Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:02:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES | Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform | SMART CONTRACTS COMING!  (Read 61926 times)
bodogb

Activity: 21
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:58:59 AM

I invest in Waves during ICO. I don't understand how I do it but I lost my password and my seed phrase. I use application for chrome on windows and I have access to the login page. I know  my adress. I found on windows a txt file with Checksum and Cipher. Is-it possible to find password with this data ? Thanks

It's not possible to recreate a file from a checksum - if that is what you are asking. No password or seed - no access.
Always backup you seed people, we can't repeat this enough.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Turing (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:24:21 PM

I invest in Waves during ICO. I don't understand how I do it but I lost my password and my seed phrase. I use application for chrome on windows and I have access to the login page. I know  my adress. I found on windows a txt file with Checksum and Cipher. Is-it possible to find password with this data ? Thanks

It's not possible to recreate a file from a checksum - if that is what you are asking. No password or seed - no access.
Always backup you seed people, we can't repeat this enough.

True, we can't repeat it enough!

Incidentally, I put a "how to backup your seed" reminder in the second post of this topic.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 02:58:02 PM

9/10/2017 | Russia’s Finance Ministry Drafts Law to Legalize Cryptocurrencies

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/russias-finance-ministry-drafts-law-legalize-cryptocurrencies

Russia’s finance ministry is working on a draft bill to legalize cryptocurrencies including bitcoin, which is expected by the end of the year. Both the finance ministry and the central bank “are developing proposals on their legalization in the Russian Federation.” The Finance Minister proposes treating cryptocurrencies like federal loan bonds, available to individuals.

Ministry of Finance’s Draft Law

The Russian Finance Ministry is drafting a bill to regulate the circulation of cryptocurrencies, said the Finance Minister Anton Siluanov in an interview aired on “Russia 1” TV channel on Saturday. The Russian state-owned news agency Tass quoted him saying:

All countries are working to legislatively regulate the use of this financial instrument, and the financial instrument is very volatile, that is, today it has one price, tomorrow another. In order for us not to have so-called deceived investors, regulation is necessary. The Ministry of Finance will prepare such a draft law by the end of the year.

In the interview, he reiterated what he said on Friday at the Moscow Financial Forum’s press conference.

“There is no point in prohibiting them [crytocurrencies], it is necessary to regulate them,” he said, adding that the draft law “will regulate the procedure for acquiring, circulating, and registering participants who are going to invest and buy this instrument,” RBC detailed.

Availability to Individuals

Deputy Finance Minister Alexei Moiseev recently proposed for cryptocurrencies including bitcoin to be listed on stock exchanges, such as Moscow Exchange, but should be only available to qualified investors. However, Siluanov said at the forum on Friday, as reported by RBC, that:

We believe it is possible for individuals to participate in the purchase of these instruments, but these purchases should be clearly regulated, identified, and settlements in these cryptocurrencies must be controlled by the relevant authorities.

He then suggested that the process of buying cryptocurrency for individuals should be organized in the same way as buying federal loan bonds (OFZ). The finance ministry started selling these ruble-denominated OFZs to households in April. Russians can buy these bonds at approximately 1,400 branches of Sberbank and VTB bank, according to CNBC.

Central Bank Drafting Proposal

Russia's Finance Ministry Drafts Law to Legalize CryptocurrenciesMeanwhile, the central bank is drafting a proposal on the regulatory framework for digital currencies.

Early this month, the bank issued a statement warning about digital currencies as well as Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs). The bank stated that it is premature to admit cryptocurrencies and any other related financial instruments to the circulation and use at organized trades in Russia.

The Chairman of the State Duma Committee on Financial Markets, Anatoly Aksakov, told Tass that the draft law on cryptocurrencies will be prepared this fall, adding that:

The Central Bank and the Ministry of Finance are developing proposals on their legalization in the Russian Federation.

SmokeMcPay

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movement App Dev.Team

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 06:57:31 PM

Were can I invest in waves ? Can someone help me ?

Turing (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:42:42 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 08:50:12 PM by Turing

From the second post:

Waves market on Bittrex Exchange: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-WAVES

Waves market on Tidex Exchange: https://tidex.com/exchange/waves/btc

Waves market on Liqui Exchange: https://liqui.io/#/exchange/WAVES_BTC
SmokeMcPay

Movement App Dev.Team

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 08:39:05 PM

From in the second post:

Waves market on Bittrex Exchange: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-WAVES

Thanks, sorry for not deeply looking to the thread I will do next time.

Turing (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:50:44 PM

From in the second post:

Thanks, sorry for not deeply looking to the thread I will do next time.

Wink you're welcome
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:39:01 AM

wavesgo site not functioning ?
Turing (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:16:21 AM

It looks fine from here Smiley
Turing (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:40:27 AM

Waves NG (Next Generation) will be released on october 10th.

What is it? Waves NG is based on Bitcoin NG.

Bitcoin NG is a new blockchain protocol designed to scale, making it possible to handle at least a thousand transactions per second.

This is a big step forward!

Information on Bitcon NG:

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-ng-or-how-cornell-researchers-think-a-radical-redesign-can-solve-bitcoin-s-scaling-issues-1447108649

https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/nsdi16/nsdi16-paper-eyal.pdf

ssvenss

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:46:51 AM

Waves NG (Next Generation) will be released on october 10th.

What is it? Waves NG is based on Bitcoin NG.

Bitcoin NG is a new blockchain protocol designed to scale, making it possible to handle at least a thousand transactions per second.

This is a big step forward!

Information on Bitcon NG:

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-ng-or-how-cornell-researchers-think-a-radical-redesign-can-solve-bitcoin-s-scaling-issues-1447108649

https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/nsdi16/nsdi16-paper-eyal.pdf

Great, I think the waves will cost more than $ 20 until 2018
Kalemder
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1726

Be A Hope

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:49:41 AM

Thank you. we are excited for the developments

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SmokeMcPay

Movement App Dev.Team

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 08:50:45 AM

What makes you made such a claim ? You have any information to backup your words or jut FUD?
Seems an intersting project but you can't predict its value.

Turing (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:56:14 AM

What makes you made such a claim ? You have any information to backup your words or jut FUD?
Seems an intersting project but you can't predict its value.

I agree, no real need to speculate on the price of Waves.

Let the development and partnerships do the talking Wink
Turing (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:04:02 AM

Darcrus is switching to the Waves Platform!

https://blog.darcr.us/darcrus-swap-nxt-dar-to-waves-dar-1ecd4a897b6d

We’re excited to finally share with our community that the swap details have been finalized with Bittrex. On September 15th, the exchange will facilitate a snapshot of users’ balances. Any account containing DAR (nDAR) will be automatically credited with the new token (wDAR) at a 1:1 swap ratio.

Deposits must be confirmed by September 15th at 6:00pm PDT (September 16th at 1:00am UTC) and any transactions not confirmed (including ‘pending’) will not be eligible for the swap on Bittrex. Please ensure you get all your Darcrus to Bittrex prior to the swap deadline.

The article can be found here and is also quoted below:
Darcrus (DAR, Nxt asset ID 13239408659357180542) will be swapping from the Nxt blockchain to the Waves blockchain with asset ID K5JcgN8UdwNdh5sbdAuPMm5XEd5aFvoXaC3iHsHVz1d.

Users’ Darcrus exchange balance totals will reflect the same total that they had prior to the swap in a 1:1 manner. The old Darcrus tokens will no longer be supported or be traded on Bittrex.

Bittrex will enable the new Waves asset DAR market when we and the Darcrus team agree the migration is satisfactory.
Note: Bittrex will be closing our DAR wallet and stop trading the token to take accurate snapshots of balances. If any DAR deposits you had sent to Bittrex are not settled (e.g. marked as pending) by 6:00 pm PDT on 9/15/2017 (1:00 am UTC on 9/16/2017), you may not be credited with DAR.
We would like to thank the Darcrus team for working closely with us.

Further information: Community voting results for swap approval

Besides the Bittrex swap our team will provide an additional swapping option, which gives you the possibility to swap your Darcrus until December 31st, 2017. Any Darcrus not claimed before that date will be donated to the Darcrus development and marketing fund. Details about this off-exchange swap and our Sigwo Technologies Waves wallet will be added soon.
udonmez

Activity: 686
Merit: 359

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:23:30 AM

Waves is very very promising project but new version should be released as soon as possible.
Turing (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:49:24 AM

Waves is very very promising project but new version should be released as soon as possible.

New versions are released almost every week.

https://github.com/wavesplatform

Some big changes and features are coming, like Waves NG, new DEX, Tokenomica, etc.
But don't underestimate the amount of work that's been done already.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:29:29 PM

It looks fine from here Smiley

thank you, for me also now.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 04:13:36 PM

Source http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/blockchain-technologys-next-big-superstar_us

Blockchain Technology’s Next Big Superstar

ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) are on the rise, as more startups turn towards blockchain-based platforms to raise funds. Just during the first half of 2017, startups raised a record of $1.27 billion through ICOs.

The rise of ICOs has also resulted in the growing popularity of Bitshares and Ethereum, two of the most well known cryptocurrency platforms. ICOs use these cryptocurrency protocols to create digital currencies on top of these platforms.

However, several issues are starting to arise with ICOs related to fraud and “illegal fundraising”. China, for example, just banned ICOs as forms of new digital currencies in order to prevent fundraising scams.

The illegitimate nature behind ICOs are a result of two things. First off, when doing an ICO, a company should develop its own tokens, which requires an in-depth understanding of blockchain principles and technology. Secondly, companies involved with an ICO are also operating in the real world and will have little use for the crypocurrency they raise. This means that ICO tokens should also be exchangeable for fiat currency, in order to pay for salaries, services, legal fees, etc.

A Cryptocurrency Platform For “The Real World”

Clearly, there is still much work to be done to further legitimize blockchain-based networks and ensure the growth of ICOs. And to make sure that the blockchain bubble won’t burst anytime soon, industry leaders are taking action to promote the growth of this revolutionary technology.

For example, Sasha Ivanov is an expert in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. Sasha graduated from the Faculty of Theoretical Physics at Moscow State University (MSU), undertaking further postgraduate study at Leipzig University in Germany. He took an early interest in electronic currencies and became involved in programming bots to trade on the international Forex markets, later working on trading operations and neural network trading systems for banks.

In order to further legitimize the ICO process, Sasha founded Waves in 2016, an open source cryptocurrency platform that allows individuals to issue and transfer custom blockchain tokens, and trade them on an integrated peer-to-peer exchange. After crowdfunding 30,000 bitcoins at a market value of $16 million, Waves has become the fifth largest crowdfunded blockchain project. Currently, the overall Waves token capitalization exceeds $400 million. Many startups have held multi-million dollar ICOs on the Waves Platform, including MobileGo, ZrCoin, and Encryptotel.

What makes Waves so successful is its unique features that differentiates it from other cryptocurrency platforms. Waves emphasizes custom token creation, transfer and decentralized trading, with deep fiat integration and a focus on community-backed projects. Waves is designed to make it extremely easy for anyone – not just startups and companies - to crowdfund a project using a blockchain token or to launch their own blockchain initiative.

Waves is particularly focused on ensuring that the benefits of blockchain technology is accessible to mainstream businesses as well as individuals. All transactions are verified by the network, which uses a proof-of-stake consensus, unlike bitcoin’s energy-intensive proof-of-work.

Waves is a cryptocurrency platform focused on building a bridge between the crypto world and the real world that we live in. I hope Waves can integrate blockchain technology into our everyday lives to help individuals and businesses become more transparent,” Sasha said.

It Starts With A Village

While many startups have already demonstrated multi-million dollar ICOs on the Waves Platform, individuals are now looking towards Waves to raise funds – even those located in tiny villages.

In April, a small Russian village known as Kolionovo (located outside of Moscow), became the first village ever to launch a blockchain-based ICO to help fund the development of farm land. The project was called the “Kolionovo Ecosystem” and was carried out on the Waves platform.

Unlike other ICOs, the Kolionovo Ecosystem emphasized that the project should not be viewed as an investment opportunity promising high returns, but should only be considered as a crowdfunding tool for development of the Kolionovo ecosystem - a system of local production and consumption, which has been successfully operating for over a decade.

In 2014, with the help of the local printing company, the farmer behind the Kolionovo project printed 20,000 Kolions (its ICO tokens), which basically looked like loan-certificates. The key advantage of Kolions is that this cryptocurrency is not linked to any traditional currency. Rather, it is linked to actual product and serves as an instrument for barter, allowing shareholders to purchase a number of products and goods with a discount of up to 100 percent.

Other notable and unique ICOs hosted on the Waves Platform has been ZrCoin, which offers the first ever blockchain option for investing in the production of a high-demand industrial material. ZrCoin raised a total of seven hundred thousand dollars from their ICO on the Waves Platform. Blackmoon Crypto also launched their ICO on the Ethereum, seeking to bridge the gap between cryptocurrency and conventional investments, and will make funds token on both Ethereum and the Waves Platform.

Blockchain’s Next Superstar

Just like any other emerging technology, ICOs will face a number of challenges. However, as more companies and individuals adopt blockchain technology, the benefits of doing an ICO will become more apparent. Additionally, new platforms are being created that are aimed to solve the common problems associated with Bitshares and Ethereum.

Fortunately, Sasha has created Waves to allow companies, as well as individuals, the opportunity to launch an ICO. Bringing blockchain to the masses is a revolutionary step in the crypto world, which means Sasha could well be on his way to becoming blockchain’s next big superstar - only time will tell.
Turing (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:47:14 PM

Sasha Ivanov | Time to step it up

Source: https://blog.wavesplatform.com/time-to-step-it-up

Being in the world of crypto for several years I can see that we’re facing some kind of a pivotal moment now. With dozens of tokensales running concurrently and billions of dollars invested we have what crypto community has been longing for — mainstream adoption, or at least mainstream awareness of cryptocurrency existence and future prospects.

Don’t get me wrong, crypto is going to prevail, there’s no way around it. By design the technology is robust and here to stay, no matter what governments and regulators will be doing in the short run. But, as a person who did ICO’s before 99% of people who do them now knew what bitcoin was, I feel quite concerned about the current developments, because there’s clearly a couple things here that may lead to investors getting burned and regulators going after ICO people with all they got.

Let’s highlight a couple points:
ICO investment is a venture investment “for the people”, investing in start ups at the seed stage, which was not really accessible to retail investor before tokens came to light. That was a prerogative of angels and qualified investors, who understand the risks and can put some pressure on start-up they invest in to help them deliver.

Most start-ups fail. If they do ICO it does not help them, they still have a high chance of not delivering. If you invest in tokens launched on crypto platforms that grow in value you have the tokens tagging along, but it might not last. You invest in a growing market in general, but your particular investment might make no sense at all.

Everybody and his dog is doing tokensales now, trying to tap into a liquid market that emerged all of a sudden out of nowhere. it’s purely opportunistic.
This thing is going to crash, and crash hard. There’s basically no way around it, what we can really influence is how the token market will be developing after the current hype wave is over.
There’s going to be some kind of regulation pretty soon, probably until the end of 2017 we’ll have some more or less clear rules for token sales in major jurisdictions. But it’s just a part of a story; we need some solution that should separate weed from the chaff, even if a token is a utility token, not a security, and SEC is not after it, it does not mean that it’s going to succeed.

I think it’s clearly high time to have some self regulating body, some kind of global advisory committee that can evaluate tokensales and provide some kind of guidance for retail investors. It might be centralized, but it’s a temporary solution that should tide us over to a brave new world of crowdintellingence and AI assessment, and provide a beacon for the regulators scrambling to come up with legal frameworks now. Regulators react to complaints and market best practices, if there’s a successful experience of self-regulation it will matter for the future legal framework a lot.
I really want this new world of fancy magical tokens to prosper, and prosper asap. Waves is a platform with dozens crowdsales, thanks god it’s not hundreds as on Ethereum, that might make things more manageable and we could be a testing ground for this “self-regulation”.

I’m thinking how to do it from technical perspective now, it might be some advisory board, also it might be a decentralized voting solution quite soon. I’m going to get back with some concrete proposals asap, for now I’d like to tell you guys that if you want this market to be 1 trillion within a year you need to help bring some order to it from within, without waiting for regulators to force some rules upon you, helping formulate them instead.

Cheers and stay tuned.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: