Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:35:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust System  (Read 12629 times)
Our_Benefactors

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:52:20 AM

Hmmm, maybe I'm missing something, but why not link forum users to wot users and use the trust ratings and lists from there?

Pixilatedbtc

Doable but creates an annoying web of links to follow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CtmanGer

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:37:16 AM

Pretty good idea.  But has to be watched closely for organised fake recommendations of bigger scam operstions.
rimbit

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Rimbit - No mining, just development

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 04:05:03 PM

I think it's a good idea in general but I can easily foresee blackmailers etc. trying to use it to downvote sellers and ruin their reputation.

Edit: It seems to me you mods are creating more and more work for yourself without needing too, you should just focus on keeping the spammers out more than anything.

If someone is a blackmailer, then they shouldn't be trusted, hence their bad feedback shouldn't matter.  The system relies on people only adding people they trust to their network, otherwise it's pointless.  For example, my list is only a handful of people right now.

I agree about the trust system, but we live in the real world where the majority are not techies and such. If you want Bitcoin to work with the other 99.9999 % of the population then something needs to be in place.

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:07:32 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 12:32:27 PM by Lohoris

The only way I found to go to the trust profile of someone, is to click near one of his posts in a forum which enables trust.

However in the trust profile there are other users linked. Clicking on them does not bring you to their trust profile, it brings you to their general forum profile... and I couldn't manage to reach their trust profile from there.

IMAO you should:
1. link directly the user's trust profile in the trust page
2. link the user trust profile in his profile page

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
malliki

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 09:51:10 AM

very nice idea - also that you can provide proof threads
victim101

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:04:55 PM

You cant place the future of bit coin currency on the fact that any person / company can setup a site and sell them as it opens a massive market for fraudulent web sites just like http://www.smart-world.dk/index.html. They take your money then send mail saying they are closing down and money is lost BEWARE!!!.
techzombie432

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:53:58 PM

This is a very crucial feature. Essentially this is like a credit rating system for Crypto Currency.

The registry is the key thing and it should be across several currencies btc, ltc etc..

The issue here is the feedback loop. How do you raise your trust after a purchase. Say I make a sale and I fullfil. How do I ask the buyer to give me a rating and a comment, just like ebay ?

Should be a simple link you can give them that they can send to the user in an email etc.

Like the way I do biz?, give me a trust point here (url). Url is a simple webform that references their unique username id on the trust registry.

It can be linked to this forum sure but it needs to be it's own separate page as well.

I am new to btc and still learning but this is a good thing. Also giving poeple a snipet of code  and iframe or link that shows their profile and their trust rating is a great thing.

The hard part will be locking out the spammers.. It should be based only on real transactions so perhaps each rating should reference a block chain transaction id? Not sure how one would authenticate that and block spammers and scammers?

I'd be willing to help with the project if someone could explain that stuff to me. I am decent with web ui's and have built sites like http://keychests.com (which now supports btc!)

Very interesting in helping and learning about the BTC world. We're in this for the LONG haul if we're gonna beat Mr and Miss Rothchild...
sly5am

Activity: 582
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:33:47 PM

I like these ideas Techzombie, I think during a business setup for commerce in cryptocurrency, that person should be registered equivalent to something like bitcoin forum, where if there is any shady dealings the rating system that this forum adheres to can be accessed and the person or persons. It is quite different being a retailer utilizing bitcoin transactions to make a living as opposed to a fiat currency only retailer, so some form of governance should be followed. unfortunately, most people think that no regulation is the way to go, and I agree, so let the cryptocurrency community govern its own.

rimbit

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 07:45:00 PM

How far can the trust system go before it defeats anonymity?

Personally I cannot see a currency system working independent of a persons right to remain anonymous, as the minute it moves it becomes out in the open.

If we all lived in villages and didnt venture outside of our enclosed community, then trust wouldnt be such an issue.  Wink

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
techzombie432

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:06:16 PM

it is up to the seller and buyer if they want to give out their trust id to get rated or be checked out.

It then is all left to the free market. Many may not care about a rating so they won't ask. some might.

as long as the free market decides it's cool.

and yes, there is a bit of centralization but it is an optional service not officially a part of bitcoin..

would it be better if bit coin built in such a optional trust registry in their next update?
Would be peer to peer and more trusted since it is a part of the system... and still optional so...
don't see any issues with that. but if bitcoin doesn't build it someone else shall.. like this forum or an exchange etc....

How far can the trust system go before it defeats anonymity?

Personally I cannot see a currency system working independent of a persons right to remain anonymous, as the minute it moves it becomes out in the open.

If we all lived in villages and didnt venture outside of our enclosed community, then trust wouldnt be such an issue.  Wink
rimbit

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 08:11:34 PM

but if bitcoin doesn't build it someone else shall.. like this forum or an exchange etc....

Ahhh... we are building it ...  Cool

guiminede

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:59:24 AM

Anything to help keep out the scammers is a good idea.
rimbit

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 05:11:58 AM

Its all fine and dandy in a small community, however, as the world gets used to crypto in whatever form, it also needs to have a trust factor built in so those outside the circle can come in and do business.

ragepope

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:56:13 PM

So this system is kinda like the feedback on amazon or ebay? Sounds good!
tysat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:38:58 PM

Yea, that's a good way to look at it.  It just gives a place on the forums to centralize feedback, and calculate a 'trust score' based off of it.  Definitely better than the reputation threads people used to make.
zappa

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:44:25 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 06:58:18 PM by zappa

but wouldnt it be abusable in any way you know pottentialy?
xprman

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:34:59 PM

Anything to help keep out the scammers is a good idea.
tysat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:48:26 PM

but wouldnt it be abusable in any way you know pottentialy?

Maybe?  Read about the system, if you run your trust list correctly it'll work as intended.
stuckprocess

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:02:09 AM

Yea, that's a good way to look at it.  It just gives a place on the forums to centralize feedback, and calculate a 'trust score' based off of it.  Definitely better than the reputation threads people used to make.

I wholeheartedly agree that this is a much better system than I have saw on other websites.

Good work!
coinedBit

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:16:56 PM

Not just for the forum itself, but also for services advertized, such as mining-as-a-service (cloudhashing.com), without knowing if these services actually have the corresponding hardware or if it's been ordered, I am not going to transfer any funds - which is why I'd suggest to make the corresponding information available, either through trusted 3rd parties (such as the vendor of the corresponding hardware) or through some form of peer-review, i.e. trusted senior members: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=234405.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: