Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:15:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto  (Read 149739 times)
stevebrush

Activity: 361
Merit: 11

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 09:11:30 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 10:21:03 PM by stevebrush

http://irdpool.tk is upgraded (again) to the new HF node. I had to removed a very old workaround I did due to a bug in the original node. Sorry for the inconvenience.
You did ? really ? you found the solution months ago ? I can't believe this, otherwise you would have fix your pool instantly. For information, it was not a bug of the original node but a Bytecoin 2.1.1 code bug. And like everybody knows, Iridium start by a Bytecoin fork. I updated the core to Bytecoin 2.1.2 a week before the last hard fork attempt and start to really personalise the coin. This bug has been fixed by this update, so you run your pool with the old code since 2 months ?

stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 10:50:42 PM

#######################################################################

Hard Fork is coming...

Here is the list of known pools that switch to the 2.1.3 core daemon and
therefore are ready for the hard fork scheduled on Friday at block 69500

https://irdpool.fr
https://irdpool.de
http://ird.cashpool.us
http://irdpool.tk
http://irdpool.ru

I'm not aware of other pool yet but feel free to announce yours there

seed nodes are ready too.

#######################################################################

Attractor

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:12:18 PM

I made git checkout to v2.1.3, built it, but it shows version v2.1.2 on the top
stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 11:18:49 PM

For the wallet ? you have to update the submodule too : git submodule foreach git pull origin master, I update build instructions on GitHub...

Attractor

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:39:46 PM

For the wallet ? you have to update the submodule too : git submodule foreach git pull origin master, I update build instructions on GitHub...
Yes only for the wallet.
ok I'll try this way
IRD-PoolOperator

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:16:04 AM

http://irdpool.tk is upgraded (again) to the new HF node. I had to removed a very old workaround I did due to a bug in the original node. Sorry for the inconvenience.
You did ? really ? you found the solution months ago ? I can't believe this, otherwise you would have fix your pool instantly. For information, it was not a bug of the original node but a Bytecoin 2.1.1 code bug. And like everybody knows, Iridium start by a Bytecoin fork. I updated the core to Bytecoin 2.1.2 a week before the last hard fork attempt and start to really personalise the coin. This bug has been fixed by this update, so you run your pool with the old code since 2 months ?
By fixing the bug in the original code you broke the way every pool has functioned since the very beginning, a bit surprising you consider it outside of the scope of the blockchain development.

I'm referring to the original code the node was built from, and no, the node has not been updated since the last time it was necessary to do so.  http://irdpool.tk is the oldest pool on the network, I will not be subjecting it to every latest patch the moment it comes out before end-users have a chance to test it. This update was applied because it is required, and unlike last time you bothered to actually message me about it.

The way you are posting is embarrassing to this project and the network. Like you I do this for free, but I still have a modest amount of professionalism and I would have been happy to keep this exchange private. This could have been resolved simply by stating the minor change required that *every pool* must do, instead of passive-aggressive taunting.
Petiyashaket

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:31:35 AM

The wallet 2.1.3 can not be installed on top of the old wallet. If this is done, the wallet will not finish synchronizing and will not show a balance, and the synchronization will be 1 block ahead. Only by completely deleting all the data of the old wallet you will succeed, you only need to insert the key.
Blasphemer

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:04:37 AM

What should I do when hardfork started?
Alexey Sukharev

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:48:05 AM

Just update your wallet and keep mining waiting for reuslts of HF that DEV team will tell us.
stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 07:39:24 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2021, 04:14:05 PM by stevebrush

The wallet 2.1.3 can not be installed on top of the old wallet. If this is done, the wallet will not finish synchronizing and will not show a balance, and the synchronization will be 1 block ahead. Only by completely deleting all the data of the old wallet you will succeed, you only need to insert the key.
It depends, It can be installed on the top of the 2.1.2 version.
From the old version (the ugly one), just update. In any case, backup your wallet(s) : https://www.ird.cash/how-to-back-up-your-iridium-wallet/

acryptodealer

Activity: 52
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:39:34 AM

Looks like Iridiumdev abandoned project. Who is working on everything now and can i get an update on what you guys are working on?
stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 07:45:33 AM

Nothing, you can update now. After HF, the 2.1.2 wallet will stop working, just upgrade to the 2.1.3 version.

stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 08:19:45 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2021, 04:12:52 PM by stevebrush

Looks like Iridiumdev abandoned project. Who is working on everything now and can i get an update on what you guys are working on?
It's me, but I'm not working on everything. You can stay tuned by joining us on Discord : https://discord.gg/xU85tpS

stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 09:03:20 AM

By fixing the bug in the original code you broke the way every pool has functioned since the very beginning, a bit surprising you consider it outside of the scope of the blockchain development.

I'm referring to the original code the node was built from, and no, the node has not been updated since the last time it was necessary to do so.  http://irdpool.tk is the oldest pool on the network, I will not be subjecting it to every latest patch the moment it comes out before end-users have a chance to test it. This update was applied because it is required, and unlike last time you bothered to actually message me about it.

The way you are posting is embarrassing to this project and the network. Like you I do this for free, but I still have a modest amount of professionalism and I would have been happy to keep this exchange private. This could have been resolved simply by stating the minor change required that *every pool* must do, instead of passive-aggressive taunting.

I don't agree, I don't like insincerity and I think everyone should know what really happens : I gave you every keys, I just don't gave you the easy solution.
If only you follow a little the project, you would have been aware and if only if you had been nice, I surely assist you fixing this minor change.
I really don't like receiving laconic message like "My pool stopped unlocking blocks are moving over to the new version, here's the relevant error messages..." point. It is disrespectful.

By updating the code 2 month ago I put things back in the right order. Since the 2.1.2 update, no more change is required in the pool code so everyone can build a pool easily. So modification for *every pool* ? not really, just yours because you stay left. Every others run fine since 2 month.

One last thing : I don't care about modest amount of professionalism or politically correct. Just sincerity, respect, kindness and results matter to me.
closed discussion.

stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 09:35:32 AM

Whooo, global network hashrate is growing fast.

stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 10:12:28 AM

Hard Fork is coming...

pools are ready, nodes are ready but is your wallet ready ?
Here are the instructions : http://ird.cash/wallet-version-2-1-3-is-released-be-ready-for-the-next-hard-fork-scheduled-on-friday-26th-of-january

IRD-PoolOperator

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:25:01 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 11:37:00 AM by IRD-PoolOperator

I'm referring to the original code the node was built from, and no, the node has not been updated since the last time it was necessary to do so.  http://irdpool.tk is the oldest pool on the network, I will not be subjecting it to every latest patch the moment it comes out before end-users have a chance to test it. This update was applied because it is required, and unlike last time you bothered to actually message me about it.

I don't agree, I don't like insincerity and I think everyone should know what really happens : I gave you every keys, I just don't gave you the easy solution.
If only you follow a little the project, you would have been aware and if only if you had been nice, I surely assist you fixing this minor change.
I really don't like receiving laconic message like "My pool stopped unlocking blocks are moving over to the new version, here's the relevant error messages..." point. It is disrespectful.

By updating the code 2 month ago I put things back in the right order. Since the 2.1.2 update, no more change is required in the pool code so everyone can build a pool easily. So modification for *every pool* ? not really, just yours because you stay left. Every others run fine since 2 month.

One last thing : I don't care about modest amount of professionalism or politically correct. Just sincerity, respect, kindness and results matter to me.
closed discussion.
I simply reiterate, you fundamentally changed the way the node handled blocks. Not only did you break every pool (or at least any pool that has been around for any real period of time) with your change, you apparently also broke the GUI wallets as well (as per Petiyashaket). You did not ever inform me of this until I sent you the relevant logs (which is precisely the point), at which point the answer was simple because you understood that you had broken anything that communicates with the node via RPC. Instead you decided to intentionally withhold the specific information from me.

While you're stumbling your way through a git pull of the upstream ByteCoin you might bother to note any ecosystem breaking changes next time.

How exactly are you going to handle this when an exchange is trying to communicate with the node software? Get angry at them, too? Clearly it's their fault that you changed the way everything has functioned since the beginning, I mean, it was a bug after all. It's concerns like this that made me want to keep this private.
stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 11:49:51 AM

closed discussion.
I simply reiterate, you fundamentally changed the way the node handled blocks. Not only did you break every pool (or at least any pool that has been around for any real period of time) with your change, you apparently also broke the GUI wallets as well (as per Petiyashaket). You did not ever inform me of this until I sent you the relevant logs (which is precisely the point), at which point the answer was simple because you understood that you had broken anything that communicates with the node via RPC. Instead you decided to intentionally withhold the specific information from me.
While you're stumbling your way through a git pull of the upstream ByteCoin you might bother to note any ecosystem breaking changes next time.
How exactly are you going to handle this when an exchange is trying to communicate with the node software? Get angry at them, too? Clearly it's their fault that you changed the way everything has functioned since the beginning, I mean, it was a bug after all. It's concerns like this that made me want to keep this private.
Can't you read ? I said discussion closed.

IRD-PoolOperator

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:05:35 PM

closed discussion.
Can't you read ? I said discussion closed.
Asking for professionalism now? I get you're having fun playing developer by copy+pasting other people's code into a badly launched, out of date bytecoin fork but please understand some of us actually do have real development we're focused on and can't pay attention to every flailing attempt to push a HF within unrealistic time windows or botched version update (as has become the norm in the history of this coin).

I'm just here trying to maintain the oldest beacon on this network, back when there were barely any nodes and massively centralized hashrates. I'm not interested in indulging your fantasies or ego trips, simply to provide a stable service to people who have been mining with me since the very beginning of this coin. It would have been very helpful for you to mention ecosystem breaking bugs. Instead you've explained you intentionally withheld the information because you didn't like the way I said I was going to communicate with you by sending you logs of error messages, or because I don't donate (to you? hah).
stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 02:18:31 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 02:48:16 PM by stevebrush

Asking for professionalism now? I get you're having fun playing developer by copy+pasting other people's code into a badly launched, out of date bytecoin fork but please understand some of us actually do have real development we're focused on and can't pay attention to every flailing attempt to push a HF within unrealistic time windows or botched version update (as has become the norm in the history of this coin).

I'm just here trying to maintain the oldest beacon on this network, back when there were barely any nodes and massively centralized hashrates. I'm not interested in indulging your fantasies or ego trips, simply to provide a stable service to people who have been mining with me since the very beginning of this coin. It would have been very helpful for you to mention ecosystem breaking bugs. Instead you've explained you intentionally withheld the information because you didn't like the way I said I was going to communicate with you by sending you logs of error messages, or because I don't donate (to you? hah).
Copy/paste take long time, you should be aware Smiley The discussion is closed. I can't wait to be on Friday.

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: