Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:24:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it legal to sell bitcoin for cash ?  (Read 26812 times)
migolmigol

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:34:43 AM

What is the status on the legality of bitcoin and crytpocurrency in your country? In my country, it is perfectly fine to do so. A local exchange wallet allows us bitcoin users to easily have our bitcoins exchanged into our local currency, and we may retrieve this through remittances or have it transferred directly to our bank accounts. I don't see anything wrong with selling your bitcoins for cash, unless the mere possession of bitcoin is considered to be illegal in your country.

Correct. Check the legality in your country whether it allows any Bitcoin transactions, like trading, or bans it in any form. Take note, in some countries they banned only the ICOs. Meaning, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies that were offered are perfectly legal.

But if you have big amount of Bitcoins to sell, then you must take note that even though the transaction will be anonymous, your money will go somewhere that may alarm the government on when you got the money you are suddenly spending. My point is, if it is too big, pay tax. Personal income tax is filed and paid once in a year, the the case of my country. This will help you avoid unnecessary issues from the government and also big penalties to pay.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
a-zi

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:54:48 AM

dont see any reason why you cant in most coutires
bahlulfahrul

Activity: 475

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:31:37 AM

I was thinking of selling my bitcoins for cash. Is it perfectly legal to do so ? Amount is close to 3-4K.

Thanks for reading.
Depends On Your Country
If Your Country Stated Green/Yellow At Bitlegal.io
Its Legal
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:59:54 AM

I was thinking of selling my bitcoins for cash. Is it perfectly legal to do so ? Amount is close to 3-4K.

Thanks for reading.
Depends On Your Country
Its Legal

My government just forbid Bitcoin as legal transaction so we can't purchase anything with Bitcoin but we still able to own it.
Selling BTC for cash is legit as it not break any law and I've done it over 3 years without being fear to get caught by police
sehanmaxx01

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:43:53 AM

I am wondering: Is it difficult to convert your Bitcoin to cash where you are right now? By the way, are you required to pay some tax for the capital gains? Huh Huh Huh Huh
cammie16

Activity: 462

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:07:46 PM

I am wondering: Is it difficult to convert your Bitcoin to cash where you are right now? By the way, are you required to pay some tax for the capital gains? Huh Huh Huh Huh

Yeah, Im curious too. Because in our country we can withdraw it without any task. Just a transaction fees and we can withdraw it to our local currency. Maybe in their country there is still no company that convert bitcoin into cash that is why he's asking that.

│      Whitepaper      │              BITHOST                          The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook     │     Github     │     Discord     │
CoinDawg

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:23:41 PM

Thanks for reading.

I'm located in the US and I see people selling bitcoin and craigslist and ebay all the time.  Like everyone has been saying, as long as you give Uncle Sam his fair share it's legal.  For now anyway...
Thiptiout

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:05:07 PM

Thanks for reading.
it is Depend on your country laws but use social media if you find one interested with bitcoin can buy from you
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:34:15 AM

Thanks for reading.
Depends On Your Country
Its Legal
We've never experience of having problem in our country(Philippines). Although there are some rumors in regards of its legality but it never give impact to bitcoin community. And most probably this rumor against crypto is from unopened-minded person.
Since bitcoin isn't accepted as a mode of payment by all establishment, we have to change it into our local currency. And we dont have problem in doing this, from USD to peso value.
genolica

Activity: 121
Merit: 7

◆ SHREW ◆ Discounted Pre-Sale

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:41:52 AM

This is legal, I think. But conditions apply on different countries Smiley

◆     SHREW     ◆
Discounted Pre-Sale Live !
Cixboy61

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:41:10 PM

In Turkey it is not legal right now. Beacuse you are not pay any fee,tax or something like that according to your gain.
You have to pay your income tax for all gains if it is legal.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     A N T E X     / // ///     MULTI-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED PROTOCOLS & SERVICES     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Telegram Group     >     Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Whitepaper     <     Telegram Channel
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:44:44 PM

Thanks for reading.

It depends on the country where you reside because certain laws don't allow amounts exceeding "x" $ or the currency of your country per month, you may do it like try to redeem some amount this month pertaining to the limits that are to be kept in mind and the other in next month. I can understand that there is some risk involved of the price decrease, but going through law could be the best option than to get caught under radar for any fucking "accusation" they may charge you for.
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:03:30 PM

When selling bitcoins for cash - aware of taxes.
I woulg seggest you to go to bookkeeper in your city to make it fully legal from taxes side
grandmasters2

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:15:27 PM

Is it legal to sell bitcoin on ebay?
g4vinshreds

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

Trader

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:21:31 PM

Thanks for reading.
Where I live,  you would have to pay taxes on all income including that from selling your bitcoin,  but as long as you paid the taxes you would be perfectly fine and it would be legal.  However,  if you tried to evade the taxes,  then you would be in big trouble and possibly go to jail even for such a relatively small amount compared to the amounts that some other crimes have been committed for.

A.Chanaka Bandara

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Feeling Relax in Underpressure

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 02:25:08 PM

Bit Coin is legal for transaction. We can exchange it to physical Curruncy. Cex.io is most famous exchange.

nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:42:06 PM

Thanks for reading.
Where I live,  you would have to pay taxes on all income including that from selling your bitcoin,  but as long as you paid the taxes you would be perfectly fine and it would be legal.  However,  if you tried to evade the taxes,  then you would be in big trouble and possibly go to jail even for such a relatively small amount compared to the amounts that some other crimes have been committed for.

Nothing new, because when you convert your Bitcoins to "fiat", it becomes turned into a local currency that you use for your local expenses and that comes under the Government's banking system as well as centralization hits you there which is why proper tax guide is needed in order to pay correct taxes. Here at my place, if you show that you got paid for Services, you need to pay Goods and Service Tax over this and if you show that you gained something through trading, there's a Capital gains tax that you need to pay. I try to pay Capital gains over GST by showing this as a trading income, but sometimes I don't need to pay anything because the amounts are not too high and non-taxable as well as out of tax slabs.
ridhonofri23

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:06:16 PM

If the bitcoin not sold to cash, for what we have to collect so many bitcoin? I put together a bitcoin just to earn some money and it is legal in my country

Klausi

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:18:02 PM

Thanks for reading.

This is possible if some one will really agree to pay it for you in cash avoiding the tax or service charge for you but in the end still it will need the help of local exchanges to convert it to fiat. If the last person will now use the exchange for fiat, the last person will now leave with no option but to shoulder the tax or the service fees imposed by the exchanges or the government. I'm afraid no one will buy your bitcoin except if you will sell it at the lower price to recover the future fees of the buyer.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
katinko

Activity: 196
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:08:17 AM

Thanks for reading.
It was depend on the legalization of bitcoin in your country if there is no news about bitcoin it is ok to buy or sell bitcoin and make sure you are real buyer or seller and not a scammer because that is not tolerable in the law you will be punished inn that way doing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: