Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:54:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Interzone - Blockchain Social Engine  (Read 84757 times)
mattaero

Activity: 178
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:18:07 PM

When setting up a masternode, is there a way to set up multiple from one machine?  I can create additional IP addresses for the same NIC in windows, but how do I set up the .conf file?  Or does each one need to be on its own server?
mattaero

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:44:20 PM

I'm still trying to understand the end-product.  something like SocialEngine, but on a blockchain.  you want to build something for people to inhabit.  ok.  what kind of people?  everybody?  if its for everybody or anyone, first thing:  you don't want a sausage fest.  bunch of computer geeks on there talking about code.  and ninety percent of them male teenagers maybe.  not good.  you want girls involved.  maybe some are invested in the project already and watching it.  their contribution to the development of the project might be beneficial.  who's more social than girls? 

advertising.  it should be timed and relevant to the software development.  but also present at other times. i can see its focused on building the network and getting masternodes working.  it can be focused towards the people who might be interested in actually using the application as well though.  and what the benefits are in owning the token connected to it.  if the token is just sort of there, it diminishes the product. or its a payment token, fine.  i don't understand the project all that well.  so i don't know what vision is.  but if i don't know, maybe no one else gets it, either.

developers like to work on software, but their needs to be a front end to the project.  marketing.  and good dynamics in the "community" invested in the coin.  the core group behind the coin can't be the wizards behind the curtain in OZ.  they have to be inclusive.  otherwise people don't know how to be more involved. and this project isn't exactly full of capital. there seems to be trouble even listing the token.  there needs to be more communication from this core developer group.  so that people who've invested can come into the slack and be able to see a direction and some kind of order.  where people are listening to each other.  and there's some sense of who's committed.  and people will change probably.  some will sell out and leave, others will come in. hopefully the price rises gradually.  a big bubble is exciting, but long-term it can be a drag.  i don't know the future. 

a social engine.  with a payment token.  utilizing network nodes to do something.  is this going to be exxplained on slack?  is it going to be cast down from the clouds to the flock somehow?  i'm looking at SocialEngine to see what that's about, and guessing that's the idea, taking that to blockchain.  why are people going to use the Interzone?  one reason:  because other people are there.  where ever this is going, it needs to start from people.  not an algorithm. 

While I agree the developer could certainly engage with the community more, and even accept multiple offers of help from people that want this coin to succeed, its also VERY early in the development process.  I would like to see a core team of developers, PR people and advertising, but the platform needs to be more functional before those can really be of any use.  It doesn't make sense to have advertisement and PR if you don't really have a platform yet.  However, once a beta, or even just an outline of the program is working, I would expect we should start trying to make this the next PIVX.
truethat

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:29:45 PM

mattaero, how do you imagine Interzone looking when its more together?  i can see the pivx link, coming out of a community, and both have the privacy feature while Interzone uses DASH mixing.  but pivx is a privacy coin, like many others around, and its popular now.  Interzone is talking about running big network nodes to support encrypted messaging, avatars, blogging, etc.  with this vision i'm a little concerned the token will be diminished.  like its incidental.  where someone would look at this and ask what its for.  the token has to be front and center in a successful project that's tokenized.  by the time this project is coming together a lot could be different so far as the trends.  so it could be good to have something else, like this, which is not another pivx.  but on the other hand, if its not another privacy coin, what is it? 
mattaero

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:41:17 PM

mattaero, how do you imagine Interzone looking when its more together?  i can see the pivx link, coming out of a community, and both have the privacy feature while Interzone uses DASH mixing.  but pivx is a privacy coin, like many others around, and its popular now.  Interzone is talking about running big network nodes to support encrypted messaging, avatars, blogging, etc.  with this vision i'm a little concerned the token will be diminished.  like its incidental.  where someone would look at this and ask what its for.  the token has to be front and center in a successful project that's tokenized.  by the time this project is coming together a lot could be different so far as the trends.  so it could be good to have something else, like this, which is not another pivx.  but on the other hand, if its not another privacy coin, what is it? 

Why can't it be both?  a privacy centric social coin that includes the privacy features of PIVX and DASH while providing a platform that provides incentive for participation.  Who knows what form it will take exactly, and perhaps the coin use will be diminished to a degree, but there are plenty of valuable tokens out there that don't even have a product yet.

For me, what needs to happen for ANY cryptocurrency is simplicity of use.  Currently, almost all crypto is controlled, used by, and managed in a nerd-centric realm (I say that as a nerd).  For it to truly get widespread adoption everything needs to be simple and easy.  If your grandmother and non-tech savvy cousin can figure it out, then THAT is when coins will really take off.  For InterZone, I would want to see 1 button masternode set up, an Apple Iphone-esqu GUI, and imbedded purchase options (presumably through an agreement with a large exchange.)  Just imagine if you could download the wallet, enter your credit card information in a secure form to purchase X number of tokens from an exchange, and if its enough, press a button to start your masternode and earn rewards, all on a platform that is useful.

Difficult.  Yes.  Expensive.  Yes.  Impossible? No.  BUT what if your grandmother called you to tell you she was making $X per day and really enjoyed liking blogs on that Interzone thingy... That'd be amazing.

Just my thoughts... Smiley

truethat

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:46:06 PM

i was watching the slack discussion and saw, for example, someone who seemed to be part of the core team saying anyone can contribute code,etc..  but then someone asked what they can do if they're not a coder.  and no response.  to be frank, that pissed me off.  i didn't see anything like community there.  i see a community of some kind that's disconnected from the actual development person or team.  and it creates confusion.  i don't know how pivx started out, but if it started like what i'm seeing here i think it's a miracle its made it as far as it has.  if this is your project or your part of the development team that started it and someone appears and asks how they can help, you snap them up.  you at least answer them.  especially when you're on a shoe-string budget.  because you never know who someone is, what other skills they might bring.  and this is a community app of all things.  with a pretty weak sense of what a community is.  that's what's troubling me here.  
truethat

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:52:13 PM

they're trying to find a better exchange and it seems to me the developer is mia.  and that he maybe lied two months ago when he said there was a yobit listing paid for.  this is what i've been watching here the last week and reading in the older posts.  there shouldn't be this much drama around finding an exchange.  and a core team that's mia when the problem comes up.  sorry, but that's some bullshit. 
mattaero

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:09:29 PM

I mean, I understand your frustration, but I look at it from the perspective of if I was the developer.  I have a wife and kids, and a full time job.  I wouldn't be able to devote a lot of time to the project generally, much less to people on the Slack channel constantly demanding my attention.  In addition, would you really trust them?  Give someone you don't know the ability to act on your behalf for your hobby/baby/project?  Yes, it is a community and there needs to be a level of trust, but its only been a few months.  If six months from now there have been no Github posts, and not a single word from the developer then yeah, get annoyed, but we aren't there yet.  I know 6 months for most people in the crypto world is an eternity [ Smiley ], but this did not involve a crowdfund so its not like they took your money.

degel_x

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:33:02 AM

I mean, I understand your frustration, but I look at it from the perspective of if I was the developer.  I have a wife and kids, and a full time job.  I wouldn't be able to devote a lot of time to the project generally, much less to people on the Slack channel constantly demanding my attention.  In addition, would you really trust them?  Give someone you don't know the ability to act on your behalf for your hobby/baby/project?  Yes, it is a community and there needs to be a level of trust, but its only been a few months.  If six months from now there have been no Github posts, and not a single word from the developer then yeah, get annoyed, but we aren't there yet.  I know 6 months for most people in the crypto world is an eternity [ Smiley ], but this did not involve a crowdfund so its not like they took your money.

I'm thinking on investing in this project, it is so intersting  i think the constant commits in the repo are good signs

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

suprnurd

Activity: 250
Merit: 12

Support Guru

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 04:40:37 AM

I'm thinking on investing in this project, it is so intersting  i think the constant commits in the repo are good signs

Are you a robot or something? Your post makes absolutely no sense to me. The last commit to the main codebase was 15 days ago and the single commit yesterday to the test codebase does not count as "constant".

See for yourself: https://github.com/projectinterzone/ITZ/commits/master

✔︎ True Dividend Crypto [TDC] ✔︎✔︎ Announcement ✔︎ GitHub ✔︎ Twitter ✔︎ Discord ✔︎
rewertynPL

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:12:30 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2017, 08:31:03 AM by rewertynPL

hello i have a problem i can positive configure masternode with that tutorial on this forum but when i create a masternode conf file and there configure this file with data form https://node-vps.com/web/ then wallet resets  (closes) 99% of time that i open it.
mattaero

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:02:20 PM

Well, you have to call it what it is...it is gambling.  This is not 'investing'.  You have an unknown developer, no company structure, no significant information about the project other than the webpage, and spotty GitHub updates.  I put money into it because I think it COULD be the next PIVX or DASH and give astronomical returns.  However, more likely is that this stays near where it is at or fails completely and I will lose all my money.  We will see how it turns out...but I am only using money I don't care if I lose.
qinotorez

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:55:25 PM

I simply dont understand what the problem could be with the coin when it just stays status quo? the masternode rewards will go up. and already 50% is locked sovery likely the price to go up right?
mattaero

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:29:28 PM

I simply dont understand what the problem could be with the coin when it just stays status quo? the masternode rewards will go up. and already 50% is locked sovery likely the price to go up right?

I agree in the short term, but if no work is done to improve it over time, then more rewards for a shit coin just means you get 50% more shit.  I personally think this could be a great coin if the dev can deliver on what he/she wants to do.  People are just freaking out because of the unresponsiveness.
alinka1

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

KORE-TOR-PRIVACY https://kore.life/

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 09:30:00 PM

Dev is doing commits on github, unlike VIVO and BItcloud, nothing is being worked on!

What this coin needs, is marketing! and a better exchange, i really hope that dev will release rocket.chat soon!
Sceat

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:11:50 PM

Dev is doing commits on github, unlike VIVO and BItcloud, nothing is being worked on!

What this coin needs, is marketing! and a better exchange, i really hope that dev will release rocket.chat soon!

i dont call that a commit

https://i.imgur.com/LRmx2R0.png
alinka1

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

KORE-TOR-PRIVACY https://kore.life/

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 12:35:18 PM

There are plenty of commits in October, compare that to many other coins, that have not had a single commit for the past 2 months and are still higher priced than ITZ.

damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:55:01 PM

... picture obfuscated, see above ...

There are plenty of commits in October, compare that to many other coins, that have not had a single commit for the past 2 months and are still higher priced than ITZ.

Although these are minor changes, dev did some work on test Interzone repo. Lots of coins today are surviving just because of unrealistic promises for Q4/2018 on the roadmap or massive social media campaign. I am glad to see an effort here.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:11:00 PM

I contacted www.coinexchange.io about their cost for listing new altcoins.  They replied back with a bunch of information, including the cost, which is currently 2 Bitcoin. Compared to many other exchanges that charge 4-6 Bitcoin I think that is a very fair price.
sohard4me

Activity: 125

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:28:49 AM

Hope dev become active soon....  Smiley

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   Infinex  ✔  Masternode  ✔  Decentralised ✔ Instant Send   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN US AT DISCORD    ★    ✔ ACTIVE DISCUSSION  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN TELEGRAM MASTERNODE ONLINE  MNRANK  TWITTER  CRYPTOBRIDGE   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
barssib

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:49:45 AM

Where can I ask the developer questions?  Here it does not appear ...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: