Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:08:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRESALE] Xenio Blockchain | 🌟🌟🌟 Decentralized Gaming Blockchain🌟🌟🌟  (Read 16068 times)
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 798
Merit: 178

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:16:18 AM

The number of gamers are significantly increase because of the advance of technology, I think the xenio's team are smart, they see business opportunity that can also give benefits to the gamers, game developers and server operators. good job good project. I also agree that monetizing game servers to solve gaming problem like lag, ping time and etc is  good, so the server operators can make the game server run properly. This also good for gamers.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
davestevens

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:33:50 AM

you can profit yourself also if you believe that you can create a fake server and hook millions of clients from nowhere on it.... so again? why do you bother?

you must realize however here that the main problem is not the fake server.... but the fake user.... you are not getting paid for just being a server... you are getting paid for the users you have, if you just have 100 fake servers it means that you need to invest 100*"coins required" to be a server (thats actually positive for the community)

but the users? there are ways to figure out duplicate users from the same machine.... looking cpu ids, mac addresses, ip's, ingame captchas, some have advantages and dis-advantages and limitations, for example a vm have the same cpu id everywhere.... or the ip is the same for an internet cafe.... so some of those counters cannot be used.
there are ways to inspect packets there are ways to prove connectivity there is AI that can help here, yes we have someone with a degree in AI in my team and we need more of those people and those people are really expensive thus we need funds,

what are you asking in general? you ask from us to give you  the pattern of our on going work? do you want me to give you my hand writings and notes BEFORE we even release?  are you a competitor or something with millions of funds? do you really believe that i will do something like that? what if we say something now and we change it later? are you gonna flame us for that?

Hi and thank you for your reply.

Yes, i explained how this is possible with regards to faking users.

This is not as hard as you think, not like cracking blockchain tech. The project cannot be based on the assumption that people will not try to break the system. If Xenio the coin ever becomes valuable then it will be exploited with fake servers and fake users for staking coins.

faking this information like cpuid, mac address is all simple stuff. You can use millions of proxies or pay for VPNs with regards to IPs, but would you actually restrict the same IPs anyway?

What I am saying is that you are asking for money for a project of which the fundamentals are flawed or have not been thought out.

Who is going to use Xenio when they can connect to premium servers for free? where is the business model for this project?

and what games? who will chose the games for Xenio? some games will be simple and easy to fake clients and may have more users in general?
alboss

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:53:22 AM

Hey guys, let me give you some important news !

Here is the Windows client of Xenio : https://athena.xenio.io/client/publish.htm

Expect frequent updates, it is a OneClick installer, you will be auto updated at each launch in order to show you slowly how to use it.
The mac vesion will arrive soon, the P2P chat will come after, to let the newbies learn more about Xenio and get a bigger support pressure from the community.

Here is the Github link : https://github.com/xenioplatform/go-xenio

It is the Github repository of the blockchain, feel free to look around and leave some feedbacks, actually we are at version 0.2.0C
This repository contains the code of the daemon and instructions to compile it.

We started from a Fork of Ethereum, but now it is differen, i let you explore it. waiting for your feedbacks.

The client looks great even better than Steam Smiley Will check the whitepaper for details.
jothor

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:03:59 AM

I quite like the idea of decentralized gaming. I hope with this and similar projects the monopoly of the big commercialized game publishers will finally end.
crypto_buddy

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:39:28 PM

only hearing about Xenio now…can anyone give me a tldr? last few posts are pointing to a possible security concerns. I hope that I’m wrong…
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:52:07 PM

Interesting project.

I couldn't quite find the answer to my question. When talking about PoN, does this mean masternodes? If so, how many Xenio would one need?

Thanks
sirnicolas21

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 02:24:12 PM

Interesting project.

I couldn't quite find the answer to my question. When talking about PoN, does this mean masternodes? If so, how many Xenio would one need?

Thanks

Hi there,

yes we are talking about something like masternodes, where masternode = gameserver here, required coins are 1000.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:30:33 PM

where to check roadmap?

Check the whitepaper, its on the website. All your questions will be answered there.
h311m4n

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:17:59 PM

Interesting project.

Thanks

Hi there,

yes we are talking about something like masternodes, where masternode = gameserver here, required coins are 1000.

Ok thanks, any source to back up that statement? I've gone over the whitepaper quickly, might have missed it.
sirnicolas21

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 07:48:04 PM

Interesting project.

Thanks

Hi there,

Ok thanks, any source to back up that statement? I've gone over the whitepaper quickly, might have missed it.

but....but.... i am the blockchain coding team manager!!!
h311m4n

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:43:40 PM

Interesting project.

Thanks

Hi there,

Lol! Sorry mate, didn't realize you were. I just asked cause you have like 3 posts on the forum :-p
PaulSal

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:11:37 PM

I'm interesting in this project and i want to be a part of it. From which point i can start? I hope to answer me soon... Thanks!
sirnicolas21

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 10:07:01 PM

Interesting project.

Thanks

Hi there,

Lol! Sorry mate, didn't realize you were. I just asked cause you have like 3 posts on the forum :-p

yes im a newbie on the forum here Smiley

I'm interesting in this project and i want to be a part of it. From which point i can start? I hope to answer me soon... Thanks!

https://xenio.io/ has everything you need to start, feel free to ask specific questions.
Leeke

Activity: 151
Merit: 11

Website link - Bitcoin Unicorn

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 02:17:59 AM

Probably been asked already - but what makes this project differ from other "gaming" blockchain type projects?  From a gamers perspective - i have seen several lately all touting something or another, but what I want to know is - why should I suddenly stop supporting Steam or PS+ for my gaming needs and go with an untested unknown group of ppl.
I know you want investors to take chances - but sadly some of us just need more proof and reasoning before we part with our hard-earned crypto - especially those of us who arrived late to the crypto party and don't have millions/thousands/hundreds or even tens of $$ in bitcoin to throw round.

BatkaFromMinsk

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:09:48 AM

Right now, at what stage is your project?
h311m4n

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:38:57 AM

Then another question for you. What is (or will be) the return in coins on average for 1 masternode for validating transactions on the network? Clearly being able to participate in the crowdsale now in phase 1 makes it interesting for purchasing the amount of coins needed to run one, but some ROI figures or projections would be interesting, even if it will largely depend on the coin's price in the market.

Thanks for taking the time to answer in any case.

Cheers
sirnicolas21

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 12:10:36 PM

Then another question for you. What is (or will be) the return in coins on average for 1 masternode for validating transactions on the network? Clearly being able to participate in the crowdsale now in phase 1 makes it interesting for purchasing the amount of coins needed to run one, but some ROI figures or projections would be interesting, even if it will largely depend on the coin's price in the market.

Thanks for taking the time to answer in any case.

Cheers

unless you are a gameserver or later a voice/video server or any server module that we will add (depending on the crowdsale success) you cannot profit for running a masternode, masternodes are not rewarded for confirming transactions (thats something that all nodes can do) they are rewarded for how many connections serve for their kind of service, so a gameserver is rewarded for how many active players have, a voice server for how many ppl are chatting (connected to that server, not actually talking)

you will however profit having round 1 funds reselling them at a higherprice later on, because servers will be desperate to find those coins.
regular nodes are rewarded just for having the client running and synced (you need to have whole blockchain and distribute blocks to other peers)
davestevens

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:39:28 PM

you can profit yourself also if you believe that you can create a fake server and hook millions of clients from nowhere on it.... so again? why do you bother?

you must realize however here that the main problem is not the fake server.... but the fake user.... you are not getting paid for just being a server... you are getting paid for the users you have, if you just have 100 fake servers it means that you need to invest 100*"coins required" to be a server (thats actually positive for the community)

but the users? there are ways to figure out duplicate users from the same machine.... looking cpu ids, mac addresses, ip's, ingame captchas, some have advantages and dis-advantages and limitations, for example a vm have the same cpu id everywhere.... or the ip is the same for an internet cafe.... so some of those counters cannot be used.
there are ways to inspect packets there are ways to prove connectivity there is AI that can help here, yes we have someone with a degree in AI in my team and we need more of those people and those people are really expensive thus we need funds,

what are you asking in general? you ask from us to give you  the pattern of our on going work? do you want me to give you my hand writings and notes BEFORE we even release?  are you a competitor or something with millions of funds? do you really believe that i will do something like that? what if we say something now and we change it later? are you gonna flame us for that?

This is not as hard as you think, not like cracking blockchain tech. The project cannot be based on the assumption that people will not try to break the system. If Xenio the coin ever becomes valuable then it will be exploited with fake servers and fake users for staking coins.

faking this information like cpuid, mac address is all simple stuff. You can use millions of proxies or pay for VPNs with regards to IPs, but would you actually restrict the same IPs anyway?

What I am saying is that you are asking for money for a project of which the fundamentals are flawed or have not been thought out.

Who is going to use Xenio when they can connect to premium servers for free? where is the business model for this project?

and what games? who will chose the games for Xenio? some games will be simple and easy to fake clients and may have more users in general?

any answers to these sirnicolas21
sirnicolas21

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 06:19:58 PM

any answers to these sirnicolas21

sorry... i missed that message cause i was out of my country for some days

first of all i think that you believe that we will support cracked/stolen games.... we cannot control those additions if they happen, we will not encourage something like that, "premium" servers are welcome and thats the main target anyway,
for start anyway we will have smaller publishers that cannot afford the money to join steam or have their own distribution platform until we get known to ppl (thats my personal opinion anyway)
for the cheating mechanism we have some counters like i said before, the system will evolve in time like all blockchains do (ethereum and other bc's has being hacked and patched them selves) this part is not written yet if you inspect git hub, once its written i will try to hack testnet and depending our funds we might hire ppl to do so (maybe bounties also... don't know now), who said anything about restricting ips? that was an example and i stated that this cannot be done.

we will announce some of the patterns in detail for the reward security on the site in time most likely before phase one closes.

you should understand that you where very hostile before... and you make me wonder why, you talk very well now but because of your bad start i will not provide details, its wrong anyway to provide details only here because few ppl will get informed, wait for the announcements on the site.

Thanks.
davestevens

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:22:04 PM

you should understand that you where very hostile before... and you make me wonder why, you talk very well now but because of your bad start i will not provide details, its wrong anyway to provide details only here because few ppl will get informed, wait for the announcements on the site.

Thanks.

that is pretty much the worst excuse ever for not knowing how to solve the serious flaws in Xenio

'Hey guys, we'll take all your money first then tell you how we are going to fix something that cannot be fixed'
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: