Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:24:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Effects of ICO ban in China  (Read 9843 times)
bananadines

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:13:20 PM

I dont think that the chinaban of ICOs will affect the market that hard. China is just going crazy right now and theyre panic selling. But I think we will see nice grows in the future. Just a few coins are going to get fked by china.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:17:19 PM

I dont think that the chinaban of ICOs will affect the market that hard. China is just going crazy right now and theyre panic selling. But I think we will see nice grows in the future. Just a few coins are going to get fked by china.
in fact it did, China has the most miners and very big market in the world, wahts more, other countries will ban ico as China did, the South Korea had already done, this may lead to a very hard situation for ico

europesss

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:24:20 PM

What do you think will happen to crypto currencies following the latest news on the #ban on ICO in China?

will the already successful ICO's refund people's monies to them?

Is it good for governments to ban the use of crypto currencies?

Tell me what you think about any of these.  Smiley

Some scam icos will disappear , that's helpful to the grow of crypto. Also some good projects  are harder to raise money .It's a double-edged sword.
I get the info from some Chinese exchanges that refunds are performing now , including funded icos .
10000BTC

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:26:10 PM

I also want to buy NEO, I think It has a good potential in the future when the ban is removed.
Nascor

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:29:57 PM

as with all type of news the crypto market will eventually stabilize again and return to growth

it's normal to have volatility the first days, investors are worried and everyone is afraid they might lose significant capital

when the heads are cooled down the market returns to normality
nick_nick (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:40:29 PM

I also want to buy NEO, I think It has a good potential in the future when the ban is removed.

Hello, I'm not an expert in the coin market but I read about it being Chinese Ethereum and that Encouraged me to invest in it. Although it's not doing well these days you can give it a try. Please read about what the experts are saying about it before you invest.
CryptoContrib

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 12:46:05 PM

As much as China's actions caught most of us by surprise. I don't think this will be a permanent Ban, it's probably a short term solution for them until they have implemented some sort of regulation.

The pressure being placed on ICO's at the moment might not be a bad thing, it will help to weed out the weaker ICO's leaving only the strong, legit ones standing. Some of the white papers I have seen has been nothing short of shocking, even on ICO's that were able to raise a considerable amount of money. They get away with it because most people don't even take the time to read the white paper. Too many dodgy ICO's dedicate more focus on marketing instead of actual product development.

Right now, we have people like Paris Hilton promoting ICO's so things have obviously gone south, quickly! Whats next?, Kardashian Coins? Oh my Satoshi!

I think all of these challenges that the ICO model is currently faced with (SEC Rulings, China Ban, etc...) are all part of the evolutionary process. One that is fundamental to the growth and improvement of the current model. As with any system or organism, growth and progress won't happen when everything is running smoothly, it happens when the system or organism is challenged or put under stress. In order to survive, it will need to evolve, adapt and grow.

nick_nick (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:44:49 PM

As much as China's actions caught most of us by surprise. I don't think this will be a permanent Ban, it's probably a short term solution for them until they have implemented some sort of regulation.

The pressure being placed on ICO's at the moment might not be a bad thing, it will help to weed out the weaker ICO's leaving only the strong, legit ones standing. Some of the white papers I have seen has been nothing short of shocking, even on ICO's that were able to raise a considerable amount of money. They get away with it because most people don't even take the time to read the white paper. Too many dodgy ICO's dedicate more focus on marketing instead of actual product development.

Right now, we have people like Paris Hilton promoting ICO's so things have obviously gone south, quickly! Whats next?, Kardashian Coins? Oh my Satoshi!

I think all of these challenges that the ICO model is currently faced with (SEC Rulings, China Ban, etc...) are all part of the evolutionary process. One that is fundamental to the growth and improvement of the current model. As with any system or organism, growth and progress won't happen when everything is running smoothly, it happens when the system or organism is challenged or put under stress. In order to survive, it will need to evolve, adapt and grow.

Yes, what you're saying is true but what all of us are preventing is the government coming in to control the system. If the government intervene the market, there will be no difference between the crypto world and the already existing banking system.

Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:12:57 PM

Hello, I'm not an expert in the coin market but I read about it being Chinese Ethereum and that Encouraged me to invest in it. Although it's not doing well these days you can give it a try. Please read about what the experts are saying about it before you invest.

Yes before investing in any coin take some suggestions from experts. but I too heard that NEO is like ETH coin for Chinese. I think after seeing the huge pump in NEO price you felt like to buy this coin right. Who all bought this coin a few days back when it was $20 now they made $10 profit for each coin. now the price is coming down may be you will get a chance to buy this or low price.
nick_nick (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:57:35 PM

Yes before investing in any coin take some suggestions from experts. but I too heard that NEO is like ETH coin for Chinese. I think after seeing the huge pump in NEO price you felt like to buy this coin right. Who all bought this coin a few days back when it was $20 now they made $10 profit for each coin. now the price is coming down may be you will get a chance to buy this or low price.

Do you have any Idea why there is so much pump and dumps in NEO as compared to other cryptos in this short period?
mlhd90

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:50:24 PM

Today, the ban of Chinese ICO perhaps began to take effect, I am very worried about this, BTC started dropped. Investors and trade will do to restore stable market return? When the giant Chinese Bitcoin is squeezing the market BTC and ICO.

Highgod

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:20:25 PM

Maybe the ban in China cause a little troubles in the Ethereum and BTC network and this can be a problem in short time but i dont think this could be a entire "disaster " in long term

Let's see what happens in next months.

nick_nick (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:02:39 PM

Today, the ban of Chinese ICO perhaps began to take effect, I am very worried about this, BTC started dropped. Investors and trade will do to restore stable market return? When the giant Chinese Bitcoin is squeezing the market BTC and ICO.

I think no country can stop internet, they can stop it for some time but can't stop it forever.
There are so many ways of killing a cat.
Nobody can prevent crypto from growing. Not even the most powerful government.
Things will get back to normal very soon.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:23:12 PM

What do you think will happen to crypto currencies following the latest news on the #ban on ICO in China?

will the already successful ICO's refund people's monies to them?

Is it good for governments to ban the use of crypto currencies?

Tell me what you think about any of these.  Smiley
Why you are thinking in this way because here the rules are going to make about the ban of ico not the ban of the cryptocurrency .
Here i my self made better search about this news but only found about the ban of ICOs and regulation of the use of the bitcoin .
So Here we don't need to take any tension about this thing .
And also I think it is good for us to ban ICOs because here I found most of the ICOs investment for me results into loss only ( but few big earnings counterbalanced my loss Cool ).
So overall here we can say that government of the china is helping the public to keep them away from any type of direct loss , so may be not any good ban will be see by the government of china.
So use another option of the investment and forget about the ICOs ( specially for china Smiley ) .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 07:30:55 PM

Maybe the ban in China cause a little troubles in the Ethereum and BTC network and this can be a problem in short time but i dont think this could be a entire "disaster " in long term

Let's see what happens in next months.
I believe though. China makes an announcement, then the price drops, then China buys it all up at lower prices trying to make claim to the majority of Bitcoin/Ethereum. BUY and HOLD very tight, don't care such of these news.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:41:50 PM

Thank God that I wasn't invested on NEO otherwise I'd be like many people here burned with a sad face, they have the audacity to come here and talk about the good days to come for their Ξ counterpart. what are the odds of China shooting every ICO flag in the air just after NEO started to rise? a big coincident or they prevented the catastrophe from happening in their mainland? imagine at least 600 million Chinese were going to find out about it and start investing on ICOs since they promise to increase the ROI of investors hundreds folds nowadays, then China could collapse in matter of weeks.
The small impact on the prices just on the day of the news coming out shows how global crypto currencies are, it shows that Chinese are not the core in this business.

🖤😏
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:59:31 PM

Thank God that I wasn't invested on NEO otherwise I'd be like many people here burned with a sad face, they have the audacity to come here and talk about the good days to come for their Ξ counterpart. what are the odds of China shooting every ICO flag in the air just after NEO started to rise? a big coincident or they prevented the catastrophe from happening in their mainland? imagine at least 600 million Chinese were going to find out about it and start investing on ICOs since they promise to increase the ROI of investors hundreds folds nowadays, then China could collapse in matter of weeks.
The small impact on the prices just on the day of the news coming out shows how global crypto currencies are, it shows that Chinese are not the core in this business.

Well ICO's happened every day in China, most of which were scams. This isn't NEO's fault, however. The ICO launchers chose NEO or ETH because that's practical and safe. But NEO is a lot more than that, you can't deny this.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
gyu22

Activity: 127

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:41:54 AM

I think that bans are a strategy for governments, they want to regulate the technology to have some control of trade markets. In China startups raised almost 2.6 billion yuan ($400 million) in the first half of the year. This is too much value for a authoritarian governemnt. But is so important for the Chineese economy that I think the ban will only be applied in the short term. In months to come we will see regulations.

WARlrus

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:46:48 AM

I think that bans are a strategy for governments, they want to regulate the technology to have some control of trade markets. In China startups raised almost 2.6 billion yuan ($400 million) in the first half of the year. This is too much value for a authoritarian governemnt. But is so important for the Chineese economy that I think the ban will only be applied in the short term. In months to come we will see regulations.

yup gov just want control. no reason for they ban an effective way to make money like this

Virtual Rehab➣➣➣ Psychological Rehabilitation for Vulnerable Populations
oreits11

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:25:29 PM

the strategic point as qualifying risks on exchange as referring to limit with the level of resistance,

that the following on returns with the future work on action

to qualify with those as the customs on sets with the ideal works on manage as involving the different unit on aspects as the intelligence

as referring point of objection.

that the unfair on level of moderation as the customs of policy with the prc country as they have with the barre/strict regulation of information exchange

those must acts as one within parts of the different partisan of business with the crypto currency as

the excess on price as buyer from prc has with the less as unfair with the existence

that they might unfairly adopting the dumping theory as might use of one as the point with the WTO as with the general action on tariff and trade

(GATT) to take examination as they might work of the rules with those as following customs with their policy

as further to enter with fair on absence as attaining business of the (crypto currency ) finance.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: