Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:44:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem Gamblers here who are in Debt ?  (Read 3371 times)
Rinsend

Activity: 784
Merit: 262

AZBI NETWORK - Multichain system

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:05:07 PM

Whenever i remember my bad times i remember those peoples also who lost their everything in this gambling addiction. i want to know what you think about such peoples and how they need to survive after so much losses in their life.
I personally knows some people who are in big debt and they even cant recover that debt and tries to commit suicide every time . so guys can you tell me whats the best solution for them regain their happiness in their life ?

This thread is only for those peoples opinion who faced such situations and recovered or atleast know how to tackle such situations in easy way ( btw i know its not easy )

It is a sad predicament he is in, but nothing really we can do about his money debts. If there would be good people that could try and pay off his debts then that is the best thing for him. However, the root of the problem has not been solved. The problem here is that he is an addicted gambler and he does not even want to work to pay off his debts then we cannot do anything about him.
it would be a miracle if someone suddenly arrived and paid off all the debts he had,
but this would be impossible
because rarely is there anyone who can help the gambler regardless of the debt winding that he is suffering
except for his parents who helped him
IN real time it is not possible, nowadays there is no helping nature like this. People all become selfish if they have enough money also they will not help others who are in trouble. So as you said the parents or brothers or sisters only the family members can help. The friends and other people just give free advice nobody will help.

and this is real happening,
friends can only help morally.
this may be of little help to us
and for the next we must be able to try to get out of debt.
and I'm a little suggesting here to keep our own effort without asking anyone to help pay off the debt.
because if we can get out of debt by own business of course we will be happier when that time happens

▰ AZBI ▰     White Paper
              LinkedIn Twitter Telegram
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:11:29 PM

Some of my friends are in great debt because of gambling and I have seen how far it'll go if they won't be able to return their loans. One of them tried to end his life but fortunately his family saved him and he's fine now. But still think of gambling and it's really hard for him to leave.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
2hot2handle

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:02:50 PM

One of our family member is in debt right now because of gambling and as much as I want to help out of it I want him to learn from his mistakes and hoping the one day he will not let his gambling addiction in control of his life. He lost every property he have now and I really feel bad about it.

Dice    |    Caraycruz    |    Roulette    |    Multicolor   |   Bounties    |    Lottery    |    Exchange    |    Affiliates
████████████████████ [   B I T S L E R   C A S I N O   ] ████████████████████
★           $20,000 Weekly Wagering Contest           ★          $5,000 Weekly BTSLR Coin Contest           ★
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:54:17 PM

One of our family member is in debt right now because of gambling and as much as I want to help out of it I want him to learn from his mistakes and hoping the one day he will not let his gambling addiction in control of his life. He lost every property he have now and I really feel bad about it.

Sometimes people really need to learn from their own mistakes to change their mind. When there are many people trying to help an addicted person the situation is more confortable and the addicted one becomes more rebel and out of control. But if he can really see how sad is his situation by himself maybe he is able to start acting different and listen to the people that tried to help him before.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:54:56 PM

Sometimes people really need to learn from their own mistakes to change their mind. When there are many people trying to help an addicted person the situation is more confortable and the addicted one becomes more rebel and out of control. But if he can really see how sad is his situation by himself maybe he is able to start acting different and listen to the people that tried to help him before.

I think it's not bad to help him in times of this. Just help him ONCE to recoup his loss and strengthen your ties as a family. After regaining, warned him more to the effects of gambling, explain what will be missing if he still continue to gamble. If after helping and he still continue with it, left him for good and let for himself to discover what is the right thing to do. I hope you can help him atleast ONCE cause it will be difficult also for you if he sorted out in a more bad act (steal from someone just to pay his debt, or end his life).
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:21:41 PM

There's no best solution for them to regain happiness, the solution is in their hands. Try to get rid first with their debts and after paying those debts, light will shine on them. And they will feel that it's happy to pay all of those debts. They can't move on if there is something that is pulling them back and that is those debts.

Yeah, problem gamblers who are in debt, they have no properly solution, their debt never give them happiness, and in this way, their family also disturb. The best solution is here or not, but we should avoid to borrow for gambling. All debt disturb your life and these type of gamblers have no respect in others people's eyes.
Borrowing money for the sake of gambling is a deadliest mistake and to be very honest, if the gambler loses that money also, his good days are gone. Financial stability is very essential for a happy and prosperous family life. Indeed, such mistake can give birth to unbearable disturbance.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:45:35 PM

Whenever i remember my bad times i remember those peoples also who lost their everything in this gambling addiction. i want to know what you think about such peoples and how they need to survive after so much losses in their life.
I personally knows some people who are in big debt and they even cant recover that debt and tries to commit suicide every time . so guys can you tell me whats the best solution for them regain their happiness in their life ?

This thread is only for those peoples opinion who faced such situations and recovered or atleast know how to tackle such situations in easy way ( btw i know its not easy )
I know someone from our community before. That was a long time, the husband was addicted not only in alcohol but also in gambling. Everyday he and his wife fought and he's been into too much debt because of gambling. One day the man committed scuicide, after he committed suicide the family found out that aside from the big debt he left their house has also been not sure if sold or pawned. It was a devastating situation that the whole family got entangled with. So in my opinion, to avoid this kind of incident, one must have self discipline  and should know his limits and goals as well as priorities or better not try gambling at all..
Such guys are a disgrace to the world because not just they gave blood tears to their family when they were alive but also made their family suffer by putting debt over their head. I believe rather than suicide the better option is to just be a man and take it on chin.

Work hard, earn money and at least help your family with some funds. Ending your life is not the solution rather just a immediate solution which we can think of once we are in such situations.
btcjocan

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:17:11 PM

It is a sad predicament he is in, but nothing really we can do about his money debts. If there would be good people that could try and pay off his debts then that is the best thing for him. However, the root of the problem has not been solved. The problem here is that he is an addicted gambler and he does not even want to work to pay off his debts then we cannot do anything about him.
it would be a miracle if someone suddenly arrived and paid off all the debts he had,
because rarely is there anyone who can help the gambler regardless of the debt winding that he is suffering
IN real time it is not possible, nowadays there is no helping nature like this. People all become selfish if they have enough money also they will not help others who are in trouble. So as you said the parents or brothers or sisters only the family members can help. The friends and other people just give free advice nobody will help.

and I'm a little suggesting here to keep our own effort without asking anyone to help pay off the debt.
because if we can get out of debt by own business of course we will be happier when that time happens

A gambler needs attention from friends or any family member, that's why it kept on a recurring situation that they went on debt most of the time. They've seek attention most of the time from their reliable sources, and borrowed more money just to satisfy their gambling motives. Getting out of a debt will not happen if a gambler doesn't change his attitude and never cut the gambling activities he had in his life.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:55:21 PM

A gambler needs attention from friends or any family member, that's why it kept on a recurring situation that they went on debt most of the time. They've seek attention most of the time from their reliable sources, and borrowed more money just to satisfy their gambling motives. Getting out of a debt will not happen if a gambler doesn't change his attitude and never cut the gambling activities he had in his life.

What you said is the correct solution to get rid of gambling habit and further more loss. Just forget what you lost and start life new and try to work harder and be happy with what you got.
majdoso

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:18:34 AM

Debt is really a big trap. A smart gambler have to be careful and control him self to not get addicted and drown i debts. Paying back people is not easy especially when they owe you big amount of money.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:51:01 AM

Honestly there is no way for help those who have this problem, that's why we always tell to other people better not to loan money for gambling because you will be in problem. maybe the only way for you to keep alive, easy never think if you had lose much money in gambling
It is a sad and harsh reality indeed. They could have been saved if they were at the verge of destruction but they are already destroyed so nothing much can be done for such people. Goodness can only save them. However, it can be a lesson for other gamblers, specially the new ones.
Gambling is very addictive and fatal. It is very funny to see people digging their graves by their own hands by gambling with all the wealth. Above that, they speed up the process by burrowing money from others. It is like adding fuel into fire. I hope people understand that how much harmful gambling can be for them and their close ones.
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:11:39 AM

Some of my friends are in great debt because of gambling and I have seen how far it'll go if they won't be able to return their loans. One of them tried to end his life but fortunately his family saved him and he's fine now. But still think of gambling and it's really hard for him to leave.

It was a very bad choice to decide to commit suicide, maybe it was because of solitude, I mean it might be because he did not tell his friend or family that he had so much debt and kept it alone. Or has run out of ways to pay off the debt he has. My advice maybe you can help him, you and your friends leave the money and give it to him, maybe help pay off his debt.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
Shutup

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:45:40 AM

I experience it before I have so many percentage debts.Because of my husband vises,addicted to gambling.He buy what he wants no limitations even he can afford.He will barrow money just to get what he wants.I think thats the beggining when we started not to understand its other until our relationship is not healthy anymore.It ended to separation.When it comes to financial problem of course mother most be worried of it.So I catched all those problem.Until now as a single mom I still own alone my problem.
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:21:29 PM

Debt is really a big trap. A smart gambler have to be careful and control him self to not get addicted and drown i debts. Paying back people is not easy especially when they owe you big amount of money.
that's why its not advisable to borrowed money when you are going to play gambling, its really a risky move coming from a gambler, he can't focus
he's mind thinking if how can he pay it if he lose it there, i still believe that we should treat gambling as a sort of entertainment so we can only use
our owned money something that we can afford to lose.

KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:31:03 PM

I know one guy (my friend's friend) who had a lot of debt because of gambling. He's very lucky because his family still care about him, they sold their property to paid the debt. Now he's stopped gambling and help his mother selling vegetable.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:04:37 PM

I feel sorry for him but if possible please get him a job even if you have to pay him from his own pocket, I have seen that when people get busy they actually forget about their addictions. It's not likely to talk here but one of my friends had a terribly habit of smoking and gambling and I was literally helpless as he was a true friend and I could not help him unless we find him a job.
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:38:01 PM

I feel sorry for him but if possible please get him a job even if you have to pay him from his own pocket, I have seen that when people get busy they actually forget about their addictions. It's not likely to talk here but one of my friends had a terribly habit of smoking and gambling and I was literally helpless as he was a true friend and I could not help him unless we find him a job.

That's too bad mate. you already did what you have to as his friend. It's up to him on how his going to handle his own problem. Because all of us can do is to give advice and help them stay away from addiction but at the end it's still up to them if they are willing to give up their addiction problem. 
qwertyup23

Activity: 2268
Merit: 788

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:27:00 PM

You also need to consider that most gamblers' perspective towards gambling is that they can be successful without paying the cost at the end. Now, the result of their decision based from their gambling addiction is being drowned in debt and they still gamble because they believe that gambling can answer all of their financial problems. Being addicted to something destroys all negative implications of the user because what matters to them is the satisfaction that they experience. Why would they change their ways if they feel satisfied? That is one of the problems of most gamblers who cannot control their addiction which needs to be addressed at the quickest time possible.
Klausi

Activity: 536

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:58:57 PM

I know one guy (my friend's friend) who had a lot of debt because of gambling. He's very lucky because his family still care about him, they sold their property to paid the debt. Now he's stopped gambling and help his mother selling vegetable.

That's the problem here, a person won't be able to learn how good profit is but they neglect the opportunity of money to be used for another passive income aside from a gambling investments. Not all family can accommodate you with all your needs, specially when the money isn't enough to paid all the debts you had; how lucky is your friend having that kind of family even though they've lost their property due to gambling debts.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:49:18 AM

Gambling is a fun activity so if anyone can't afford to play these games then there are many other options to get a fun without spending money. But people who addicted to these games and wants a fast money will do these mistakes of gambling with borrowed money and put them in a deep shit. One shouldn't do this big mistake and put all other family members also in trouble.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: