Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:54:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES | Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform | SMART CONTRACTS COMING!  (Read 61929 times)
RAGEmond

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:52:07 AM

The current price is not what waves deserve. Alone the new DEX looks better than a lot of other exchanges and this will bring so much volume to the coin. I think the price will soon go up.

so nithingso n the roadmap .. when will we see the release of the new dex? after fork(s) maybe when money is going back into alts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nefelo

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:18:11 PM

The current price is not what waves deserve. Alone the new DEX looks better than a lot of other exchanges and this will bring so much volume to the coin. I think the price will soon go up.

so nithingso n the roadmap .. when will we see the release of the new dex? after fork(s) maybe when money is going back into alts?

Am I the only one thinking that we need to have the new DEX released as soon as possible?

mikelv

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:22:53 PM

Am I the only one thinking that we need to have the new DEX released as soon as possible?

DEX won't be released before NG is live.
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:28:26 PM

I think NG has more priority for the platform than the new dex.
of course it should be cool if it's released soon, but for the new dex is also a fast blockchain needed if more investors cq traders shall come to the wavesplatform.

alaah

Activity: 76

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:11:35 PM

Gonna hit $2 soon lads!!!
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:15:40 PM

How much is missing before NG going live? Has the (public) stress test started?
The new DEX will be crucial for Waves..
max.trekker

Activity: 141

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:26:35 PM

As I see old thread is locked (are sasha35625 really broke the rules? seriously  Shocked) I looked for another waves thread and find this.
I would like to get answer on some question:

Will the this: https://blog.wavesplatform.com/waves-updated-roadmap-98c3f1323eed  roadmap deadlines be met?

Where are the plans to make WavesDEX fully decentralised (for now we have much more advanced dex - called bitshares for example)
? Is there any reasons when I should switch from bitshares to wavesdex if I am looking for dex?
Regards and have a nice day!

I personnaly can't clearly discuss the differences between BitShare and Waves as I don't know much about BitShare.

What I can tell you, however, is that WAVES has succesfully implemented the NG protocol (next generation) on the testnet and so far, it has proven to be able to process about 12tx/sec (equivalent to ETH). The good news is that this only represents about 2% of its capabilities, and the developpers are working on a newer version of the testnet to be able to carry out a full stress test to evaluate the maximum transaction speed that this new blockchain can handle (supposedly about 1080 tx/sec). So, by the end of November, WAVES should have the fastest blockchain in existence available on its mainnet.

Furthermore, they will release an upgrated version of their DEX, with integraded trading views and other optimized visual tools. This should help the user experience.

As for the decentralization aspect of the DEX, I think they are working on a way to decentralize the "matcher". This way, any full node that wants to participate in the matching of orders will be able to do so. I don't have a ETA for this, but it should be somewhere next year.

If you are still curious, there are other things you should look for as WAVES is not only a DEX. Check out the partnership with the Moscow Stock Exchange, the upcoming Tokenomica and the upcoming non-Turing complete smart contracts implementation.

It will be far from being the fastest blockchain even if they achieve 1080 tx/sec. Since BitShare is mentioned, just look up how many tx/sec that blockchain can handle. For waves to be successful we need more ICO (im happy to see so many new ones each month), an updated DEX (cmon, it looks like an advanced hello world program), wishfully a DEX website, smart contracts, and of course new partnerships.
Turing (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:40:05 PM

It will be far from being the fastest blockchain even if they achieve 1080 tx/sec. Since BitShare is mentioned, just look up how many tx/sec that blockchain can handle. For waves to be successful we need more ICO (im happy to see so many new ones each month), an updated DEX (cmon, it looks like an advanced hello world program), wishfully a DEX website, smart contracts, and of course new partnerships.

The Bitshare blockchain can't handle that many transactions.
It can handle a lot of operations but these are not signed transactions on the blockchain.

And Waves is a lot more than just a "fast blockchain with a DEX" Wink
max.trekker

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:15:38 PM

It can handle a lot of operations but these are not signed transactions on the blockchain.

Please elaborate Smiley because i read a lot of different "facts".

From my understanding, Bitshares handled 3300 TXs and 14000 OPs in a stress-test in Mars (https://steemit.com/bitshares/@ash/current-bitshares-testnet-stress-test-highlight-3300tx-14000ops). With a lot of other articles saying that they can handle 100.000 TXs.

And NEO, NEM, etc.. seems also to be in the thousands. Although i have to admit that i dont really know if im comparing apples with apples, some articles states, 10.000 or 100.000 TXs and then say things like "locally" or "with optimizations" etc. And i dont know how the waves team is comming up with these numbers and how they are performing their test.
Turing (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:23:56 PM

From my understanding, Bitshares handled 3300 TXs and 14000 OPs in a stress-test in Mars (https://steemit.com/bitshares/@ash/current-bitshares-testnet-stress-test-highlight-3300tx-14000ops). With a lot of other articles saying that they can handle 100.000 TXs.

And NEO, NEM, etc.. seems also to be in the thousands. Although i have to admit that i dont really know if im comparing apples with apples, some articles states, 10.000 or 100.000 TXs and then say things like "locally" or "with optimizations" etc. And i dont know how the waves team is comming up with these numbers and how they are performing their test.

Waves-NG will be able to handle real transactions, each of them will have an transaction ID on the blockchain.
Those can be wallet to wallet (for sending / distribution), creation of tokens / aliasses, trades on DEX (Matcher), voting, etc.
And after the Waves-NG release, it won't be the end of NG development, it is scalable.

Just for now ~1000 TX/s (86 million per 24 hours) is more than enough to handle transactions on the Waves blockchain for the coming years, especially if you consider the most expensive crypto coin can only handle ~8 TX/s.

Comparing apples with oranges is hard Wink
max.trekker

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:30:43 PM

Waves-NG will be able to handle real transactions, each of them will have an transaction ID on the blockchain.
Those can be wallet to wallet (for sending / distribution), creation of tokens / aliasses, trades on DEX (Matcher), voting, etc.

Great to hear its different from what i read. It would be interesting to see a real comparison with their closest competition like BTS and ETH (which supposidly became very fast after the recent upgrade), both those blockchains also have transaction IDs, wallets, DEX, token creations so a comparison of the test that waves is doing must also be possible to do on BTS and ETH?
Turing (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:41:43 PM

Great to hear its different from what i read. It would be interesting to see a real comparison with their closest competition like BTS and ETH (which supposidly became very fast after the recent upgrade), both those blockchains also have transaction IDs, wallets, DEX, token creations so a comparison of the test that waves is doing must also be possible to do on BTS and ETH?

I really think UI / UX is the most important reason for people to use Waves DEX. It's easy to use, pretty much what people are used to, and the new DEX will look better than most of the centralized exchanges.
With Waves-NG enabled on the mainnet, it will be able to handle the transactions and if needed, it will be scalable to handle even more transactions.

Try using Ethereum DEX or Openledger (Bitshares) and you'll know what I mean Wink
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 10:07:30 PM

max.trekker

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:15:33 PM

I really think UI / UX is the most important reason for people to use Waves DEX. It's easy to use, pretty much what people are used to, and the new DEX will look better than most of the centralized exchanges.
With Waves-NG enabled on the mainnet, it will be able to handle the transactions and if needed, it will be scalable to handle even more transactions.

Try using Ethereum DEX or Openledger (Bitshares) and you'll know what I mean Wink

Do you really think the UI / UX is good in waves DEX  Shocked ?
1. The Graph: no changeable timeframe, not scrollable to the sides, hard to read volume.
2. The Search: slow input of keystrokes (you really notice it when holding in the backspace to delete a pair), nothing happens when you click enter (one would assume that the first highest matched coin would chosen if a user click enter), strange popularity search (search for waves and it will appear lowest down, after waves desk), the GUI jumpes around a lot and really doesn like it if you have waves on the wrong side of the search.
3. Orders: No way to see open orders or an easy way to se past orders

The list can go on, but since it still is in a 0.5 beta all those issues are acceptable, but saying that the UI / UX is the most important reason for using the DEX doesnt make sense for me at all.

And yes, i have used Bitshares DEX, and from what i can see on the "proposed" new waves dex design, the waves dex will look quite similar to how BTS dex is right now. BTS dex is very easy to use :S, the only confusing this is the naming of the assets, that it doesnt have more assets after these many years in operation is very scary. Havent used Etherdelta bc of the high fees (but those has decreased drastically since the update)....

However, i really do wish Waves DEX takes of and receives a lot of volume.
colombuszka

Activity: 802
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:31:26 PM

Gonna hit $2 soon lads!!!

Than it will be time to buy some more mate.  Think long term please and forget about the current price.. You don't became a millionaire overnight.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:06:24 PM

As I see old thread is locked (are sasha35625 really broke the rules? seriously  Shocked) I looked for another waves thread and find this.
I would like to get answer on some question:

Will the this: https://blog.wavesplatform.com/waves-updated-roadmap-98c3f1323eed  roadmap deadlines be met?

Where are the plans to make WavesDEX fully decentralised (for now we have much more advanced dex - called bitshares for example)
? Is there any reasons when I should switch from bitshares to wavesdex if I am looking for dex?
Regards and have a nice day!

I personnaly can't clearly discuss the differences between BitShare and Waves as I don't know much about BitShare.

What I can tell you, however, is that WAVES has succesfully implemented the NG protocol (next generation) on the testnet and so far, it has proven to be able to process about 12tx/sec (equivalent to ETH). The good news is that this only represents about 2% of its capabilities, and the developpers are working on a newer version of the testnet to be able to carry out a full stress test to evaluate the maximum transaction speed that this new blockchain can handle (supposedly about 1080 tx/sec). So, by the end of November, WAVES should have the fastest blockchain in existence available on its mainnet.

Furthermore, they will release an upgrated version of their DEX, with integraded trading views and other optimized visual tools. This should help the user experience.

As for the decentralization aspect of the DEX, I think they are working on a way to decentralize the "matcher". This way, any full node that wants to participate in the matching of orders will be able to do so. I don't have a ETA for this, but it should be somewhere next year.

If you are still curious, there are other things you should look for as WAVES is not only a DEX. Check out the partnership with the Moscow Stock Exchange, the upcoming Tokenomica and the upcoming non-Turing complete smart contracts implementation.

Thank you for your answer..
About network speed I found such info:
"Bitspark is moving millions of dollars of remittance volume from Bitcoin to the Bitshares DEX because Bitshares is faster, offers smart coins (bitCNY, bitUSD, bitAnyCurrencyInTheWorld) and is scalable to 100,000+ transactions per second (currently does 10,000 tps, upgrade as needed)" // https://steemit.com/bitshares/@tech-trends/bitshares-is-delisting-on-bittrex-or-13-oct-2017#@johnsmith/re-tech-trends-bitshares-is-delisting-on-bittrex-or-13-oct-2017-20171003t112840746z

As for decentralization aspect  ,it is realy good to know about works on decentralization of "matcher" I hope it will be ready early next year :-)
Thanks for your answer again

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
Figatko

Activity: 243

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:51:55 AM

tell me are we fucked or should I be happy that comparing to USD things are not too bad?
Turing (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:13:31 AM

tell me are we fucked or should I be happy that comparing to USD things are not too bad?

This won't change until Bitcoin stabilizes.
Most alts are "suffering".
Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:51:07 AM

That´s true a lot of alcoins are suffering, but waves was very hard hitting. The price is free falling since days. But i have no doubt that it will start climbing again. The project is too big.
Nefelo

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:25:55 AM

The thing is I could understand people selling at 0.00090 or even at 0.00080 in order to get bitcoingold or segwit or whatever and coming back again later on with profits, but...selling already at 0.00048 like we are in hell and loosing a lot of money? Maybe people selling think this is the end of waves...
 Weak hands are really stupid right now. We could go to 0.00030??? 0.00020 (Ico's price!!!)Huh This is a crazy situation I think. Obviously this project is so damn good we will recover eventually the price but maybe have to wait months because of this situation.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: