Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:39:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CGMINER: --temp-overheat and --auto-gpu do not work  (Read 31205 times)
FreedomCoin (OP)

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:28:18 PM

I have recently installed a 3rd video card in my ATX case rig, since then the new card and the card below it have been overheating.. Before i put the 3rd card in i could hover around 80-85c without issue. Now im over 95c on two cards with the new setup. See pictures below, the new card is quite wedged in there, there is no more room for anything else. I run my case fans at 100% and the GPU fans kick up to 100% without making much of a difference.

Why is the autogpu and tempoverheat commands not working? I specified the temp-overheat at 90 and i thought the auto-gpu option is suppose to back down timing to lower temps?

Code:
cgminer --scrypt -o [address] -u [username] -p [password] --thread-concurrency=8000 -w 256 -I 16 --temp-overheat 90 --auto-gpu --auto-fan 

As you can see i probably have no more than 5mm of space where the middle card is (Powercolor 7790) and the two cards at the top and bottom are 6950s.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FreedomCoin (OP)

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:33:01 PM

remove --temp-overheat or change it to 85.

Add --temp-target=75 or 70

Why you have a crosswire in there?

Make sure there is flow in and out of the case.

You should be able to run I: 19

keep in mind i am mining LTC... though maybe i should have posted in the alt coin area.

Okay i tried changing the parameters to what you suggested and i see no change. One card got up to 96c without lowering the khash output and another one got up to 90c going full throttle at I 16. I figure I 19 is just too extreme if 16 is already running too hot.

Here is my new code, as stated it does not seem to change the clocks or khash output at all.. Just speeds up the fans.

Code:
cgminer --scrypt -o [site] -u [user] -p [pass] --thread-concurrency=8000 -I 16 -w 256 --auto-gpu --auto-fan --temp-target=75 --temp-overheat=85

I have CF cables for when i want to game, i leave CF disabled unless i need it.

Yes i have pretty good air flow, 2 120mm fans a 160mm and a 140mm.

I also have a fan blowing on my computer as the case seems to get pretty toasty at the top.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 05:28:46 AM

remove --temp-overheat or change it to 85.

Add --temp-target=75 or 70

Why you have a crosswire in there?

Make sure there is flow in and out of the case.

You should be able to run I: 19

keep in mind i am mining LTC... though maybe i should have posted in the alt coin area.

Okay i tried changing the parameters to what you suggested and i see no change. One card got up to 96c without lowering the khash output and another one got up to 90c going full throttle at I 16. I figure I 19 is just too extreme if 16 is already running too hot.

Here is my new code, as stated it does not seem to change the clocks or khash output at all.. Just speeds up the fans.

Code:
cgminer --scrypt -o [site] -u [user] -p [pass] --thread-concurrency=8000 -I 16 -w 256 --auto-gpu --auto-fan --temp-target=75 --temp-overheat=85

I have CF cables for when i want to game, i leave CF disabled unless i need it.

Yes i have pretty good air flow, 2 120mm fans a 160mm and a 140mm.

I also have a fan blowing on my computer as the case seems to get pretty toasty at the top.
Unless you give it a range of engine clock speeds, auto-gpu can only do one thing: Turn it off when it hits 95 degrees. Give it a range of engines for it clock it down.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: