Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:32:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Germany's Adaption To Bitcoin *AMAZING*  (Read 5664 times)
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:18:50 AM

acne
Singlebyte
ct1aic
inge
BTC Books

All these users gave favorable replies, and all are new users. I'd be careful for possible scams from these guys in the future.

I would certainly be interested in the chain of logic that leads you to that conclusion.

No answer, huh?

I've been involved with bitcoin since Q! of'11 - apparently longer than you.  I've (under this user account)  made several donations to projects:  thefounder, fellowtraveller, and etc.  I've never asked anyone for anything, and have been as helpful as possible to the noobs.

And you have the fucking goddamn gall to accuse me of being a potential scammer?  Not even a scammer, but some kind of Minority Report someday scammer?

You fucking piece of shit.

Let's see...

1. OP posts a link to a site that tries to infect the viewers computer with who-knows-what.
2. You vouch for that link.
3. I post a warning for people to use caution when/if dealing with those who vouched for aforementioned link.

But yeah, I can't possibly imagine the chain of logic that would lead anybody to believe you were shilling for the OP.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:22:47 AM

Fixed my initial post to warn people of virus.

Thanks! I'll go back and edit out my original reply.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:27:46 AM

Thanks.  I realize you we're just trying to look-out for the rest of us.

keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:29:05 AM

Thanks.  I realize you we're just trying to look-out for the rest of us.

Bitcoiners unite Cheesy

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
acs26

May 25, 2013, 02:33:12 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 02:55:03 AM by acs26

acne
Singlebyte
ct1aic
inge
BTC Books

All these users gave favorable replies, and all are new users. I'd be careful for possible scams from these guys in the future.

I would certainly be interested in the chain of logic that leads you to that conclusion.

No answer, huh?

I've been involved with bitcoin since Q! of'11 - apparently longer than you.  I've (under this user account)  made several donations to projects:  thefounder, fellowtraveller, and etc.  I've never asked anyone for anything, and have been as helpful as possible to the noobs.

And you have the fucking goddamn gall to accuse me of being a potential scammer?  Not even a scammer, but some kind of Minority Report someday scammer?

You fucking piece of shit.

Let's see...

1. OP posts a link to a site that tries to infect the viewers computer with who-knows-what.
2. You vouch for that link.
3. I post a warning for people to use caution when/if dealing with those who vouched for aforementioned link.

But yeah, I can't possibly imagine the chain of logic that would lead anybody to believe you were shilling for the OP.

No offense to either of you but can you please shut the fuck up...? God. We have better things to worry about then whose a scammer, whose going to scam in the future, ect. We should be worrying about the link that was infected, and that many people might have clicked that link and gotten affected by it.

We have more things to worry about then this. Please stop acting immature.. Here we are worrying about a virus, and you two try to fucking have a flame-war about something different. Please stop arguing with each other about this nonsense.

(Not trying to offend you Tomatocage or you, BTC Books.)

(I'm also not trying to say that scamming or scammers aren't important.)
westofthefield

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:40:51 AM

Hey, I clicked on the link and watched the video.  Chrome asked me if I wanted to run java - I said no.  So there is no chance I got the virus right?
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 07:09:54 AM

Check if

%User Profile%\My Documents\DCSCMIN\IMDCSC.exe
%User Profile%\AppData\Roaming\dclogs

exists.

=> you are infected. Seems to be a keylogger.

Gordonium

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:15:07 AM

Was the trojan windows-based? I mean are Apple fanboys like me unaffected?  Grin
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:20:04 AM

Uninstalled Java a long time ago. Anyone still using it deserves everything they get at this point.

inge

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:14:31 AM

acne
ct1aic
inge
BTC Books

Just logging now. Quite angry that you make assumption in such a easy way. I watched the video using my IPad and I didn't notice anything particulare!

Regards, Inge
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:21:41 AM

Was the trojan windows-based? I mean are Apple fanboys like me unaffected?  Grin

Seems like it´s just windows, http://about-threats.trendmicro.com/Malware.aspx?id=50295&name=SPYW_DCOMET&language=apac
bitchris

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:20:14 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 02:10:37 PM by bitchris

The original poster's profile (BTCoder) was created only 11 days ago. Out of this profile's 139 posts, the first 130 posts are, without exeptions, very generic, short one-liners that were posted over a short period (May 14 - May 17). You may want to see this for yourself. Only the most recent 9 posts deviate from this pattern, i.e. only they are significantly longer and more specific, and may therefore be designed to suggest a real engagement with this community, as opposed to attempting to solely increase the number of posts in a short timeframe. At the same time the few seemingly engaged posts are made, a link to a trojan horse is posted.

Combined these circumstances indicate a very high probability that this profile was intentionally designed to appear trustworthy by deceptively suggesting both a high number of posts and a high level of engagement, despite the profile being created just recently, in an attempt to gain trust in order to steal BTCs of forum users by means of a trojan horse. Finally, voluntarily removing the link in the original post after more than 1300 views may suggest an attempt to deceive the intentions of BTCoders profile after having potentially gained access to forum members wallets, possibly to scam forum users again at some time before this profile ultimately looses all of its trust.

Beware.
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 02:02:46 PM

Uninstalled Java a long time ago. Anyone still using it deserves everything they get at this point.

+1
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:54:44 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=215961.0

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:37:52 PM

Well this is certainly not what I expected to read about when I clicked this thread.

Note to self: don't click on links at this forum outside of a VM.

westofthefield

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:43:03 PM

Check if

exists.

Thanks, neither of those found so hopefully OK.
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 12:03:33 AM

I clicked the link.

Shall i assume my system compromised? Or only if you click yes on the java thing?

If yes, anyone know how to kill this virus or spyware? Already checked with avast+Superantispyware, nothing to be found.

Thanks.

Check if

exists.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 01:29:49 AM

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :-)

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:17:50 PM

If there was an actual video to be seen at all, just post a frigging link to a regular video site (youtube, vimeo, etc) or STFU.

Random java crap to play a video? Get real, only FOOLS would do that...

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: