Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:34:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES | Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform | SMART CONTRACTS COMING!  (Read 61929 times)
Shkembe
Legendary

Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001

Epic Private Internet Cash

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:16:57 AM

The last distribution of WCT has just arrived in my wallet. Thanks guys! Smiley
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VrAr

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:32:09 AM

on your platform will be created token on what exchanges they can be traded?

They can be traded automatically on DEX (WAVES integrated exchange). On other exchanges only, if these exchanges are interested in offering trading with the token.

where can I find instructions on how to put my tokens on sale?

You can create a sell order on DEX, but people will only buy if they see some value in your tokens. http://support.wavesplatform.com/topics/2305-how-to-trade-tokens-on-the-dex/

thanks
Turing (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:24:57 PM

test

That seems to be working.
jhannlenris

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:49:03 PM

I am waves platform user and I have tokens there. I think you need to do more improvevent in waves platform, we need a display of all tradable cryptocurrencies for us to know the current price and also to inform other users that the specific currencies are available in your platform.
VrAr

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:52:55 PM

I am waves platform user and I have tokens there. I think you need to do more improvevent in waves platform, we need a display of all tradable cryptocurrencies for us to know the current price and also to inform other users that the specific currencies are available in your platform.

support the issue
Turing (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:11:36 PM

The new DEX is under development.

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:15:13 PM

Just wanted to drop by here and say that your concern is already raised to the team (I know this as I'm a member of their slack channel and a regular lurker there  Grin). They are already aware of it and if I'm not mistaken, they'll gonna address this with the updated UI of the DEX. I don't know when but it appears that it will sooner than expected. Maybe this coming October?

I also wanted to point out that I'm glad because one of the community members of Waves put up this thread as the original one was locked by the moderator. We need to have this thread alive if we want to spread the word about it.
dimitri

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:17:09 PM

all the great news as always with waves ...

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 06:40:22 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2017, 07:12:06 PM by MaGNeT

The updated roadmap for Waves!

And probably "meme of the month"  Grin

Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:45:22 AM

what is the minimum waves balance you need to have to get WCT share?
and btw does noone think 0.001 BTC  Shocked (100k sats) a bit high for withdrawal fee?
setting a minimum amount deposit is understandable
but high withdrawal fee would make people even more not wanting to make deposits
easy to get in but hard to get out  Roll Eyes

Shkembe
Legendary

Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001

Epic Private Internet Cash

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:17:44 AM

what is the minimum waves balance you need to have to get WCT share?
and btw does noone think 0.001 BTC  Shocked (100k sats) a bit high for withdrawal fee?
setting a minimum amount deposit is understandable
but high withdrawal fee would make people even more not wanting to make deposits
easy to get in but hard to get out  Roll Eyes

Do you mean 0.001 waves as withdrawal fee? Because this is the right answer.
rafzalan

Activity: 714
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:33:46 AM

Vote for Waves at an upcoming exchange WCX and get reward
Our long-term strategy is simple. We put clients first.
Tiny Fees: Some exchanges charge up to 1% in fees on every transaction. WCX is 10x cheaper and market makers are paid. That means more money stays in your pocket.

Linkes:
New upcoming exchange,  wcex
SignUp and get 5$ free coin reward
Vote for waves

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 06:34:09 AM

Founder of Waves, Sasha Ivanov, in Russian edition of Forbes magazine

Mallyx

Activity: 1138
Merit: 574

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:47:34 AM

I love the roadmap design, easy to read ! Can't wait for the new DEX UI, NG & Smart contract !
Drokzid

Activity: 931
Merit: 257

HAIL THE KING!

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 11:58:43 AM

Are there any efforts to reopn the official Waves ANN thread or to create a new one? The old one has been closed due to in thread bounties. The announcement link on Coinmarketcap still links at the old topic. This will confuse a lot of new potential investors imho. Would be nice if some official dev or team member could refer to that issue.

BTC IS KING!
muvie

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:00:37 PM

Are there any efforts to reopn the official Waves ANN thread or to create a new one? The old one has been closed due to in thread bounties. The announcement link on Coinmarketcap still links at the old topic. This will confuse a lot of new potential investors imho. Would be nice if some official dev or team member could refer to that issue.
I have also asked that multiple times in the slack rooms. It seems like no one is interested in that issue. Maybe it would be a good idea to move the discussions to an waves community board?
kame

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:04:18 PM

Waves NG (Next Generation) will be released on october 10th.

What is it? Waves NG is based on Bitcoin NG.

Bitcoin NG is a new blockchain protocol designed to scale, making it possible to handle at least a thousand transactions per second.

This is a big step forward!

Information on Bitcon NG:

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-ng-or-how-cornell-researchers-think-a-radical-redesign-can-solve-bitcoin-s-scaling-issues-1447108649

https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/nsdi16/nsdi16-paper-eyal.pdf

Regarding NG, what about ETH? Is ETH featuring Bitcoin NG like stuff? Waves takes into it, but if ETH is remain as it is. I definitely shift my capital weight from ETH to Waves then.  Grin

Turing (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:20:00 PM

Waves NG (Next Generation) will be released on october 10th.

What is it? Waves NG is based on Bitcoin NG.

Bitcoin NG is a new blockchain protocol designed to scale, making it possible to handle at least a thousand transactions per second.

This is a big step forward!

Information on Bitcon NG:

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-ng-or-how-cornell-researchers-think-a-radical-redesign-can-solve-bitcoin-s-scaling-issues-1447108649

https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/nsdi16/nsdi16-paper-eyal.pdf

Regarding NG, what about ETH? Is ETH featuring Bitcoin NG like stuff? Waves takes into it, but if ETH is remain as it is. I definitely shift my capital weight from ETH to Waves then.  Grin

Ethereum is working on "Plasma" that should increase the amount of transactions per second. It's expected to be released somewhere in Q3 or Q4 of 2018. I think it's a real cool development if they pull it off.

Waves is not Ethereum, Ethereum is not Waves.

Primarily Waves is a token platform for (regulated) ICO's, private equity, a decentralized exchange, etc. and also working on multisig wallets, smart contracts, and so on.

Meanwhile Ethereum is trying to be "worlds largest computer".

I see space enough for them to exist together, good competition is healthy and creates the best products and experience for business and users.
Turing (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:05:09 PM

Source: http://wavescommunity.com/qa-session-with-waves-platform-cmo-alexandra-pestretsova

On September 18th, 2017, we’ve held a Q&A session with Waves Platform CMO Alexandra Pestretsova. The session took place in our Telegram channel.

Prior to the Q&A we gathered questions for Alex via e-mail, so all community members would have a chance to ask their questions, even if they won’t be taking part in the session. We received over 200 letter within a day! The session itself took longer than planned and we had really good time chatting 🙂

Below is the full version of the Q&A session.*
Feel free to comment and share!

In the very first minutes of the session, Alex shared an updated Waves Platform Roadmap with the community. Click here to see it.

Alexandra: So, our next Big Things are Waves NG protocol and Waves Client 1.0
We`ve been silent about both NG and Client Updates for last weeks, but from now we`re gonna start revealing lots of teasers and updates on it every week 🙂 And first teasers are coming this week!
Now, let me answer some questions that you`ve already send us for this QA. And after that, you`ll be able to ask all the rest that you have
(just a quick reminder that now is mostly a Marketing QA, I`ll definitely elaborate some global questions but will not go deep into details)
Okay, let`s go with the questions that you`ve sent earlier:

Q: What is the team doing to improve liquidity on DEX and make traders aware of its existence? Is DEX too early to be marketed?
A: Our product team is currently transforming DEX into something really amazing. Seriously, my first feedback on new DEX interface was just ‘WOW’. I`m not able to reveal all the new DEX functional/visuals to you today, but very soon we`ll start presenting it to you piece by piece: small teasers, interviews, FAQs, videos and more. Just sign up on our social networks and keep updated. 🙂 The Big Marketing Campaign will start right in time with DEX update in October, together with the whole Client 1.0 update, as DEX is part of a Client.

Q: DELOITTE – partnership, can you elaborate?
A: The cryptocurrency market is relatively young, and not all the regulatory mechanisms are in place. This is why we are glad to have a Deloitte as our strategic partner to create the legal framework for blockchain projects. Deloitte’s experts, who possess extensive legal and tax expertise in implementing technology projects, will provide the necessary consulting and methodology assistance to businesses – ourselves and our partners.

Q: Why do you not target forex markets? It seems an untapped exchange potential – with less worries about competition that DEX brings.
A: We do have forex audience in our target audiences list and are going to make marketing campaigns targeted on forex traders. The thing is that nowadays not all the forex audience has a deep knowledge of blockchain and cryptocurrencies, so our mission is to educate them first and bring them and an easy and secure tool to start their way in crypto-world. And that`s what we gonna do 🙂

Q: I want to start a monthly/quarterly Waves meet up here in London – could/would there be any sponsorship options from Waves? Might be a good ‘ground up’ way of marketing?
A: We are already launching a several Waves educational programs and meetups together with our partners (educational centers) and active community members and are happy to have more Waves ambassadors onboard and discuss the partnership options. So please don`t hesitate to drop me a personal email (ap@wavesplatform.com) with your ideas, and we`ll discuss it from there 🙂

Q: “How are you promoting Waves internationally.
There are some Russian cooporations in place, but I don’t see much American, European or Asian collaborations in place.
Or are the new employees getting those in place?”
A: Right now I`m doing a QA for international (mostly US) audience. 🙂 Well, jokes apart, our strategy is global and certainly, you`ll see more and more international collaborations this year.

Q: what are you doing as a marketing campaign for Btc. NG and Dex GUI?
A: The pre-launch strategy is mainly based on content marketing – so you`ll start seeing lots of pieces of different content, promoting NG and DEX this and next month. Also right before the NG and Client release we`re gonna launch a special community events (stay tuned for more info Wink. After the release, the huge mediabuys/PR campaign will launch, in cooperation with our communications team. In a nutshell – we gonna make it huuuge!
(Wallet is also a part of this campaign, for sure, and actually, Wallet update will also be stunning)

Q: SMART CONTRACTS – on waves, when? What will be the advantages over ethereum?
A: We are starting the development of smart contracts functional in November, this year. It`ll be definitely a huge step for the platform and will bring a lot of new functionality for the platform`s users. Smart contracts will be released in 2018, we`ll make a big additional announcement once the release date is in place.

Q: Why are we suffering from a lack of communication? We as a community/investors are often in the dark about what is done by the team. A regular update would surely be appreciated.
A: I deeply understand your frustration. The thing is that the Waves marketing team is still a young business unit in the company and right from the time I joined Waves team in July we`ve been putting together all the plans and strategies and actively hiring people and establishing processes. Now, when all the plans are almost in place, we`re starting to rock hard and make you aware of everything important that`s going on in Waves. So please sign up for our email updates and social networks and keep updated 🙂

Alexandra: okay, I think we`re done with a first bunch, so now it`s time for your questions. Before you ask – please make sure that you don`t have an answer above 🙂

Question: When do you plan to bring an usecase to the current Block reward (Miners Reward Tokens) and how will it look like?
Alex: We`re now working on updating this program and will make a special page about it in 10-15 days

Question: Alex, I believe I asked a question about the China expansion roadmap.
Alex: Hey! Sure. We are closely watching regulatory developments taking place in China right now and while it is too soon to conclude what they would lead to, it is also early to say how these happenings would affect our China prospects. Once there’s clarity on the issue we’ll be happy to come back to this discussion.

Question: when will the full functionality of WCT and MRT be revealed?
Alex: answered about MRT already, working on the special Mining/Leasing page with all the explanations/calculations. Re WCT – will be able to answer next month

Note from Inga, Waves Community Manager: Guys, please keep it closer to Marketing issues. Technical questions are a subject of discussion with our developers. And to give you all a chance to ask those questions I’ll make another Q&A with someone who can answer.

Question: Is Waves working on being added to more exchanges actively?
Alex: Sure. We have several negotiations going on right now. I`m not able to provide you with more details, but moving fast in this direction.

Question: What is the tokenomica and what is its roadmap?
Alex: It`ll be a separate big announcement, and we`ll explain in details what Tokenomica is and what it brings to the market. And it`s a really huge story, so be prepared.

Question: Is there a plan to allow aliases to be tradeable or auctionable between users?
Alex: I see a good businessman 😉

Question: Are waves currently testing several marketing strategies to find their ideal traction channel, or have they already narrows down on a few potential channels?
Alex: Something is already narrowed (like a Community Management, we do believe that you guys are our major and the most loyal audience Smiley, something is still to be tested (like mediabuys, blogger relations, SEO, email marketing etc). And we`re already working on that, to have it all in place by Client release

Question: How far away is Tokenomica announcement? Weeks? Months?
Alex: Q4

Question: What are the Kpi metrics for the Waves team to monitor progress on their adoption goals
Alex: Good question. We have several different metrics, I`m not able to reveal all of them, the most obvious one is #active waves wallets

Question: In which way do waves provide due diligence to issued tokens if provide?
Alex: We (WavesPlatform) don`t provide due diligence to any tokens. We have a verification system that should separate ‘green labels’ from scam tokens. And we actually very much want the community to help us with it. Soon we`ll share our ideas how to make it work together with you guys.

Question: Thank you. Is there a plan to incorporate stickiness and growth within the product? For example: a referral program?
Alex: Sure thing. Actually, if you have any ideas on it – please feel free to share! ap@wavesplatform.com or DM

Question: Why do you believe in waves and why did you decide to work here?
Alex: I do believe that Waves will become a main driver for the global audience to start their way in crypto and to stay in crypto. And I see all the steps how we`ll make it there.

Question: What do you think are the best ways and places to educate and market to complete noobs about blockchain and Waves Platform?? Since reaching the ones who don’t already own Waves is very important
Alex: As I said, we`re already launching different educational programs for different audiences: traders, investors, developers and even mass-market. We`ll also start making lots of educational content for them. I`m not gonna say it`ll be a quick thing but we`ve already started and again, I see all the steps how to make it work. So will keep you updated on our educational plans

Question: Why did you not communicate about the WCT delay on Friday?
Alex: Delays happen. I apologize for not letting you know, we`ll do our job better next time (just hope delays not gonna happen again 🙂

Question: Are you able to make a small statement about the plan for the BCC/BCH?
Alex: Not now guys, but I got the question and will try to get a detailed answer to you later.

Question: Alex, you mentioned that one of your targets is to educate forex traders to use waves Platform. how do you plan to reach the mainstream of forex traders and educate as much people as possible?
Alex: We see a huge interest from brokers and trading companies that ask us to educate their audience how to use crypto and trade safely – so it`ll be series of FAQs, videos and maybe even online courses or offline seminars for traders

Question: Again, what’s about single information channel with new/updates regarding releases, issues and other important events? There is no one now! FB contains ads only, and here it is a lot of noise (which is understandable).
Alex: Sign up for all our networks and you`ll be fully updated 😉

Question: WCT seems like the perfect platform for decentralised community-led regulation
Alex: I`m not saying we are really close to that, but believe me, we are working in this direction and thinking about a really huge community programme that will allow us to involve you guys in our promotion/product/business processes and help us to build and promote the greatest Waves of all times. ) More news on next steps are to come in October this year.

Question: So atm you wait for them to contact you and if they do, you offer help and education about blockchain technology .. Are there any plans on starting the communication with forex traders by waves side?
Alex: Not only on a blockchain technology but on Waves itself as an easy and safe tool to start doing things with crypto. Once we make first educational tests with our partners and get good results – we`ll start scaling it for all global trading audience

Question: So if I understand it correctly the plan is to bring out Waves Client 1.0 and in conjunction with that an educational/promotional campaign will be held to inform people on how to use it, people that unlike us, have never made a crypto purchase?
Alex: Yes, it`s a part of the strategy. Another part is to make all the crypto-world aware of a new Waves Client and have them onboard as well. )

Question: Hello Alex,
First of all, good to see you are active here in this way, well appreciated!
I would like to see an overview all positions in the team.
As more and more people joined the team I find it hard to keep up who’s tasked to do what and who to contact with certain questions.
Will there be some sort of team overview on the new website?
(as the previous website was incomplete for a long time too)
Thanks and good luck!
Alex: Good question. The funny thing is that we already had the ‘Team’ section at the Site 1.0 release, but decided to keep it closed for some more time as some of the team members don`t have pretty photos for that 😉 so once we make a photo shoot – we`ll make it open for everyone. I can reveal the email of the PM who`s responsible for the photo shoot so you can start pinging him directly and speed up the process Wink)
(joking)

Question: I see many things going on now, any plans to involve the community to be part of it with bounties like retweet sharing fb links etc? What can the community do to help?
Alex: YEP! SURE! I do want you guys help us with that and get rewarded. So these programs are already in progress, will announce it in Q4

Question: To add to this. I take it that you have a say in what is shown on the website. Wouldn’t it be a good idea to directly promote your relationship with the waves related companies that are building towards a growth of the waves ecosystem in its entirity on the website (wavesgo, oceanlab, wavesnode etc.) in order to increase their credibility?
Alex: It`s a very good point, thanks for the question. We`ll definitely think and decide on adding the most powerful partners and community members on our site

Question: Is there going to be a waves 1.0 release party at the digital october center in Moskow?
Alex: we would better make it at some warmer place, maybe somewhere in Europe 😉

Question: Hello Alex, do you think will Waves fits more in government’s side like Russian, or more working togheter in real world companies, like Burguer King? How is the share of each side these days? Thanks a lot!
Alex: Waves is both – a technology (which can be used literally by anyone for anyone`s needs, including business, investors, governments etc) and products, like Wallet and DEX, that again could be used both by ordinary people, traders, investors, organizations, governments and even aliens. So Tozemoon we go 🙂

Question: Will there be real world usage for waves in future, like debit card or NFC chip or something? To use waves in purchases etc…dunno was this unrelated question.
Alex: We have huge plans for that. Can`t tell more now, just stay tuned for the updates in Q4!

Was great talking to you guys. And again, please don`t hesitate to share your marketing/business ideas with me, DM or ap@wavesplatform.com
*This is the full Q&A history from the telegram chat. Texts have not been edited in any way, so please show tolerance to the typos and misspellings. Thank you!
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:52:33 PM

Finally I've found the new thread of waves - I was feeling very lonely without Smiley I'll bookmark it not to lose it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: