Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:30:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SWP] SWIPP - modern cryptocurrency | Pow/Pos | Masternode  (Read 22841 times)
teamswipp

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Swipp - a modern cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 07:39:17 AM

Hello everybody!

The speed at which new miners are joining the network has really taken us by surprise! The nethash of SWIPP is actually already approaching 1 TH/s - it passed 850 GH/s moments ago.

A preliminary website will be launched today. Chaozer said he will be working on the server during the day. We will post the link in this thread as soon as we have it up and running.

Let us know if you have questions.

Yours, team swipp

simon_ngo

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:51:08 AM

Network hash reach > 700GH/s in explorer and 1.4TH/s in lpool.name. Congratulation!

About master node amount, I think 50k SWIPP is a large amount and everyone will not willing to buy if the price high.

Just imagine if SWIPP price is $1/coin, everyone will be afraid to pay $50,000 for 1 MN.

So I think 20,000 SWIPP or 10,000 SWIPP/MN will better and more people will willing to buy, and then the price will up quickly.

Hello. With the max supply we are setting, it might even go higher than that eventually. As the currency evolves, they will get more expensive for sure.

If we break it down;

10.000 SWIPP collateral = 1400 nodes maximum
20.000 SWIPP collateral = 700 nodes maximum
30.000 SWIPP collateral = 466 nodes maximum
50.000 SWIPP collateral = 280 nodes maximum

We don't want too many masternodes - as it diminishes payments. Maybe we can do a compromise here and go for 30.000 in collateral. That would keep the maximum number of masternodes under 500. What does everybody think ?

Yours, team swipp

Yes, I think 30.000 in collateral is better than 50.000

And if SWIPP has a real product or an excited project, more people will be willing to buy some nodes
Kplus

Activity: 55

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:57:46 AM

lpool shows only 25% of my hashrate. any advise??  Huh

Same problem here. I'm mining whit 40 GH/s and lpool show only 11 GH/s. Huh
The same do i.
Anyone can help!!!!!
acemibtc

Activity: 456
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:36:29 AM

I vote for 30k.
Thanks.
teamswipp

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 10:46:37 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 10:56:38 AM by teamswipp

The same do i.
Anyone can help!!!!!

Hi. It seems there is something strange with the reported hashrate on lpool. Almost all miners mine via this pool, and the reported nethash is usually much higher than the value on lpool. Trust the the hashrate reported by your miner instead of lpool. If your miner shows less than it should - contact the lpool operator. You can also try to raise the difficulty - this usually helps if the pool is saturated.

Nethash just passed 1 TH/s. However, lpool is reporting 600.4 Gh/s.

Yours, team swipp

BTCAviator

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:00:29 PM

the best option
MadStuntman

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:35:19 PM

the best option

I agree! 30k is fine!
Littledragons

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:28:11 PM

Network hash reach > 700GH/s in explorer and 1.4TH/s in lpool.name. Congratulation!

About master node amount, I think 50k SWIPP is a large amount and everyone will not willing to buy if the price high.

Just imagine if SWIPP price is $1/coin, everyone will be afraid to pay $50,000 for 1 MN.

So I think 20,000 SWIPP or 10,000 SWIPP/MN will better and more people will willing to buy, and then the price will up quickly.

Hello. With the max supply we are setting, it might even go higher than that eventually. As the currency evolves, they will get more expensive for sure.

If we break it down;

10.000 SWIPP collateral = 1400 nodes maximum
20.000 SWIPP collateral = 700 nodes maximum
50.000 SWIPP collateral = 280 nodes maximum

We don't want too many masternodes - as it diminishes payments. Maybe we can do a compromise here and go for 30.000 in collateral. That would keep the maximum number of masternodes under 500. What does everybody think ?

Yours, team swipp

Honestly, 30k or 40k per node is acceptable in my book - I would even have been satiated with 50k but if we go much higher, its a concern like force is running into - they have a much too inflated market and the coins are worth very little despite the diffiuclty being through the roof

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
Littledragons

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:31:05 PM

The same do i.
Anyone can help!!!!!

Hi. It seems there is something strange with the reported hashrate on lpool. Almost all miners mine via this pool, and the reported nethash is usually much higher than the value on lpool. Trust the the hashrate reported by your miner instead of lpool. If your miner shows less than it should - contact the lpool operator. You can also try to raise the difficulty - this usually helps if the pool is saturated.

Nethash just passed 1 TH/s. However, lpool is reporting 600.4 Gh/s.

Yours, team swipp

Yes that sounds right - and is in line with the block explorer
If you guys are having issues its because you are not using custom difficulty for the miners. Sadly Nicehash doesnt help much with this. But be sure to set your difficulty to whatever your rented rig says you should or your own rig where it performs best - it seems their stratum only really goes up to like .75 or so for difficulty - whereas some of the 100GH rigs need much more (ie 128).

Its not just point and shoot friends. If you want your hash to be credited, youll have to tinker - mining isnt easy just because you throw money at it.

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
altcoinix

Activity: 334
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:42:08 PM

Try this

s1.altcoinix.com/swipp/public
teamswipp

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 05:43:01 PM

Another update!

It seems that most of you consider 30 000 SWIPP a more appropriate collateral for a masternode. We will change it and set it to 30 000 instead of the originally planned 50 000 SWIPP.

On another note, we can report that mining is progressing and that the network hashrate of SWIPP is regularly hitting 1.4 TH/s. Yet another record in a very short time.

Website is coming up today as well, we will be posting a link later.

Yours, team swipp

teamswipp

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 06:08:23 AM

Hello everybody.

We have now completed a preliminary website. Please visit www.swippcoin.com.

Feedback is welcome. Please note that our email is not yet functional (the mail server needs to be set up first).

Next, we will prepare the GitHub page with a new wallet version.

Yours, team swipp

canonical

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:57:07 AM

I'm curious about how you took over this project. Did you manage to get in touch with the original dev and arrange to take it off their hands? Or are you hardforking the code and convincing everyone here to get on board your codebase?
teamswipp

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 07:13:53 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 07:39:33 AM by teamswipp

I'm curious about how you took over this project. Did you manage to get in touch with the original dev and arrange to take it off their hands? Or are you hardforking the code and convincing everyone here to get on board your codebase?

Hi.

We really liked the name of SWIPP and many of the ideas behind it from the start.

As you can read earlier in this thread, the original author dumped his premine and abandoned the project, deleting his source code on GitHub - at this point we decided to take over and do something great with it.

Yours, team swipp

canonical

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:24:32 AM

Hi.

We really like the name of SWIPP and many of the ideas behind it from the start.

As you can read earlier in this thread, the original author dumped his premine and abandoned the project, deleting his source code on GitHub - at this point we decided to take over and do something great with it.

Did you manage to get a copy of the source code before it was deleted? Or are you beginning with a fresh fork, hence the need to hard fork the chain?

I'm interested as to why you would prefer to take over this abandoned project instead of starting fresh?
teamswipp

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 07:39:04 AM

Did you manage to get a copy of the source code before it was deleted? Or are you beginning with a fresh fork, hence the need to hard fork the chain?

I'm interested as to why you would prefer to take over this abandoned project instead of starting fresh?

Hi.

We always build our wallets from source code, so we have a copy of it. We are forking because we decided to make some changes to the payout scheme and the max supply of the currency (see the homepage for the new specs).

We have had the idea to create a new cryptocurrency for some time. However, when this opportunity came along we decided on this takeover instead, because two of us have previously mined SWIPP since it was released. And again - we really, really love the name  Roll Eyes.

Yours, team swipp

simon_ngo

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:34:18 AM

How many interest percentage of POS in annually?
teamswipp

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 09:59:25 AM

How many interest percentage of POS in annually?

Hi.

This depends on how many others are stakling and how much is being staked.

You can see the staking returns here, http://www.swippcoin.com/specifications

Currently, the staking return per block is 5 SWIPP (40% goes to masternodes) - but this will decrease as the blockchain grows.

Yours, team swipp

canonical

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:07:07 AM

Please please please implement cold masternodes!
teamswipp

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 11:15:46 AM

Please please please implement cold masternodes!

Hi.

Cold masternodes are already implemented, even in the old code base.

Yours, team swipp

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: