Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:18:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The END of ICO's?  (Read 8832 times)
AleSergio

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:35:49 PM

ICO wont end because US and China is not the only countries, who are creating projects and ICOs.
Still others countries can do ICOs and investors from US and China can still participate in them, so there is nothing to worry about.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:42:08 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 06:05:06 PM by Hyperme.sh

ICO wont end because US and China is not the only countries, who are creating projects and ICOs.
Still others countries can do ICOs and investors from US and China can still participate in them, so there is nothing to worry about.

Disagree. All of the nations will fall into compliance, the same as they were forced to do for FATCA.

The legality of competitively proof-of-work mined coins are not at all afflicted by recent events.

So prior rulings about the legality of Bitcoin are irrelevant to the issue about ICOs.

The difference compared to prior Chinese regulatory actions, is that this appears to have been a coordinated event amongst regulators in many nations.

And the ETH ICO madness was entirely out-of-control and risking naive investors’ funds in a plethora of scams. It became a new Xerox copy ICO every day scam. The nations had no choice but to act. And surely the SEC and other nations will follow. I think Asia acted first because their governments are less democratic and more authoritarian, so they can act quicker. The democratic nations will follow because their regulators have the same responsibility to their citizens. The wheels just move slower in the democratic nations. Asia is finely oil machine that is more efficient than the West now.

The issue is not exclusive to China. China, Canada, Russia, South Korea, and Singapore have warned about coming enforcement action. The SEC already recently warned in the context of The DAO. Obviously the recent events are coordinated between regulators in all these nations including probably the SEC.

Click here for a longer explanation of why proof-of-work mined tokens are not investment securities and thus not afflicted by recent events.

The above link also discusses Ethereum’s ETH, Ethereum ICOs, and others.

It is also very important to note that pre-existing ICO-issued tokens, are illegal to trade and can be delisted from exchanges. Your home country can make it illegal for you to trade them. The above link explains this is more detail.

Please stop spreading the incorrect information, implying that ICOs will come back or that pre-existing ICOs can still be traded. Most people do not want to go to jail or suffer fines. Even if they regulate ICOs, these will only be tradeable on registered exchanges and will not be spendable as cryptocurrencies (i.e. not allowed to be traded decentralized). Thus these new regulated ICOs will not be very useful. It will not be the same.

Many shady exchanges and their largest traders are likely to suffer fines and threats of criminal prosecutions. Today is only the beginning of a massive global crackdown. The gears may move somewhat slowly but over the coming year there will be massive changes to the crypto ecosystem. All the hard-headed will have their fingertips burned up to their armpits as necessary for authorities to stop the rapid proliferation of investment securities scams.
hangar18

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:43:11 PM

I don't think so, this isn't so much about whales, it's about the news coming out of China. China is going to have all ICO's "investigated by local regulatory authorities," so they can control the ICO market- I read something like about it. Don't panic, keep clam.

Thank you for your nice statement, and this is really makes me more comfortable when I heard some bad news about ICO and government regulations. Although this also created panic selling, and caused chaos in the market. Hopefully this moment will be over as soon as.
There is a need to regulates the ICO's as this is being circulating over. Yes this makes certain resolution to lessen the Scam ICO as of these days. So I believe this will be resolved soon and many supporters are still in, so no panic will be exists.
China is first country have rules about ICOs in their country and they will have new rules about cryptocurrency market soon, I bilieve my predict is right. Because China is one of countries have more speculative than other countries on the world.
truimpheriues

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:51:35 PM

only china goverment banned about ico can't killer ico project, about USA with SEC is very long time not support ico project
i think ico project still can run, without china people
but crypto curency is anonymous, so all china people still can invest in ico project
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:58:52 PM

only china goverment banned about ico can't killer ico project, about USA with SEC is very long time not support ico project
but crypto curency is anonymous, so all china people still can invest in ico project

There will be no greater fools to sell the ICOs to, when they are not legal.

The ICO scam model depends on selling to newbies who come in and believe these 100s of Xerox copy ICOs each have a chance to become the next Bitcoin or Ethereum.

Nobody is going to speculate on illegal ICOs, because there will be no mass market for them, thus no way to hype them.

And it is not just USA and China that are banning ICOs. Same as was the case for FATCA (a USA only law), it became enforced in every country in the world, because the USA threatened to penalize every nation that did not comply.

We’ve already got Canada, Russia, China, Singapore, South Korea, and the USA warning about ICOs.

You’d have to be blind to argue this is not a critical mass.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:11:58 PM

I think this is somehow good for the old coins who was able to establish their names. There's a lot of new coins every month. Imagine there's almost thousands of altcoins and not all of them are worth keeping. If ICOs will be regulated, there would be lesser coin which makes it good for investors. Coin value will be bigger with lesser competitors.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
vtos marketing

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:13:21 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 06:33:17 PM by vtos marketing

I think the use of tokens form waves or ether to use on icos will be the best way to crowdfund real icos , we are devepoling a social video network using etherum tokens  VTOS, the idea is to pay the content creators and the viewers to give bandwidth using p2p, in the coming months will be doing the marketing here in this forum.

tha main problem i see is to give some test of the service not only showing the white paper and the marketing. so our ico will be launch with a working version of the service

hopefully, we can get your support in this coming months.

teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8F1E__jnfc

Regards.

edgardo aguirre
VTOS
geac.xraekhurcoe

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 06:36:46 PM

Only centralized things can end and we are talking about decentralization tech, the blockchain, designed from the ground to be unstoppable and unregulated. So some Governments want their share of those ICO's and this is also not entirely doable. Keep in mind that scams will never follow Government policy and blockchain users will always be free to judge in what to invest. If Government start to take his share of projects to create a Gov listing of their approved ICO's it will also pay less for the investor and thus reduce ROI, so basically it will stay as is for the rest of projects and those GOV listed will pay a little bit less like on IPO's. If you are an aggressive investor that love those returns of currently ICO's everything is fine. If you are basically an IPO investor than you will have your space on the crypto world and than the crypto eco system will gain again and everybody will be happy.

҉ Planet QYBB   ҉
Legendari

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:48:45 PM

I agree with you. China only 15% of the total cryptocurrency market. This is not much impact on the industry, moreover now the ico will be fewer, and therefore more capital will go to other ico and they will be successful.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:40:32 PM

ICO will continue to exist. However, the most reliable ones will remain, without elements of fraud that will be carried out in the context of possible state regulation of such countries as the US and China. Therefore, you do not need to panic.
rizkyaza

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:14:45 PM

hopefully with the existence of this case, then there will be more stringent regulations in making ico, so that all can run according to the time in the plan, or to reduce the name of a scam, because this sometimes for them to cheat using the term ico even though the tail, besides that now is also rampant ico that does not fit the schedule so that investors feel disappointed, I agree with china but there should be a solution do not just prohibit it

▬▬▬▬▬  Goal Bonanza ◆ Football Betting Revolution  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █         [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [Slack] [ANN Thread]         █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   TOKEN PRE-SALE ▶ Oct 1, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:40:31 PM

I think this will be the end of ICOs, we are likely to see many project going the way of Zcash, the way the token was distributed to those that backed the project and miners take the rest, or more project will go for Airdropping  which I believe will be more acceptable to the community
unbotak

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:21:06 PM

china, singapore, Usa completely forbids its citizens to join ICO, but besides China still allow ICO outside public services like housing and fundraising, I think this is an exception because they must also think by issuing limits while making the right rules , they are aware of the potential of the ICO if it is tied to the rules of accountability fees so that the ICO's potentially scam can be minimized.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:24:03 PM

This is one step closer to regulate the ICO market because many people are getting scammed because they send money to people they don't know to project that doesn't exists and nobody can do anything to them.

If china banned the ICO's then it doesn't mean that all ICOs are stopped now and won't continue, it should take longer time to block all ICOs.

ICOs will continue running outside the China and so on.
Halcyon Days

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:33:10 PM

No surprise this is happening the ICO's were getting out of hand becoming harder and harder to pick the legit projects. Sucks that it has to be done like this if only people were not greed driven scam artist this may not have been an issue.

I agree, finally this madness is over. There were too many ICOs which had no additional benefit, but kept repeating buzzwords presenting in their whitepaper and roadmap. I love the freedom of choice, but for all the other countries, hopefully, this will help to improve future ICOs.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
hyunee

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:20:55 AM

This will be a long way run of discussions with the government. We all know that the government only wants us to prevent from scammers. But I really do believe and think that bitcoin will have a great future in our world. It has a great impact in the economy. I do hope that the government of the countries who banned alt coins will realized how great alt coins are.
joker8

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:40:06 AM

So many topics about ICO's. Sooner or later the good projects will be succesful.
CryptoCMaster

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:45:38 AM

Well I think its not even begining Smiley it will just be more regulated so not many scams how are right now.

Its good thing it will be more regulated. Price will go up again soon Wink
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:21:22 AM

No i don't think this is the end.

But it will change much , more country's will follow .
I don't think it is a bad thing if you have seen all the scam ico's over the past year just there to grab as much money as possible.

Maybe we will see more airdrop coins or simply more money to the better projects.

inthelongrun

Activity: 1736
Merit: 593

The Martian Child

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:25:33 AM

Whether ICOs will come to end simply because a single or handful of countries do not have the taste of it to their liking does not necessarily follow. As regards, regulation of ICOs, I am in favor of it. People or companies and their projects should not use ICO that easily. There must be some set of rules to make sure ICOs are all legitimate and that scams and other similar schemes cannot use it for their personal riches alone.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████