Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:26:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCrow.com - Bitcoin Escrow Service - For safer bitcoin transactions  (Read 23207 times)
BTCrow (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 04:30:02 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2011, 04:40:43 PM by BTCrow

When pressing "Create Escrow" the dialog box stays open and the content doubles (another password, another link). Looks like a bug.

Hi thanks to letting us know that, could you please post more information about what browser did you used / version / OS etc in order to us to reproduce the bug. Also a screenshot would be appreciated to validate.

EDIT: Ok verified, you don't have to click on create escrow two time once you already clicked once, But I'll try to remove the button once you already clicked on it in order to initiate the transaction.

Many thanks again for that. Sent PM with special discount for this finding. Smiley

Thanks
Jules

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCrow (OP)

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 04:58:48 PM

Bug have been fixed, thanks a lot for reporting this.

bahatassafus

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 07:27:42 PM

Thanks for coupon. The bug is still there though, maybe you didn't commit the fix yet?
I can press "create escrow" many times, each press creating a new pass and url and the new text is appended. You can't expect the user to press "cancel" after pressing "create escrow" once. Instead you might want to close that box and redirect to the status url, or at least disable the "create escrow" button and change "Cancel" to "Close". This is how the text looks like after submitting 3 times:
IMPORTANT: DO NOT send the password to the seller, this password is used to release the funds

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Copy this password ( yk1obz9a ) in a safe place or remember it, it will be use to release the funds. (This password cannot be recovered)

2) Send 3.03 BTC to this bitcoin address 18WrMC1uxFQrTaUrnbaCfTWhnaRPw4JHxZ to initiate the transaction (This amount including fees)

3) Copy or bookmark this webpage http://btcrow.com/transaction.php?id=iaxud1iwhb4tnlmsxve and send it to the seller, this will show him the status of transaction.

4) Go to this webpage http://btcrow.com/transaction.php?id=iaxud1iwhb4tnlmsxve to check the status of your transaction.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT send the password to the seller, this password is used to release the funds

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Copy this password ( n9eyi5c2 ) in a safe place or remember it, it will be use to release the funds. (This password cannot be recovered)

2) Send 3.03 BTC to this bitcoin address 1HNNsYnRTBBLXom5xrGfj7wicMxL5wnhty to initiate the transaction (This amount including fees)

3) Copy or bookmark this webpage http://btcrow.com/transaction.php?id=4d6azygxhwy05nhs2k0 and send it to the seller, this will show him the status of transaction.

4) Go to this webpage http://btcrow.com/transaction.php?id=4d6azygxhwy05nhs2k0 to check the status of your transaction.

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Copy this password ( lsgqyt02 ) in a safe place or remember it, it will be use to release the funds. (This password cannot be recovered)

2) Send 3.03 BTC to this bitcoin address 1EZ6T5aUraCoXRZ4Dk3bagWXz5wq77mH5o to initiate the transaction (This amount including fees)

3) Copy or bookmark this webpage http://btcrow.com/transaction.php?id=jzcvaugxzwdkv35i8rse and send it to the seller, this will show him the status of transaction.

4) Go to this webpage http://btcrow.com/transaction.php?id=jzcvaugxzwdkv35i8rse to check the status of your transaction.

Browser is Firefox 5
BTCrow (OP)

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 08:56:49 PM

Please clear your cache and refresh the page or try using our ssl page https://btcrow.com because it works here. To confirm that you,re not seing cache you should see thoses changes into source:

Code:
function getDialogButton(button_name ) {   var buttons = $( ' .ui-button-text-only' );   for ( var i = 0; i < buttons.length; ++i )   {      var jButton = $( buttons[i] );      if ( jButton.text() == button_name )      {          return jButton;      }   }    return null; }

Code:
var button = getDialogButton('Create Escrow');
if( button ){ button.attr('disabled', 'disabled' ).addClass( 'ui-state-disabled' ); }
var button2 = getDialogButton('Cancel');
if( button2 ){ button2.attr('disabled', 'disabled' ).addClass( 'ui-state-disabled' ); }

Tested with FF / Chromium / Chrome on Nux

BTCrow (OP)

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 07:58:24 PM

Hello everyone, we are experiencing downtime due to a power fault from our hosting provider "crucial paradigm". For more transparency here's their twitter account to see what's happen.
https://twitter.com/#!/crucialparadigm

As soon as they will get their power services will restart as normal. We already working on a cdn in order to prevent this hapenning again.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Jules
BTCrow.com
info@btcrow.com

BTCrow (OP)

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2011, 01:05:23 AM

Our site is up and running now. If you have any questions feel free to post here we'll be happy  to answer them.

Thanks

BTCrow (OP)

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2011, 04:51:04 PM

Bump, people who leave feedback contact me at info@btcrow.com in order to receive your 20% lifetime discount.

Here's the thread also: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=35627.0

Thanks

Jules

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 06:15:53 PM

Would you consider registering your service with ECommerceBytes so that it can be reviewed there?
 - http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/pages/ratings   (Category: Payment Services)

Also, any thoughts on:
 Escrow Service for Non-BTC Merchants
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39070.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

BTCrow (OP)

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2011, 12:11:21 PM

Would you consider registering your service with ECommerceBytes so that it can be reviewed there?
 - http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/pages/ratings   (Category: Payment Services)

Also, any thoughts on:
 Escrow Service for Non-BTC Merchants
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39070.0

Hi, just checked the website: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/pages/ratings. They ask for a lot of things: such as:

- Websites with private domain registration are not accepted. We must be able to verify your information in the WhoIs database.
- Your website must contain contact information, including your address.
- Your service must have been in operation a minimum of one year.

My service has not been open for at least one year so first I can't list it here.

Second As I explained in a thread, I won't list any address till I open a local only for BTCrow.

Quote here:
I also made a request for google business center in order to have my business listed on google LBC, but the only reason why I didn't put it in place in order to get more trust is because for the moment I don't have an office space exclusively for BTCrow, and I fear that people come directly at my house for whatever reason or try to infiltrate to steal bitcoins in our protected wallets. My main goal is to protect my familly and bitcoins from my precious and valuable customers. That's why I'm patient and waiting to rep build by itself while doing great job (I think) for the community.

Refering post here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37805.msg465654#msg465654

So for the listing I tried it anyway but I don't think they will approve my business.

For your other question this is exactly on what we are working. We integrate payment converter in our merchant tools and will soon start to contact non bitcoin business and bitcoin business about the possibility of accepting secured bitcoin payment.

The main problem is I am alone to code and it take lot of time to complete everything.

I'll try to speedup, but I keep security in mind so need to do code audits and pentesting in the same time which is time consuming.

BTW thanks for all your suggestion this is really apreciated.

lakeluke

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 07:01:43 PM

I have an idea that will improve your service, and provide greater value to the community:

Instead of a Re-shipping function, why not have "Dedicated Inspectors" {DI} service;

The DI's would be volunteers from the community, all over the world, where the seller would need to visit and have a 3 way conference with the buyer, to make sure that the DI confirms the products being sold are to the Buyer's expectation, and then go with the Seller to make sure the Product is shipped off.  (now that's a long sentence!)

This would probably eliminate 95% off any problems with shipped goods not being what the Buyer expected, and will also give the Seller a re-assurance when a mediation claim is made, as the DI can confirm certain facts at the time of shipping.

Hence the need for a large 50-75% portion of the fee collected by BTCrow will need to go to the DI.

1. With the above DI service, you can charge more than the 1% fee (say 1.5-2%)
2. You will also probably still offer a non-DI service for 1%
3. As this service get's more popular, more people will start "volunteering" to be DI's; the income generated can become substantial for certain areas.
4. A Premium service could be charged, where you can request a DI visit a Seller (somewhat out of there normal region) and the Buy would be willing to pay a higher fee. This might be needed for large transactions, say over $10k.

I hope that makes sense.
FredericBastiat

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 05:59:06 PM

I have an idea that will improve your service, and provide greater value to the community:

Instead of a Re-shipping function, why not have "Dedicated Inspectors" {DI} service;

The DI's would be volunteers from the community, all over the world, where the seller would need to visit and have a 3 way conference with the buyer, to make sure that the DI confirms the products being sold are to the Buyer's expectation, and then go with the Seller to make sure the Product is shipped off.  (now that's a long sentence!)

This would probably eliminate 95% off any problems with shipped goods not being what the Buyer expected, and will also give the Seller a re-assurance when a mediation claim is made, as the DI can confirm certain facts at the time of shipping.

Hence the need for a large 50-75% portion of the fee collected by BTCrow will need to go to the DI.

1. With the above DI service, you can charge more than the 1% fee (say 1.5-2%)
2. You will also probably still offer a non-DI service for 1%
3. As this service get's more popular, more people will start "volunteering" to be DI's; the income generated can become substantial for certain areas.
4. A Premium service could be charged, where you can request a DI visit a Seller (somewhat out of there normal region) and the Buy would be willing to pay a higher fee. This might be needed for large transactions, say over $10k.

I hope that makes sense.

+1.

I was thinking this same thing. Local inspectors the seller and/or buyers pick to personally verify the contents and delivery in a locality. Interesting idea, seems feasible.

http://payb.tc/evo or
1F7venVKJa5CLw6qehjARkXBS55DU5YT59
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 10:45:28 PM

Site is not responding.  Any update?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

BitcoinOPX

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 04:49:42 PM

Site is not responding.  Any update?

The site had experienced a distributed denial of services attack (DDos), but has been back up for several weeks.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 04:08:40 AM

But at the opposite, I don,t want to release it for people abusing of it. Like user saying: "hey, if I send the package with verification process then I'll win" and taking advantage of it.
You are handling other people's money. They are supposed to 100% understand *precisely* what procedures you will follow in all cases, and they should agree to them when they agree to use you as an escrow service. I've never heard of an escrow service with secret rules. Any scheme that leaves you discretion in what to do with other people's money is, IMO, broken. The rules should be 100% precise and clear.

Following the rules to get the result the rules entitle you to is how rules are supposed to work. It's not "taking advantage" of them.

For example, here are some very simple escrow rules:

1) The parties to the escrow agree on the amount to be escrowed and who will deposit the money. The escrow fee is taken from the deposit amount.

2) The parties to the escrow specify what courts or arbitration agencies they will use for disputes.

3) The escrow agency will release funds only on approval of both parties, upon order of a court or arbitration agency they specified in step 2, upon order from a court with jurisdiction over the escrow agency, or upon special, easily objectively-verified release conditions agreed upon by the parties. (For example, one special release condition could be if a particular party fails to present the escrow agency with proof of a particular document by a particular date, the other party gets the escrow amount.)

4) The escrow agency assumes liability only for failure to follow its own rules.

You can, if you wish, also offer your own arbitration service and permit parties to select it in step 2. But if you do this, you should practice 100% separation between the escrow and arbitration services. You can do arbitration by email.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 10:19:56 AM

I am offering to be an "inspector" in Australia.

If you  need to store collateral for bitcoin loans I have a lock up garage and house with contents insurance, along with a safe.

In the case that you need to verify an item exists or is as described I can  get the seller to post the item here to verify it and then forward it to the buyer.

I would  not handle silk road related items just to protect myself.

Id like to do this through btcrow.com only because I dont wish to secure bitcoin deposits myself. It would be nice to have a management console on the site to do this.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 11:05:18 AM

So... is anyone home? Seems like 100% of bcchanger.com users are refusing or failing to complete btcrow escrows...

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
shkiser

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 03:19:26 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2013, 03:44:00 PM by shkiser

How long do I have to wait to have my bitcoins released to me.. Both buyer and seller have verified payments, got confirmation from btcrow, been waiting 14 hours now. I really need these btc. I have emailed once, and sent a message on the site about my transaction.

Free Litecoin Faucet ---> http://ltc4you.com/?r=6840
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 09:00:04 PM

Quote from: BTCrow "release funds for transaction" email
You should receive these bitcoins within the next 24 hours. When you receive them the transaction will be closed.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 09:09:04 PM

I can see the advertisements now...

"Yo yo yo, use BT Crow for all your Escrow, Bro!"

The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:48:42 PM

Has anyone on this thread used the service? If so, how was it? Is it reliable, safe and secure? I as because someone proposed using this service for me to buy a BTC off him. Please let me know any info. Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: