Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:14:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto  (Read 149741 times)
CreamyCheesecake

Activity: 339
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 03:44:12 AM

Just as expected, once IRD hit an exchange it was going to hit them with a very low price. Seriously this is an extremely low cap coin. With current price and current supply (120 sats and almost 8,786,423 coins) The market cap is at barely 100k. I mean is not like the coin has any usecase or is backed up by anyone but the opportunity to grow is definitely there.

▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬  ● ▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬ ● ▬  A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM ▬▬▬► WP
MEDIUM | REDDIT | FACEBOOK | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | YOUTUBE | ANNOUNCEMENT
nanona

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:10:51 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 08:21:08 AM by nanona

Just as expected, once IRD hit an exchange it was going to hit them with a very low price. Seriously this is an extremely low cap coin. With current price and current supply (120 sats and almost 8,786,423 coins) The market cap is at barely 100k. I mean is not like the coin has any usecase or is backed up by anyone but the opportunity to grow is definitely there.

It's always funny when people ask for a "use case". First of all I consider all those "use cases" in all those whitepapers to be nothing but hot air. Secondly, life doesn't flow that way. Many of the greatest inventions and greatest companies today are not doing what their inventors/founders thought their "use case" would be. Companies were founded to make washing machines or sewing machines and today they make cars or airplanes. And those are not even the most unusual examples. We will see what Iridium and any other cryptocurrency (hint, hint) will be used for.

BTW, the same people I always see asking for a team as opposed to a community. They consider a loose community (driven by motivation) inferior to a corporate team (bound by corporate rules and bossed around by a slave owner). Makes you wonder if they even understand the basic principle of the blockchain space: decentralisation
l3pox
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1135

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:17:40 PM

are there any plans to list on bigger exchanges already?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
stevebrush

Activity: 361

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 05:38:14 PM

are there any plans to list on bigger exchanges already?
Of course ! donations are here for this too Wink

CreamyCheesecake

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 10:07:50 PM

It's always funny when people ask for a "use case". First of all I consider all those "use cases" in all those whitepapers to be nothing but hot air. Secondly, life doesn't flow that way. Many of the greatest inventions and greatest companies today are not doing what their inventors/founders thought their "use case" would be. Companies were founded to make washing machines or sewing machines and today they make cars or airplanes. And those are not even the most unusual examples. We will see what Iridium and any other cryptocurrency (hint, hint) will be used for.

BTW, the same people I always see asking for a team as opposed to a community. They consider a loose community (driven by motivation) inferior to a corporate team (bound by corporate rules and bossed around by a slave owner). Makes you wonder if they even understand the basic principle of the blockchain space: decentralisation

What's funny is how you relate what I said to an ICO. I never talked about a whitepaper nor a corporate team.

a use case is a list of actions or event steps typically defining the interactions between a role and a system to achieve a goal.

What I mean by this is that I wonder what makes people choose iridium over any other blockchain, what is the iridium blockchain going to help them do that they can't do with any other blockchain already? If it's just a forked coin, why not just go with monero then? There has to be a value proposition that differentiates Iridium to make it attractive.

Decentralisation also means not only having to rely in one coin if I want the same or even better benefits, but it doesn't mean that just because there's another coin with the same specs I will end up using it.

It's also ironic that you mention the greatest companies of today (without mentioning names but is implicit) and then you bash corporations as if those companies weren't funded with corporate money and corporate influence but anyways, you mention how companies were founded to make something and they ended up doing something else. A great thing to emphasise there, they started doing something. What is iridium doing already?

A corporate team is not superior than a community, this coin is based on the principle that "people are power". Where is the community here? I only see you and few other people aside from the devs making this thread 150+ pages. If there would be a rich list, I really wonder how "decentralised" and distributed the supply would be.

This coin is also barely 9 months old I know, but the blockchain and fintech space as a whole moves rapidly and if your progress doesn't sync with the pace of the industry, you will get behind.

stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 12:10:58 AM

What's funny is how you relate what I said to an ICO. I never talked about a whitepaper nor a corporate team.

a use case is a list of actions or event steps typically defining the interactions between a role and a system to achieve a goal.

What I mean by this is that I wonder what makes people choose iridium over any other blockchain, what is the iridium blockchain going to help them do that they can't do with any other blockchain already? If it's just a forked coin, why not just go with monero then? There has to be a value proposition that differentiates Iridium to make it attractive.

Decentralisation also means not only having to rely in one coin if I want the same or even better benefits, but it doesn't mean that just because there's another coin with the same specs I will end up using it.

It's also ironic that you mention the greatest companies of today (without mentioning names but is implicit) and then you bash corporations as if those companies weren't funded with corporate money and corporate influence but anyways, you mention how companies were founded to make something and they ended up doing something else. A great thing to emphasise there, they started doing something. What is iridium doing already?

A corporate team is not superior than a community, this coin is based on the principle that "people are power". Where is the community here? I only see you and few other people aside from the devs making this thread 150+ pages. If there would be a rich list, I really wonder how "decentralised" and distributed the supply would be.

This coin is also barely 9 months old I know, but the blockchain and fintech space as a whole moves rapidly and if your progress doesn't sync with the pace of the industry, you will get behind.
I understand : currently, there is no use case, asics makes me postpone applications development for IRD, maybe luckily, also due to zawy's DAA : I see many cryptonote coin under attacks. You're right there is not a "big" community here but there is one, mainly on Discord, aside an alone dev. I would appreciate any help to develop the website, block explorer, the wiki, the api but after calls, nobody, so things goes slowly but they goes : this is the third hard fork since beginning of the year and with the development an the tests I made, it's a full time job.

My goal is to provide a technically stable and fair coin. The next step is to promote it and it will. Personally, I did not see any reasons to use IRD more than another one but I like the stability we have currently, I like the name, I like hearing people having idea or just complaining about exchange, I like to exchange with other devs I met. I'm not in a competition, I don't care about this.
For a rich list, I don't know if it's possible in a cryptonote coin but if community ask, I will did it.

CreamyCheesecake

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 12:27:48 AM

I understand : currently, there is no use case, asics makes me postpone applications development for IRD, maybe luckily, also due to zawy's DAA : I see many cryptonote coin under attacks. You're right there is not a "big" community here but there is one, mainly on Discord, aside an alone dev. I would appreciate any help to develop the website, block explorer, the wiki, the api but after calls, nobody, so things goes slowly but they goes : this is the third hard fork since beginning of the year and with the development an the tests I made, it's a full time job.

My goal is to provide a technically stable and fair coin. The next step is to promote it and it will. Personally, I did not see any reasons to use IRD more than another one but I like the stability we have currently, I like the name, I like hearing people having idea or just complaining about exchange, I like to exchange with other devs I met. I'm not in a competition, I don't care about this.
For a rich list, I don't know if it's possible in a cryptonote coin but if community ask, I will did it.

Is totally understandable that development will be slower because you're the only full time dev for the coin and I appreciate your work, I don't want to negatively criticise your work, don't misunderstand me, I just point out some facts I've come across when I try to talk about this coin with other people. I love the wallet gui design I think is much better than the majority of alt wallets out there.

I would like to help in anyway I can, I have some experience with graphic design so I could help in that sense.

nanona

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:32:35 AM

Neither did I talk about an ICO, nor did I claim that you asked for a whitepaper or corporate team. Don't make things up.

A privacy coin (CryptoNote) and a rich list (i.e. all address balances are public) are two things which are mutually exclusive.
KAMINSKINIK

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:08:49 AM

Good day to all!

I downloaded the latest version of XMrig (https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/releases) I installed the configuration file (config.json), run the miner and the low difficulty share error.
Here's what's in the configuration file (config.json):

{
    "algo": "cryptonight-lite",  // cryptonight (default) or cryptonight-lite
    "av": 0,                // algorithm variation, 0 auto select
    "background": false,    // true to run the miner in the background
    "colors": true,         // false to disable colored output    
    "cpu-affinity": null,   // set process affinity to CPU core(s), mask "0x3" for cores 0 and 1
    "cpu-priority": null,   // set process priority (0 idle, 2 normal to 5 highest)
    "donate-level": 1,      // donate level, mininum 1%
    "log-file": null,       // log all output to a file, example: "c:/some/path/xmrig.log"
    "max-cpu-usage": 75,    // maximum CPU usage for automatic mode, usually limiting factor is CPU cache not this option.  
    "print-time": 60,       // print hashrate report every N seconds
    "retries": 5,           // number of times to retry before switch to backup server
    "retry-pause": 5,       // time to pause between retries
    "safe": false,          // true to safe adjust threads and av settings for current CPU
    "threads": null,        // number of miner threads
    "pools": [
        {
            "url": "test.irdpool.fr:1111", // URL of mining server
            "user": "ir2EECF4DBG3qtxW9wj37PRahaU6pvBk9WxtUhuDJpQfGP3j9U38c8uYRqCH5wubU6auGr7zUB39PYB qx2HTcFSK1CgTtbhjA",           // username for mining server
            "pass": "x",                     // password for mining server
            "keepalive": true,               // send keepalived for prevent timeout (need pool support)
            "nicehash": false,               // enable nicehash/xmrig-proxy support
            "variant": -1                    // algorithm PoW variant
        }
    ],
    "api": {
        "port": 0,                             // port for the miner API https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/wiki/API
        "access-token": null,                  // access token for API
        "worker-id": null                      // custom worker-id for API
    }
}
stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 09:48:13 AM

Good day to all!

I downloaded the latest version of XMrig (https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/releases) I installed the configuration file (config.json), run the miner and the low difficulty share error.

{...
        {
            "user": "ir2EECF4DBG3qtxW9wj37PRahaU6pvBk9WxtUhuDJpQfGP3j9U38c8uYRqCH5wubU6auGr7zUB39PYB qx2HTcFSK1CgTtbhjA",           // username for mining server
            "keepalive": true,               // send keepalived for prevent timeout (need pool support)
        }
    ],
}
Just change variant : -1 to variant : 1 in pool config : -1 mean auto, 0 is lite, 1 is lite variant 1

GeoManna

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:01:10 AM

Good, if people will have equal power
KAMINSKINIK

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:26:31 AM

Good day to all!

{...
        {
        }
    ],
}
Just change variant : -1 to variant : 1 in pool config : -1 mean auto, 0 is lite, 1 is lite variant 1

Steve, buddy, thanks, it worked.
nanona

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:02:26 AM

Folks, point your CPU/GPUs to Iridium 10-20 blocks before 115200. Remember that Iridium is already on TradeOgre and there are quite a few people waiting to see if the HF will succeed before they are going to fill their bags. You know what this means for the price.

Steve, I hope all pool operators are on discord and they are aware and all on-board for the HF.
stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 12:10:50 PM

Folks, point your CPU/GPUs to Iridium 10-20 blocks before 115200. Remember that Iridium is already on TradeOgre and there are quite a few people waiting to see if the HF will succeed before they are going to fill their bags. You know what this means for the price.
Steve, I hope all pool operators are on discord and they are aware and all on-board for the HF.
I would recommend to deploy horsepower at block 115201, this will be the first one V4 in cryptonight lite V1, before, it's cryptonight.
you can send horsepower with the new cn lite v1 algo a few blocks before : shares will be rejected and pool will ban you during 30 seconds (at least on https://irdpool.frhttps://irdpool.ca, https://irdpool.net) until the V4 block.

All pools devs are on discord except one, guess which Wink, they are aware, I provide them patchs and new libs.

nanona

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:26:24 PM

I would recommend to deploy horsepower at block 115201, this will be the first one V4 in cryptonight lite V1, before, it's cryptonight.
you can send horsepower with the new cn lite v1 algo a few blocks before : shares will be rejected and pool will ban you during 30 seconds (at least on https://irdpool.frhttps://irdpool.ca, https://irdpool.net) until the V4 block.

True. I was thinking to have an hour or so time to fix the configuration if the new algo or miner won't work immeditely on their rigs. But they'll have to do that of course in the testnet pool, because the mainnet pool will reject their shares as you say.

Glad (almost) everyone is on-board. The HF should be smooth then, unless there is some serious bug in the new code.

Regarding my price prediction from some time ago: Well, Masari nearly went from $0.50 to $2.50 as predicted, but Iridium still didn't start to climb anywhere close to my predicted $0.50 "within the same time frame". Okay, it's just delayed a bit.
stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 01:07:18 AM

#####################################################
Important security update of the core and the wallets
Version 4.0.1 security fix.

This update v4.0.1 is a security fix. Please update ASAP

* switch to cryptonite lite variant 1 also called v7 (asic proof)
* Mixin is now mandatory : min 2 max 10 (improve privacy)
* Calculate difficulty on the right window size
* Various typo and fixes
* update to latest LWMA
* fix MTP size

* Pool owners : Just update core and wallet to 4.0.1 if you're already ready for Monday
 Instructions and help is provided on the discord #pool-operators-private channel

* Miners : support for cryptonite lite variant 1 (also called cryptonite lite v7) is available on the discord #mining channel : there are configurations and command line examples. Currently, successfully tested miners are :

* xmr-stack latest version
* xmrig latest version
* xmrig-nvidia
* xmrig-amd

You can test miner configuration here :https://test.irdpool.fr

* everybody : The wallet GUI is available for MacOs, Linux and Windows at the usual place : https://github.com/iridiumdev/Iridium-wallet/releases/latest

stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 02:39:16 PM

Some news before tomorrow :

About cores :
The 12 seed nodes around the world are now running v4.0.1

About pools :
https://irdpool.fr is running v4.0.1 and pool is ready to fork
https://irdpool.ca is running v4.0.1 and pool is ready to fork
https://irdpool.net is running v4.0.1 and pool is ready to fork
http://irdpool.ru is running 4.0.0 (not a problem for the HF)
http://youpool.io/IRD/ should be updated

no heard about other if they switch, stay tuned.

About exchanges :
- https://tradeogre.com/exchange/BTC-IRD is running v4.0.1 so it is ready.
- https://crex24.com/exchange/IRD-BTC : no news despite mail and pinging on discord but I doubt they won't upgrade, may be later.
- https://altex.exchange/markets&pair=BTC_IRD : we are waiting for answer.

Just a warning : Do not send big tx or tx just before this HF, if something goes wrong or some stay in V3, your tx(s) can be lost.

stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 07:53:33 PM

###################################################################

I made a mistake when I estimate the hard fork date : I use March days instead of April in my spreadsheet...

After new calculation I estimate the HF the May 1 at around 5h UTC. In any case, this is at block 115200

Sorry for that

nanona

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:29:39 PM

I made a mistake when I estimate the hard fork date : I use March days instead of April in my spreadsheet...

After new calculation I estimate the HF the May 1 at around 5h UTC. In any case, this is at block 115200

Sorry for that

That's exactly the estimated time of HF for Masari too ("Upcoming v5 fork at block #170,000 estimated on GMT May 1, 2018 4:55:23 AM").
What better day to HF than the early dawn of May 1st, putting the international workers back to work!  Wink
stevebrush

Iridium (IRD) dev

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 08:40:01 PM

That's exactly the estimated time of HF for Masari too ("Upcoming v5 fork at block #170,000 estimated on GMT May 1, 2018 4:55:23 AM").
What better day to HF than the early dawn of May 1st, putting the international workers back to work!  Wink
Lol ! I wanted to do it on purpose, I will not have succeeded

Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: