Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:02:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL upgrade now offered on 5ghz orders.(screenshot) YES, IT'S BACK!!  (Read 10737 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:40:38 PM

If you ever wanna see a a refund, better get it now, they obviously won't be able to cover for everyone.
You know they have been paying 25 employees, suppliers, facilities, Josh's life insurrance, a few Nexus 7 and fans, etc. for over a year using your "pre-order" money, right ?

It would be against the law if they touch my pre-order money. Unless they shipped my unit, they are not allowed to do so.

Once BFL goes belly up it will be interesting to see if they've broken this law.

Gray area. It's perfectly legal to use your funds to develop and ship a product AS LONG as they deliver.

That would be a good question to ask on the legal forums.  Wink

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:44:26 PM

I'm loving the Top Gun theme.

please, carry on Smiley

I am just happy somebody got it.  Cheesy

sniffinpoprocks (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:52:10 PM

I upgraded mine, pretty reasonable price for 2Gh/s when you consider other options. That said it's very dependent on when they ship!!

It's not clear if the $100 gets you more hardware,  or a simple firmware parameter change.

If it's more hardware then if it would be just worth it, as the base unit costs $54.4/GH/s and the upgrade is only $50/GH/s. However if it's just a firmware change then it's not worth $100, because the labour involved would be trivial, might pay $50 max.

Not only a firmware change (talking about Jalapeno here though)
The 7's will have chips that do 3.5 GH/s easy . The 5's may or may not, depends.

Think AMD 7970 vs 7950.

Where was this quote? It implies that some of the 5's may do 7 also? Without the 'upgrade'?

ps, sorry to rejack this thread back.

“Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich.”
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:55:27 PM

Not only a firmware change (talking about Jalapeno here though)
The 7's will have chips that do 3.5 GH/s easy . The 5's may or may not, depends.

Think AMD 7970 vs 7950.

Where was this quote? It implies that some of the 5's may do 7 also? Without the 'upgrade'?

ps, sorry to rejack this thread back.

BFL forum > Shoutbox > Inaba

Like he said: The 5's may or may not
So probably you could try a 7GH firmware on a 5GH unit and it may work or not.
sniffinpoprocks (OP)

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:06:20 AM

cool, sounds like they'll be binning some of the 5's to make sure they can do 7.

“Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich.”
Rant2112

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:49:41 AM

IMO if you have a very early order I'd skip the upgrade.

If your order is far enough down the queue just wait for others to order upgrades and see how they do in the wild.  I assume you can update later when you have a better idea of the risk and reward?
philips

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:00:43 AM

I paid 50$ for 1GH. Is not that much.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:09:50 AM

You say it's not that much, but has it fucked with your order positioning?

I mean they have no prototypes of this firmware and hardware revision yet.

The initial model we know they can build.

So which is shipped first? Those stubborn and happy to take the initial spec, or those that want new improvements??

You may find if you upgrade you wait longer than you could have if you did nothing and left your order as it was...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
philips

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:18:01 AM

The delivery order is the same. Upgrading will change nothing except your unit(s) power.
newmars

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:23:30 AM

i just upgrade it. Hope it won't cause any shipment issue.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:31:33 AM

The delivery order is the same. Upgrading will change nothing except your unit(s) power.

Yes but someone has already stated they are using different chips for this upgrade, not just a firmware upgrade.

In which case it's new untested parts which require a new prototype and therefore means old chips they have in hand goto old design spec and presently ready sooner than the new chip based designs and orders...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:36:05 AM

Yes but someone has already stated they are using different chips for this upgrade, not just a firmware upgrade.

In which case it's new untested parts which require a new prototype and therefore means old chips they have in hand goto old design spec and presently ready sooner than the new chip based designs and orders...

Stop with your FUD, idiot.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:40:30 AM

I figured it was the result of BFL binning the chips. The boards support multiple chips, so they could arrange them in any configuration that makes economic sense.
2 binned @ 3.5GH/s,  One binned @ 3.5GH with one binned @ 2.5GH, 2 binned @ 2.5GH/s, etc
I suspect that this is sort of a bolt on for the Jalapeno units, since originally they were supposed to be a single chip at a single performance point. Now that it has multiple chips, and the chips have multiple bins they have more flexibility in the product line.

philips

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:43:30 AM

Well, you can speculate all you want.
If you have an order and afraid you gonna loose you place, just don't upgrade.
If you don't have an order, then is not your problem.
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:14:19 AM

It's not even close to shipping and you are paying more for upgrades?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-n_RQYY7th4mt/animal_house_1978_omega_pledge_ceremony/
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:17:25 AM

Jesus, let it go man. Nobody wants to hear you two argue. Get a room.

Unfortunately there is not one useful BFL thread on this forum, they all get trolled instantly.

Considering that forum members probably have hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions of USD invested in BFL pre-orders, I think the trolling is rather irresponsible as the members deserve useful information on their investment without the deliberate disruption of content.

I would like to see at least one heavily moderated information thread on the progress of BLF pre-orders.

Goto BFL forums ...there u can have the neo nazi heavly moderated forum of your dreams...

I know u r not interested in the truth and would like to sensor everything that is BFL ..why is this ?

OBJECT NOT FOUND
dentldir

Activity: 333

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:40:23 AM

After the upgrade option reappeared, I specifically asked BFL_Jonathan on their forum chat box if upgrading affected your queue position.

The response was "Of course not".

1DentLdiRMv3dpmpmqWsQev8BUaty9vN3v
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 04:39:25 AM

If this was actually true they would not need to make an announcement to take preorders right?

They would simply use VC funding to get the product produced then take actual orders.

Can't have it both ways. It makes no sense to.

- Claims to have VC funding for development of ASIC processors
- Announces pre-orders in June 2012 for tentative availability in 5 months (October 2012)
- On April 4th 2013, announces doubling of pricing across the board
- Presently May 29th 2013, no Single SCs or MiniRigs seen in the wild. No ETA possible due to continuing production issues
- Continue to take pre-orders funds with growing community concern of not being able to fulfill order queue in a reasonable timeframe

- (insert date) Scammer tags on this forum are now null and void. Please use the Trust thingy.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:59:38 AM

Lots of NEG heading a few BFL accounts way I bet.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
BaronMcG

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:12:33 AM

i get the impression that they are trying to develope and sell version 2 of the jala (i.e 2nd gen product line) without building and shipping version 1 that everyone paid for and expected, they also expect you to give them more money to get in line for it.

of course it'll all be ready in 2 weeks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: