Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:19:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Really A Currency or An Asset?  (Read 4206 times)
DewiKirana

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 05:18:36 PM

I think bitcoin is both, money and assets. Bitcoin can serve as a transaction tool that proves the function of money, the average person often holding bitcoin because it's part of the asset.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:01:35 PM

Honestly it acts as both, the world has never seen anything really like bitcoin until it was created so right now you can't really lump it into one category.
I think exactly the same. It is a very different sort of currency. In my point of view, you can use it in both the ways like in whichever way you like it, just use it. It is beneficial in both the ways. It only depends on the way we want it to utilize. I will suggest taking it as an asset and that will benefit you more.

bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:52:56 AM

some people are more likely to holding their bitcoin because they have the particular target price to sold eventually the profit will be their aimed but holding bitcoin don't mean they're not consider bitcoin as the currencies because bitcoin have potential to became both a currency and asset itself
Yes it can be both currency as well as asset. when hold it for sake of profit it become an asset and different from other asset this asset can gave huge profit on time of rising index and when you want to trade across then it become currency which you can use anywhere it is acceptable on stores restaurants and shopping sites etc.
Maddinson100

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:44:27 AM

Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?

Yes, bitcoin is an asset for the future. I was saving in bitcoin, holding and waiting until the price exploded. and I will benefit. because bitcoin has become my future asset.
It can be asset as well as currency in means of paying and buying through it bitcoin is currency. And if one keep it for the time of need to gain profit then it will give them profit. Taking it as both gives a lot of profit and one can use it in both ways and will give benefits in any state and at every stage of life.
Rotsor

Activity: 309

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:45:01 PM

Bitcoin is a currency and an asset. An asset is something you invest in and a currency is something you use for medium of exchange so Bitcoin has both of these properties when it comes to money.

MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:25:15 PM

When using a provider like Change Bank (https://change-bank.com/ico/), it will become a currency, but now it's mostly an asset. Some stores accept bitcoin but not a lot right now

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
qrhyxelle

Activity: 44
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:32:10 PM

It is currency for all people/organization that accepting it as payment for good or services. Bitcoin is currency but only applicable in digital transactions just how dollaors only a legal tender in USA and peso in PH. and bitcoin is also an asset since has value that increased someone's financial networth.

▒║HONOR✹JUBS║Pre-ICO ⏩ Jan 15║ICO ⏩ Feb 5-Mar 26 ▒║
║▒ DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM OF ON-DEMAND WORK ║▒ (https://honor.appjubs.com/)
pginvest

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:35:25 PM

Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?
Its obviously both, In terms of its asset comparrison it might be precious metals. In terms of its currency utility it is very useful for large transactions, in particular large or international transactions, but it gets expensive and cumbersome for small everyday transactions.

Am I spamming? Report me!
A.nayem

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:00:41 PM

I treat bitcoin as both currency and an asset but yes it is true that many people consider bitcoin as profitable investment opportunity with moderate risk of loss.  I think it would be better if it will be explained at this way since it will depend on its users if they'll consider it as an asset or a currency.
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:56:19 PM

Bitcoin is a digital asset and it's not money at all...it just works as a currency. Wikipedia defines it, "Bitcoin is a digital asset designed by its inventor, Satoshi Nakamoto, to work as a currency. It is commonly referred to with terms like digital currency, digital cash, virtual currency, electronic currency, or cryptocurrency."

Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:05:49 PM

For me Bitcoin is an asset. Because holding Bitcoin for longer period of time and selling it when the value gets high is like holding an asset until we get a good profit from it. Smiley Smiley

ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:03:23 PM

depending on what you call it. I guess it's the same, I prefer bitcoin is an asset and a future investment that has an advantage. yes I think so
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:09:44 PM

depending on what you call it. I guess it's the same, I prefer bitcoin is an asset and a future investment that has an advantage. yes I think so

Exactly. If theer is a need for money for basic needs, it can be used as currency. If not, the money can be saved and kept as an asset. The value is increasing huge though there is a fall now and then. The more the money is saved, the more the profit would be down the line. I love to first fulfill my needs and save them for future as my asset.
valuater

Activity: 1162

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:49:37 PM

in my opinion it is both for bitcoin prices very expensive bitcoin can be used as a reason to make the assets and can trade also
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:02:06 PM

in the later age people exchange goods in order to pay for services and soon they started calling it assets and after that currency and paper money came. Gold is an Asset because it is a rare mineral and it has demand in the market, on the other hand, bitcoin is not a mineral and has no physical existence but it is rare(as because there are only 21million for all the world) and bitcoin has demand and supply so I will call it virtual Asset.
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:06:06 PM

Bitcoin is both a currency and an asset. When you own fiat, that is currency, and also an asset and Bitcoin is no different. Tongue
Snaic

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:19:50 PM

There is a clear generally accepted concept of currency. By this term, bitcoin can not be classified as a currency, whether we like it or not. Therefore, most likely bitcoin and other crypto currency should be considered as an asset. Crypto currency can become a digital currency only when states legislatively change the wording about the concept of currency, adding it with the text that characterizes the digital currency.

Jose21

Activity: 109
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:32:03 PM

These days bitcoin can be easily convert into money and you can also buy some stuffs with it . You can also pay your bills and other payments online. It so easy that why it is called one of the most top coin in the world. I really think bitcoin is a currency and also an asset , because we can do everything now in bitcoin especially in making online payments although it is not legal but also not illegal , it is a digital currency that we used most of the time.
totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:01:15 PM

Bitcoin is both of them. Bitcoin can be used as a currency and an asset. However, since the price of bitcoin is very high by now, I believe that there is only a limit number of people using bitcoin as a currency. The majority of them use bitcoin as a type of investment. They believe that they can earn a huge amount of money by holding bitcoin

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
MiBambino

Activity: 644

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:16:10 PM

Bitcoin acts like gold, it used to be a way to pay for things, now its a store of value. Bitcoin will likely go the exact other way

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██