Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:01:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES | Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform | SMART CONTRACTS COMING!  (Read 61929 times)
tomorow

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:55:12 AM

After seeing how many great features are coming in future to make the transaction much more faster than other competitors alongwith so many other things are under development. I will be long on WAVES now for other few months. In a situation of uncertainty projects like this are big safe haven and bet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:17:33 AM

[/quote]

Isn't it time to migrate the remaining WAVES assets still on NXT also?

[/quote]

This is a good question, i have also some of those assets on the NXT platform like cryptofund.
It looks like these assets are forgotten. Good question for the next Q&A to reminder Sasha on it Smiley

Mallyx

Activity: 1138
Merit: 574

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:02:07 AM

Can someone explain ?

Does the 3.5k Tx were handled within 1sec ?
RAGEmond

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:49:46 AM

Can someone explain ?

Does the 3.5k Tx were handled within 1sec ?

As you can see here:

https://twitter.com/bag_holdr/status/922596852394020864

one block just handled 6k transactions
Mallyx

Activity: 1138
Merit: 574

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:23:47 AM

Saw it, but I would to know how many Tx per sec the protocol can handle on the stress test
c_decoster

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:06:59 AM

why can't I join the slack? Website says it reached its limit.

Someone who can help me?
Turing (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:36:08 PM

Someone who can help me?

Did you try this link? http://wavesplatform.herokuapp.com
mikelv

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:44:58 PM

Someone who can help me?

Yes, the invitation limit seems to be reached, the waves team is already in contact with slack support. I'd suggest that you join the telegram channel in the meantime: https://telegram.me/wavesnews.
max.trekker

Activity: 141

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:15:30 PM

I noticed that i still have some WBTC, is there anyway to trade them for btc or waves? I dont see them in the light client. Maybe if i just transfer them from Tidex to my waves address in the light client they will become BTC some how? Tongue

I'm a bit confused, where are the wBTC right now?

You can trade wBTC for any other coin in your Waves Lite client on DEX.

My wBTC are on Tidex. They are named wBTC explicitly, it was an airdrop that was given to waves holders some months ago. They were initially traded on tidex 1:1 with BTC, but now i dont see that market on Tidex anymore. And i cannot find a wBTC BTC market in the waves DEX either :/.
ilovemoney

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:39:46 PM

Is it a good time to buy waves?
penoze
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:46:55 PM

I noticed that i still have some WBTC, is there anyway to trade them for btc or waves? I dont see them in the light client. Maybe if i just transfer them from Tidex to my waves address in the light client they will become BTC some how? Tongue

I'm a bit confused, where are the wBTC right now?

You can trade wBTC for any other coin in your Waves Lite client on DEX.

My wBTC are on Tidex. They are named wBTC explicitly, it was an airdrop that was given to waves holders some months ago. They were initially traded on tidex 1:1 with BTC, but now i dont see that market on Tidex anymore. And i cannot find a wBTC BTC market in the waves DEX either :/.

I though you can withdraw them to you're waveswallet by using your wavesaddress. But if you want to know it for sure you can ask the tidex support.

Turing (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:52:17 PM

Source: http://wavescommunity.com/waves-listed-on-upbit-and-cryptomate

We’re happy to announce that Waves is now listed on UPbit Exchange and CryptoMate!

UPbit is a new cryptocurrency exchange launched by Korea’s biggest messaging app developer, Kakao. At launch, the platform offered 111 altcoins to trade. The exchange was announced on September 27, soon after Korea passed China in terms of total bitcoin trading volume. WAVES/BTC pair is available since October 24, 2017.

Cryptomate is an easy to use platform that allows British users to purchase cryptocurrency via instant bank transfer. The service was launched to help bridge the gap between GBP and cryptocurrency exchange within the UK and to make the most popular digital currencies available to almost anyone with online banking. Follow the link to use a simple form and start the order process on CryptoMate.

Join Waves News channel: https://t.me/WavesNews
Join Waves Telegram channel: http://t.me/Wavescommunity
Join Waves Twitter: http://twitter.com/wavesplatform
Join Waves Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wavesplatform

Waves trading on Upbit Exchange: https://upbit.com/exchange?code=CRIX.UPBIT.BTC-WAVES

Waves trading on Cryptomate Exchange: https://cryptomate.co.uk/buy-waves
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:46:22 PM

Is it a good time to buy waves?

Much better than in the past three-four months for sure Smiley
Note: I bought Waves 4 months ago... (and still have the all BTW)
humanbeingbit

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:16:37 PM

If the 'waves' team  announces the release date of 'smart contracts' feature, then the price will soar.
Otherwise, I see no reason for this coin to grow.
RAGEmond

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:43:12 PM

If the 'waves' team  announces the release date of 'smart contracts' feature, then the price will soar.

dex ui update
penoze
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:20:49 PM

Waves have enough reasons to grow, in fact waves is still at the beginning.
If you watching waves more closely then youre know that there is a new protocol in testnet which can transfer a lot of transactions.
check this: https://twitter.com/KarlKarlsson_/status/923540272029622273

Also they are working to a new dex which is looking great.
That together with the transactions what waves can handle waves have a bright future ahead.

And also don't forgot the getaways which can be integrated in waves.
It can be possible that in the future every coin,token is tradeable on the wavesplatform. Decentralized.

What i write here is only a small part of what is ongoing on the wavesplatform.

are there reasons to grow or are there reasons to grow.

humanbeingbit

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:58:29 PM

I don't see how this can increase the price of WAVES. Is there someone who really interested in that new protocol(someone who exchange currencies so often on waves platform)? There are a lot of online exchangers. I can register on any online exchanger and exchange any currencies.
But 'smart contracts' is a completely different thing.
With 'smart contracts' waves will become second ethereum(and new protocol will be in handy).
RAGEmond

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:21:24 PM

Gazprombank, The Moscow Exchange, The Country of Kazakhstan, Deloitte, Burgerking, Boris Titov, Partiya Rosta, MobileGo

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/russias-central-securities-depository-waves-building-blockchain-platform-1634653

I don't see how this can increase the price of WAVES. Is there someone who really interested in that new protocol(someone who exchange currencies so often on waves platform)? There are a lot of online exchangers. I can register on any online exchanger and exchange any currencies.
But 'smart contracts' is a completely different thing.
With 'smart contracts' waves will become second ethereum(and new protocol will be in handy).

happy now?
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 07:51:55 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 08:08:42 PM by MaGNeT

Putin: 'We Want To Build Disruptors'

Twitter: https://twitter.com/sasha35625/status/923584348095262720

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2017/10/25/putin-we-want-to-build-disruptors

Putin: 'We Want To Build Disruptors'
by Kenneth Rapoza

Russian President Vladimir Putin speaks at the annual VTB Capital 'Russia Calling!' Investment Forum in Moscow on October 24, 2017. He said he wants his country to be a tech disruptor.

Russian president Vladimir Putin wants his country to be disruptive, and not just in Western electoral politics. (Doh!)

Speaking to a standing room only crowd at the annual Russia Calling investor forum, a rather sedate Putin rifled through a speech that could have been written by his Finance Minister Anton Siluanov. When he said, “we want to build disruptive technologies,” it was, arguably, the only highlight of his data-centric five-minute speech before waking off the stage. He was proceeded by an exodus of VTB Capital forum guests, irked that the president did not stick around for his usual Q&A session.

Putin’s “disruption” comes at a time when Russia’s government is hammering out legislation for blockchain and cryptocurrency use. The government does not have a unified view on these disruptive technologies yet. The Russian Central Bank is fine with blockchain, not fine with crypto coins. They are talking about issuing a crypto-ruble to help track transactions from currencies like bitcoin into ruble, which is now done informally.

The National Settlement Depository of the Moscow Stock Exchange is working with the Waves Platform, one of Russia’s biggest blockchain firms, to build a system that would ultimately allow for professional accounting of cryptocurrency trading by qualified investors.

A handful of opportunistic Russian hedge funds are already investing in the hundreds of crypto-coins out in the market. For now, they are keeping track of their investments on office spread sheets, sort of like an investor holding paper shares of every stock in their portfolio rather than having it stored somewhere for them.

A number of hedge funds and private family offices are now playing with cryptocurrency, sinking a few million dollars into hundreds of coins linked to start-ups. Some are down 50%, others are up 150%. The Moscow Stock Exchange is working on building the technological platform to allow for crypto trading for qualified investors possibly by next year.

Alexander Ivanov, the CEO of the two-year-old Waves, raised 30,000 bitcoin in 2016. The Russian exchange is one of their biggest projects, bringing blockchain to the most visible, powerful investor platform in the country.

“The project is being done in stages and the third stage would be to make sure it's decentralized, keeping with the blockchain tradition, so your account cannot be turned off by an authority,” says Ivanov, sitting at the Strelka Bar outside of Red Square in Moscow. “Eventually you will have the framework, legal and technical, for big funds to trade in cryptocurrency,” he says, adding that Putin said he wanted regulation in place by next summer.

Russians are a risk-taking, technologically savvy lot. But a lot of their brain power high-tailed it to Silicon Valley, Berlin, London, Paris, and Singapore after 2015, in what one Russian investor in the Valley called a “mass exodus” once sectoral sanctions were renewed. Russian tech is not sanctioned, but start-ups do not have enough domestic financial support. Western backers have mostly been on pause, at best, with others outright avoiding Russia due to the political risks associated with the sanctions regime.

Only 3% of Russia’s GDP is tied to the so-called digital economy – anything internet related. “Data is the new oil. We are at least five years behind the world leaders in this space,” RosTelecom CEO Mikhail Oseevskiy said at Russia Calling.

For Russians to be disruptive in Russia, the government will have to develop more than its human capital. Russia has home-grown financial backers: oligarchs with money to burn on cryptocurrency funded start-ups. Others are putting later-stage money to work on Russian tech companies working on the blockchain.

One of the biggest problems is the tax system in Russia. It tends not to favor the entrepreneur. The payroll tax for companies is in the very high double digits, in addition to VAT and corporate taxes. By comparison, smaller tech-savvy nations like Belarus have no corporate income tax on IT firms and employees pay less than 9% income tax.

Some global Russians scoff at Putin’s "disruption."

“Luckily you can ignore the local government because it’s a truly global business,” says Elena Masolova, CEO of Eduson, a corporate e-learning company and the founder of a Russian coupon company that sold to Groupon in 2010. She’s been investing in blockchain companies ever since, from Russia to California, and is the co-founder of TokenStars, a blockchain-based celebrity management platform. “For 18 years we have heard Putin making statements about this or that and nothing happens,” she says.

Masolova is part of a slew of serial Russian entrepreneurs connected to the stateless, blockchain A-list.

Of the top 50 start-ups measured by capital raised, 20% of them were either in Russia or had at least one Russian founder, according to Maslova’s own proprietary research.

Over the last 14 years, 50% of Google’s Code Jam winners were Russians. Despite all of this, Russian tech is underrepresented in the market. They account for just 3% of the total market capital on the Moscow Stock Exchange compared to 13% in China and 9% in the U.S., according to Goldman Sachs Global Investment Research. Only Yandex and Mail.ru are significant players, with Mail.ru now controlling the Russian Facebook, Vkontakte after a ‘forced sale’ by authorities. VKontakte’s founders run Telegram, a messaging app well-known in the cryptocurrency world.

Waves' Ivanov said he is trying to build a company that operates in the real world, without losing the autonomous, decentralized nature of the blockchain. They went from a $17 million market cap last year to a $500 million one currently.

"We're in Amsterdam. We'll be in Berlin in November, London in January and New  York in the spring," he says, a testament to the global nature of the Russians involved in blockchain projects.

Aside from blockchain and the crypto-world, Putin mentioned earlier this year that another key disruptive tech, artificial intelligence, would play an important geopolitical role. "He who controls AI will control the world," he said.

Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:04:37 PM

Waves is a very unique coin and project. Right now it is totally undervalued, but with this great progress and developement it´s only a matter of time till we make a x5 - x10. Waves is unstoppable in the long term.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: