC address to ship them to and then pay the additional shipping to get it from that location to you.  Just some suggestions on how you might want to do it.

Please remember to use an escrow here on the forum if the person you are working with does not have any established trust here on the forum.  Established trust can be seen below the persons name there are numbers there and they should be green.  The more trust ratings the more likely your not going to have any issues getting your purchase done.  You may still want to use an escrow just to be safe. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jb7032

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:15:53 PM

Thanks for trying! I went to do the preorder and with the exchange rates it seems like bank wire is the only option. I know they are a real company but to have a preorder be no refunds "buyer beware" and then only accept wire transfers that scares the crap out of me. Preordering something with an undisclosed price and not allowing for refunds seems a little over the top. Spend hours refreshing bitmains website or send 3 grand into the ether non refundable... Good times!
abjgd1008

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 10:02:09 AM

Thanks for trying! I went to do the preorder and with the exchange rates it seems like bank wire is the only option. I know they are a real company but to have a preorder be no refunds "buyer beware" and then only accept wire transfers that scares the crap out of me. Preordering something with an undisclosed price and not allowing for refunds seems a little over the top. Spend hours refreshing bitmains website or send 3 grand into the ether non refundable... Good times!
True that. Smiley
maxmad_x

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:36:36 PM

I just updated the title to this thread and removed the group buy from the subject.  I don't think we are going to get a group buy discount or any assistance on this.  I have mentioned it and asked about what a group buy would get us and I didn't get a reply to that.  So I think the price is what it is and we have to decide if that is what we want to spend.

They mentioned a group buy would be a MOQ of 5, but when I asked about a discount or any breaks for the group buy I got no reply.  I did reply back that MOQ without a group buy is 3 so I would hope we would see a break if we bought 5.  But no additional info. 

So at this point I am going to assume there will not be a group buy.  What I would suggest is that if your interested in buying one or two and need someone to go in with you to meet the MOQ then post your interest here and where you are located and see if maybe you can coordinate a purchase that way.  So you can group your purchase together, maybe pick a single POC address to ship them to and then pay the additional shipping to get it from that location to you.  Just some suggestions on how you might want to do it.

Please remember to use an escrow here on the forum if the person you are working with does not have any established trust here on the forum.  Established trust can be seen below the persons name there are numbers there and they should be green.  The more trust ratings the more likely your not going to have any issues getting your purchase done.  You may still want to use an escrow just to be safe. 

What price did you get for MOQ of 3? Did you receive any quotes and ETAs? Thank you so much for trying to get things running. Unfortunately we cant have a groubuy
kb8679

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:03:57 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 03:16:08 PM by kb8679

Hey-a. My first post here.  Smiley

I placed a pre-order for 10 A4's just a week (give or take few days) before they announced the A4+. I personally feel pretty excited about the A4+ but this was not what I ordered. The price is going to be so much higher than I originally thought.. nevertheless, I'm sticking with the order (I mean, what choice do I have?)

My experience doing business with Innosilicon is somewhat mixed. They do answer to mails, but with a delay and if you happen to ask more than one question, they don't bother to answer the rest.
After making the payment (naturally with USD, the exchange rates for both LTC & BTC are outrageous), I had to wait 2 weeks before I got a confirmation that the payment has been accepted (was expecting this to take the usual 5 business days). This period was very distressing.

One thing I'd really like to know; are they willing to make the shipment with lowered value (due to ridiculous import taxes)?

Anyone else in this same situation right now? Are you planning on taking the upgrade option (and yeah, funny that they call it an option. They kinda left me feeling that there is no option, they WILL upgrade your order anyway, though I might be totally wrong here)?

Also, about the shipping costs. They use DHL, but does anyone have any idea how costly that is going to be? In my case, the shipment is coming to Europe.

-kb8679-

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not considering the old A4's anymore at all. If the price goes too high, I hope I can at least reduce the number of units.
NOCTLJRNE

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:44:27 PM

Hey-a. My first post here.  Smiley

I placed a pre-order for 10 A4's just a week (give or take few days) before they announced the A4+. I personally feel pretty excited about the A4+ but this was not what I ordered. The price is going to be so much higher than I originally thought.. nevertheless, I'm sticking with the order (I mean, what choice do I have?)

My experience doing business with Innosilicon is somewhat mixed. They do answer to mails, but with a delay and if you happen to ask more than one question, they don't bother to answer the rest.
After making the payment (naturally with USD, the exchange rates for both LTC & BTC are outrageous), I had to wait 2 weeks before I got a confirmation that the payment has been accepted (was expecting this to take the usual 5 business days). This period was very distressing.

One thing I'd really like to know; are they willing to make the shipment with lowered value (due to ridiculous import taxes)?

Anyone else in this same situation right now? Are you planning on taking the upgrade option (and yeah, funny that they call it an option. They kinda left me feeling that there is no option, they WILL upgrade your order anyway, though I might be totally wrong here)?

Also, about the shipping costs. They use DHL, but does anyone have any idea how costly that is going to be? In my case, the shipment is coming to Europe.

-kb8679-

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not considering the old A4's anymore at all. If the price goes too high, I hope I can at least reduce the number of units.

someone has stated above that Inno can "fake" the real price of the miner, on your request, so that you pay less on import taxes, but the customs may confiscate your miners if they find out their real value.
If you cant reduce the number of purchased units, you can always resell it I think.
AzCrTe

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:24:23 PM

Do we pay import and/or sales tax here in the US like they suffer in EU if we buy units from there? If we do, does anyone know what the rate is, say per $1k?
kb8679

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:27:52 PM

someone has stated above that Inno can "fake" the real price of the miner, on your request, so that you pay less on import taxes, but the customs may confiscate your miners if they find out their real value.
If you cant reduce the number of purchased units, you can always resell it I think.

Thanks. IMO that's great news regarding the shipment value.

And yeah, reselling one or two is probably the way to go if it comes to that.

-kb8679-
kb8679

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:42:31 PM

Do we pay import and/or sales tax here in the US like they suffer in EU if we buy units from there? If we do, does anyone know what the rate is, say per $1k?

I just had to check this out. Would've been weird and awesome if you didn't have to carry any taxes importing stuff but it appears you do. There seems to be a 2500$ limit, anything under would be free, anything over will cost you. (That 2500$ is over 10x more than what we have here). But it also isn't quite as simple; check out:

https://importdojo.com/us-import-duties-taxes-how-much-and-when-do-i-have-to-pay-for-import-tax/

That appears to be quite good source of information, it also has a link to a calculator. Hope it helps.

-kb8679-
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:09:34 PM

I just had to check this out. Would've been weird and awesome if you didn't have to carry any taxes importing stuff but it appears you do. There seems to be a 2500$ limit, anything under would be free, anything over will cost you. (That 2500$ is over 10x more than what we have here). But it also isn't quite as simple; check out:

https://importdojo.com/us-import-duties-taxes-how-much-and-when-do-i-have-to-pay-for-import-tax/

That appears to be quite good source of information, it also has a link to a calculator. Hope it helps.

-kb8679-

Thanks for that link
AzCrTe

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:16:32 PM

Thanks much appreciated
AzCrTe

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:47:56 PM

And naturally there is no item as computer in the whole document(unless they want to classify it as a scale). I emailed the US ITC for clarification. I suspect however that someone must have already brought units in from China into the US so they should know....DHL might just want to get creative, but it would be interesting to be able to answer the question definatively
AzCrTe

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:45:01 PM

Ok I just got email confirmation that there are NO import duties for computers into the USA!!!      Cheesy
ezminer121

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:25:38 PM

was told you have a few s3's, tell me if you are willing to sell, thx.
kb8679

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:46:36 AM

Ok I just got email confirmation that there are NO import duties for computers into the USA!!!      Cheesy

Oh, so unfair. Cheesy
But good for you, if so. Smiley

However; I have zero import duties as well for computing hardware here - it still doesn't mean that I don't need to carry taxes for the imported goods - at least here they are two separate things.
kb8679

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:39:46 PM

Anyone got any news from Innosilicon? I've just approached them with rather angry email. This is not how a serious business should be run at all. Thanks to their extremely slow "customer service" it makes me feel that they don't bother to answer emails. Even to customers who have somewhat significant money already in. Makes this whole thing very shady...
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:32:17 PM

they are too busy serving their local mining farms who poured in millions before average miners like us. they'll take us seriously only when they run out of customers locally.

Anyone got any news from Innosilicon? I've just approached them with rather angry email. This is not how a serious business should be run at all. Thanks to their extremely slow "customer service" it makes me feel that they don't bother to answer emails. Even to customers who have somewhat significant money already in. Makes this whole thing very shady...
kb8679

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:50:36 PM

Oh ffs.  Angry

they are too busy serving their local mining farms who poured in millions before average miners like us. they'll take us seriously only when they run out of customers locally.

kb8679

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:38:40 AM

I'm quite lucky to have a Chinese friend, located in shenzhen area. He is trying to contact Innosilicon in behalf of me via QQ or something (very weird side note, they have no listed phone numbers). I hope I'll get some answers through that route, if they happen to have better responsiveness to a fellow Chinese... let's see. I'll naturally post any information I get here.
Bulletdodger

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:43:00 AM

Great, but having in mind how much they priced their A5 dash miner... I'm not sure A4+ would be a viable option for scrypt these day.

_
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: